Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm
!!!
Question from someone who's never colored their hair: It looks like he's dyed his hair and then had it cut. Is that the typical order? It would make sense to me too cut it first and then dye it, but again, I have no experience in this area.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Uh oh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
noodlebum
flower crown

Ok I haven't finished the video yet but i'm crying laughing at his weird bald side and completely removing his sideburns, and now just chopping random pieces of hair off the top willy-nilly... the chaotic energy is insane :lol: :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I love Phil. I'm just. Loving Phil. That's the mood. Phil love.
Mia
spork

I loved how that was both chaotic and wholesome whilst he tried to fix it. It's not bad, just better from a distance. Really enjoyed that video
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I have never felt so anxious watching a Phil video. He just lives like that? Like he has a thought and then does it? I love him and I fear him.
Philena
blobfish

I am dying right now. He is an actual toddler :rofl:
noodlebum
flower crown

Surely Dan would've done a slightly better job for him! :shock: But hey, this was fun, my chest hurts from laughing so much :rofl:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm still in the process of watching the video and I'm literally peaking through my fingers because watching this gives me anxiety. Phil's personal brand of chaos is too much for this world.
sapienveneficus wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:14 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm
!!!
Question from someone who's never colored their hair: It looks like he's dyed his hair and then had it cut. Is that the typical order? It would make sense to me too cut it first and then dye it, but again, I have no experience in this area.
That's how a salon would do it yeah, or at least the ones I've been at. You get dye in your hair, you let it sit, they wash it out, they cut the hair while wet, and then it gets blow dried and styled.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

OMG this was beautiful chaos but I also think Dan trying to do this would've been hilarious content. I feel like phil is really committed to the whole not having dan in videos, because this would've been legit perfect dan content.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

Oh my gosh this video was great

I was nervous for so much of the video though
:transheart:
liola
rankussy

God I hope he had Dan help fix the back, I don't believe Dan has any particular hair cutting skills but surely SEEING the back of your head will help immensely.

He's so chaotic and that's why I love him. Also I so love the black on him, it just makes him so striking. He's lucky he's got such a handsome face so he still looks like a whole meal!

Now I'm just gonna hope he's featured in a Brad Mondo video, only seems fair after he reviewed Safiya, Jenna marbles and Crisfine. The chaotic four must complete.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

:o this was my face through the whole video. I just. *Dan voice* Phiiiiiiiiiiiiiwl!!!! That was stressful in the best way (mostly bc I've had a horrible 24 hours of stress and this is just light and breezy fun in comparison lol). I can't believe he didn't try to make it look...idk a bit more even???? But I guess that's just Phil and why we love him!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Omg that was so stressful! But at least it’s just hair and it’ll grow back lol. When I envisioned him making this video, I figured he’d watch some kind of tutorial on how to cut your own hair first! I can’t believe he just went for it!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Whelp we wanted Phil to go full Jenna Marbles and I think he’s finally done it
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow that was fun, he really went for it. When he first got the clippers set up and started sensibly on the longer setting I thought maybe he had this, more than half a clue, but then patchy bald monk times occurred so never mind :roll: it’ll grow back and it’ll sure get him views, and overall it’s not too bad, especially from a distance. The closeup at the start showed no blue, though it shines blueish from the distance of the main camera, maybe the light needs the travelling to bounce that enough :shrug: (cos that’s how science works, definitely). Despite all the ‘photo - must be video tease’ I wasn’t expecting it so that was a nice surprise. My avatar’s out of date now, I was celebrating the natural hair. Sod it, I’m keeping it.
bevioletsky
glabella

Watching that made me SWEAT

The level of chaos at which he seemingly operates and lives his life is truly unparalleled and I am terrified of it.

But it was highly entertaining, despite me having to pause the video every minute or so from the sheer anxious horror I experienced and now have to go and try to recover from.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Well, after like 10 anxiety attacks while watching that I'm back to give my verdict. It was a really great video, even if the results were less than stellar. It could've been worse I guess, like he could've ended up with a bald spot at the back of his head. Instead he just has... well he has something. :shrug:

I can't get over how he just picks up the scissors at 4:26 and goes SNIP. No hesitation, no fear. Just SNIP. When I was a very dumb and blonde 6 year old I cut some of my hair with kiddy scissors (and my parents will never let me forget it) and even I was more careful at the time. His mind... it's big. Empty, but big.

Man, I can just imagine Dan's high pitched siren sound going PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWL the moment he walked into the lounge and then that damn hyena laugh. Would've loved a little reaction shot like that, but it's 2020 so that's a no :(

Anyway, I respect Phil for suffering for his art but also I didn't suffer through years of Fabrice's fucks ups just for Phil to do this to himself. Get those views tho! :money:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I think the only things I said watching this was noooo, stop, don't and why are you still cutting. RIP sideburns that was the most traumatic part apart from the close-ups. At least from a distance it's ok, I'm loving the return of the black hair though.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:19 pm Anyway, I respect Phil for suffering for his art but also I didn't suffer through years of Fabrice's fucks ups just for Phil to do this to himself. Get those views tho! :money:
Maybe Fabrice was Phil the whole time....

:illuminati:
pcvaidya
squish

This falls firmly into the category of my favorite type of Phil video: Phil has a questionable idea, but he’s already turned on the camera and committed to seeing it through.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I just wonder if Phil misses Dan in his videos as much as we do. I enjoyed this, but it was no hair curling video.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I’m just fascinated by the pcou Phil. I always liked him a ton in older videos but he did seem more controlled and buttoned up, despite the innuendos. Like I just want to know if this more relaxed, free wheeling version of him was there all along or if this is a side of himself he has been cultivating in the past year.
alien
procrastinator

I haven't cry-laughed at a video in a long time. I'm so thankful I got that in this video lol. god I love Phil.

For someone who doesn't like to wear hats he sure took a risk!
masterofgeometry
squish

I feel like Phil's gone a bit feral in quarantine, and this is the product of it.