Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
starsandshards
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

I enjoyed that in a weird way that made my face hurt sometimes with cringe!
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

FYI Cornelia has an insta story right now saying "Thought I'd answer your questions about our family trip in the comments under my Granny Flat post between 19:30 and 20:00 GMT tonight. Only polite questions plz."

Thought I'd share in case anyone is interested, and I trust you guys to not be rude or invasive!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Nice to see him get a little more creative with these!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay I've been out of town/AWOL for what feels like forever (three days and then I worked the election yesterday as a poll worker) so here's my catch up thoughts:

- Phil's Halloween video didn't super impress me but it's Phil and his face and I appreciate that he tried so hard to give us Halloween content even though he doesn't seem like he's in a place (either physically or mentally/emotionally) where making content for us is his top priority. We got fun pumpkin carving from Google and we got Phil scary stories and we got a main channel video so I'm not gonna really complain except to say that I just miss the Dan spark that we always associated with Halloween content.

- Phil and Harold! That video was hilarious to me, I loved it so much more than the first one. Though I did make the mistake of checking out Harold afterward and he's basically an older version of Adrian so I don't think pharold would work long term. Phil would get a whiff of his first raw vegan low sugar breakfast and nope out hard, running back into Dan's arms and also to his sugary cereal.

- Phil's squid game short was good but further convinces me that he's in the right place sticking to youtube. I don't think the general public would react to his tiktoks well. I hope we get more original funnies like that from him though. I will take them all and sit upon my hoard of bite sized Phil content like Smaug with his gold.

- The Isle of Man trip - Cornelia's answers weren't super revealing except that she referred to where they stayed as the Granny flat and indicated that it was Martyn with the childhood memories of there. My theory: Phil's grandfather died in January of 2020 and it's not like the past two years have probably been a great seller's market for an island that wasn't allowing people in or out for most of that. I think that M&C stayed there with Freja. (And maybe Dan and Phil? Or maybe not, maybe Phil required staying with his mum bc he's Still The Baby, No Matter What.)

- Dan. Still exists? We assume. Who knows. Not us!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So Jessica Kellgren-Fozard posted this on her community page on youtube:
Jessica" wrote:I have some VERY exciting news, I'm part of @YouTube's new #WhereCreativityGrows campaign! This amazing portrait of me, taken by talented photographer Ewen Spencer, will be featured across various media outlets over the next couple of months - tag me if you spot one! As of Monday, you can find me on billboards around my home city, Brighton (UK). The photos will also be featured in these publications; @The Telegraph @The Guardian @metrotvnews @Evening Standard and the January issue of @British Vogue (available in December!) Keep your eyes peeled for these, I'll let you know more info when I can! 🙌
Dooooooooooo..... we think this is Phil's November project??? If so, lucky people in Manchester omg, seeing Phil on billboards all over town.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I watched the business part of the new video this time cos Harold was good to listen to. The cooking was fun, though I’ve never seen falafel shallow-fried before, I have a fun memory of watching an 11-year-old deep fry them in a tiny kitchen at a local summer camp I worked at cos he had the experience, and all was fine, but I was prepared to grab him and duck or run if the oil caught fire. I have seen too many movies. Also saw him all grown up on the bus years later, bearded and all, he smiled at me, was nice.

Anyway, Phil, yes. I’ve been loving all his stuff, actually thought the punchline to the squid game one would be different cos he always makes a mess, but obviously the actual one was also very Phil.
shan
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm So Jessica Kellgren-Fozard posted this on her community page on youtube:
Jessica" wrote:I have some VERY exciting news, I'm part of @YouTube's new #WhereCreativityGrows campaign! This amazing portrait of me, taken by talented photographer Ewen Spencer, will be featured across various media outlets over the next couple of months - tag me if you spot one! As of Monday, you can find me on billboards around my home city, Brighton (UK). The photos will also be featured in these publications; @The Telegraph @The Guardian @metrotvnews @Evening Standard and the January issue of @British Vogue (available in December!) Keep your eyes peeled for these, I'll let you know more info when I can! 🙌
Dooooooooooo..... we think this is Phil's November project??? If so, lucky people in Manchester omg, seeing Phil on billboards all over town.
Oh wow, I really think you've cracked the mystery! Secret project video upload is imminent?? I wonder if that's what his photoshoots were for as well.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I love the premise of this YT campaign. I wonder if it will be a fundraiser as well. Dan's was, and right now ASAPScience and Jack Harries and a bunch of other folks are doing different shows related to environmental issues that also has a fundraising component. YT seems to really be sinking money into original projects like this.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Jessica retweeted this and Phil isn’t on the list. I’d love for him to be involved in something like this but I’m honestly very confused now. I’m not even convinced it’s a Youtube project at this point
shan
morning quiff

Phil needs to put us out of our misery and tell us what it is, that sounded like such a perfect fit. It’s going to be a pretty huge coincidence if it’s not, given the timing of the announcement and the connect to hometowns.

Edit: could this be the first part of a bigger campaign?
Philena
blobfish

I agree that it would be a pretty big coincidence if that wasn't the project. Joe and Zoe Sugg also recorded something in their hometown over the summer with a camera crew, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved as well.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Philena wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am I agree that it would be a pretty big coincidence if that wasn't the project. Joe and Zoe Sugg also recorded something in their hometown over the summer with a camera crew, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved as well.
Joe and Zoe filmed for Who Do You Think You Are so they aren’t involved in this Youtube project. I’m not completely ruling Phil out but he wasn’t named in that tweet that came from the managing director of UK Youtube and even with his lessening fame he’s still far from unknown so Idk. It’ll be interesting to see what happens because I’m definitely curious
Philena
blobfish

Amiaw wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:54 am
Philena wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am I agree that it would be a pretty big coincidence if that wasn't the project. Joe and Zoe Sugg also recorded something in their hometown over the summer with a camera crew, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved as well.
Joe and Zoe filmed for Who Do You Think You Are so they aren’t involved in this Youtube project. I’m not completely ruling Phil out but he wasn’t named in that tweet that came from the managing director of UK Youtube and even with his lessening fame he’s still far from unknown so Idk. It’ll be interesting to see what happens because I’m definitely curious
Oh! Thanks for the correction!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:tumbleweed:

Phiwww, can we have a snack? A litle short? Rate some more noises in your house plz?

Dan... dude you dead 4 real huh it's been three whole weeks since your last tweet.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

please phil the children are starving

(it is me i am children)
liola
rankussy

Phil the cold season is starting we need sustenance your crops are dying
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

He heard you.

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
shan
morning quiff

It was good to see his face. The topic itself doesn't do anything for me as someone with zero minecraft knowledge other than what was in their gaming channel video but I love those glasses and the jumper on him so at least he was nice to look at lol
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

shan wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:17 pm It was good to see his face. The topic itself doesn't do anything for me as someone with zero minecraft knowledge other than what was in their gaming channel video but I love those glasses and the jumper on him so at least he was nice to look at lol
Definitely agree - the content doesn't do much for me but it is nice to just see him every few days. I think he looked tired in that video, so I hope he's doing okay.

I'm also looking forward to the next google peak season video. It's in the playlist as unlisted (they got wise to us getting it early last time, clearly) so I guess it won't get posted until the middle of next week.
Levitating
#relatable

I miss joint content so much!
While watching this last video I kept thinking of how Dan would have reacted at hearing those thing - his screams and 'Phiiiiiiil' :rainbowtears:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Glad to see Phil is still alive.

If that project of his is dropping this month I hope we're getting some damn signs of it soon because rn I feel like it's dropping on the 31st.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Phantasy
woodland creature

I wish there was a graph that showed Dan’s social media activity mapped against his project/merch releases...just to show how ridiculous a pattern it has become. :roll:

I’m guessing we’re due for his next generic snark/thirst/emo tweet where he’ll leverage one of his responses to say “SOON” to whatever he’s ‘working’ on.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I stumbled across this in a thread on the Animal Crossing subreddit and just thought it was really funny :rofl:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
kavat
pastel persona

New (but actually old) short:

glitterintheair
phillluminati

Did Phil change thumbnail and title of his squid game video?
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.