Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

literally_formless wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:13 am I was so happy to see Dan's upload this afternoon. Funnily enough, as a person who is rarely doing something that can't be paused for half an hour, his Q&A and this one have both been uploaded when I'm out doing family stuff and it would be so weird to go hide in a corner and grin at my phone.

22:50 I guess his hot boy summer still hasn't had a chance to begin, poor Dan. And his note in the description," (as for the start - let's just say i've been having a rough time)," do we think that means he's been sick too?
Not to shade the sweaty bloodshot look because I live in the US south and that's just my life like eight months out of the year, but based on his appearance in that intro bit I'd definitely say he's been sick too!
kavat
pastel persona

That was a lot of fun! I enjoyed the little intro in the beginning, at first I thought he was going for for the rockstar look with the sunglasses indoors but no, he has definitely been sick. Now please pan a little to the left so we get to see Phil's side of the closet too.

The set was exactly what I expected from him; funny, thoughtful, gay, self deprecated, almost uncomfortably sexual. But man, you can really see how he thrives on stage and that direct audience reaction, he really beams. It was fun to see a couple of familiar faces in the crowd too!

Can't wait to see the other bits as well. Maybe he chooses on of them that he deems to be DINOF standard and the rest to go on DINI.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan posted his covid positive test so confirmed, they're sickies together!
shan
morning quiff

Assuming they caught covid from the show, I wonder if this will change how meet and greets will be held for the tour? I didn’t want to be a downer at the time but seeing all the maskless fan photos with Dan, I couldn’t help but think it was going to take a miracle for him to get through the tour without having to cancel/reschedule blocks of shows with covid. I know no one really wants a meet and greet photo with masks on, but without them the risk is so high, especially given how many people he’s going to be meeting every night.
cocolero
squish

For everyone’s safety, just a reminder that wearing gloves while holding the side of Dans mouth open is a good idea.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Sounds like they got it from a friend? If Dan's insta story is to be believed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LAshleigh wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:06 pm Sounds like they got it from a friend? If Dan's insta story is to be believed
The entire room turns to stare at Anthony.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Stories from yesterday:
Twitter is having issues after being down for a while so the last one might not work rn but hopefully will later?

Anthony does seem like a very likely suspect. I'm glad that Dan seems to be feeling well enough to film that Story, or at least he looks better than in that video intro a couple of days ago.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

Not that it doesn't seem fun to blame Anthony, but he's been posting all week about a big liveshow he's doing tomorrow and I doubt he would've already had time to be sick and recover and prepare with his crew all week.

It's so like them that Phil is just quietly sick and Dan is on Instagram calling people out. :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil posted! It's exactly what I was expected by which I mean not amazing but I love his face. I can't wait to see what we get next, even though I know it'll be at least two weeks off.

He seems pretty healthy in this so I'm feeling like he filmed it pre-covid and maybe it just sat unedited for a bit.

shan
morning quiff

My expectations for this video were even lower than the first one, so I actually quite liked it :lol: It’s not going to be a video I rewatch or anything but it was fun enough for a one-off watch. It could also be that, with the long gaps between videos and how silent Phil has become during them, any chance to see his face and watch him react to stuff feels like some kind of blessing.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Bryony posted an instagram story where the sunglasses reflection shows what I'm pretty sure is Phil shirtless on a sun lounger so like.... pool hang??
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Dan posted another snippet of the Soho thing!!!
Regular content from danisnotinteresting... what year is it???

Also i peeped Philly in the audience having a jolly good timee
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

This was honestly really funny, I'm impressed.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

Honestly I was low-key scared to watch that, because second hand embarrassment is always strong with me and I wasn't sure what to expect of Dan standup comedy, but I'm so pleasantly surprised! This made me laugh and the whole vibe seemed so fun and chill (and the audience genuinely having a good time) that I think I'd have enjoyed seeing this show. Also thank god, an explanation for the gin tweet lmao :tu:

Edit: Can't believe he's doing audience participation though, you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain, etc. (although to be fair, the "shout something" kind of audience participation isn't as bad)
thank's you were great
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan is being very Dan today.
also a Phil mention in reply!
And he posted an ig story in which he's outside and pretending he doesn't have AC in that posh penthouse and a pool outside.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:onfire: slightly heat exhausted instagram story fairy here to deliver some dan stories :onfire:
And damn, yeah they probably do have aircon now in that fancy house of theirs huh? I'm jealous.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
dontpanic
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:05 pm
And he posted an ig story in which he's outside and pretending he doesn't have AC in that posh penthouse and a pool outside.
to be fair, my ex's aunt lives in Hampstead near where Emma Thompson and Harry Styles own homes and even she doesn't have air conditioning (as of five years ago when we broke up lol). but at the same time surely Deppy can afford those portable window AC units so like
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan is LGBT agony aunt for Metro today! He gives advice about coming out later in life.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Daniel has a small article in the Metro today plugging his tour:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/20/dear-dan ... -17033029/

No new info of note, but always nice to see him pop up in the mainstream
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

It looks as though that's a one-time-only gig? Nice for him to be able to spread his message (it's a very good message!), but would be even more fun to see him answer other questions.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yeah, seems like they get someone else every time.

Story from a few hours ago:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I’m not sure why, but I’m really loving being let in on a tiny bit of Dan’s work life. Feels like a different vibe.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Susanisnotafish wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:45 am I’m not sure why, but I’m really loving being let in on a tiny bit of Dan’s work life. Feels like a different vibe.
I definitely agree with this, and I really hope he shares more. Even without context it's just kinda... cool to see.

In other news: the drag race UK contestant that thirsts after Dan finally got a reply! Third time was a charm.
Dan's comment is a reference to something Tia wore on the show, which I totally didn't know until someone else pointed it out.
literally_formless
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:56 pm
Susanisnotafish wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:45 am I’m not sure why, but I’m really loving being let in on a tiny bit of Dan’s work life. Feels like a different vibe.
I definitely agree with this, and I really hope he shares more. Even without context it's just kinda... cool to see.

In other news: the drag race UK contestant that thirsts after Dan finally got a reply! Third time was a charm.
Dan's comment is a reference to something Tia wore on the show, which I totally didn't know until someone else pointed it out.
Tia's about 6'5" without heels on. Now I need to see them standing next to each other. Wouldn't Dan love to feel petite?