Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
starsandshards
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

Levitating wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:35 pmI do not know, guys :( Maybe I am losing my sense of Dan-Humour but I am not the biggest fan of this so-explicitly fake persona he puts on.

And perhaps because of this I was more perceptive of how "egocentric" he was. I mean, this is not a 'talk show' but it felt wrong for him to keep treading the conversation about himself rather than on Dodie, who had genuinely something to promote and deserves all the praise - or at least the time and consideration for her music to be talked about.
I dunno, I kind of think that's the whole point of it, it's meant to be obnoxious like what people assume YouTubers to be like, something something meta something. A veiled commentary on how things are so self-centred nowadays and people only wanna talk about themselves/promote themselves. If it's even that deep, I dunno, that's just the vibe I get.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Dan's interview response about Phil is simultaneously adorable and absolutely nonsensical. Buddy, those aren't full sentences. I don't even think they're full thoughts? And yet, they're unbelievably romantic.

Go live your best tortoise life staring into the sunset, boys.
hellboyhowell
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

LAshleigh wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:37 pm Dan's interview response about Phil is simultaneously adorable and absolutely nonsensical. Buddy, those aren't full sentences. I don't even think they're full thoughts? And yet, they're unbelievably romantic.

Go live your best tortoise life staring into the sunset, boys.
my theory is he's pulling a robert pattinson in interviews that ask about phil now cuz hes running out of shit to say (not that saying nonsensical shit about being a tortoise with your Bestie is the same as fully fabricating a story about the circus but its the same energy imo)
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

I absolutely love Dodie so was very hyped to see her as a guest on DD. I do agree that for a lot of it, it was her sitting and being audience to Dan and his OTT act. I loved the song and when she had the glittery headband and sunglasses on. The Yamaha sounds were indeed major flashbacks to Y9 music, pissing about and getting threatened with detention for not taking 'hymn writing' seriously (catholic school am I right ladies) lol.

Also interested if it will just be Phil hosting xmas or the both of them. We probs won't find out or if we do it'll be Phil hosting himself. Either way, he's so grown up! I could never...

I'm eagerly awaiting the next AP vid, it seems like forever since the last one now haha!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

https://www.independent.com/2022/11/30/ ... ero/?amp=1
Sorry, is there a prettier way to link this?

The interviewer is either a very thorough researcher or a phannie. I felt like it was unprofessional for her to say Dan’s answer about Phil was “so sweet”. I get so stressed whenever interviewers ask him about Phil or his relationship status.

She did ask some questions I had debated asking for my one question in my Q & A, so that made me happy.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
zariephan
first-time poster

Full disclosure: I was gohomohowell/relatablemood on here years ago, I just forgot my login. I did want to apologise for being messy back then - I was still v young and in denial of my ASD.

So, I wanted to get some opinions on something that's been bothering me. After reading through the transcript for Dan's show, as well as watching some of his videos, I've noticed a reoccurring bit on "dick good, ew boobs/vagina". I don't have much of an opinion on genital preference, however, it does rub me the wrong way when he presents liking dick as inherently gay, which isn't inclusive of trans men. It's just disappointing when he claims to be an ally to the trans community.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan announced that Viewers Pick My Outfits will be coming this weekend at the Q&A yesterday!
Trying to not get too excited, I really hope it's the in the same style as Phil's versions but it might just be a Dystopia Daily segment.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm tentatively ready for the VPMO video but also kind of afraid it's just gonna be Dan shitting on a video Phil made that we loved and doing it all ironically. I guess I'm taking the stance that I want zero expectations going in so that maybe I'll be positively surprised when it actually isn't as bad as I'm fearing? I just love VPMO so much and I want it to have some of that fun lightness.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:20 pm I'm tentatively ready for the VPMO video but also kind of afraid it's just gonna be Dan shitting on a video Phil made that we loved and doing it all ironically. I guess I'm taking the stance that I want zero expectations going in so that maybe I'll be positively surprised when it actually isn't as bad as I'm fearing? I just love VPMO so much and I want it to have some of that fun lightness.
THIS
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

All men do is lie.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:58 am All men do is lie.
heart been broke so many times :brokenheart:
Levitating
#relatable

Could he have said 'editing this weekend', rather than 'publishing'? :(
I was also hoping his head was in a American time zone, but I guess in Monday for you too now, isn't?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Maybe he meant next weekend. Or he just doesn't know what day of the week it is.

In the meantime, there was a tweet from Phil.
And a cursed Instastory.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

Can you believe that it's the last week of the American leg of the tour? It feels simultaneously like he's been away for two weeks and 5 months

I wonder if he'll do another live stream before he goes back, or if we'll maybe (excuse the clownery) get a joint one back in London?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Viewers Pick My Outfits is here!
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I do get that the whole reluctant youtuber, disliking an overly invested audience, doesn't really want to be doing this attitude is now his thing, but if you take out the intro and the last 30 seconds, it felt so much like a classic D&P video. The moments when the persona kind of dropped and he's just laughing really hard made the video.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
phancon
delia smith

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:41 pm
Viewers Pick My Outfits is here!
I liked that more than I thought I would!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ALL IS FORGIVEN, maybe it's because I had rock bottom expectations but I *really* loved that. So many parts I'm definitely gonna be rewatching!!
Possum
squish

Hi! I have not been active on here for a good while. But I'm itching to talk about dnp stuff again after I saw Dan's show a week ago and have just been feeling so fond of him ever since :') Seeing him in person was such a strange feeling! (I didn't do a meet and greet because I am shy, but I sat 11 rows back from the stage and the first moment he came on stage was just such a weird feeling of wow this guy I've been watching on youtube for a decade is an actual person who really exists?!) Anyway, the show was a lot of fun and I am glad I got a ticket. I was perhaps a little hesitant going into the show because Dan's edgy introspection is sometimes a bit much for me, but the show was very funny and good.

re: the outfits video: I loved it so much! The Phil versions are favorites of mine, and this did not disappoint. I loved watching Phil fail terribly at throwing clothes (idk if I would have trusted him throwing things at me like that, lol). The last outfit made me almost cry-laugh, especially when he turned around! I haven't loved all of Dan's recent content, but this felt so much like old-school dnp content that I know I'll be coming back to watch it :)
gnostic
stress mushroom

I am down for D&P joint videos being rare if every new one reaches new Peak Gay levels because they are no longer containing themselves
incredible
Just here for the marketing skills
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

All expectations have been exceeded! Granted, they weren't high, but I loved this video. Definitely rewatching now.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

kavat wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:13 am Can you believe that it's the last week of the American leg of the tour? It feels simultaneously like he's been away for two weeks and 5 months

I wonder if he'll do another live stream before he goes back, or if we'll maybe (excuse the clownery) get a joint one back in London?
I’m really hoping for maybe another mukbang with Phil after the American leg of the tour. It would be such a great highly viewed video to post in December during Peak Season (remember those vids Phil hosted for Peak Season?)

VPMO - I thought it was funny on one of the tweets or something it was called Viewers Buy Dan’s Outfits. I mean we are paying for them in a roundabout way. What was up with Dan flashing the D? He sure looked good in most of those outfits. I didn’t like the sexy banker suit, but most of the rest were pretty good. I do like him in a wider leg pant.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
kavat
pastel persona

The video was fantastic and I don't remember the last time I laughed this much at a dnp video! I'm side eying phil for not picking at least one actually good outfit, but I'm happy about the number of skirts.

And we got the origin story for the Shrek slut shirt, I wonder what else he kept.

Anthony was spotted at dans LA show and he seems to be alluding to a collab coming, I'm looking forward to that!
koalaselfie
living flop

that video was incredible, i loved every second!

dan seriously pulls off skirts, he should include them in his wardrobe permanently, in my humble opinion :garbage:

some past phannie hysteria is welling up in me (i apologise) and i'm trying to decode what dan says at 2:15 (when phil throws the first batch of clothes at him). it sounds awfully like "[this was] the first relationship in your life" (he's admonishing phil after the 'twink' shade line - which was hilarious btw :lol: )

Edit: it's actually just before phil throws a coat hanger at him, my apologies
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
Levitating
#relatable

I died at the twink shade! :rofl: :rofl: Dan looked so insulted :lol: :lol:

I loved this video and have been rewatching it, but I am surprise how long engagements (comments) and views are, almost 22 hours later? Is it the algorithm's fault? :? or the normal performance now - which still surprises me because this video is GOLD

He looks amazing in the sexy bank outfit and as Daveeee.