Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

omg so much phil face

i have MISSED IT
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

plinthofmylife wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:00 pm
liola wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:53 pm Also the way my heart fell down to my ass reading "fluffy surprise" and seeing him holding a slightly unfamiliar dog before I realized it's Duncan and Mimei's.. pain I tell you
I had a heart rate spike like I just drank a triple espresso.

Me with my new belief that they officially celebrate their anniversary during this week (which was incidentally the 2nd time dan visited phil's house...)
All of this is me minus the espresso.

Also, the bloody saps, going on a nice 10 year anniversary holiday, taking tons of pictures of each other. Going pretty places and staying in nice ass hotels. I am really glad they got to do all that last year though, seeing as it would be totally impossible this year.

I already watched this the other day but here's the insta story compellation for the mems:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Phantasy
woodland creature

Lovely lovely lovely (my heart too jumped at the fluffy surprise before tapping on the tags)
Seems like more than just priming up for a merch drop—he/they definitely have a lot of nostalgia and special feeling for this time of year in general and it radiates.
jesp
why bother

We've updated our default theme as part of our largest user-facing update yet and you can find more information here. We really hope you like it. Let us know if you find any issues!

Along with this, just to repeat myself from an earlier post, there may be some small issues with youtube videos when they're embedded into posts. The video should still work fine, but the sizing of the embed may be wonky. I'm trying to find a workable fix for this at the moment, but so far any change made just breaks the forum. Hope to have it fixed soon, and apologies for any inconvenience.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Please direct your thanks to jesp and rizzo for tag-teaming the awesome new design!

Also, the new emoticons dropped a lil' early but yes indeed - this one feels appropriate for content today. :straggy:
vernotte
smol bean

hello! sorry for highkey bursting into the conversation there but i've been lurking in this forum for ages now and thought it'd be appropriate to finally properly say hi :) nice to meet you.
on a more interesting note, i loove the amount content phil spoiled us with today! <3 just what i needed to get through this night (ha see what i just did there).
and (btw) i'm not entirely sure how many of you are active on the twitter side on the fandom, but there are new dip and pip moving theories [Mod Edit: Potential Personal Information Removed] :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears:
Last edited by rizzo on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal information removed
because everyone else is boring and you're different
vernotte
smol bean

[Mod Edit: Personal Information Removed]
Last edited by rizzo on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal information removed
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Mod Post:

Just a gentle mod note to remind users that while we acknowledge there are a lot of theories going around with varying degrees of "proof" to back them up, we like to err on the side of caution when protecting Dan and Phil's privacy. Please refrain from posting specific information that may help people identify where Dan and Phil live (this would include directing people as to where they can find Dan and Phil's address off-site), even if you have reason to believe that they may not live there anymore.

We are totally fine with people posting moving theories, and once there is confirmation that they're no longer in a specific location that's also fine to talk about! We just want to make sure that we aren't posting anything identifying while in a gray area where it hasn't been made official that they've actually moved. Maybe we're being a little overly cautious - but we think it's worth it.

Please do continue discussing theories in a non-location-specific way though!
vernotte
smol bean

:rainbowtears: at least we still have the boxes in phil's insta story
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Am I wrong in not seeing boxes? I see a metal bin up against a fridge? But that’s it. I’m of the opinion the story wasn’t actually taken yesterday. Obviously I’m on moving hill. Finally after 3 years I’m joining everyone but I still see no boxes. Anyway can’t wait to see some Christmas tree pics this year :D

moving theory: when they do move one day how are they going to tell us? I’m not expecting “We’re moving out 2.0” are they going to make a subtle video together? Will Phil just drop it in a video about making Christmas drinks? The videos 8.43 mins long and 3 seconds is dedicated to “I moved by the way” then nothing more. IG stories like they did with Norman? Or will we find out in 2 years when they suddenly have a dog. I’m banking on 3 second mention in a random video.
vernotte
smol bean

maybe he'll bring back younow streams and make it as strangely casual as he made the japan trip. "we moved out, by the way" lmao. exactly :lol:
shan
morning quiff

inanerat wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:55 am
plinthofmylife wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:00 pm
liola wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:53 pm Also the way my heart fell down to my ass reading "fluffy surprise" and seeing him holding a slightly unfamiliar dog before I realized it's Duncan and Mimei's.. pain I tell you
I had a heart rate spike like I just drank a triple espresso.

Me with my new belief that they officially celebrate their anniversary during this week (which was incidentally the 2nd time dan visited phil's house...)
All of this is me minus the espresso.

Also, the bloody saps, going on a nice 10 year anniversary holiday, taking tons of pictures of each other. Going pretty places and staying in nice ass hotels. I am really glad they got to do all that last year though, seeing as it would be totally impossible this year.

I already watched this the other day but here's the insta story compellation for the mems:
Love this! I'm super sentimental about Japhan 2.0 because I was actually in Japan at the same time as them. I was sitting in my hotel room with jetlag at 4am I think watching Phil's liveshow when he announced they were coming and nearly had a heart attack. I'll forever regret not going into the bigger Sega in Akihabara when I was there on the same day and roughly same time going by their insta posts. Though idk what I'd even have done if I actually saw them :lol:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

That Phil pic with the cruise ship in the background was taken at Disney, so we finally have a picture from that day (it’s easily recognizable if you google Disneysea cruise ship). Although I find really suspicious that’s the only pic we got because it’s such an incredible place, I cannot believe they chose that day to stay silent and not give us content. Unless there’s a reason for it. Who knows. Not me for sure. Just saying, though.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
vernotte
smol bean

ngl i'm more than okay with dnp not sharing many details about their japan anniversary, they finally got a holiday that was only their, not their and their fans. ya get me? :rainbowtears:
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

vernotte wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm ngl i'm more than okay with dnp not sharing many details about their japan anniversary, they finally got a holiday that was only their, not their and their fans. ya get me? :rainbowtears:
I guess I feel kinda the opposite, like they gave us a weirdly large amount of content during that trip? I rewatched all the IG content and it's A Lot, and in a time period post-DAPG, when they weren't really promoting any projects or products, when it wasn't the norm for us to be getting that kind of thing, and it was established as a personal trip but we got content about it nearly every day. It was overwhelming in a great way. Especially notable for the time that it included lots of Dan photos/video and even a joint selfie. I think it really makes Disney stand out because that's basically the only thing we know that they did but that they didn't share anything about at the time. It was just striking to me that we were getting kind of a tour-level onslaught of content during that trip, even though it was a trip for them and thus one would think not for us.

(Comparing it to other trips, I think there are many we got less content from, but the most dramatic contrast would probably be with the double-date Mediterranean trip with wirrony? That seemed like a This Is Our Trip And We're Not Giving You Info situation.)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Yeah, I remember we were all like “we’re probably not gonna get a lot of content this time around” when Phil announced the trip. And then they bombarded us with content every single day.. apart from when they went to Disney. And I want to know why. Are they saving up Disney selfies so they can release them as signed Christmas cards? Can we start #disneygate?
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Templeofshame wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:50 pm
vernotte wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm ngl i'm more than okay with dnp not sharing many details about their japan anniversary, they finally got a holiday that was only their, not their and their fans. ya get me? :rainbowtears:
I guess I feel kinda the opposite, like they gave us a weirdly large amount of content during that trip? I rewatched all the IG content and it's A Lot, and in a time period post-DAPG, when they weren't really promoting any projects or products, when it wasn't the norm for us to be getting that kind of thing, and it was established as a personal trip but we got content about it nearly every day. It was overwhelming in a great way. Especially notable for the time that it included lots of Dan photos/video and even a joint selfie. I think it really makes Disney stand out because that's basically the only thing we know that they did but that they didn't share anything about at the time. It was just striking to me that we were getting kind of a tour-level onslaught of content during that trip, even though it was a trip for them and thus one would think not for us.

(Comparing it to other trips, I think there are many we got less content from, but the most dramatic contrast would probably be with the double-date Mediterranean trip with wirrony? That seemed like a This Is Our Trip And We're Not Giving You Info situation.)
I wonder how much those calls were all Dan's to make? The general tone of post-coming-out I get is that Dan's fear of being outed, his own internal journey, his situation with his family and not being out to them dictated a lot of how open they were. I think even now the fact that Phil is taking a hands off approach to talking about the relationship where as Dan is the one acknowledging it makes me think that Dan puts a lot into needing to control that narrative and that Phil is comfortable just... letting Dan.

So if Dan's comfort level weren't a deciding factor, would Phil share more or less? (And I don't mean deep life things - I think we know he keeps those private. I'm more talking, joint selfies and cute anecdotes.)
liola
rankussy

But why did he share the pictures? Like that's what I don't understand, I do get that they love Japan but they've been there already, it feels like something they want to commemorate ghmmmmmhh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I wonder about that a lot, actually, whether they’d share more if they weren’t famous, or if they’re just like that in general? I have quite a few friends who never share anything about their relationships on social media, because they’re just private like that, no matter how many followers they may or may not have. Are dnp just constitutionally like that, or is it because of the level of scrutiny and fame they have? (I know it’s actually both, but I’m wondering if the private-ness would be at the same level if they’d never been famous.)

I wonder if they ever look at other couples, especially LGBT ones, sharing cute pics or dropping mentions of their partners, and wish they could do the same (if they’d never been famous), or if they’re just happier not doing so whatever their level of fame?

(I know until recently they had the fact they they weren’t out, especially Dan, to contend with, but nothing has changed in that regard since they did come out, in fact they’ve gotten even *more* private)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AmazingPhil wrote:Hello Cactus Kingdom! Sending multiple vibes your way. -~-~

If you didn’t see my last two videos over the spooky season, we were left with two key morals:

1. Don’t put pumpkin spice on a pizza
2. Don’t buy a mysterious face masks on Wish

They were both fun to film so go give them a watch if you haven’t already! What I didn’t mention in the Wish video is that the fursuit wolf head thing shed its fur ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE. I’m still finding wolf hair on my clothes, I think there would be less of it if I had invested in an actual wolf.

Since the clocks went back and now it is actual night-time at 4PM (who invented this?!) I realised I hadn’t been seeing much sunlight.. at all. As you know, I’m quite a nocturnal beast at the best of times. From today I decided to use my legally allowed exercise (#lockdown2) to go for a mini walk each day and it’s actually been a nice boost energy wise and I feel less like an actual vampire (though I still look like one). Also I got to see someone walking 3 corgis (3!!!) so it was basically Christmas.

In video news.. I’m filming a shiny new one over the weekend, so warm up your eyeballs in preparation for that! (I just typed that and almost deleted it but sorry it is staying)

Anyway enough from me, I’m going to make a hot choc and watch some Jojo! We’re on to Stardust Crusaders now and I’m a lot more into it. I also saw Attack on Titan comes back for the final season in December so that’s something to live for!

- PHLEEP
AmazingPhil

(Thank you, Phleep. I both needed and appreciate each one of those multiple vibes. )
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I appreciate that Phil just slides a casual "we" in there and moves on...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil out here being pretty on instagram and also filming ads in front of his video filming set? I see, I see.

I do like that Dan the cameraman was probably tagging along though. They're cute.
vernotte
smol bean

warming my eyeballs up rn. thanks phil
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Filming this weekend so new video next week? I look forward to it. Will be interesting to see what the background will be with many people on moving hill.

Am I kind of salty with Phil for being randomly active on instagram yesterday only to follow it up with spon activity. Maybe.... Whatever. Use those algorithms, get your coin. If it turns out they have been moving I will feel better about it.

Also thank you mods for all the work you put in! Things are looking sleek! <3
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil’s been active and I do wish he’d be more present but he’s never taken a long break or completely disappeared so if he goes quiet for awhile it’s usually because he has something going on.

If he is going to be more active though I’m putting it out there that I’m ready for liveshows to come back so if Phil could hurry and start streaming on Twitch I’d appreciate it