Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm absolutely trying to be nosy. I'm invested. Who were the 4 YouTubers? Or who is he counting as a YouTuber is my first question. Was Dan counted? Were the YouTube emos he used to hang with in the pre-Dan times counted? I kinda hope not because that would be a lot less spicy and fun. Sure, we're never gonna actually find out but it's gonna be fun thinking about.

The date in the dating app video being fake isn't too surprising but I love him for bringing it up.

I'd die for whatever a chatty thing with Dan is, please don't give us false hope though my heart can't take it.

still not feeling the haircut
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Catallena wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:31 pm I'm absolutely trying to be nosy. I'm invested. Who were the 4 YouTubers? Or who is he counting as a YouTuber is my first question. Was Dan counted? Were the YouTube emos he used to hang with in the pre-Dan times counted? I kinda hope not because that would be a lot less spicy and fun. Sure, we're never gonna actually find out but it's gonna be fun thinking about.

The date in the dating app video being fake isn't too surprising but I love him for bringing it up.

I'd die for whatever a chatty thing with Dan is, please don't give us false hope though my heart can't take it.

still not feeling the haircut
I think I can guess 3 of the 4 YouTubers:

Charlie skies
Steven from Apartment Red
Dan

Who else?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:00 am Charlie skies
I had literally forgotten all about the Charlie Skies drama, it's all coming back to me now, haha.

I liked the video a lot. He said he'd be honest and he was, there was no evasion like you usually get with this type of video. I feel like some of the stuff he shared would have made the fandom go crazy just a few years ago but now it's just whatever and I love that for him (them, really). There's been some nostalgia for the 2014/2015 era lately but I'm honestly so glad Phil's innocent, naive cinnamon roll persona is no more.
jmorton
butt chair

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:00 am
Charlie skies
Dan

Who else?
Hmmmm....

I've always wondered about Stephen Byrne. Never got any real sense that he and Phil hooked up but Phil was doing the Apartment Red stuff just prior to Dan coming along. So who knows.

I've wondered about Jimmy (HiJimmy) tbh. I just remembered Dan shooting eye daggers at Jimmy in that one interview Dan and Phil did with him years ago at the London apartment. I wonder if that interview is still up.
vincentian
hobbit hair

Love to see Phil saying he feels overall happier. Partly spon, but also, hopefully, partly true. Weird to root for mental health of a person you don't personally know, but still.
Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:00 am I think I can guess 3 of the 4 YouTubers:

Charlie skies
Dan

Who else?
possibly also Adam, the "first subscriber"?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

vincentian wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:03 am Love to see Phil saying he feels overall happier. Partly spon, but also, hopefully, partly true. Weird to root for mental health of a person you don't personally know, but still.
Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:00 am I think I can guess 3 of the 4 YouTubers:

Charlie skies
Dan

Who else?
possibly also Adam, the "first subscriber"?
Oh yeah! His first subscriber was John J Salamone.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I've been quiet for awhile here but this video was such a "can you imagine" to 2018-phandom that I just had to post.

PJ as a possibility? I think it's VERY possible they hooked up at some point in college.

No way he hooked up with all of the fantastic four is there? :o

I want to stop being nosy but also don't.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I vote Sam The Surfer lol.

The boys were at Thorpe Park today.

Here's Phil random ass story of a rollercoaster.
Also, yesterday Phil got into yet another sizzling argument with Dominos UK.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

Catallena wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:22 pm
Also, yesterday Phil got into yet another sizzling argument with Dominos UK.
I really hope this is all breadcrumbs leading up to Phil being booked to do some random-ass Dominos UK corporate training videos like he did those Google UK advertisting corporate videos :tinfoil:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil tweet of the year and I say that as a straight.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Catallena wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:16 pm Phil tweet of the year and I say that as a straight.
I, lesbian, declare Phil: The Best :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan was on Twitter reminding us that he's a F1 fan (especially when someone other than VER wins I'm guessing lol).
And he posted some Instastories including this cute picture:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Remember when we went months ( or was it years) without a joint selfie?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Susanisnotafish wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:14 pm Remember when we went months ( or was it years) without a joint selfie?
Yeah, they've really been spoiling us this year.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So apparently Adrian is home after having caught a rare tick-related disease in Portugal? He did a blog post on it that described his week long hospital stay, and after that he decided it was time to leave Portugal. (Alternate title: When poverty tourism goes bad...) So since he's home... do we think that the Thorpe Park day was Dan family related, maybe? Or just because they were somewhat nearish to Thorpe Park?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh interesting about Adrian, sucks for him but his lifestyle never seemed particularly sustainable to me. tbh I have a hard time imagining family fun time with the Howell brothers at a theme park but who knows. I do still wonder whether we would've gotten Phil's (out of context to everyone but twitter sleuths i think?) instastory of a rollercoaster if they hadn't been spotted at the park already.

Another Phil tweet that left the target audience a little:
It's like the time Phil made that Short about Minecraft, except this time it's Tolkien fans coming to educate him.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Phil's been on it with twitter atm. So much so that I've seen some british meme insta accounts have been reposting his 'putting on shoes is so embarrassing' tweet lol.
000dia000
emo goose

it's interesting how phil's tweets have far surpassed dan's in memeable quality. i welcome this, more pls phil
:cactus:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

belated happy 1 year anniversary to this thread that I named in May 2022 when the tour was announced and has outlasted both the tour, dystopia daily and may yet last until dan’s second self-help book or the new dnp podcast!!!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

NEW PHIL VIDEO INCOMING (as per his member post)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

King of Comedy and Clickbait.

(there's no doubt gonna be people mad about it though)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

Phil, like Dan, doing phan clickbait titles :lol: at this point I believe they would (hypothetically) make some genuine statement in another cheese tasting video

I really don't care for watching a video reading out reddit AITA posts...when I just read reddit anyways, so what's the point? Not very creative.

I think I would have preferred if Phil dished the tea on YouTuber relationships he has witnessed in the last 17 years of being on the platform

OR, when he pointed out that the "pair of youtubers" that broke up a relationship may have been him and dan - that could have been a great rabbit hole to consider! Or even, him discussing how many lesbian relationships he and Dan inadvertently brought together

also, did Phil just pronounce Taiwan as Tie-Wan? Isn't it like Tie-Won? It's at 4.28 for context.
:cactus:
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

I enjoyed this vid! It's making me want a 'Phil gives relationship advice' kind of vid though. I would looooove that.

Also lmao that fursuit repair comment...bro...
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I agree that reactions to Reddit are not exactly the most original content, but I love Phil leaning into being the drama loving messy bitch he is. That classic photo of him leaning against the door with a glass to listen in on his neighbours arguing, but now on camera. And the phanbait title and teaser makeit all even funnier.

Meanwhile on Instastories today:
Oh what I'd give to have a look in their storage unit.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

New Phil video!

Lovely video, I really enjoyed it. Includes some footage of Phil doing :sparkle: exercise :sparkle: for all you thirsty bitches.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr