Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Vote for next thread name here!

:snowflake: :foreverhome: :snowflake2: :snowflake2: :foreverhome: :snowflake:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm an emotional WRECK. Oh my god I've missed seeing them so much. Sitting next to each other. Talking to each other. Smiling at each other. Laughing at each other. Roasting each other. It feels like a nice warm bubble bath after a day of misery.

<3 :happytears: <3 :happytears: <3 :happytears: <3
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

The Stereo was great but the video was even better. It was sooo nice to see them, just sitting around being silly and having fun together. I've missed that.
waitingfan
tol bean

Not to be repetitive but I just really wanted to say...they managed their relationship well in a pandemic for a whole year, which means whatever their relationship used to be they had to be monogamous for 2020 (and for an unknown time in the future depending on when this virus decides to let us all go). Phil was so paranoid about the virus; he didn't see his family for a year; what's the chance of them keeping a poly relationship in 2020? And it clearly didn't affect their relationship for a bit. So I don't think Dan's thirst/horniness last year suggests anything about his actual sex life at all.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I missed them so much. I have been critical of them especially this year but I really missed them. I missed this. I am gonna bask in the serotonin they gave me for the foreseeable future.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Bringing my question back since it got buried in the last page:
Do we get notified when the afterparty starts on the app? I might try to listen hopefully it doesn't break on me
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Secretstanner
truth bomb

yellowsubmarine wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:46 pm Bringing my question back since it got buried in the last page:
Do we get notified when the afterparty starts on the app? I might try to listen hopefully it doesn't break on me
As long as you have clicked that on phils profile you should. Although I didn’t get a single one last liveshow so what I normally do it click phils profile when it gets to the time. It will say if he’s live already or not
casualsun
delia smith

An afterparty??? I cannot handle this much content at once.

Also that video makes me so happy. Seeing them interact after so long. Also a bit concerned it will end up on the trending page, but what can you do.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I will do timestamps later but damn. My heart is full. Low serotonin wHO??

Phil has done well with the cheeky clickbait titles for all of the Stereo shows but this one, especially with the thumbnail being Dan looking at him like That. This man knows what he's fucking doing. Honestly more casual yt fans who don't know what's coming must have been going through it with these titles.

I'm impressed with y'all that managed to find the exact sweater just from the description and were right? That's another level. Also didn't Phil threaten to get rid of that purple and black one on a younow last year?? and chat convinced him not to? Thank god 'cause it looks good.

I'll talk about it when I get to timestamps but the few added pictures that we haven't seen before?? Phil under their new stairs?? Dan being a goofball on the balcony? Blonde filter Dan?? many thoughts, head full.

Let's hope this stereo starts smoothly and doesn't take a half hour delay like the last one lol.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
starsandshards
living flop

shout out to dizzy!!
alien
procrastinator

all i've gotten from this stereo afterparty so far is that phil doesn't need a dildo lmao

no but seriously it's so refreshing to hear them together again and just being as silly and happy as ever and even more
ririair
tol bean

the stereo afterparty was hilarious! the original ep was way more serious and gave answers we needed but this one was PINOF-level ridiculousness for sure - loved it

although there were quite a few awkward pauses and interruptions this time more than the last probably because they’re not next to each other anymore LOL
AltMay
glabella

Excuse me I'm just... I'm gonna... :rainbowtears:

I missed dnpBants so much.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

That was a delightful random bant I really am just like happy to listen to them talk about any old shit.

It was so lovely to see dizzy pop up! With a fun thing as well!

also Phil's 'stop it' after Dan making some joke about not liking guys with a dump truck in the back I'm cacklingggg I'm going to need to listen to that back
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Listen

LISTEN!!!

Can DnP please get their heads straight (heh) and do a damn podcast? This was so entertaining!!

I hope they at least consider it! After the move and Dan's projects.. like, please! This was sooo entertaining i didn't want it to end 😭
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
pearshaped34
morning quiff

onceinaugust wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:53 pm I don't know why it just hit me that them having bought the house in 2017 means that they've been paying 2 rents and probably a mortgage for THREE YEARS? I'm almost surprised we didn't get more spons from Phil during that period.
With most new builds you aren't expected to pay while they are building it. They'll have paid a fee to reserve their plot, and probably paid the deposit but the actual mortgage wouldn't come into play until the developers had built the house, and it was ready to move in.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm working on the stereo upload now - it should be up in about two hours!
skittles wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:23 pm shout out to dizzy!!
I went so wholesome only for the other person to say DILDO lmfao.
tinnie
delia smith

They need a podcast. I miss the times when they were doing liveshows somewhat regularly. I didn't appreciate it enough.

I tried listening to this live but once again the app keeps stopping the live for me at least once a minute and then takes several second to start again so I kept missing stuff and gave up. I'll just wait for someone to upload it.
Scout
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

This was the first stereo I listened to live, and I was shocked at how well it worked for me after hearing everyone else’s problems. With some improvements, it’s actually an app I would love to see more people use because I really like the concept.
:lesbianflag:
Levitating
#relatable

supports the idea to me that Phil is ignorant about polyamory and is probably not polyamorous.
It does seem so! And @Templeofshame or @anyone who feels tired to explaining things: please, do not consider my questions as something you must reply to! If nobody wants to give me examples, that's totally fine :cry: It's the beauty of forums. Nobody has to reply :ribena:

In someone else is so kind as to share their knowledge/expertise on DnP, please feel free to link anything and I'm happy to continue this chat!

As for the recent upload, omg :loveeyes:
Phil seemed a bit tired, maybe? Or was it just noticeable due to Dan being, on the other side, quite energetic?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Scout wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:50 pm This was the first stereo I listened to live, and I was shocked at how well it worked for me after hearing everyone else’s problems. With some improvements, it’s actually an app I would love to see more people use because I really like the concept.
Yeah I've actually really enjoying jumping on and listening/sending messages to people doing shows. There are a lot of queer shows and chats that have been fascinating. Also props for their ability to increase capacity on the go - the first show was bad but all the rest worked pretty well. The Dan show was clearly too much but they got that sorted within like half an hour and it went fine after that. In a head to head comparison for functionality, Stereo wins over Rize. Also, I appreciate that it's 18+.
shan
morning quiff

Levitating wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:25 pm
Although, yeah, all Dan's "thirst for men" still does not sound the most respectful thing to do. It could be a sign of a strong relationship, but why is Phil not doing the same kind of jokes? Or is he? We do not truly know if he's okay with it, as a 'boyfriend'. He does not express his opinion.
Back on this for a quick second, I don't think it's disrespectful at all to make these kinds of comments when your partner is aware of it and ok with it. Part of Dan's online persona has always been 'thirsty', even as far back as the formspring days before they had met in person. Also, saying Phil should be making the same type of jokes is not taking into account differences in personality. They are not the same person and Phil's humour has always been at most suggestive. He shouldn't have to make thirst jokes to even the score and it could actually be a sign of a really unhealthy relationship if he suddenly went 360 with his personality and did.

Other people have made a lot of excellent points already but I'll also throw in that it's important to remember that Dan's youtube channel is a comedy one. A lot of what he says is jokes to cushion more serious content and make it entertaining rather than heavy. Not everything he says should be treated like gospel.

:curlsandquiff: Stereo time :curlsandquiff:

The video was everything I needed! The sofa cushion arm move, the behind-the-scenes house construction pic, blonde Dan... Best thing to wake up to. I'll need to go back and listen to the afterparty though, damn Phil for not giving me warning to set an alarm! I'm actually feeling - dare I say - hopeful for the future of DnP content?!
dontpanic
#relatable

It might just be my comp-het flaring up, but wow Dan's looking good. Author life suits him
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat
eclipse shirt

I too have been enjoying the stereo shows more and more as the app seems to have less issues and I am more used to the UI (although, there's still a lot of that that is confusing to me and doesn't work in a way that is intuitive to me but w/e I can learn smh) and I'm curious if anyone knows how the audio messages work? Like how are they organized on the screen to be selected, and how do the messages queue? idk if anyone knows but I would love to be filled in if you do!!

Also I have been on the fence but I am ready to get on team podcast tbh. The one thing that makes me think they wouldn't do it is the amount of work it would be to deal with not being handleable with their other stuff. However, even like a monthly hour of podcast-y deppy bant?? I would be over the moon.
In terms of format, some other people that I watch record their podcast on twitch with video of them just sitting and chatting, a lot like Phil has done with these stereos and then upload the video later (with minimal editing, just like tech issues and stuff cut out) so people can watch/listen on yt or they also upload it to like spotify, itunes, etc. I think that could work really well for them, and maybe it's just because I enjoy it but while they definitely could just bant on their own for an hour it's nice to have some sort or interactivity bit like you can have with a stream chat (or the stereo messages, although I prefer a text chat) so suggest fun topics or provide the occasional funny comment.

It would probably be a complete ballache to set up but I would hope that once they got it rolling (and maybe in the new place, where they could leave bits set up and stuff) it could be something that is fairly enjoyable and chill for them to do and not a massive amount of long term work. idk, a rat can dream.