Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
princesstalsy
dank meme

klork99 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:11 pm I also don't think the charm is gone? They still make me laugh like they did years ago and i still find them watchable. Sure their symbolic eras to the fandom are another pair of shoes. I don't know how long will they keep going with it but i can feel old "phandom days" creeping back in. If they bring back PINOF that will be end of me officially.

Pretty sure i saw similar posts like this so i hope u don't mind my piece of mind as a newbie ranting about this for too long :frantictyping: Thought i'd share with the og big shots here since none of the people i know understand the impact of this comeback/hj
Hehe was me who said I'll turn my adblock off for no one else except these two.

And I agree, while I get what a lot of people are saying about wanting newer content, I still find these resurgence videos charming and entertaining, and I'm still shocked and happy that "they're back" like this.

In my opinion, it's a good strategic move to come back with familiar videos that did well back in the day, amassing nostalgia views and bringing old fans back. I think if they did something too new or different right off the bat, there would be a lot of "Dan and Phil's content doesn't hit anymore" or "they tried" sentiment. I'm hope they'll try some new things in the Dan vs Phil videos, it'll be a good mix of nostalgia (the fact that they're doing DAN VS PHIL with the board!) + new games / new competition-type stuff.

However I don't think they'll bring back PINOF because it would be too regressive for them, or at least I think Dan would think so. We can see he's tried hard to evolve his content over the years and I don't rlly see him wanting to bring it back.
Grey
lady door

I am just endlessly thrilled that they’re really back - and that it feels like it did before. I mean, I’m happy for them to try new things as well but for me, they made the right call doing the familiar stuff.

I don’t see pinof returning and I don’t really think I’d want it to? Idk. To me pinof seems like a more prescriptive format that doesn’t allow for as much growth as something like the gaming channel or even Dan vs Phil which are a loose format (for example, they just baking on the gaming channel).
I'm having a stress.
mez29
procrastinator

Catallena wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:17 pm And yeah, totally staged lol.
Yeah, there seemed like quite an obvious shift away from spontaneity when the Dan v Phil discussion started. They still can't act 🥲
Kurapika wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:39 am I’m also not really digging the replays and slowmos…
Same!! A couple would be fine, but they feel very overused.

(overall tho, I am delighted that DAPG is back and will lap up any terrible content it gives me, it's what got me into this fandom in 2016 and it's what's rekindling my interest now, sigh)
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I love Phil. :rainbowtears:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Have I mentioned lately that I love Phil Lester? I saw that tweet and cracked the fuck up.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Phil's tweet is fucking hilarious. Oh, the things those boys have seen on social media over the years. Like of course they've seen that, but I love that little breaking of the 4th wall there
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

More Heartthrob :love2: :rainbow:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Grey
lady door

onceinaugust wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:40 am

Could someone explain what his tweet means please?
I’m an idiot / I don’t understand humour :shame:
I'm having a stress.
littleflowers
placenta

Grey wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:02 pm

It’s a reference to a tumblr post back in the day that became a bit of a meme/copypasta:
https://www.tumblr.com/blossomedsloth/134204587300/no-but-seriously-imagine-it
No but seriously imagine it:

You’re seeing fall out boy on a concert. Everyone is having a great time. Fall out boy seem a little excited. “We have a surprise for you guys.” Partick says. All of a sudden P!ATD come out and start singing “this is gospel.” When Brendon gets to the chorus, someone else starts singing…

“When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band.”
Lights flash everywhere, and you see FOB singing “this is gospel” along with P!ATD, while MCR is singing “Black parade”. Everyone in the crowd is going wild and crying. Then if things couldn’t get any better, Dan and Phil walk onto stage and kiss, holding the gay flag.
This tweet is acknowledging that he/they know about fandom memes like this, which, ofc they do but it’s still funny/iconic of him to reference things like this directly. Also side note the original post was from 2015 I think aka peak closet/speculation days so it’s kind of nice that he/they’re able to joke about stuff like this now :’)

edit: sry the tumblr embed didn’t work. You can also google “no but seriously imagine it” and find the post if you want
Last edited by Catallena on Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
Grey
lady door

littleflowers wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:17 am

It’s a reference to a tumblr post back in the day that became a bit of a meme/copypasta:

You’re seeing fall out boy on a concert. Everyone is having a great time. Fall out boy seem a little excited. “We have a surprise for you guys.” Partick says. All of a sudden P!ATD come out and start singing “this is gospel.” When Brendon gets to the chorus, someone else starts singing…

“When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band.”
Lights flash everywhere, and you see FOB singing “this is gospel” along with P!ATD, while MCR is singing “Black parade”. Everyone in the crowd is going wild and crying. Then if things couldn’t get any better, Dan and Phil walk onto stage and kiss, holding the gay flag.
This tweet is acknowledging that he/they know about fandom memes like this, which, ofc they do but it’s still funny/iconic of him to reference things like this directly. Also side note the original post was from 2015 I think aka peak closet/speculation days so it’s kind of nice that he/they’re able to joke about stuff like this now :’)

edit: sry the tumblr embed didn’t work. You can also google “no but seriously imagine it” and find the post if you want
Ahh thank you!
I'm having a stress.
howadorableright
sad dimple

littleflowers wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:17 am

the fact that this has received heritageposts status says so much i love it
the fact alone that phil is acknowledging this post is such a defining moment for this new era i can feel it LMAOO
back back back back again
troyiesivanie
tol bean
Pronouns: She/her

Grey wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:21 pm I am just endlessly thrilled that they’re really back - and that it feels like it did before. I mean, I’m happy for them to try new things as well but for me, they made the right call doing the familiar stuff.

I don’t see pinof returning and I don’t really think I’d want it to? Idk. To me pinof seems like a more prescriptive format that doesn’t allow for as much growth as something like the gaming channel or even Dan vs Phil which are a loose format (for example, they just baking on the gaming channel).
I hope instead of pinof coming back we get more muckbang!
(Also would just love the return of the weekly liveshow but that’s probs asking too much haha)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

holiday merch incoming! danandphilshop.com has updated its layout again to what i think are supposed to be pastelly christmas colors.

I love rewatching PINOF, but that style of video is like an ancient relic to the point I'm not sure I'd enjoy a 2023 version. So I don't think it should come back, I'd much rather see other things like (as suggested) a mukbang or even another text video.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tinaoe
crusty sponge

if they don't give us a behind the scenes for that cat calender i WILL riot
fioebae
drama llama

I need that cat calendar so badly 😭😭🐈‍⬛🐈😻
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Dan and phil cats calendar! I never actually buy these things but I'm excited to see the pictures and hopefully a bts video like they did for the dogs one.

Also I remember them referencing this in a recent video and I remember thinking it was going to be a dogs part two calendar, but I can't remember which video it was hinted to in. I was excited for another puppies one, but I'm definitely also happy with the kittens!
thatone
delia smith

I.. the sweater?! That explains the googling of how to spell legalise lol
FortuneCookie
smol bean

THE PROM PHOTOS THO
They are cat people why they don't admit it already
howadorableright
sad dimple

feeling soooo normal and sane about all their references being couple photos like so regular
back back back back again
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

This cured my depression.

But shipping is atrocious for something they only need to throw across the North Sea (€15,95?!) so I'm gonna bribe ask my bestie in Scotland if I can use her as a forwarding service.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
gnostic
stress mushroom

I'm gonna buy that sweater, I'm gonna wear it to munches, and I'm gonna finally answer the age old question of how many kinky millennials are secretly Dan and Phil stans
Just here for the marketing skills
tigertatze
living flop

cats!!!! they really did this for me personally
#nohetero
emoji_pajamas
tol bean

all the outfits were so cute on them!!!

I'm so here for how the games channel has become the dan and phil doing anything channel now, the sarapocial relationship would have me watch them argue over which takeout to order tbh
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Sooooo do u think DnP will ever actually get a pet of there own?
:lion: :prideflag:
Possum
squish

Loved this and all of their outfits and poses! I really think that they would suit a pet cat so much (if only Phil weren't allergic).