Dan & Phil Part 7: Gator Girls Gone Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
chloek88
spork
Pronouns: she/her

hi all! i was active every so often over on GG, came here, made an account, then never posted. figured i'd jump back into things though. bless all of you dedicated, generous souls for the hard work you've put into this website. it's a far better place than GG and i know we all appreciate the time and effort it's taken to organize IDB.

i'm wet in the eyes with strange sadness and pride for dan and phil after that radio show. the intro with them walking through the bbc building with arcade fire playing in the background put me in an emotional state from the very start, and it was all downhill from there. i'm just so happy for them! i'm also strangely stressed out about what their future looks like though. i'm very interested to see what their post-tour life will be, since some of their comments have suggested it'll be different from pre-tatinof d&p's daily life.

anyway, it's a good time for dan and phil. they're such wonderful, positive people who create a lot of happiness, and i've been feeling very grateful for that recently. just hope this tour doesn't wear them down too much. they looked so weary and practically skeletal by the end of the UK tour :/

ps: lol at how genuinely unamused dan seemed after phil's "if you don't ding me i'll ding myself" comment. he looked Done With Life after phil said that.

BBC snapchat vids under the spoiler:
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

pixlexia wrote:
biatchqueen wrote:Ps does anyone know was that Ricky Dillon in the Nicki Minaj video?
It was actually :lol: You can watch it on youtube here:

It's honestly one of my favorite music videos they made.

I was getting pretty nostalgic during that show, not gonna lie. I may or may not have gotten a bit teary eyed, oops. I promise I'm not obsessive, the nostalgia just hits me like a bat. I mean, the whole Toxic ordeal is pretty cringey to me sometimes, but seeing them say their goodbyes with that playing?

Picking the girl up seems super interesting to me. It makes sense, but at the same time I can't help but think, how the heck did she land that? :lol: She's pretty young as well. Good for her though, and good luck for everyone on the tour. The bus (busses?) looks pretty nice, so that's good.
Thank you! I'd never seen that before I watched the radio show so I wasn't sure whether it was or not! Also, I'm mildly disappointed I'm a tol bean now, I'm reasonably tall for a woman but my brother and dad are both 6"4 so I know that compared to British men in the vicinity of 6"3 or possibly above I will forever be a smol bean (I'm thinking there may be a Phan reference I don't get but I'm sure the more vids I watch eventually I'll get it )
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

I loved the radio show. I've always liked their Supremacy video but I didn't realize that it was essentially their audition tape. Great mix of new bants and nostalgic clips.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
PolarFox
truth bomb

All I had to say about the radioshow was already said. So sad to see it go. Also Ben Cook was tweeting about it soo much...
I've got a question though. What was the song that played in the intro when they were walking through the BBC building?
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, those snapchats are wonderful, love seeing them just talking, Dan stretching his legs and Phil's run and hop in the 7sc
aralik
sad dimple

PolarFox wrote: I've got a question though. What was the song that played in the intro when they were walking through the BBC building?
arcade fire-ready to start

what a nice show it was! i didn't use to watch them back in the times when they did 2 hours every sunday but i watched a lot of them on youtube on my lunch breaks. hope they come back with something similar to radio 1
ugh.
lilMango
morning quiff

Is there any place where I can watch the show? A bit of a n00b question, I know, but I would much rather see their faces than just listen to the audio.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
l8er_sk8er
delia smith

PolarFox wrote:All I had to say about the radioshow was already said. So sad to see it go. Also Ben Cook was tweeting about it soo much...
I've got a question though. What was the song that played in the intro when they were walking through the BBC building?
Here. It was Arcade Fire's song. One of Dan's favourite music groups.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

lilMango wrote:Is there any place where I can watch the show? A bit of a n00b question, I know, but I would much rather see their faces than just listen to the audio.
Phanshows on Youtube usually uploads them.
mez29
procrastinator

This image is at the end of the Radio 1 tumblr post—does it mean anything? I assume it's a pair of "internet news" glasses but why are both their names tippexed onto it?

(Sorry if I'm missing something, I don't always catch up with the radio stuff)
majitzu
angel bean

lilMango wrote:Is there any place where I can watch the show? A bit of a n00b question, I know, but I would much rather see their faces than just listen to the audio.

phanshows on youtube always upload them, she will upload the radio show later https://www.youtube.com/user/fantasticxfoursome
lilMango
morning quiff

thanks SquishPhan and majitzu!
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Picture from yesterday(?) from Cat's instagram:

Captioned: we decided to take a selfie while dan was looking for his shirt
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
majitzu
angel bean

Here is the video of the intro of the Internet Takeover, in case phanshows cut that bit

http://peachou.tumblr.com/post/14339597 ... over-intro
grannypants
living flop

chloek88 wrote: anyway, it's a good time for dan and phil. they're such wonderful, positive people who create a lot of happiness, and i've been feeling very grateful for that recently.
could not agree with this more they really do deserve all the wonderful things that come their way also hi! :welcome:
"don't mind me, just having a little float" - dan howell
fancybum
senpai

bluebox-away wrote:Picture from yesterday(?) from Cat's instagram:

Captioned: we decided to take a selfie while dan was looking for his shirt
They're both so pretty aw nice pic. Why was Dan looking for a shirt though.

Best pic to come out of today's meetup: This person is my new personal hero.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
majitzu
angel bean

I knew it!
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

bluebox-away wrote:
Damn Phil
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

majitzu wrote:I knew it!
If that's true they really need to work on agreeing on the story before they get tested on it
SquishPhan
capita£ester

sweetmm wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:
Damn Phil
He is just looking extra great lately. to me anyway
BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:
If that's true they really need to work on agreeing on the story before they get tested on it
I can see this happening, for people always so worried about the most unnecessary things, they often don't align their stories well.
corn flakes
moon room

majitzu wrote:Here is the video of the intro of the Internet Takeover, in case phanshows cut that bit

http://peachou.tumblr.com/post/14339597 ... over-intro

Now , 'night
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
majitzu
angel bean

Phanshows just upload the video

Is 6:45 pm and I say to myself I was going to start studying at 4 ... *sight* ttfn
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

This is hilarious! I'm now starting to wonder whether it's all intentional though. I thought at the time that the "one tv" tweets sounded almost like kind of " We know that you know that we know that you know we're going to have to share a room so we're making a joke of it."
If that were the case then this could be intentional confirmation that those tweets were joking.
IDK does that even make sense?
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

bluntedclaws wrote:
This is hilarious! I'm now starting to wonder whether it's all intentional though. I thought at the time that the "one tv" tweets sounded almost like kind of " We know that you know that we know that you know we're going to have to share a room so we're making a joke of it."
If that were the case then this could be intentional confirmation that those tweets were joking.
IDK does that even make sense?

I think I understand what you're saying, and I kind of agreed. I was surprised at the tweets upsetting people, but I get where people came from. When I saw it, I thought it was sort of them announcing that the tour bus only has one nice room (because we'd find out about it either way, might as well just make our jobs easier and explain it beforehand) and sort of pointing out that they're inevitably going to share the room, whether it's as best mates or bfs or whatever the heck, but doing so in a funny/joking way.

But who knows, maybe they aren't even sharing rooms. I'm just a fan forever stuck trying to read between the tweets. :sideeye:
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Omg does anyone know if this is real/ an edit?
(funny post)
http://cringe-attacks.tumblr.com/post/1 ... akeover-by