Dan & Phil Part 7: Gator Girls Gone Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kay
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

Augh, those bus tweets/low key stalking are such second hand cringe! :facepalm:

Agreed that the fan who re-created the Sunday Times photo is also my new personal hero. They look like the intro credits to any 1990s kids' TV show.
bluntedclaws wrote:
majitzu wrote:I thought at the time that the "one tv" tweets sounded almost like kind of " We know that you know that we know that you know we're going to have to share a room so we're making a joke of it."
If that were the case then this could be intentional confirmation that those tweets were joking.
IDK does that even make sense?
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

pixlexia wrote: I think I understand what you're saying, and I kind of agreed. I was surprised at the tweets upsetting people, but I get where people came from. When I saw it, I thought it was sort of them announcing that the tour bus only has one nice room (because we'd find out about it either way, might as well just make our jobs easier and explain it beforehand) and sort of pointing out that they're inevitably going to share the room, whether it's as best mates or bfs or whatever the heck, but doing so in a funny/joking way.

But who knows, maybe they aren't even sharing rooms. I'm just a fan forever stuck trying to read between the tweets. :sideeye:
They just seem to have been so at peace with the shipping lately that a serious NO HOMO tweet seems a bit out of character.

On a different topic: Earlier, when it looked like there were two buses I thought that it would make sense because could have the proper bedroom in one bus and Martyn & Cornelia could have the one in the other bus. If the second vehicle is a truck my theory goes right out the window. Aaagh, I'm soooo curious it's killing me!
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
apathy
sad dimple

Same girl that posted the bus-stalking video also posted this: I'm not 100% fluent in Twitter typing, but there may be a 2nd bus?

Honestly, after they've gone for the super-deluxe suite for one week at Playlist/Vidcon for the last couple years, it wouldn't actually surprise me if they had a second bus completely or almost to themselves for two months.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
awkwardly
living flop

achika wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:
majitzu wrote:I thought at the time that the "one tv" tweets sounded almost like kind of " We know that you know that we know that you know we're going to have to share a room so we're making a joke of it."
If that were the case then this could be intentional confirmation that those tweets were joking.
IDK does that even make sense?
I just need to give to that Friends vid that is such a great parallel/simile/cantfindenglishword
~but the golden age is over
swofro
angel bean

Because I am like super slow in catching up, here is some opinion about things.

Re last radio show.
I have to admit that I hate that All Star song so bad, but it is kinda nostalgic and I laugh when it gets played. It won't be their show if that song wasn't played for the last time.

I love all the old videos. My favourite is probably the pokemon song, because I first watch it in accident, not knowing where it comes from. I was looking for pokemon theme song on youtube, and click on it when it says is featured in it.

Good times. It is indeed the end of an era.
Here for another good stuff from them.

now how am I gonna tell people who they are when they ask since they are no longer (?) radio dj
Love is forever
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Hey guys, if anyone hasn't voted for a thread name, OR voted for one before we re-made the poll, remember to do so! It's a close race right now. :)

http://www.strawpoll.me/10049150
busy being happy~
majitzu
angel bean

apathy wrote:Same girl that posted the bus-stalking video also posted this: I'm not 100% fluent in Twitter typing, but there may be a 2nd bus?

Honestly, after they've gone for the super-deluxe suite for one week at Playlist/Vidcon for the last couple years, it wouldn't actually surprise me if they had a second bus completely or almost to themselves for two months.
How do you know they have the super deluxe suite for 1 week?
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

The hotel room is paid by playlist right?
majitzu
angel bean

I posted this in the Orlando thread but is cute and you shoul read it
Aww I find this on tumblr and is cute
lyricshealme wrote:Story Time!

So I met Dan and Phil at Playlist Live Orlando with @princessjgroff and @pirateprincess6 on Saturday. I moved across the country for college and left my best friend behind. I know that she loves these guys and she absolutely LOVES socks. So princessjgroff told me I should ask Phil if I could take a picture of his socks. We showed up late to the meet and greet and were within the last 50 or so people to meet them out of several hundred people.

The girl (a complete stranger) before me wanted me to take a group picture of her and her friend with Dan and Phil on her phone, so I did. She took her phone back from me and turned to leave, so I started walking up to meet Dan and Phil. Well she wanted another hug from the guys and totally ran up to hug them again as Dan and were getting ready to hug. It all of us in an awkward situation.

So I hugged them both and asked how they were doing. I didn’t have anything for them to sign so I started to tell them how my best friend couldn’t be there and how she loves socks. I asked Phil if I could take a picture of his socks and he fucking lifted of his pant legs for me to take a picture.

The best part of this was that Dan seemed slightly insulted that I didn’t want a picture of his socks. He told me that he was wearing minion socks and that I should get a picture of them too. So he bends down to untie his shoe and pulled his pant leg free of his shoe as I’m taking a picture of Phil’s socks. He lifted of his pant leg and was really confused as to why his sock was only black material until he realized the minion was on the toe of his sock. He actually contemplated taking off his fucking shoe to show me before he decided that it would be weird.

I talked quietly enough that nobody else knew what was happening. Only princessjgroff and pirateprincess6 knew what was happening. That just seemed to make everything funnier.

Credit to @pirateprincess6 for taking the pics of me with Dan and Phil
tumblr post link
apathy
sad dimple

majitzu wrote:How do you know they have the super deluxe suite for 1 week?
We saw it in vlogs the last couple years - they had the big rooms with a separate bedroom ("2 bedrooms!!1!" --Cat) & living area. There was only a very tiny clip of hanging out with Cat this year where they appeared to be sitting on a couch, so I do realize I'm just assuming they were in the same type of room this year on weak evidence.

I do wonder if Playlist pays for that completely - it seems weird that the two of them would get such a huge room while everyone else's rooms in the same vlogs (which doesn't cover very many people, to be fair), who have as many or more subscribers have normal double rooms. So I've kinda wondered if pay the difference to get a suite, or if they just aren't afraid to ask for it. (Also hard to believe they'd be the first to respond and get it if it were first come first serve, but maybe if Phil is in charge of convention RSVPing.)

IDK if that was discussed before, I wasn't into foruming then.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
lilMango
morning quiff

I just saw this cute set of tweets from @trinity_kostyu on twitter:
"[D+P] I met you in Jacksonville today, didn't get to talk much but I did get to chat with Phil's brother! He was very sweet and put in a good word for you, Phil! He said it was amazing to see you go from the shyest person to on[e] of the most outgoing people in the fam!" (soz I had to edit the e in because it was bothering me so much)
This was really cute but I wonder why she didn't tag Martyn or even name him. Idk, I'm not blaming her bc she probably just had no idea.
Also: Oqua, Spider and another account (sorry if you're one of us but it was a twitter account that I didn't recognize) tweeted a tumblr post that has apparently been receiving "drama" lately?
http://howellslittlekitten.tumblr.com/p ... he-phandom
Idk my first reaction to reading it was rolling my eyes a little bit, but I did agree with some of the points that this person made.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Sorry for the cringe, but have you guys seen this?
http://snazzymemes.tumblr.com/post/1433 ... t-reminder

Also lilMango, i agree, I see some of their points, but others I'm like :wtf:
For example: 'labeling only dan as being attracted to boys in order to prove phan'
What does this mean? People label Dan as attracted to boys b/c they see that he has implied that he is attracted to boys. And how does only labeling Dan as attracted to boys 'prove' Phan? Don't you need both of them to make Phan?
Last edited by spaceguitar on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breatherepeat
tol bean

Radio 1: It was a nice send off but it did not feel like a complete goodbye. I would imagine they will be back with some sort of platform there. I never saw their audition video. I liked the little details in the video.

Main bus bed: Seeing as how they are funding the tour and the reason why everyone is on tour, I can see them taking over the back as their own apartment. Being around so many people asking so much of your time and presence is exhausting. They are in for a shock. I hope they burrow themselves in the back and recharge their souls.

I can see them having a main bus and then also a smaller bus/van for merch. Maybe the resason why brother left later, because his responsibilities are different with the tour. He can drive the extra cargo around and have their own space too.

Yay tour season. May the odds ever be in our favor for content.
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." Dr. Seuss
majitzu
angel bean

spaceguitar wrote:Sorry for the cringe, but have you guys seen this?
http://snazzymemes.tumblr.com/post/1433 ... t-reminder
yeah I read it yesterday and decide I didn't want to be mad so I ignore it. Sometimes I don't know if pwople have brain
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

lilMango wrote: Also: Oqua, Spider and another account (sorry if you're one of us but it was a twitter account that I didn't recognize) tweeted a tumblr post that has apparently been receiving "drama" lately?
Idk my first reaction to reading it was rolling my eyes a little bit, but I did agree with some of the points that this person made.
I agree with maybe one or two of these points but most them are just :roll:.

1. Labeling only Dan as being attracted to boys in order to prove Phan. Girl, fight me. How is picking up on the fact that Dan has mentioned being attracted to dudes about a million times in the past year mean you are Phan trash.
2. Only calling Dan a rat or trash and attacking anyone who tries to do the same with Phil. It's called having a sense of humor, maybe try getting one?
3. Literally why does everyone hate Dan so much. See previous statement.
4. Having a hissy fit every time Dan wears something expensive. See previous statement, I feel kind of sorry for this person being in the Phandom when they clearly don't get the fandom's humor.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
lilMango
morning quiff

bedhead91 wrote:
lilMango wrote: Also: Oqua, Spider and another account (sorry if you're one of us but it was a twitter account that I didn't recognize) tweeted a tumblr post that has apparently been receiving "drama" lately?

1. Labeling only Dan as being attracted to boys in order to prove Phan. Girl, fight me. How is picking up on the fact that Dan has mentioned being attracted to dudes about a million times in the past year mean you are Phan trash.
2. Only calling Dan a rat or trash and attacking anyone who tries to do the same with Phil. It's called having a sense of humor, maybe try getting one?
4. Having a hissy fit every time Dan wears something expensive. See previous statement, I feel kind of sorry for this person being in the Phandom when they clearly don't get the fandom's humor.
Exactly. This person takes everything way too seriously. I am very curious as to what kind of drama this post caused, though, because I am drama and I'm also bored
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

bedhead91 wrote:

This. One thing that is unique (and that I like) in the phandom is that a lot of people treat Dan's 'bi-ness' as separate from phan, if this makes sense. There are the people screaming 'they r so gay!1!1', and then there are the people saying, 'i appreciate how Dan is comfortably discussing his sexuality'. These are two different phenomenons.
crash[]
butt chair

lilMango wrote:Also: Oqua, Spider and another account (sorry if you're one of us but it was a twitter account that I didn't recognize) tweeted a tumblr post that has apparently been receiving "drama" lately?
I wanted to write an actually serious post about this, but then I saw the URL. I'm sorry, but I'm not taking anyone with the name "howellslittlekitten" (vom) as a person with a grounded, unbiased opinion.

Okay, satire out of the way: it is absolutely true that people romanticize phan to hell and back (and this isn't even a new topic, I think y'all literally discussed this a few days ago), and in all honesty, I don't understand why it happens. Does it have to do with idolizing Dan and Phil (which this person is definitely not above, by the way)? That's probably the most logical reason, at least.

Literally everything else about that post is god awful, though.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

spaceguitar wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:

This. One thing that is unique (and that I like) in the phandom is that a lot of people treat Dan's 'bi-ness' as separate from phan, if this makes sense. There are the people screaming 'they r so gay!1!1', and then there are the people saying, 'i appreciate how Dan is comfortably discussing his sexuality'. These are two different phenomenons.
Exactly, I find it incredibly annoying when people want to lump these two very separate groups of people into one, as if we are all thirteen-year-old fangirls who are going to cry if they get different partners. :roll: This is particularly because the latter are usually bi/pan people (including myself) who are delighted that Dan seems to be coming to terms with expressing his attraction so freely, whatever his sexuality may be. I don't give a shit if he's going to end up with Phil, a man, a woman, a Leviathan horror, or no one at all, as long he's happy.
As we've discussed before, the romanticization of co-dependency and jealous/possessive Dan is definitely gross and needs to stop, but its just a wider reflection of how often these troubling traits are romanticized in relationships in our society at large, and the Phandom is not specifically to blame for this. Especially because, forgive me, but quite a number of people in the fandom are very young and don't understand how healthy relationship dynamics work yet.
Last edited by coffee pig on Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

I don't know exactly how many people in their crew but if they have one bus with a double room and 6 bunks, it won't fit the whole crew. If there's only the tour crew, (stage manager, production manager, audio engineer, lighting tech, a runner or two, Security) that's at least 6 people, now adding the flipside manager and the merch crew? They need 2 buses to fit in all the people.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Please continue here
busy being happy~