Dan & Phil Part 8: Clickedy-dick

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Lain
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: So basically the only consistent thing everyone can find is that buses don't come with two bedrooms.
That's the only conclusion I could come to, yep.
phamnotof wrote: I will never be tired of the bus talk until it's figured out for sure. :D Does this one you found come in red? They appear to be travelling in the red one, or at least they got out of it in Jacksonville.

(Also, I love that we're just trying so hard to find the thing they described to us... two bedrooms in at least a kind of similar bus... and yet... it's nowhere to be found... )
I could only find one in red (like, cherry red), but it was another 12 bunk!

I'm sure given a few more days (and a few more bus sightings), we'll have completely debunked Dan's tweet. :lol:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Dark maroon is the bus on whereas the dark blue/black is the crew as the crew guy tweeted that bus. I had seen many tour bus and had never came across one that has 2 bedrooms, I think when Dan tweeted he forgot to put a comma in the sentence ;)

I'm waiting for a phanrazzi photo of all their vehicles together; seriously it is quite impressive as they are sponsoring their US Tour and they doing it big
akui
blobfish

I gave up on searching for buses cuz I found out that Prevost LeMirage XLII Entertainer series are just shells, inside is up for conversion. So we have no way of knowing the layout UNLESS we find out where they rented the bus. But i'm sure we can because we are sherlocks.

But normally they come with 12 bunks or 6 bunks + a room.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

akui wrote:I gave up on searching for buses cuz I found out that Prevost LeMirage XLII Entertainer series are just shells, inside is up for conversion. So we have no way of knowing the layout UNLESS we find out where they rented the bus. But i'm sure we can because we are sherlocks.

Yeah I realized a lot of the inside is up for conversion but just given everything that needs to fit inside a bus (sitting area, kitchen area, bathroom) the conversion options are limited. You basically have the option for a bedroom plus bunks or only bunks and I've never seen one converted to have the second bunk area also be a bedroom. (Or the front lounge area be a bedroom.) It's not impossible, just seems unlikely given the information we currently have.
swofro
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote:
akui wrote:I gave up on searching for buses cuz I found out that Prevost LeMirage XLII Entertainer series are just shells, inside is up for conversion. So we have no way of knowing the layout UNLESS we find out where they rented the bus. But i'm sure we can because we are sherlocks.

Yeah I realized a lot of the inside is up for conversion but just given everything that needs to fit inside a bus (sitting area, kitchen area, bathroom) the conversion options are limited. You basically have the option for a bedroom plus bunks or only bunks and I've never seen one converted to have the second bunk area also be a bedroom. (Or the front lounge area be a bedroom.) It's not impossible, just seems unlikely given the information we currently have.
But the real question is, is it possible to convert the queen bed into two single bed? ;)
Love is forever
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

Well, if we agree that a bus with two bedrooms doesn't exist, at least one of the busses has to be a one-bedroom-and-several-bunks layout.
The other one could be the same or only bunks.

What i would like to know is how the people are divided on the buses.

I'd like to believe that they wouldn't make martyn and cornelia sleep in bunks, because martyn is about as tall as they are and he is part owner of IRL, that has to count for something. That would mean that the second bus is the same layout and Martyn+Cornelia are in the bedroom there.
So IF the second bus has a bedroom too, that means have to share their bus with strangers, i don't think they can have a bus alone.
IF the second bus is only bunks, then Martyn and Cornalia could be in the bus with them and the rest of the crew would be in the second bus (12 bunks could probs fit all). In that case, maybe they have sofas that turn into beds for Martyn and Cornelia? Then they all have bigger beds and don't have to sleep in bunks.

So many possibilities and it's none of my business, but i really want to know :lol:

EDIT: And if they make a video, they could pretend one of them has the bedroom and the other sleeps on the sofabed, and ignore that Martyn and Cornelia sleep there. That could work.
Last edited by wtfamidoinghere on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DryCereal
koi pond

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

All this bus talk. Need to properly read it all.
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Funny thing is some of the phandom might not even know what a VHS is haha

Jokes aside but this might help. Looking for a bus with a VHS player.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Quick note: the stage set and lighting equipment is pretty elaborate for this show, so having two tractor-trailer / 18 wheelers to transport all their gear would not surprise me. Re: the tour bus(es): while it's fun to speculate who will ultimately win the battle for the bedroom, keep in mind that tours typically use hotels for catching real sleep and showering, interviews, etc. when the schedule allows. Anyway, the crew bus might be on site more often providing support at the venue, while the star bus rolls up at the appropriate time. But there are so many variations to the formula - it just depends on their needs.
phamnotof
morning quiff

wtfamidoinghere wrote:Well, if we agree that a bus with two bedrooms doesn't exist, at least one of the busses has to be a one-bedroom-and-several-bunks layout.
there *are* tour buses with two bedrooms, rare as they are - I'm sorry I don't remember who originally linked this & looking for it'd be hell - http://senatorscoaches.com/#prettyPhoto: if you look at "star coaches", there's bunks, bathrooms, lounge areas and 2 bedrooms, but I have no way of knowing if it could all fit in the bus they've rented.
phamnotof
morning quiff

well... dedication, I suppose?
akui
blobfish

Seriously I believe they have two 6 bunk + 1br buses, they are not monsters, Matynelia also deserve double beds. And it's more efficient if Martynelia take the merch crew and half of the procution crew, while deppy take the other half of the production crew, their flipside manager and securities. Plus IRL Digital what IRL Digital, more like Lesters Ltd amiright ;)
Lain
eclipse shirt

Kathrynxjane wrote: Jokes aside but this might help. Looking for a bus with a VHS player.
The 6 bunk I linked to earlier has a VCR.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

phamnotof wrote: well... dedication, I suppose?
I for one don't believe it. :sideeye:
It would just make much more sense to share the room, even if they are just friends. At least that is what I would do.
PolarFox
truth bomb

Poor Dan's body, if he has to sleep in a bunk. Also ofc he let his youtube senpai have the better room
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
akui
blobfish

SquishPhan wrote:
It would just make much more sense to share the room, even if they are just friends. At least that is what I would do.
Yeah, seriously someone send them a guidebook of how to be platonic friends, do they have no real life friends or what, this is even more suspicious than sharing a room.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

phamnotof wrote:
wtfamidoinghere wrote:Well, if we agree that a bus with two bedrooms doesn't exist, at least one of the busses has to be a one-bedroom-and-several-bunks layout.
there *are* tour buses with two bedrooms, rare as they are - I'm sorry I don't remember who originally linked this & looking for it'd be hell - http://senatorscoaches.com/#prettyPhoto: if you look at "star coaches", there's bunks, bathrooms, lounge areas and 2 bedrooms, but I have no way of knowing if it could all fit in the bus they've rented.
I'm just gonna believe that, because all i see there is pictures of different buses and none of them look like they have a second bedroom, guess i'm blind
EDIT: I understand the intense denial of the sleeping arrangement, because if the phandom thought they are sharing a bed (platonic or not) they'd lose their shit, i'm sure. But yeah, it's a bit over the top :lol:
But just imagine, you have been careful to always get seperate beds when travelling together to not look suspicious and then you run into a situation where sharing a bed is kind of inevitable, i'd be overcompensating too.
Last edited by wtfamidoinghere on Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DryCereal
koi pond

Phil... Just... Don't... :facepalm:

I give up with these two. Honestly I do.
fancybum
senpai

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Phil... Just... Don't... :facepalm:

I'm exasperated and you know what my headcanon is now? They're bullshitting the people they're touring with and therefore aren't even lying because they're keeping up appearances with these people on the bus.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I hope the tweet is just because they realized they fucked up answering the fan yesterday and needed to get a firm response out there ahead of more questions.

And I also hope that's the end of them addressing it, because I get why and I'm sympathetic to them not wanting to deal with all the questions, but ugh.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

akui wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
Yeah, seriously someone send them a guidebook of how to be platonic friends, do they have no real life friends or what, this is even more suspicious than sharing a room.
They really have no clue how platonic friends behave. Maybe that is what you get when you only ever hang out with other couples. :lol:
DryCereal
koi pond

fancybum wrote:

I'm exasperated and you know what my headcanon is now? They're bullshitting the people they're touring with and therefore aren't even lying because they're keeping up appearances with these people on the bus.
I just can't see any logic in responding to, and/or bringing attention to the separate bedroom AGAIN. :roll:
akui
blobfish

fancybum wrote:

Because they want to keep up the appearances so that Martyn have to squeeze inside a bunk? Well screw them.
sweetmm
angel bean

Not sure whether this been posted here
phamnotof
morning quiff

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
fancybum wrote:

I just can't see any logic in responding to, and/or bringing attention to the separate bedroom AGAIN. :roll:
basically all of his @replies were about it, so I suppose it might have been an attempt to move on? not that it worked, but... :D