Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Phanshy
sad dimple

Re: Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Post by Phanshy » Sun May 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Conspiracy theory - Phil let Dan cut his hair and it's a disaster, so that's why we haven't had a photo or video since he dyed it.

Megancita75
lady door
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Megancita75 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Yes, this is my working theory, that the dye job was a complete disaster or maybe it just didn't turn out as expected, so Phil is waiting to go to an actual hairdresser for a fix. Who knows, but it sure is a long tease.

kavat
butterglutton

Post by kavat » Mon May 25, 2020 3:11 pm

I'm over here with boring theories, like that it's a spon that needs to be cleared before posting... But I'd much rather have a hair fail storytime video!!
Do you make mistakes or do you make a change?

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Mon May 25, 2020 3:22 pm

noodlebum
stress mushroom

Post by noodlebum » Mon May 25, 2020 3:23 pm

I wonder how many people in this forum and elsewhere are mind-boggled by this tweet :lol: UK fans might be the only ones appreciating it

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Post by Catallena » Mon May 25, 2020 3:24 pm

On today's episode The Phandom Has Lost The Plot: Dan tweets that Dominic Cummings needs to get the boot and phannies everywhere (including me eve though I do follow the news) accidentally read... something else at first. Be honest, at this point that wouldn't even be that strange. Just very 2020.
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
(inventor of capita£ester, will kick people who use it to slander phil)

madzilla84
phabergé

Post by madzilla84 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:36 pm

Dan is quite right, though in all honesty I'm (pleasantly) surprised he didn't somehow make a filthier joke out of it. Thanks, Dan. :lol:

Phil has always been pretty good at laughing at himself, so I feel like if the plan had been to make a hair-dyeing/cutting video and it was a huge fail, he'd make it anyway. I think he might be trying to space out his videos a bit, it's only been a week and a half since the last one (which it doesn't feel like at *all*, it feels like it was weeks ago), so perhaps he wants to leave it the usual 2 or so weeks. (Assuming he actually is making a video about it, which I *really* hope he is)

Crazy, never-gonna-happen dream scenario: he makes a vid that's a kinda-sorta day in the life/week in the life about various things he's getting up to during lockdown, featuring things like food deliveries (hey, it's been in a DITL before), gaming (did he finally catch a betta???), hair dyeing, Norman watching, working, pigeon watching, etc etc obviously with absolutely no one else in the house, no sir. :please:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com :aceflag:

noodlebum
stress mushroom

Post by noodlebum » Mon May 25, 2020 4:12 pm

I'd love a lockdown DITL even if it just features Norman

itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by itasca00 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:54 am

As usual, alittledizzy is a genius! I have been so incredibly unenthused by the idea of Dan writing a memoir or self-help style book, or even a fiction book based largely on his own experiences (even though I am now and always will be happy for Dan to do whatever he wants to do). Anything like that by him I just can only imagine as 100+ pages of “Trying to Live My Truth,” and that does not appeal to me on any level. But alittledizzy’s dream would be so much fun! It could be silly and corny or serious and sincere...any possibility I can think of would be such a pleasure for me to read! If Dan were to write a book, either now or in the future (and I think there’s good reason to believe that that Goodreads listing is attributed to him by mistake), this is definitely my dream for what that book would contain. :D
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Tue May 26, 2020 7:52 pm

Phil continues to keep us up to date on what he's eating... but not his hair color.

Phanshy
sad dimple

Post by Phanshy » Tue May 26, 2020 8:46 pm

I don't want to hate on Phil, I really appreciate how consistent he's been with putting out content, but his recent Instagram activity or lack of is disappointing, especially after stopping live shows, it feels like a wall has been put up again. I understand not feeling inspired right now but the two written ice cream reviews have left me feeling flat, the pigeon posts were cute probably because we could hear him maybe if we could hear his voice I'd feel differently about the ice cream posts but if feels like a bare minimum effort to tick off posted on Instagram so he can be quite a few more days.

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Post by rizzo » Tue May 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Phanshy wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:46 pm
I don't want to hate on Phil, I really appreciate how consistent he's been with putting out content, but his recent Instagram activity or lack of is disappointing, especially after stopping live shows, it feels like a wall has been put up again. I understand not feeling inspired right now but the two written ice cream reviews have left me feeling flat, the pigeon posts were cute probably because we could hear him maybe if we could hear his voice I'd feel differently about the ice cream posts but if feels like a bare minimum effort to tick off posted on Instagram so he can be quite a few more days.
I'll be honest. I'm really in the same boat. It all just seems a bit empty right now.

What I'm trying to do is give Phil the benefit of the doubt. Don't know what's going on in his (or Dan's) personal life, I'm sure there are things he's dealing with and he's never been one to share any of it (until he suddenly drops a DML3 or something).

It fully feels a bit like a drought, but I'm trucking through it via fanfic.

Perhaps this is where we learn the D&P-specific lesson that we shouldn't complain about no Dan content, lest we also lose Phil content. :lol:

Becky.rigby
glabella

Post by Becky.rigby » Wed May 27, 2020 12:42 pm

I made the mistake of reading old Dan tweets from 2009-2010 and I miss them both so much :'( I wish they would just talk to us as it has been so long. I get that at the moment everything is uncertain, they probably don't know when the project will be revealed and they don't want to spoil it, but it seems to me like they have gradually stopped things, first it was the radio show, then PINOF (which I kind of agree with tbf) then the gaming channel :'(, Dans' liveshows and to be honest I really don't have high hopes for Phil doing live shows again. Even tweets and videos and Instagram stories are infrequent now. I know we always have this conversation but I don't want this forum t die and we don't really have anything to talk about. Even the merch newsletters aren't signed by them anymore and are signed by IRL merch. I hate 2020 so much :/ take me back to 2014-2015 pleaseeee!!!

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Wed May 27, 2020 3:21 pm

What?? You guys aren't satisfied knowing what ice cream Phil is eating? This isn't the CONTENT OF DREAMS for you??

Seriously though I'm a little bit stir crazy waiting on a hair update. We get it, Phil, you're a fan of edging. Not all of us share you kinks, though, OKAY. Some of us want desperately to know the status of your goddamn hair. And yes, I appreciate what a unique situation that is, Phil. I appreciate that not everyone in the world can say they have thousands of people frothing at the mouth for a glimpse of what emerges from your follicles. I know you may be high on the power there. But HAVE PITY ON US. We've done our waiting! TWELVE YEARS OF IT! (or at least it feels like that.)

Anyway. Cough. I'm done.

madzilla84
phabergé

Post by madzilla84 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:38 pm

The only thing stopping me from going completely insane about it is that - like, he *must* have posted that for a reason, surely? He wouldn't just post a pic of the box for no reason and then yeet off into the sunshine? I quite like the idea of the tease because then there's something to look forward to (presumably a video), but in the event there isn't, then what was the point??

Yeah, I didn't *love* that the second the YouNow spon was up he was immediately out of here; sort of said to me that he didn't really want to do it (or at least in that format). Which is sad, but he shouldn't if he doesn't want to, because you can usually tell, and it isn't fun for anyone. Re everything else - I mean, there's only so much I can say without sounding like a broken record, but yeah, it *is* really sad how everything slowly ended and brought us to this point. (Usual disclaimer that this doesn't include Phil's YouTube content, the frequency of which is mostly unchanged, but obviously there also used to be Phil liveshows, Dan liveshows, joint liveshows, regular insta stories and posts including joint ones, regular tweets, gaming channel videos, the occasional Dan video, joint videos on AmazingPhil. And obviously it's perfectly fine if they wanted to move away from all of that and focus on other things - people change - I just wish they'd like, communicated it, that's all.)

Their timing for being so very silent and absent during the lockdown is bad timing for us, but I'm more inclined than usual to be sympathetic at times like these; like, sure, they might have more time on their hands because of it but you never know what's going on with people if they don't share it.

I wonder if he's started looking out pics for Dan's birthday tweet yet? (He's gonna do it, right?? He wouldn't take that away from us too? It's all we have left??? Who am I kidding, it's 2020, I'm steeled for disappointment)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com :aceflag:

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Wed May 27, 2020 3:46 pm

madzilla84 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:38 pm
Yeah, I didn't *love* that the second the YouNow spon was up he was immediately out of here; sort of said to me that he didn't really want to do it (or at least in that format). Which is sad, but he shouldn't if he doesn't want to, because you can usually tell, and it isn't fun for anyone. Re everything else - I mean, there's only so much I can say without sounding like a broken record, but yeah, it *is* really sad how everything slowly ended and brought us to this point. (Usual disclaimer that this doesn't include Phil's YouTube content, the frequency of which is mostly unchanged, but obviously there also used to be Phil liveshows, Dan liveshows, joint liveshows, regular insta stories and posts including joint ones, regular tweets, gaming channel videos, the occasional Dan video, joint videos on AmazingPhil. And obviously it's perfectly fine if they wanted to move away from all of that and focus on other things - people change - I just wish they'd like, communicated it, that's all.)
I actually think he did enjoy younow but I think that's part of it being a job for him. When your professional status depend on being paid for doing something, agreeing to do it for free sets a bad precedent, you know? I'm guessing either there's a reason he wanted a break (moving hill RISE - we know Bryony has resumed moving, makes sense that if that's in the works for them they might be too, okay I'll stop now) or he either wanted more money/some other contract negotiation is happening.

Also going back to the break point: It has occurred to me that it may also just be that he found it stressful to do them while in quarantine. He had no new stories to tell, nothing new to promote aside from videos, and since Dan doesn't want to be a part of it and Dan's the only person he's seeing daily. Plus, in the absence of other things going on, he was being slammed with requests for Dan and Dan content. So... yeah, idk, maybe he's just waiting until he has more to say to bring them back. (Same with ig stores.)

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm

!!!

autumnhearth
rankussy

Post by autumnhearth » Wed May 27, 2020 4:23 pm

AP video coming! That’s filming flat tile!

laurenbacall
dank meme

Post by laurenbacall » Wed May 27, 2020 4:26 pm

uh oh

liola
full-time internet hobo

Post by liola » Wed May 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Phil this is TORTURE I just want to see please

(I have nothing to say about the current topic because I'd be a broken record anyway but I too would only use Younow if they paid me tbh)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

noodlebum
stress mushroom

Post by noodlebum » Wed May 27, 2020 4:39 pm

yasss hair dye and cut video incoming

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Post by rizzo » Wed May 27, 2020 4:56 pm

so like. scissors..... can he uh... can he use those on himself? or would he need help? say, like.... from the person he's quarantining with?

Amiaw
angel bean

Post by Amiaw » Wed May 27, 2020 5:04 pm

I know it comes from a good place but it’s kind of disheartening to see Phil tease his dye job and hair cut and have everyone want Dan in the video. Joint content was great but Phil is capable of entertaining us on his own. If Dan is in the video it’s a bonus but I’m excited for a phil video because I like watching Phil and I can’t wait.

Phantasy
morning quiff

Post by Phantasy » Wed May 27, 2020 5:06 pm

rizzo wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:56 pm
so like. scissors..... can he uh... can he use those on himself? or would he need help? say, like.... from the person he's quarantining with?
*boyfriendcutsmyhair*
:please:

Becky.rigby
glabella

Post by Becky.rigby » Wed May 27, 2020 5:11 pm

That tease though 😏 I wonder when we will get the video. Are we thinking he cut it when he dyed it and uploading tonight or ?? Imagine if he isn’t even planning on uploading a video of it :’)