Dan & Phil Part 7: Gator Girls Gone Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote:I'm not sold on it being two buses. (Unless someone who is there has mentioned there actually being two buses, and I missed it?) A lot of tour buses seem to have storage units that come alongside them, so maybe the unit is just designed similarly to the bus and parked alongside it.
I'm with you on this, I think the second unit you can see poking out from behind the red bus is a trailer, so they can put their suitcases etc in. They'd have to park it next to the bus because the bus and trailer wouldn't fit in the parking space.
I don't think that they are in 2 buses, I think it's just one. I don't get why Phil & Martyn tweeted at seperate times, prolly to throw the phandom off a little but for sure they're on one bus.

In the video of them getting off the bus and going into the venue they have one security guy and also the woman from flipside is with them. So, on the bus so far we have:
dan
phil
martyn
cornelia
flipside woman
the security dude (they usually have two security)
the girl who is doing merch
the guy who is doing the sound
the guy who usually picks up the art from the crafty corner

there is still space for 3 other people if they have a bus for 12!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

It really does sound like they are coming back, so that is reassuring.

Ending the radio show with toxic, I approve of this.

Really enjoyed the radio show.
DryCereal
koi pond

Actually feeling a bit choked up watching that.

YESSSSSSSSS Smashmouth. Unashamedly so. love it, always have, always will. Also: is that the first ever time Dan has won an "all or nothing" ?!!!!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

griff wrote:am i the only one who actually quite likes the all star
I actually really like the song and sing along every time

Love them closing out with Toxic and it definitely looks like they're coming back in some way in September
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
tinnie
drama llama

I just now realized there was a radio show tonight :facepalm: I even wrote it in my diary and thought about it today and then totally forgot. :x It better be on youtube soon.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

New thread name poll made so please re-vote :)
http://www.strawpoll.me/10049150
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Ah the radio show was so good! it figures the first one I watch is the last one they ever do aw yes I definitely heard him say something about September, if any sleuths can work it out that would be good! Ps does anyone know was that Ricky Dillon in the Nicki Minaj video?
grannypants
living flop

wow, i got all emosh at the end of the radio show!
i liked the talky bits- the intro, the 7 sec challenge and the on-stage shouting reactions were all fab :D
i do wish they'd spent more time reflecting on funny bits of the radio show though, not just playing music vids, although their mcr montage of dan vs phils was fab
please please come back in september :sobs: i remember listening to their old sunday night show in my bedroom all those years ago, it's wonderful how far they've come
edit: also v. pleased they played all star and toxic one last time. wouldn't have felt right if they hadn't! ah, the poetic justice
Last edited by grannypants on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"don't mind me, just having a little float" - dan howell
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Well. For someone who professed to not be that bothered about the radioshow and wasn't overly upset about them finishing the IT, I feel nothing short of emo.

Which is kind of scary because if this is how I feel about a radioshow I wasn't super invested in (which seems to be coming back in a few months anyway) imagine if one or both of them ever did bow out of youtube as a sudden move rather than a gradual backing into the bushes. Fuck man :?

I've never been part of a fandom before. This is how it feels to be invested. I DON'T LIKE IT TAKE THE FEELINGS AWAY RIGHT NOW.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
iero
phabergé

i really enjoyed the radio show! i'm sad it's over. though phil kept mentioning that things were the final/last time yet they wrote on the whiteboard 'goodbye (for now)'. what is the truth . i hope the bbc have something else for them to do afterwards if the internet takeover is over.

i like how they reacted to some of the older videos rather than just show clips of them. the video of them introducing imagine dragons at reading festival made me laugh so much with phil yelling down the mic.

i like most of the song selections too, they chose ones that represent them v well

‘i’ll ding myself if you don’t ding me’- phil, followed straight after by dan slapping him on the shoulder while calling him 'my mate'
majitzu
angel bean

This radio show has made me emotional ... I need a moment
madmadmad
drama llama

It is at moments like these, tears running down my cheeks and cheeks hurting with laughter, I realise that I'm just a simple can...
DryCereal
koi pond

Lurktacularr wrote:Well. For someone who professed to not be that bothered about the radioshow and wasn't overly upset about them finishing the IT, I feel nothing short of emo.

Which is kind of scary because if this is how I feel about a radioshow I wasn't super invested in (which seems to be coming back in a few months anyway) imagine if one or both of them ever did bow out of youtube as a sudden move rather than a gradual backing into the bushes. Fuck man :?

I've never been part of a fandom before. This is how it feels to be invested. I DON'T LIKE IT TAKE THE FEELINGS AWAY RIGHT NOW.
S'ok. They'll be back. They will. And will be doing bigger and better things. *nods*

not too shabby for two nerds off've the net, right? :D /ProudMumModeOFF
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I’ve always liked the radio show, but I’m not emotional about it ending, or being on hiatus, at all right now. I really liked this radio show, it made me laugh so for me it ended up on a positive note. Or I might be a robot.
smarties
glabella

Not gonna lie....my eyes are watering a bit right now... :cry:
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one...

and I'm glad that you all have heard about the September "come back"...fingers crossed
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:I’ve always liked the radio show, but I’m not emotional about it ending, or being on hiatus, at all right now. I really liked this radio show, it made me laugh so for me it ended up on a positive note. Or I might be a robot.
I laughed through it, but that last link and the waving and ducking down got me. Ugh.
hunnyftw
phabergé

Loved their reactions to the imagine dragons introducion thingy.
Loved that they ended it on Toxic.
And again, this made me so nostalgic for the 2013 shows. I want them back in September for the weekly 2 hour show, dang it! Yeah right, I can dream

Lurktacularr wrote:Which is kind of scary because if this is how I feel about a radioshow I wasn't super invested in (which seems to be coming back in a few months anyway) imagine if one or both of them ever did bow out of youtube as a sudden move rather than a gradual backing into the bushes. Fuck man :?
Oh man this is a scary thought, stop it please :? However now you've said it... I almost think that when if one of them eventually decided to end the Youtube thing I probably would prefer a sudden blow and a final "Goodbye Internet" video rather than a channel just gradually dying off with no explanation. It would be devastating, but at least it would be a closure of some sorts. I'll stop now, sorry
fakelights
living flop

I'm emotional right now. At the end I was almost crying to Toxic lol
The whole thing was cringy but nostalgic and they were very lovely in it, great final show

The radio show is definitely my favorite thing of theirs and I really really hope they do come back to R1 to do something in September.

"I’ll ding myself if you don’t ding me" is the best thing Phil has said omg.
Last edited by fakelights on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Love the behind the scenes snapchats from BBCR1, hopefully someone will compile them all in one video.

Just read the tumblr post of BBCR1 and it really looks like they boys will be back, which is probably why I’m not more sad about this.
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

biatchqueen wrote:Ps does anyone know was that Ricky Dillon in the Nicki Minaj video?
It was actually :lol: You can watch it on youtube here:

It's honestly one of my favorite music videos they made.

I was getting pretty nostalgic during that show, not gonna lie. I may or may not have gotten a bit teary eyed, oops. I promise I'm not obsessive, the nostalgia just hits me like a bat. I mean, the whole Toxic ordeal is pretty cringey to me sometimes, but seeing them say their goodbyes with that playing?

Picking the girl up seems super interesting to me. It makes sense, but at the same time I can't help but think, how the heck did she land that? :lol: She's pretty young as well. Good for her though, and good luck for everyone on the tour. The bus (busses?) looks pretty nice, so that's good.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That radio show was a real nostalgia trip damn. I loved them reflecting on their time at BBCR1 up until now, I kinda wish they would do more of that in general. Just them sharing their thoughts on things that happened years ago.

I remember when Tumblr went apeshit for the Supremacy video... mainly the bit where Dan is tied up in a chair. And Dan vs. Phil was so good, better than the 7 Second Challenge tbh. At some point those were all the same ('make up a rap' and 'spell this word backwards') and not as amusing to watch compared to Deppy dragging their bodies around the lounge in sleeping bags and stuff. The Sunday shows were great, though I didn't miss stuff like people calling in and being a mess on live on air. That's one thing I liked more about Mondays.

Since they started on the request show I've only missed 3 shows or something... which says a lot about my social life tbh. Even though they're apparently coming back in September it feels like the end of an era. I'm emo. :sobs:
Nah, I like it too. I jam out to it every time Dan wins idgaf.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
blueapple_x
flower crown

I wonder why radio1 can't be more definite with their statements rather than implying they'll come back. Pretty weird.

"It’s not so much goodbye as… *watch this space*"
http://bbcr1.tumblr.com/post/1433945578 ... -a-tribute

I'm not too upset as it really did seem like they're implying they're coming back for sure. Maybe they don't know exactly what/when they'll be back for and that's why they're not making definite statements?
Last edited by blueapple_x on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corn flakes
moon room

Liked the radioshow but couldn't see the majority of it :wahh: ....where I can see it and listen it?on the bbc1 site I found only the audio

Also, how you can't mention "things you don't want in your mounth"...still it woudn't been them without toxic and all stars
Last edited by corn flakes on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:Well. For someone who professed to not be that bothered about the radioshow and wasn't overly upset about them finishing the IT, I feel nothing short of emo.

S'ok. They'll be back. They will. And will be doing bigger and better things. *nods*

not too shabby for two nerds off've the net, right? :D /ProudMumModeOFF
Not too shabby at all I actually feel like compiling/watching all that will have reminded them of all the amazing stuff they got to do through R1 and, if the doubts over them coming back was ever coming from their side rather than the BBC, it might have helped nudged them in the right direction
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

bluebox-away wrote:
I actually really like the song and sing along every time
Me too. So glad to hear it in this one. I love the Pokemon video and the Starships one is hilarious. Phil's Jack Skellington one is an absolute gift, he's so good in that. I don't get how Doctor Daisy's Dogpocalypse showed what they could do on a radio show especially after they'd done the two Christmas specials, but it's a funny video in itself, I love Phil as a villain.