Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
JLynne
delia smith

On PJ's stream he was talking about his weekend with the boys, including an Elden Ring concert (??) on Sunday where it sounded like Dan and Phil had gotten their own tickets and were in a separate box from PJ and Sophie, but they were being cute and waving at each other. And they all went to lunch together to catch up where apparently Dan and Phil didn't even mention that they were releasing Lofi Phantasy, which idk that's just funny to me. Didn't even come up in conversation (which makes me wonder what other big things they had to talk about if them dropping an album didn't come up)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Hey friends! This thread is approaching page 40, which always marks the end of a main thread as we open a new one to continue discussion. A new thread needs a new topical name though, so we welcome all your ideas here in the Thread Name Suggestions. We will then vote on a name when this page 40 is reached.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

One day they post sappy tweets and heart emoji, the next they're back in the closet.

That sure is a thumbnail.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

Catallena wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:21 pm

One day they post sappy tweets and heart emoji, the next they're back in the closet.

That sure is a thumbnail.
phannies are so funny, that's all I got to say :rofl:
:cactus:
greyarea
not a first-time poster

Does anyone have ideas for what the announcement that's coming "straight after" could be? I have no idea personally. I'm hoping it's a return of live shows in some form, but that's just wishful thinking on my part since I'm a sucker for long form content. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hoping for a DAPG video today, it's been a while since they posted the Sims episode.
howadorableright
sad dimple
Pronouns: she/her

greyarea wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:26 pm Does anyone have ideas for what the announcement that's coming "straight after" could be? I have no idea personally. I'm hoping it's a return of live shows in some form, but that's just wishful thinking on my part since I'm a sucker for long form content. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hoping for a DAPG video today, it's been a while since they posted the Sims episode.
i honestly wonder if it was just the new dnpbeats, knowing them it's never as big as we think it will be

throwback to that week in march that everyone blew up and then it ended up being dan running out of his meds
back back back back again
Grey
lady door

howadorableright wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 pm
greyarea wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:26 pm Does anyone have ideas for what the announcement that's coming "straight after" could be? I have no idea personally. I'm hoping it's a return of live shows in some form, but that's just wishful thinking on my part since I'm a sucker for long form content. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

i honestly wonder if it was just the new dnpbeats, knowing them it's never as big as we think it will be

throwback to that week in march that everyone blew up and then it ended up being dan running out of his meds
Dan’s also doing the book event at a church - maybe that’s it? (Suddenly I wish I lived in London haha).
I'm having a stress.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Possum
squish

I wonder what's up with the length between videos on DAPG? The last true gaming video (not counting DAPB) was 10 days ago now. They were still posting regular gaming content even when Dan was doing his London WAD performances/livestream. I wonder if they're planning something big behind the scenes, if Dan's busy with the paperback release, or something else. I just miss them and DAPG, mostly :(
tinnie
delia smith

I also wonder about that because I got too used to gaming videos multiple times a week and now I miss it a lot. :cry: I'm glad we at least got a video on Phil's channel with them both.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

RIP DanAndPhilGames, welcome DanAndPhilFashion
(also posted on Insta and even Tiktok)

More importantly:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The boys are back again!

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The paperback version of YWGTTN was officially released today! Dan really appreciates the hashtag phantwt came up with.
A live event is currently going on, hope everyone there is having a great time.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Catallena wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:06 pm The paperback version of YWGTTN was officially released today! Dan really appreciates the hashtag phantwt came up with.
A live event is currently going on, hope everyone there is having a great time.
I wish he would have kept that white shirt on for the event (which I hope is being recorded). He looked gorgeous. I like him in a collared shirt.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
JLynne
delia smith

vincentian
hobbit hair

Late to post about WAD, but I agree with most opinions on here. It's great that Dan got opportunity to express himself creatively and voice his opinions on a big stage and get recognition from people, but since he touches upon big topics and uses very strong language, he should be ready to face criticism on the subject matter. If you don't want to go deeper or continue the conversation, what's the point.

Phil has obviously been very supportive with WAD, calling it the best thing Dan has made, but I can't imagine this show being his cup of tea either. But then, Phil called him the best person a while back, so what do we know lol. Maybe not the best comparison, but I see Dan getting WAD out of his system (both tour and yt video) similar to the way the Dark Willow turns back into a ginger one (sorry, weak Buffy reference). He's been visibly more chill and relaxed since the gaming channel comeback. Wonder what's next for them.

The YWGTTN paperback event seems fun. From the snippets I've seen, it was another yapping session, but a more light-hearted one.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan did an interview with Metro.co.uk It's a nice piece if not always completely accurate. There is mention a second book 👀

He's also doing a radio interview tomorrow.
And they were watching the northern lights:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tinnie
delia smith

I would definitely be up for another book from his that is funny. I miss Dan's old content because he was really good at telling anecdotes and doing skits and I think now after many years and finally coming out, there could be so much more fun stuff like that. Dystopia Daily didn't hit with me because it felt too fake, too doom and gloom. And maybe if I only saw that and not Dan on Phil's channel or the gaming channel I'd think that's what Dan is like, but the gaming channel especially shows us that he's not constantly all serious and doom and gloom, he's still silly with ridiculous things happening to him (such as the story he told at his church event about having to go to A&E because of his eye issue)
howadorableright
sad dimple

tinnie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm I would definitely be up for another book from his that is funny. I miss Dan's old content because he was really good at telling anecdotes and doing skits and I think now after many years and finally coming out, there could be so much more fun stuff like that. Dystopia Daily didn't hit with me because it felt too fake, too doom and gloom. And maybe if I only saw that and not Dan on Phil's channel or the gaming channel I'd think that's what Dan is like, but the gaming channel especially shows us that he's not constantly all serious and doom and gloom, he's still silly with ridiculous things happening to him (such as the story he told at his church event about having to go to A&E because of his eye issue)
i know i always forget that dan used to do a lot of story time content and he's always been so good at it, and i always loved when both of them would be on stage at vidcon or wherever telling stories together, i miss that shit
back back back back again
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan on Times Radio.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Video of Dan's book event:

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr