Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

I am at work and I am very grateful no one is here atm because those marathon pics are SENDING ME
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

I thought I was the only one who found them funny and felt bad :lol:

No but seriously I can't imagine running 1. for two and a half hours 2. in such cold weather that a jacket is necessary. I respect the guy.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
Judearaya
sofa crease

Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I've been away traveling all weekend so have a lot of catching up to do, but I just saw Phil's tweet about ear rumbling and am oddly satisfied that this is something I can do too!

Very happy that it seems Vidcon went well and that Dan finished the half marathon in what seem like crap conditions. I am sad to see him all by himself in that tweeted photo. In my experience, running socially is much more pleasant that running alone, so I hope for the marathon (and in life!) he has friends alongside him.
noodlebum
flower crown

I agree it looked quite lonely, so hopefully as running for a charity there will be a group of them to jolly each other along :)
liola
rankussy

I'm sorry but how the hell do you run socially when you're probably trying to regulate your breathing as to not die

Are you all runners like superheroes cause I can barely walk and talk at the same time

I don't know if Dan would like the spread of those pics to be honest, no one looks good running, there's a reason why the running guy that llooked handsome became such a meme, it's so uncommon!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
noodlebum
flower crown

Hey, I barely run for the bus :lol: sure the fun runs I've seen are likely very different from a marathon, but silent support from a friendly face doing the same as you would be positive I imagine :shrug: although likely very hard to stay alongside a particular person when all have a different pace, for that long a distance
Amiaw
interactive introvert

did anyone other than me think it was odd that YouTube sent Phil’s sweater to the wrong address? Or that he was rearranging things in his livestream room? Or that they’ve both been wearing clothes we haven’t seen in a long time 👀
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Amiaw wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:09 pm did anyone other than me think it was odd that YouTube sent Phil’s sweater to the wrong address? Or that he was rearranging things in his livestream room? Or that they’ve both been wearing clothes we haven’t seen in a long time 👀
*chanting* movingmovingmovingmoving :foreverhome: :foreverhome: :foreverhome:
liola
rankussy

Moving Hill is still here, in my heart, in my Twitter bio, in my dreams
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Megancita75 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:07 pm I've been away traveling all weekend so have a lot of catching up to do, but I just saw Phil's tweet about ear rumbling and am oddly satisfied that this is something I can do too!

Very happy that it seems Vidcon went well and that Dan finished the half marathon in what seem like crap conditions. I am sad to see him all by himself in that tweeted photo. In my experience, running socially is much more pleasant that running alone, so I hope for the marathon (and in life!) he has friends alongside him.
I think if I were gonna try a half marathon I'd require no one I know within the city limits of whatever city I was running. Dan's such a solitary person in general that I kind of feel like having an empty hotel room or airbnb or whatever to decompress and center himself both before and after might have been exactly what he wanted, you know? And I'm sure he and Phil kept in touch all day anyway but Dan's reasons for doing this seem much more about internal validation than external.

It'll be fun to see if the London Marathon is different, though; since this was likely a practice run and that's the real deal, with him knowing his name is attached alongside a charity, I'm sure he's anticipating more of a fuss.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Random observation, but idk how the heck Dan ran with his pocket stuffed full like a chipmunk’s cheek... idk about anyone else, but when I’m running or at the gym my pockets have to be empty (maybe my cell if I HAVE to)... 13 miles with the weight of pocket contents bouncing and chaffing at your side would drive me bonkers. lol
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 pm I hope he uploads this ls. He was so sassy today
Here is the ls, since Phil hasn’t uploaded it yet. What a great one! I just am really appreciating him more and more all the time. I found him thru Dan, so even though I watched all his pre-Dan videos, I never experienced him in all his glory. I hope Dan is growing as much out of the spotlight as Phil is in it. I also hope Dan returns to the spotlight someday (or he could be a full time dad like Tyler aspires to) whatever makes him happy.

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Susanisnotafish wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:24 am
Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 pm I hope he uploads this ls. He was so sassy today
Here is the ls, since Phil hasn’t uploaded it yet. What a great one! I just am really appreciating him more and more all the time. I found him thru Dan, so even though I watched all his pre-Dan videos, I never experienced him in all his glory. I hope Dan is growing as much out of the spotlight as Phil is in it. I also hope Dan returns to the spotlight someday (or he could be a full time dad like Tyler aspires to) whatever makes him happy.

ehehe 33:08 for me sassing Phil and Phil sassing me back
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:58 am
Susanisnotafish wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:24 am

ehehe 33:08 for me sassing Phil and Phil sassing me back
see I knew this sounded familiar to me and that's because he talked about it before in 2014, and good on ya for the sass dizzy because it seems like Phil has much less candor than he did 6 years ago.
obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:04 am Phil liveshow - March 15, 2014
25:25 - Chat: Scooby-doo 2 is on
Phil: I don't like scooby-doo 2. I love Sarah Michelle Geller so much, and scooby-doo 1 was really good for what it was, but I didn't like the second one. I'm sorry.

25:47 - Chat: I don't like scooby-doo at all
Phil: That's fair enough. I only liked it because I was a SMG fanboy, and still kind of am
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Rhett and Link reading fic without permission on their show makes me really, really grateful for how Dan and Phil learned and adjusted to fandom and did their level best to make sure they were only reading/showing things that fans submitted and didn't mind being there.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I only became familiar with the concept of the fourth wall through this fandom, and it does seem like a very healthy boundary to enforce, for both sides. It does seem like norms of conduct in a fan community are probably hard to enforce or universally adopt, though (I'm thinking specifically of some people in Phil's LS chats that I've seen bring up fanfiction, which I find less than ideal). I just wish the Rhett and Link people might have anticipated the sort of scrutiny the fic writers would face from their large audience, and that part seems really unfair and unbalanced.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Megancita75 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:50 pm I only became familiar with the concept of the fourth wall through this fandom, and it does seem like a very healthy boundary to enforce, for both sides. It does seem like norms of conduct in a fan community are probably hard to enforce or universally adopt, though (I'm thinking specifically of some people in Phil's LS chats that I've seen bring up fanfiction, which I find less than ideal). I just wish the Rhett and Link people might have anticipated the sort of scrutiny the fic writers would face from their large audience, and that part seems really unfair and unbalanced.
With RandL it's even more frustrating that most of their fanbase on twitter just seems to be enthusiastically taking their lead and roasting the writers and fics. Like, one of them was just a mpreg tumblr prompt fill, that's just something a person wrote because someone else requested it and it probably seemed fun and safe and not something they ever expected to be exposed to hundreds of thousands of people to make fun of. Not ever creator cares about the fourth wall, but enough do. They could have probably found some writers that would give permission just for the ~notice easily enough but I know at least one of the writers is also in phandom and definitely didn't give permission and wasn't happy with the video.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I’ve definitely seen other creators do this, and it never fails to upset me. They have every right to read through fic tags and snoop through mentions and things, but to PUBLICLY put people on blast for fan works and make fun of them is so unfair. Ahhh.
The closest dnp came to doing something like this were the tumblr tag videos, but luckily those ended. (The major problem with those were people reposting art and fanworks that were not intended by the original artists to be seen by dnp, let alone published in a video.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Off topic but can you believe Phil hasn’t tweeted about pancake day?

Edit: thanks Phil
Phantasy
woodland creature

Amiaw wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 pm Off topic but can you believe Phil hasn’t tweeted about pancake day?

Edit: thanks Phil
just a insta story with animated gifs... oh how far we’ve fallen :wahh:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I know it was the bare minimum but I’d like to think he was taking a well deserved pajama day off or that he’s too busy unpacking boxes from their move (dying on moving hill) and couldn’t post a real picture
knq
lava lamp

Dan and Phil wrote their own fanfiction and then read it aloud. That's clearly the correct way to do things.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Continuing a conversation happening on tumblr:

Phil:
Long quiff vs short quiff?
Black hair vs brown hair?

Dan:
Long curls vs shorter waves?
Black studs vs silver hoops?

Photo evidence strongly encouraged to solidify your arguments.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’d go with long brown quiff and long curls with silver hoops. I’ve been looking at pictures and upsetting muscles all day, and have just taken a break so take my word for it.