Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:55 pm Definitely only see black and blue.
Me too!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

According to Anthony's TikTok, his I Spent A Day With Daniel Howell video is coming next week.

Meanwhile Dan's first show of the Australia and New Zealand tour is today! No word from him (or Phil) about being in Australia yet. I hope they're not too jetlagged.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
BrothAndBrine
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

Based on What Dan and Phil TEO 2022 (6:40), I am not going to have any expectations of Phil being in Australia/NZ. It sounds like he is staying home again and Dan is going alone, but we'll see, maybe; fingers crossed!
kavat
pastel persona

Dan did an insta live without warning, the little snek

He was probably pretty jetlagged because he was very on edge but in that put on annoyed dan way when you can tell he's actually having fun with us
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

He accidentally said DanAndPhilTour dot com instead of his own website :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I wish Dan wouldn’t always tell us how much he films and then edits out. I hate knowing what we’re missing.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
literally_formless
butt chair

Susanisnotafish wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:11 pm I wish Dan wouldn’t always tell us how much he films and then edits out. I hate knowing what we’re missing.
Hard same! Waaaah

At least Phil makes us feel pretty confident most of what he cuts is flubs.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

literally_formless wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:43 am
Susanisnotafish wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:11 pm I wish Dan wouldn’t always tell us how much he films and then edits out. I hate knowing what we’re missing.
Hard same! Waaaah

At least Phil makes us feel pretty confident most of what he cuts is flubs.
Tbh I would love a video of Phil flubs...phloopers, if you will (I'm so sorry).
jmorton
butt chair

So ... Hello. Former Amazinglyonfire here. Maybe some remember me from the ancient times.

Anyway. I don't know why I created another account (actually I do ... my other account uses an email that is no longer active). But I just wanted to say that I hope Phil does more videos like the AI one. The one he dropped in early December was really good.

Also about the text video. I mentioned this in another venue but Dan coming back from America and suddenly talking out of the side of his mouth irritated the hell out of me. Lol. I know that is a petty thing but if you compare Dan from the previous two text videos to that one it is really noticeable. Lol.

Anyway. I'm sure I will return.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Anthony's video will be up tomorrow!

I don't care for Anthony actually, but I'm ready for this content drought to be over.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
starsandshards
living flop

It's so weird seeing Dan do that wonky smile he used to do all the time. So weird!!!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

(originally a tiktok obviously) (dan still hasn't learned to take the ugly watermark out)
and a Phil RT'ed this little viral phannie anecdote:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

starsandshards wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:11 pm It's so weird seeing Dan do that wonky smile he used to do all the time. So weird!!!
God that side smile had him in a chokehold. Behold a compilation
interruptfireworks
delia smith

anthony's video with dan is up!!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I thought it was kinda mid honestly. Maybe I'm just not into their chemistry or whatever idk.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

I hope it might bring Dan some new viewers. I tend to watch Anthony's series when his guest is a person I've heard about but don't know much about.

So much of this was stuff Dan's said many times, I really am yearning for that extra hour or so on the cutting room floor!
Levitating
#relatable

Catallena wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:21 am I thought it was kinda mid honestly. Maybe I'm just not into their chemistry or whatever idk.
Same!
I have watched only a couple of Anthony's interviews where I did not know the other person, so cannot judge well, but to me it felt like an extension of Dan-narrative, with some bits about what they had in common (accident + appearance) and other revelations from Anthony about himself (burnout)

Basically, it could have been a Dan's video. I wonder though how much this comes from the fact that their relationship was 'superficial' to begin with (Dan avoiding major topics afraid of revealing himself) and now they're in an era where Dan is supposed to be honest but still cannot because he's Dan (and also British - I feel like Brits are allergic to intimitate conversations :rofl: )

Extremely sad to hear that WAD is saving his life though. I feel like they touched something there but, being such a delicate topic, Anthony left Dan control the narrative and did not dig into it.
This kind failure is a topic we do not hear a lot about, do we? Failure I have heard of, in media/books, is that of a progressive spiral guided by depression/societal circumstances.
Dan's 'failure' is one that came from a position of privilege: he was doing more than fine and that's how he could put in all the work. It's "doing your best, believing in yourself, working hard towards it" and than that not being "enough". It's aweful and terrifying.
kavat
pastel persona

I loved the video, I'm not a regular Anthony watcher but i think it was a lot of fun. You can tell Dan felt comfortable with him, going deeper than he tends to in interviews, and I appreciate the more birds eye view of his career. It was a lot of laughs and jokes between them both and that's just delightful.

And everytime he acknowledge that his audience made it possible for him to come out I want to sob. So many from the outside try to make it look like his audience has only been terrible towards him, so it makes me so full of joy and affection everytime he says that. :rainbowtears:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:21 am I thought it was kinda mid honestly. Maybe I'm just not into their chemistry or whatever idk.
Same. I think it's because I was expecting some kind of deeper dive into Dan and literally... any new information. But he said all the same things we've heard him say in every podcast ever.

I got a little bothered by how frequently Dan would address the camera directly, as if he was filming his own video and talking to us. The setting is an interview. I felt like he should be answering Anthony to his face??

I'm probably over-thinking it. The jokes were fun and I liked watching them laugh together.

I also can't stop thinking about Anthony's description of early Dan: "I thought you just really liked to play Mario Kart and be quiet". This is obviously a a me problem, but It tarnishes the vision I had of their friendship and previous collabs. Granted, I have no idea why I thought they'd be any closer than they are, but :shrug: ...
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

"2015-2018, that was the Dan and Phil era [...]. Before that, we were just associated acts."

Sure.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

I liked how Dan repeatedly mentioned his audience wrt coming out, too. There were a few instances that I REALLY enjoyed (the ring comments, the accident jokes, 'and I'm the gay one' etc etc) but I otherwise didn't learn anything new so I was a tiny bit underwhelmed. I did like the video and I'm very pleased he did it. I just can't help but be curious about what got left out - no doubt because we know there was a lot that was indeed cut. As mentioned before, if we didn't know that, we'd just accept what was shown.

The rings comment tho...maybe the vid was worth it for that for me lol
000dia000
emo goose

I'm enjoying how similar they look, they could do some "parent trap" plot with their channels.
:cactus:
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:57 am Not that I expect them to call each other boyfriends ever.
I mean, why would they back track after husbands??
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
starsandshards
living flop

I enjoyed the interview! Yeah, it was stuff we've heard already, but it was a nice setting and Dan seemed very comfortable. I enjoyed the banter and the eye candy. Sue me.

(Don't sue me, I'm skint.)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:sparkle: Instagram update post! :sparkle:

Dan posted some stuff yesterday and the day before that.

His Stories from today:
And Phil has also shown a sign of life! No clue what he's doing. Phil things in his Phil life I guess.

edit: he was hanging out with bryony she has similar clay stories
Hope we get a video from him soon.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr