Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

That was a lot of fun!,I'm absolutely here for Phi expressing an opinion, and wearing a nice turtleneck while doing it. The ending was 10/10.

I'm so glad he's trying something a little bit new, I hope we see more of that this year. I just know he has some strange ideas hidden away in that big brain of his and I want to see them!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yay a surprise Phil video! And it's good!! PHIL IN HIS PROPERTY SHOW ERA :stan:

It's like he took all our cries for a house tour, said "I'm gonna do that! Except not!" and now here we are. #blessed

It could've been longer but it didn't FEEL rushed which is a huge improvement over the previous video. He really seemed to be having fun with this idea, being a rich interior design snob roasting other people's bad taste in a turtleneck. What a look that was btw, I didn't even mind those glasses.

Love what he did with the cardboard cutout and the Mega DILF Shirt, I hope it stays like that cause this background really needed something fucking weird other than that golden pig <3
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

That was fun! Thank you Philly for making me laugh out loud at 1am. I loved the ending, it felt a bit like oldschool Phil, nostalgic somehow but also hilarious :inlove:

Edit: Went back one page and saw that I'm not the only one who thought oldschool Phil at the ending <3
thank's you were great
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I wanted to join in and talk about new fandoms I’m now in which is only one really lol I accidentally found my new streamer through a Snapchat side video.

That streamer is Minecraft youtuber F1nn5ter who moonlights on twitch by dressing as a girl. It’s actually really funny he has two completely different fanbases that don’t cross over by much. His content rarely crosses over. He goes from gamer boy to stunning woman. His streams are around 4 hours and streams 1-2 times a week. The streams normally consist of viewers picking his outfits and makeup. Plus he opens alot of PO Boxes. Sometimes people send him cute stuff others it’s a bit adult… He has goals set by viewers so his longest goal has been grow his hair out which has nearly been two year (looks great) One of his last streams was reading viewers confessions while dressed as a nun. They were unhinged!!

He has a very fun bantery? Relationship with his audience it’s refreshing to watch someone who is open about their life. If people don’t like long streams he uploads highlights to F1nn5ter live they are normally 20 minutes on YouTube. His last stream highlights video was letting his audience spend $700 on ANYTHING they wanted. Boy did they not disappoint.

He’s just a good pretty boy 🥺 check his Twitter
obvsly
#relatable

Hi! Just gotta come back to idb for this!

I love his video so much! I have a feeling though that it wouldn't be a hit for his casual viewers but I haven't seen any phannie who says they didn't like it. Phil looks beautiful and relaxed in this. I love the little story about Susan and the persona he puts on (and off :lol: ) too.

One thing about the video i noticed... Sorry to link to my own tweet but it's just easier than posting the pictures elsewhere and link to them :D
I'm glad they're happy in their own house and that the house is JUST how they want it to be. :rainbowtears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It's so funny because at a glance the house seems way more Dan than Phil but this really must be what Phil's style and preferences have evolved into. He wants a splash of color - because he's still Phil - but he also really seems to like the slightly more sterile aesthetics just like Dan does.

Also amazing coincidence with something he tweeted ten years to the day yesterday!
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Home sick from work, so have some timestamps:

0:02 The Phil in the foreground is looking handsome in a black turtleneck, while the (cardboard) Phil in the background is wearing the DILF shirt
0:13 $usan's situation is explained, Phil is ready to spend their $135,000,000. As an ignorant American, I appreciate all of the conversions into US Dollars lol
1:02 Earlshall Castle. Lots of articles pop up about how this place is haunted by "Bloody Bruce," we should petition for Phil to redo his Haunted Hotel video here.
1:15 Kinky hedge. Is this a normal thing in Europe?? I have never seen anything like this garden in my life and I can't stop staring.
1:48 I love Phil's "No, no, absolutely not"
2:00 Phil's got a point about about the desk space. Is that just a bowl of pipes? This entire video is just me wondering whether my confusion is because I am not rich or because I am not from the UK.
2:15 Castle gets a B, onto Beetham Tower in Manchester.
2:20 I have no reason to believe that Phil has been to said architect's flat, but to me he says this fact like he's seen it with his own eyes
2:52 Phil says "that entrance is a choice" despite himself having the most unique entrance I've ever seen. Speaking of which, I still can't quite wrap my mind around how their entrance works. The last photo of Dan's instagram post shows what looks like a hallway, and a door (with no visible doorknob??) Is it like a separate little room at the front of the house or just an open area as you walk in?
3:00 Phil has strong opinions about couch and TV placement
3:15 The chandelier that screams Dan and the "you can't sit with us table"
3:26 Philly who on earth is looking in your window, this building looks 10x as tall as anything around it
3:37 Also never been on a cruise ship, but yes this has boat vibes
4:00 Phil insists that he doesn't like to dance, then decides to convert the "dancing space" into a dance dance revolution space.
4:09 Beetham Tower gets a C, onto Glen Usk. Phil loves all of the green space.
4:45 Phil would not (and should not) trust himself with Ribena in the cream-on-cream room
5:15 Phil does not trust the bizarre cave basement, until he sees the air hockey table. For some reason this makes him instantly trust it.
5:35 Glen Usk gets a B for location, "my D" for decor. On to London!
5:45 "Is it me, or are those windows a bit off kilter? I think it might be me." I loved this haha
6:25 I genuinely don't know what Phil dislikes so much about this picture lol. It's...a staircase?
6:35 The Sandra Bullock Appreciation Experience
7:05 Phil gives up on this house and looks for one that more closely resembles his own lol
7:25 If you like the London Eye, this is indeed the house for you
7:57 Northern Ireland's American Horror Story lookalike house
8:08 Phil reiterates his love for bright kitchens
8:15 Phil and I are both confused by people who have sofas in their room. Do you actually use it? What is it for?
8:35 What's the cheapest house in London? A houseboat!
8:58 Susan only has a few minutes to spend $100,000,000+, and Phil takes 9 minutes to decide that she should buy a $40,000 boat. Remind me not to call Phil if I am ever in Susan's position.
9:04 This still makes me laugh. 10/10 Phil, always love your humor.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I got a chance to settle down with the video, and the old-school Phil ending made me misty eyed. Lots of fun other Philisms, like "windows made of glass". Definitely my fovorite video of his in a long long time--and I hope he does more like this (soon)! :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Members post!
AmazingPhil wrote:Uh oh it's another notification from Phil!
Quick what's the nearest item to your left?
that is now your weapon in the zombie apocalypse, how do you get on?

Anyway HI! I have a friend visiting London this week so trying to be tourist guide Phil which has involved going.. outside. It's nice to have an excuse to do touristy stuff in your own city.

We went to the Tower of London and also had a quick look at the Queen's house (get well soon m'aam) (side note - that walk from Big Ben to the Queen via the park is quite nice if you're visiting.) A random man outside asked me how many bricks Buckingham Palace took to build?? Do I look like some kind of Royal knowledge boffin guide? What? I confidently said 'half a million bricks' and walked away so hopefully he doesn't use that on a TV quiz show and lose.

We also went on a sightseeing boat and one of my contact lenses immediately ejected from my eye so I got a half blurry view of everything from the Thames which was a unique perspective I guess.

Speaking of boats, did you see my new video? I had a poke around some crazy expensive houses across the UK to find one for my pal Susan who had just won the lotto.. or stole from the Mafia? I'm not sure how or why, but I helped her find some lovely accommodation and I hope she's happy sailing around the Thames right now.

I'm obsessed with just snooping around people's homes on Rightmove so it was a fun video to make! I think it's nice to just have a casual hangout and react to some funteresting stuff so I think I'll do a bit more of that going forward. Maybe I'll whack on my turtleneck again? Who knows!

Anyway I'm going to go finish some shorts trying out some snacks from The Netherlands! I might do something wild and post all 3 tonight so keep an eye on my side channel for a tasty Dutch trilogy.

over and snout
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Ha ha, the nearest thing to my left is a ball of very nice soft yarn.

Nice post from Phil! (Why can't he do one of those every week.)

I can't wait for the responses of Catallena and her compatriots to the upcoming shorts.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
kavat
pastel persona

The nearest item to my left is a blanket, so im pretty dead i think.

Do we have a guess on the friend? If they went to Big ben, the palace etc it sounds like someone who hasn't been to London before, so maybe someone from outside the UK? Is it a dutch person?? Many questions.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

My cat is the nearest “item” to my left. He can get pretty vicious! So glad Phil will do more reacting and wear the turtleneck again. I love him in glasses, so I don’t mind if he doesn’t replace his contacts anytime soon.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
shan
morning quiff

Mine was a half full glass of water so, unless water melts zombies like the wicked witch of the west, I'm pretty much done for.

I've really enjoyed his last few shorts! I think taste tests work much better as a short/series of shorts than a full length video. Since he said you can't get those things in the UK, it does sound like the friend might be from the Netherlands? Unless they took a sneaky trip they've not said anything about!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Just dumping the sight seeing Instastories we got today here :sparkle:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lefthandedism wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:28 pmI can't wait for the responses of Catallena and her compatriots to the upcoming shorts.
I'M HERE AND IN FEAR.

- +1 point to Phil for saying The Netherlands rather than Holland like they did on the II poster, even if it was technically correct since they went to Amsterdam.
- Fernandes is actually from Suriname, we Dutch have no claim on that. Because of colonialism there's still a large Surinamese community here, so food from Suriname is very popular. I always recommend tourists to go get some Surinamese food when they're in NL because it's SO good and easily accessible. Also, we call all sweet drinks 'limonade' so it has nothing to do with lemons lol. It's just cherry soda.
- Smoeltjes means something like 'Little Faces' (but in a cute way) which is why they look like that. They're originally a speculaas (spiced cookies similar to gingerbread cookies) school snack, although I'm not sure schools even allow such sugary things anymore? In my day you were really THAT bitch if you had these, but also your friends would be leeches and try to get you to give them one.
- Croky Bolognese flavour are S tier and do not just taste like onion. They're like a nice balance of tomato and onion.
- The 'crunchies' in Knetter Chocolade are actually Pop Rocks and I'm not sure how Phil didn't pick up on that.
- Peijnenburg is a brand of Ontbijtkoek, literally translated 'breakfast cake'. It's a spiced cake, usually served at breakfast but also popular as a snack (which is why they make the individually wrapped ones, usually you'd buy a whole cake and slice it yourself). Putting butter on it is very common, never heard of anyone toasting it. The white stuff is obviously rock sugar, dunno what Phil was being weird about. There are variants without it though.
- I don't think Red Band candy sticks to your teeth more than other candy does?? Boring choice btw, he should've tried the liquorice and fruit duos.
- Droste chocolade pastilles are classics... in the way that I associate them with my grandparents who always had these on hand for when they had company. They're kinda wannabe luxury chocolates to me, but they're not bad. Phil would've enjoyed the milk ones a lot more, and these's some other flavours these days as well like Caramel & Sea Salt.

No liquorice, which as much as I enjoy watching tourists vomit from the taste of dubbelzoute drop is probably for the best.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
starsandshards
living flop

Catallena wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:19 am
lefthandedism wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:28 pmI can't wait for the responses of Catallena and her compatriots to the upcoming shorts.
I'M HERE AND IN FEAR.

- +1 point to Phil for saying The Netherlands rather than Holland like they did on the II poster, even if it was technically correct since they went to Amsterdam.
- Fernandes is actually from Suriname, we Dutch have no claim on that. Because of colonialism there's still a large Surinamese community here, so food from Suriname is very popular. I always recommend tourists to go get some Surinamese food when they're in NL because it's SO good and easily accessible. Also, we call all sweet drinks 'limonade' so it has nothing to do with lemons lol. It's just cherry soda.
- Smoeltjes means something like 'Little Faces' (but in a cute way) which is why they look like that. They're originally a speculaas (spiced cookies similar to gingerbread cookies) school snack, although I'm not sure schools even allow such sugary things anymore? In my day you were really THAT bitch if you had these, but also your friends would be leeches and try to get you to give them one.
- Croky Bolognese flavour are S tier and do not just taste like onion. They're like a nice balance of tomato and onion.
- The 'crunchies' in Knetter Chocolade are actually Pop Rocks and I'm not sure how Phil didn't pick up on that.
- Peijnenburg is a brand of Ontbijtkoek, literally translated 'breakfast cake'. It's a spiced cake, usually served at breakfast but also popular as a snack (which is why they make the individually wrapped ones, usually you'd buy a whole cake and slice it yourself). Putting butter on it is very common, never heard of anyone toasting it. The white stuff is obviously rock sugar, dunno what Phil was being weird about. There are variants without it though.
- I don't think Red Band candy sticks to your teeth more than other candy does?? Boring choice btw, he should've tried the liquorice and fruit duos.
- Droste chocolade pastilles are classics... in the way that I associate them with my grandparents who always had these on hand for when they had company. They're kinda wannabe luxury chocolates to me, but they're not bad. Phil would've enjoyed the milk ones a lot more, and these's some other flavours these days as well like Caramel & Sea Salt.

No liquorice, which as much as I enjoy watching tourists vomit from the taste of dubbelzoute drop is probably for the best.
Loved every bit of this! Dutch snacks are similar to German snacks. And my mum is obsessed with salty liquorice, I brought her so much back from Sweden when I visited. She would adore dubbelzoute drop I reckon!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

glitterintheair
phillluminati

Be careful with the carrd he shared because I saw many people saying that there are links in it that spread misinformation and donate to neo-nazis organizations. I don’t know if it’s true or not but it’s better to trust actual verified resources instead of some random carrds that can be easily modified.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
interruptfireworks
delia smith

i don't get how he's now been made aware that the carrd contains a link to a harmful neo-nazi organisation yet hasn't deleted the tweet (edit: he did end up deleting the tweet an hour later :| ) and instead tweeted a better source or just retweeted good information.....? that would make sense. it's annoying me, to be honest.
shan
morning quiff

I felt the same since he left it up for an hour after replying to tweets informing him of the problems with the link and it seemed like he was going to leave it but I just went back to check and he’s now deleted the tweet.
obvsly
#relatable

My guess would be that to instantly delete the tweet without triple checking it himself would have been making the same mistake twice. He's deleted it now.
shan
morning quiff

I noticed he also deleted the retweet too, were there issues with that as well or is he maybe paranoid about sharing the wrong information now? It’s a tricky situation, it’s great to want to show support but it’s also so easy to spread misinformation. On Twitter especially it’s hard to know which sources are trustworthy without already being knowledgeable on a topic.

ETA: I’m 99% sure Phil retweeted something too and it looks like he’s since deleted that as well.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

obvsly wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:21 pm My guess would be that to instantly delete the tweet without triple checking it himself would have been making the same mistake twice. He's deleted it now.
Yeah there’s a lot of conflicting information. One of my Ukrainian mutuals is actually upset and insists all the listed organizations are good but then you read other things showing they’re not so best to not take any chances.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

From what I understand after looking into it, the carrd linked to one organization (among many others) that raised money for army groups. One of the groups that charity had given money to (I could not figure out if this was recent or not) was a neo-nazi group.

Definitely worth Dan taking down and sharing something with better associations, but the response I saw to him on twitter really left me feeling cold. That combined with the response Cornelia got earlier for expressing how she was feeling - damn, some people just really like to take any opportunity to feel morally superior or make someone else feel like they're a horrible person for breathing on social media.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I don’t condemn Dan or Cornelia for saying something but especially Dan has a big following and idk, I just think that you should verify things before you post them on your big platform. I guess I am surprised because c’mon, a carrd? Really? He really could’ve not found a more reliable source? That’s a newbie’s mistake and it took him an entire hour to delete the tweet even though people immediately informed him of the potential danger of it. I am not crucifying him, but let’s admit he fucked up. He’s not the first, he won’t be the last. I fuck up too, thank god basically no one sees it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.