Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Grey
lady door

An update to dan’s marathon journey could make a pretty funny and classic-Dan segment.

I’m interested to see his segment. I find it hard to imagine what he will say because we haven’t heard thoughts from him without an interview style for the Mermaids charity in such a long time.
hello9217 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:56 am Even though I have definitely learned to keep my expectations low with these two I still had a slight hope since vidcon mexico was set to be at that same time and they were supposed to do a joint qna. I just thought this livestream could be a way to make up for it. Although I do have my doubts that they weren’t asked to do this separately, because let’s be honest, a joint show would gather FAR more attention than two separate ones. It’s just disappointing at the end of the day. I just wish that dnp could realize that a joint anything of them such as a picture, a tweet, an anecdote, would literally make so many people’s days. Also I feel like we will just hear the same old recycled stories that phil has said in his liveshows and that dan said in his.
I think they do realize that but they’re setting boundaries. I feel like the way they stopped doing joint content was extremely poorly handled but I get why they don’t want to be on camera together anymore very much.

The live shows definitely lack new stories about his life. I feel like that could be due to a combination of things. (1) not wanting to share much personal info, (2) not wanting to share much about future potential projects, (3) being in lockdown and actually not having many new stories to tell.

I agree with you about making up for Mexico. I feel so bad for fans in Mexico. They’ve had their hopes up and then dashed twice now.... jeeeeez
I'm having a stress.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I've been looking at it like this is basically two chunks of Dan and Phil the same length as an average youtube video - so I'm actually really excited to see what Dan comes up with on his own.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Got excited for a moment when a trailer for the stream popped up on the YouTube Originals channel, even with Dan in the thumbnail. No Dan or Phil, but all 16 (?) other people/pairs :shrug:
firsttimeposter
living flop

Catallena wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 am Anyway not to become the throwback girl but I decided (because I like to hurt myself apparently) that every day I'm gonna watch the Instagram Stories that DnP posted on exactly that day in 2018. No skipping ahead in the playlist allowed! Just one fun thing to see every day (provided that they posted that day but 2018 was a gooooooood year for that).

So 2 years ago they saw their set for the first time, asked for music recs for the pre-show playlist and omg look how cute they are with the dog filter.
How I MISS these ii times!! Just watching the stories I feel like a different person, I miss 2018 too much. I never went to ii, and have been here since 2015, but 2018 definitely was the year of DELIVERING content, there was so much! Stories every day😭 I remember One day they didn’t tweet and I thought they were gone for too long lmao.
firsttimeposter
living flop

flarequake wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:15 pm Got excited for a moment when a trailer for the stream popped up on the YouTube Originals channel, even with Dan in the thumbnail. No Dan or Phil, but all 16 (?) other people/pairs :shrug:
Sorry for double posting but??? They removed dan from the thumbnail lmao. Probably realized they were just pandering hmm. I also felt it was weird that he was the thumbnail but wasn’t even in the trailer. I’m also sad to see other ‘duos’ in the trailer, cause it makes YouTube asking dnp to do it separately even less likely.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Interactive Introverts started 2 years ago today in Brighton :happytears:

Phil's way of heating up his toast in a hotel room still makes me laugh.

Oh and I almost forgot. ty ly bb.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

I can't believe it's been two years! (I swear the last month has felt like two years.) That was such a great time to be in the phandom :D Thanks Catallena for the throwbacks! Whatever the situation is now, we'll always have those times to relive and cherish
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

honestly loving your throwback posts, catallena.

and in these times of scarcity, i want to lean into pretending it's present day. so, with that being said, "bb" was definitely phil right?? right. he loves phil. #phanconfirmed
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Kind of off topic but if anyone is interested Cornelia is going live tomorrow

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So either there's a misprint in the livestream blurb or we're gonna be treated to a musical performance from Dan tomorrow? (I'm voting misprint.)
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I don’t think it’s any sort of official blurb, just a (very badly written) article on some random site? I assume they meant the mental health bit, which I wouldn’t be surprised to see him talk about. I wouldn’t say no to some piano though :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:19 pm I don’t think it’s any sort of official blurb, just a (very badly written) article on some random site? I assume they meant the mental health bit, which I wouldn’t be surprised to see him talk about. I wouldn’t say no to some piano though :lol:
Ooh that makes more sense. I couldn't find the actual link because people were just talking about it and not sourcing it, I was hoping someone would show up with it!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:21 pm
madzilla84 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:19 pm I don’t think it’s any sort of official blurb, just a (very badly written) article on some random site? I assume they meant the mental health bit, which I wouldn’t be surprised to see him talk about. I wouldn’t say no to some piano though :lol:
Ooh that makes more sense. I couldn't find the actual link because people were just talking about it and not sourcing it, I was hoping someone would show up with it!
This is the link: https://boldoutline.in/youtube-original ... nment.html. It’s an Indian site, which means it could be language barrier issues, perhaps.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

His replies are cute. Dander Mifflin. I love him.

Also:
So definitely pre-recorded, yeah?
liola
rankussy

Honestly as long as he doesn't make any lmao relatable joke I'd be fine with anything. I know people are hoping he talks about the marathon or piano, I don't particularly care either way. Curious about what Phil will do, I feel like going towards the end when it's later in the day and people maybe aren't busy working from home means more people watching, so I wonder if that was a specific choice on youtube side or they gave a preference.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

He can prepare for a live segment, doesn’t have to mean pre-recorded. Love how they put them at either end. I’m not sure how much I’ll watch of the rest, I like Riyadh and Jessica, but some of the others are annoying.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

im surprised dan wasn’t in Cornelia’s chat with Phil and martyn since he’s been so bored...hopefully once dan releases a project he can start acknowledging his friends again

Anyways good to know time slots for the stream
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I do wonder what on earth is going on at DNP Towers sometimes. A strange thing for him to say, but whatever. Maybe they just section off some specific times to work completely apart during the day so they don’t distract each other and he gets lonely. Who knows.

I knew they’d spread them out to keep us watching, classic trick, but glad we know roughly where they are so I can take a break in the middle lol.

‘Edutainment’ what could it mean?

I figured if he was gonna watch her show he’d watch it with Phil and as such wouldn’t need to be on his account, but there’s no way of knowing. So much mystery these days
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Off topic but just thought I'd share this video with a like minded audience because it kinda has me in my feelings.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Why are we so sure it's pre-recorded?
Also yeah, Indian """news""" websites do be like that, there's an industry of them that just pulls stuff from other places and makes it look like content. Looks like they smashed two sentences together. It's funny seeing everyone so intrigued at the singer thing when it was just clearly written by some rando who doesn't know who any of the people involved are.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:51 pm im surprised dan wasn’t in Cornelia’s chat with Phil and martyn since he’s been so bored...hopefully once dan releases a project he can start acknowledging his friends again

Whoa, was Phil in there? I was watching and didn't see him!
alien
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:23 pm
Amiaw wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:51 pm im surprised dan wasn’t in Cornelia’s chat with Phil and martyn since he’s been so bored...hopefully once dan releases a project he can start acknowledging his friends again

Whoa, was Phil in there? I was watching and didn't see him!
he did smiley face, clapping, and dabbing emojis lol
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

While we're all watching the live stream tomorrow, keep an eye out for good ideas for the next thread name and put any and all suggestions here! :6-year-old dan:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil again.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Amiaw wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:07 pm

Phil again.
I didnt watch the video but I do like that jacket he's wearing. The color looks good on him.

I got a kick out of him saying he was sewing his fursuit in a Twitter reply. Wouldn't that make an excellent video :lol: