Dan & Phil Part 93: Fomosexual

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I agree with the things everyone else has said but I'm also just really happy and proud to see Dan carrying on a conversation with his fans on a topic like this. I really appreciate how seriously Dan is taking all the comments he responds to? I just have this feeling like... this. This is what I want for this fandom. Dan turning to us to talk about something important to him, and people listening and responding and carrying it on into their own conversations independent of him. (Even if they don't agree - especially when they don't agree, like with the boomer thing.)
noodlebum
flower crown

Yep it's good to have conversations about both issues, and they're happening in a mature way which is great to see.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I decided to take a little stroll through the Phillip Schofield hashtag on Twitter, thinking it would be mostly nice, and boy was I wrong. Props to anyone with the balls to survive Twitter and it's reductionist, anonymous discourse, good lord.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

On a sidenote, it’s always massively nostalgic for me to see anything about Phillip Schofield cos back in the 80s when I was a kid he did the BBC kids’ tv after school slot so he was a huge presence for years (along with the puppet Gordon T Gopher).

Also go, Dan. He worded that boomer tweet so well, he’s so hecking good with words.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

rizzo wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm found myself wondering if dan would acknowledge this today. he did and he's right:
This is such a nuanced and thoughtful tweet and an important point, not just for this situation but for all situations like it. I mean, a lot of us (lgbtq people) have been accused of lying for not coming out soon enough to certain people or for trying to survive in a homophobic society. It's awful and I'm glad Dan tweeted this. And that response too, so so good. I relate and I'm glad Dan decided to speak out about this in the way he did.

It also doesn't even matter who Schofield is. Nobody deserves to be the victim of homophobic attacks because homophobia can't be a weapon against gay people we don't like. Criticise Schofield for his bad choices or his political background but don't let the homophobic attacks against him slide. Because that will hurt loads of innocent gay people in the long run and it will make it seem like homophobia is okay when you don't like someone and... it's obviously not. (Idk why I'm saying this, it's not directed at anyone here, I just feel like it might be important to say.)

Also, you guys, "boomer" might be annoying but it's not a slur. It's not comparable to homophobic slurs at all.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Katka wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:20 pmAlso, you guys, "boomer" might be annoying but it's not a slur. It's not comparable to homophobic slurs at all.
Yep definitely that.

It's an annoying insult - especially considering the broad usage by phandom members is just to shut up someone who doesn't agree with them, no matter the age. I have lost track of how many times I've been 'okay boomer'd and I'm 34.

But it's not the same as a slur by any means. I appreciate Dan's response to that tweet a lot.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

spotted in the wild!

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

is dan wear their old merch cap?

they're so cute. it's so nice to see them out and about ;-; every time. i'm so easy to please these days.
noodlebum
flower crown

Oh no it's gone, I didn't see
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh yeah, I guess she went private.

Since it was public to begin with I don't feel bad sharing it here:
noodlebum wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:23 pm Oh no it's gone, I didn't see
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Can you believe how much joint content we’ve gotten this year? Granted I’m comparing it to last year but we’ve gotten the VR date, the birthday tweet and confirmation that dan’s gift was Phil’s favorite, the (fan photo) of them at DEH, the family photo and Lester outing, the fan photo today and then Phil sharing mini golf. The things they’ve shared with us have been personal too which makes it even better
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Hearing Dan scream was like a flashback to Dan and Phil Games and it's ridiculous how happy that made me.
:rainbowtears:
firsttimeposter
living flop

Amiaw wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:22 am Can you believe how much joint content we’ve gotten this year? Granted I’m comparing it to last year but we’ve gotten the VR date, the birthday tweet and confirmation that dan’s gift was Phil’s favorite, the (fan photo) of them at DEH, the family photo and Lester outing, the fan photo today and then Phil sharing mini golf. The things they’ve shared with us have been personal too which makes it even better
We got a fan photo of them at DEH?
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:10 pm
Amiaw wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:22 am Can you believe how much joint content we’ve gotten this year? Granted I’m comparing it to last year but we’ve gotten the VR date, the birthday tweet and confirmation that dan’s gift was Phil’s favorite, the (fan photo) of them at DEH, the family photo and Lester outing, the fan photo today and then Phil sharing mini golf. The things they’ve shared with us have been personal too which makes it even better
We got a fan photo of them at DEH?
Yes - an exceptionally rare one where the fan in question isn't in between them, too :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
susan2
rainbow nerd

Dan's listed to run the 2020 London Marathon on 26 April -
https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.c ... 40th-race/
:running: :running: :running:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

susan2 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:02 am Dan's listed to run the 2020 London Marathon on 26 April -
Oh SNAP. I am genuinely stressed for him!

But also really excited??? Team Dan. Proud Mum IDB.

:happytears:
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

susan2 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:02 am Dan's listed to run the 2020 London Marathon on 26 April -
It's interesting to me to have it associated with his public figure status off the bat this year, as opposed to last time. It seems like maybe extra pressure for him to follow through? Also it sounds like it could be a charity thing?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think it’s easier to get a spot if you’re running for charity
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Tbh I’m just ‘why?’ cos I forget what he said before and I couldn’t run anywhere near that far, it would be horrible, and I thought he did exercise out of necessity, this is serious commitment to miles. I hope he’s doing better training this time and somehow manages it. And tapes his nips, as someone on twitter mentioned. Two other names on the list make me ‘aww’, Tanya Franks from Eastenders was in the theatre company I worked with right after uni, she’s cool, and Peter Duncan was a Blue Peter presenter (iconic kids’ tv show) in the 80s.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Kind of surprised after his Vidcon piece last year, but also not surprised because it probably stuck in his craw that he dropped out. It’s one of those hobbies I just Do Not Understand, and seeing Dan, who used to talk often about how much he hated exercise (“like me!” I always thought), now running marathons (“absolutely not like me, who is this??”) makes me feel proud but also weird, you know? But good for him, it’s obviously important to him!

And yeah, I’m sure the community will get behind him and it’ll be lovely to see! He’s gonna be limping in Mexico :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Carrie Hope Fletcher's running the marathon as well, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if they'll acknowledge each other in any way... I'd really love to see a little public reunion.
heartsopenminds
smol bean

Oh, I'm really pleased for him that he's giving it another go. Do you think he'll have a public donations page this time, as he's being more up front about the fact he's doing it?

I'd already made plans to go and watch a friend who's running, as someone we know lives right on the route and is hosting a marathon party in her front garden, now I have two people to watch out for and cheer on1
Phantasy
woodland creature

Whelp, now I’m gonna need some sort of epic training montage or my life won’t be complete.
noodlebum
flower crown

I wonder which charity it'll be for, Young Minds?
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Phantasy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:32 am Whelp, now I’m gonna need some sort of epic training montage or my life won’t be complete.
Now that is a video. If onlyyy
I'm proud of him for signing up again!
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."