Dan & Phil Part 10: Moist Sloppy Niagara Fun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hunnyftw
phabergé

Yeah PolarFox, you're probably right; at first I didn't pay much attention to it and assumed it was the dog's birthday date (idek why) but now you've mentioned it, this definitely looks like a phone number. Anyway, I don't care about dogs at all (I'm more of a crazy cat lady) but even I can see that this one is cute
And now that we know there's about 0.5% chance of a deppy&dog photo it's all I want to see. but I still don't care about dogs, remember that! ;)

Also, massive thank you to everyone who took part in the shipbaiting/phanbaiting discussion. The topic will probably return in about 10 pages, as it always does, but this particular round was especially interesting to me and I feel some of you brought up new points which blows my mind seeing that it was about fifth time this was discussed on IDB.
Poe
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Lain wrote:From Juliet Kozlow (one of the merch girl)'s Instagram:
With the caption: "FINALLY met the tour dog Gypsy. She is perfection. I Gypsy."

I need to know more about this Gypsy. What is a tour dog??
Oh me oh my. What do we have here? I went off idb for 3 hours and now there is a tour dog out of nowhere, you guys really move fast. Now we need to know more information about this dog I need to go stalking

Also she is a cutie and she has Dan's aesthetic all over her such black, much white
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh wow, a tour dog. That is precious. I love the sound of a photoshoot with her in a meadow. The photo of Dan with the pug, the way he's looking down away from the camera, is so beautiful, we could definitely go for more dog pics.
Lain
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote:This was almost impossible to screencap since the camera's panning but I love these unguarded/not camera-aware expressions.

moonlitdan on Tumblr posted a gif of this lovely moment (I just slowed it down a bit):
Phil's expression
PolarFox
truth bomb

Lain wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:This was almost impossible to screencap since the camera's panning but I love these unguarded/not camera-aware expressions.

moonlitdan on Tumblr posted a gif of this lovely moment (I just slowed it down a bit):
Phil's expression
Why is Phil sitting so close to that potato sack (very cute potato sack for that matter)

And yeah hunnyftw, idk why but it was the first thing I noticed. But it's really cute dog and I want deppy selfie with it.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
DryCereal
koi pond

That place name has made me smile every time I've seen it. Glad I'm not the only one. :D

But brace yourselves guys...
Philly NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :facepalm:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote: That place name has made me smile every time I've seen it. Glad I'm not the only one. :D

I'm not surprised by this. :lol:
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

bluntedclaws wrote:I loved your post fancybum. I found myself nodding and reaching for the 'thanks' button about a dozen times. (Oh how I miss that button) The only bit that I didn't 100% agree with was this:
fancybum wrote:And what are people even calling shipbait these days with phan? That 'trash ranking' tweet was not shipbaiting; acknowledging a ship and teasing a ship are very different things. There's no point in pretending they're not aware of people shipping the fuck out of them; acknowledging the jokes and occasionally joining in (completely harmlessly in this case) just seems like a nice interaction with their audience.
I don't really get how joining in with shippers is any different from ship baiting? I mean, in some instances I do, like the 'Phan baby names' thing. That really was just Dan enjoying a fun interaction. but in Phil's the last video when Louise said 'or not accidentally' about groping Phil's butt and Dan made a HUGE show of agreeing with her and then Phil not only left it in during editing but zoomed in on him. IMO that was either ship-baiting or they are really trying to slowly come out.
I don't want to drag back an old conversation, but do people think that Dan winking at the 'purposeful-butt-touching' comment was ship baiting? I didn't get that impression at all. In fact, I didn't get any Phan vibe from that moment. I feel like Dan would have winked like that even if the person was not Phil. It was a jokey wink.
majitzu
angel bean

spaceguitar wrote:
bluntedclaws wrote:I loved your post fancybum. I found myself nodding and reaching for the 'thanks' button about a dozen times. (Oh how I miss that button) The only bit that I didn't 100% agree with was this:
fancybum wrote:And what are people even calling shipbait these days with phan? That 'trash ranking' tweet was not shipbaiting; acknowledging a ship and teasing a ship are very different things. There's no point in pretending they're not aware of people shipping the fuck out of them; acknowledging the jokes and occasionally joining in (completely harmlessly in this case) just seems like a nice interaction with their audience.
I don't really get how joining in with shippers is any different from ship baiting? I mean, in some instances I do, like the 'Phan baby names' thing. That really was just Dan enjoying a fun interaction. but in Phil's the last video when Louise said 'or not accidentally' about groping Phil's butt and Dan made a HUGE show of agreeing with her and then Phil not only left it in during editing but zoomed in on him. IMO that was either ship-baiting or they are really trying to slowly come out.
I don't want to drag back an old conversation, but do people think that Dan winking at the 'purposeful-butt-touching' comment was ship baiting? I didn't get that impression at all. In fact, I didn't get any Phan vibe from that moment. I feel like Dan would have winked like that even if the person was not Phil. It was a jokey wink.
Same. But yes there is people that think that is some kind of baiting. Everything is baiting!!!
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

majitzu wrote:
spaceguitar wrote:
Same. But yes there is people that think that is some kind of baiting. Everything is baiting!!!
Mmm...I didn't see this moment as baiting at all, but well, people are entitled to have their own opinion and to be respected for it

And now that we all have agreed to respectfully disagree, what the hell is this thing in the background, next to the emoji plush? It was nagging me a bit during the video. Looks like a bottle of wine with a picture of Phil? :wtf:

Edit: I just noticed...Dan's face is goals
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

spaceguitar wrote: I don't want to drag back an old conversation, but do people think that Dan winking at the 'purposeful-butt-touching' comment was ship baiting? I didn't get that impression at all. In fact, I didn't get any Phan vibe from that moment. I feel like Dan would have winked like that even if the person was not Phil. It was a jokey wink.
If Dan had done that with anyone else I would have just shrugged and not thought anything of it. It's the fact that he did that with PHIL, knowing full well how people blow everything out of proportion, that made me consider it a bit baitey. The point I was trying to make anyway is, where is the line between "joining in with shippers" and "ship-baiting"?
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
mazza1506
crusty sponge

hey y'all sorry to totally ignore the current topic :| but...

I thought I would finally post something again and didn't know whether to put it here or in the TATINOF topic but I think it's less about TATINOF and more about them so here it goes

Anyhoo a few of you know that I was going to post about my experience of meeting D&P and the aftermath and I basically kept putting it off mainly due to the fact that I was angry....like pretty much rage style (I literally never get angry however the few times I have it's been full on Hulk style)

luckily that feeling has passed now lol.

so yeah I don't want to make this a ridiculously long post (edit: it is a long post) so I shall do what I used to do on GG and bullet point that shit

- I met D&P with Human and missemma whilst we were in New York
- I am horrifically awkward with new people and will tend to be almost rude on a first meeting unless I've had a couple of drinks
- This proven by the first thing me saying to Phil "you look cold" in a way that could be construed as "you look like f*cking sh*t" (why am i like this?)
- and then proceeded that weather conversation and when human said me and her had got burnt Dan said "relatable" I literally death stared him and then rolled my eyes and then said "why are we being so british and talking about the weather" in quite an exasberated tone. (seriously why am i like this?! lol)
- anyhoo phil was charming and sweet and I just kind of stared at Dan....like I was assessing him or something...which subconsciously I was looking back on it now
- bring on the token photos etc etc etc (hurrah for no hugging though)

so after this I felt all weird and shakey and suddenly though oh my god am i fangirling right now...but i realised it was something else but couldn't put my finger on it...

we then saw the show and though hurrah fabulous alcohol dancing singing mess. I kind of pushed the weird thoughts to the back of my head and very much enjoyed the show.

then me and human went to Boston and the thoughts all came flooding back as soon as I saw Dan come onto the stage. It was loud. It was packed. in my opinion it was waaaaay louder than New York and definitely more busy (a true sold out show) and for a split second I saw this fear in Dan's eyes and then *snap* it was gone and the show continued....however it was so polished....like too polished...almost like they were trying for every single thing to be perfect and i started to get restless and almost pissed off. after the show me and human drank more and I felt myself getting angrier and angrier (again I apologise human so so much! I had to inform her that it wasn't her causing my weird mood!)

And then I finally realised what it was that bothered me. Don’t get me wrong I know that the characters D&P portray in videos and liveshows and at TATINOF are just that - characters of themselves. It’s their brand and that’s fine - I enjoy it - why else would I be subscribed and fly over 3000 miles to see them...in two different states. However for some reason it reeeeeeeeeeeally grated on me seeing just how different Dan is in person. He was quiet, awkward, almost backing away - such a huge difference to how he acts at organised meet and greets.

Now I feel bad for not mentioning Phil until now but that’s because I can’t really say anything bad about him. He was sweet and warm and even with my opening half insult in our meeting just a nice guy.

So basically I pretty much had a rage fest regarding the fact that I thought Dan is ridiculously fake and not himself and I basically lost sleep over it :-|

Fast forward almost a week later and I had some sort of epiphany and feel like a bit of a shit for being so angry. I basically met Dan and Phil. Like the actual Daniel and Philip. No bright lights, no screaming and crying girls, no paying over $100 for the pleasure. Because it was so random and not organised it put them on the spot (I kinda feel a bit guilty about this but meh) and they couldn’t get their “game faces” on so just had a normal conversation with three women (aside from Dan’s “relatable” comment but I guess my death stare curbed that lol) they didn’t even ask if we wanted photos etc...we just chatted and it was missemma who actually prompted them and i was a bit like “oh yeah lol”

So I guess my point is.....is there a point to this? Im still trying to work that out.....but i think the gist of it is that it reminded me that they are just two normal guys and that the whole thing of Dan saying he is awkward etc isn’t a load of crap coz my god the vibes off that boy was just....yeah. So I have to give them both maaajor kudos for embarking on this huuuuuge tour and doing all the stuff they have to do....I am interested in to how this will change them because honestly I think it will change them A LOT.

As a final thought...I am someone who has shipped them - main reason literally being that I hope they are together because fuck spending literally every moment with one person for 6 years and not being in love (that’s a very condensed conclusion of my reasoning btw) however interestingly missemma asked me after meeting them “so do you think they’re together after meeting them” and I suddenly had to stop in my tracks (literally) and said “.....no” was really odd. However i put this down to not having that at the fore front of my brain when talking to them...maybe....I have no fricking idea tbh lol

So there we go....god what a shit post...it’s kind of nice to write it all down though tbh but goodness knows what you guys are gonna think and what human and missemma are going to think because I kind of haven’t even told them properly what my opinions were....and I think they’re vastly different from theirs but hey that’s a good thing I think...

So there we have it....carry on as normal kids :-)

P.s did you see how I totally gave up subconsciously on the bullet pointing and just went full blown rant? Haha! #sorrynotsorry

P.p.s I am not trying to diss anyone who has paid for M&G so sorry if it came across like that - i personally have NEVER paid for a M&G with anyone and don’t believe in doing so.....especially after this experience....
Ticia
suspended

Thank you mazza1506 for your insight, we were lacking some sort of opinion on Tatinof that wasn't 100% everything was perfect. (Don't get me wrong, it's really great that everybody, fan or not, seems to have such a high opinion of the show) :platonic:

And as a little phan trash, I can't help but ask: what made you change your mind?
Amazinglyonfire
tol bean

Thanks for your thoughts Maz

Look ... I think this was a classic example of the facade not matching the perception, and when you interact with someone personally it is much harder for them to be fake without the barrier of the camera. It's one of those things that I had to face when I met a hero of mine years ago, and I'm actually glad it happened because I relaxed about caring out them in a deep way and understood that everyone is human.

Now, as to whether they are together? I'll say it again it really doesn't matter. Never has. I think they are both aware that when they separate it will be the end and they are making the most of things while they have it. That's ok by me.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

mazza1506 wrote:Fast forward almost a week later and I had some sort of epiphany and feel like a bit of a shit for being so angry. I basically met Dan and Phil. Like the actual Daniel and Philip. No bright lights, no screaming and crying girls, no paying over $100 for the pleasure. Because it was so random and not organised it put them on the spot (I kinda feel a bit guilty about this but meh) and they couldn’t get their “game faces” on so just had a normal conversation with three women (aside from Dan’s “relatable” comment but I guess my death stare curbed that lol) they didn’t even ask if we wanted photos etc...we just chatted and it was missemma who actually prompted them and i was a bit like “oh yeah lol”
The thing about this is that - you met a version of Dan and Phil. I don't really think that version was necessarily any more or less real than the version people at meet and greets get to see, though. They will be different in a group setting with fans hyping the energy than they will be in a fan who approach them in a quieter setting on the street. But they'd also be different if you met them and you were a friend, or if you were a family member, or if they were at a party drunk, or if you were in a professional setting, or if you were the receptionist in a doctor's office, etc etc. We all put on different faces for different people and different circumstances. No one is exactly the same person from every scenario to the next. What makes us up as people are all the faces we have for all the situations that we'll find ourselves in.

I don't at all doubt that Dan puts on a game face when going to a meet and greet/going onstage, but it doesn't seem any less like a real part of Dan than the guy on the street. It's just the part of him that he chooses to project on that stage as part of his job.
starlight-still
truth bomb

SquishPhan wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote: That place name has made me smile every time I've seen it. Glad I'm not the only one. :D

I'm not surprised by this. :lol:
:lol: Phil. Ohh but he didn't fail in his quest to collect those little pokey-men, did he now?
mazza1506 wrote: So I guess my point is.....is there a point to this? Im still trying to work that out.....but i think the gist of it is that it reminded me that they are just two normal guys and that the whole thing of Dan saying he is awkward etc isn’t a load of crap coz my god the vibes off that boy was just....yeah. So I have to give them both maaajor kudos for embarking on this huuuuuge tour and doing all the stuff they have to do....I am interested in to how this will change them because honestly I think it will change them A LOT.
mazza1506, thank you for sharing your honest opinions and reflections on meeting D&P. I never have and probably never will meet them but even though I'm just some random who likes their work (coughandappearancecough) and posts reactions to them on here and social media, I can see what you're saying about how huge this is. I actually paused for a moment yesterday after looking at some of the M&G photos and thought...they're doing it. They're really doing it. They made it all happen. They're an inspiration.
Last edited by starlight-still on Wed May 11, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mazza1506
crusty sponge

alittledizzy wrote:
mazza1506 wrote:Fast forward almost a week later and I had some sort of epiphany and feel like a bit of a shit for being so angry. I basically met Dan and Phil. Like the actual Daniel and Philip. No bright lights, no screaming and crying girls, no paying over $100 for the pleasure. Because it was so random and not organised it put them on the spot (I kinda feel a bit guilty about this but meh) and they couldn’t get their “game faces” on so just had a normal conversation with three women (aside from Dan’s “relatable” comment but I guess my death stare curbed that lol) they didn’t even ask if we wanted photos etc...we just chatted and it was missemma who actually prompted them and i was a bit like “oh yeah lol”
The thing about this is that - you met a version of Dan and Phil. I don't really think that version was necessarily any more or less real than the version people at meet and greets get to see, though. They will be different in a group setting with fans hyping the energy than they will be in a fan who approach them in a quieter setting on the street. But they'd also be different if you met them and you were a friend, or if you were a family member, or if they were at a party drunk, or if you were in a professional setting, or if you were the receptionist in a doctor's office, etc etc. We all put on different faces for different people and different circumstances. No one is exactly the same person from every scenario to the next. What makes us up as people are all the faces we have for all the situations that we'll find ourselves in.

I don't at all doubt that Dan puts on a game face when going to a meet and greet/going onstage, but it doesn't seem any less like a real part of Dan than the guy on the street. It's just the part of him that he chooses to project on that stage as part of his job.
this is so true. see again being better at putting words down than me! :lol:
phamnotof
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote:The thing about this is that - you met a version of Dan and Phil. I don't really think that version was necessarily any more or less real than the version people at meet and greets get to see, though. They will be different in a group setting with fans hyping the energy than they will be in a fan who approach them in a quieter setting on the street. But they'd also be different if you met them and you were a friend, or if you were a family member, or if they were at a party drunk, or if you were in a professional setting, or if you were the receptionist in a doctor's office, etc etc. We all put on different faces for different people and different circumstances. No one is exactly the same person from every scenario to the next. What makes us up as people are all the faces we have for all the situations that we'll find ourselves in.

Bless you, bless you, I was going to try & verbalize a though similar to this one but I would never be able to do it this well & yes, yes yes. Also yes. Did I mention yes? Because I kinda agree. In case you couldn't tell. There's on one real and constant you, we're ever-growing and ever-shrinking, inconsistent and circumstance-driven messes made up of contradictions just trying to nagivate our way through life. A persona's no more fake than your work face or and your fandom voice. It's just parts of you, hightened and packaged in a way that are marketable and digestable. They're still real. They're fictional, too, but so am I & so are you. We're all just writing ourselves into a narrative that makes sense to us & that allows us to do the things that we want to. Nobody's just one thing, always.

Also, Dan and Phil, man. One of my favorite things about them, in all seriousness, is that there's so much to unpack. They're interesting humans, complex and complicated, so so layered and just getting to see that, getting to see what they're made up of, and how all of those worlds can exist within two people - it really puts me in awe. They're special humans in ways that exist outside of money and fame and entertainment. It's just amazing to see for me, because as awesome as cats are, I do still think that people are what make our world pretty special.

See? Told you I wasn't gonna make sense.
mazza1506
crusty sponge

Ticia wrote:Thank you mazza1506 for your insight, we were lacking some sort of opinion on Tatinof that wasn't 100% everything was perfect. (Don't get me wrong, it's really great that everybody, fan or not, seems to have such a high opinion of the show) :platonic:

And as a little phan trash, I can't help but ask: what made you change your mind?
soz for the double post but what made me change my mind about what? whether they're together? if so.... Honestly I have no idea. Like I didn't expect them to appear in front of us holding hands or anything. I guess looking back at it they had this space between them and Dan standing slightly back...it was the furthest away from each other I'd seen them lol but then that could be due to the impromptu situation. I guess in all other instances I've seen Dan gravitate towards Phil in an almost "protect me" style so yeah. It was just different
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

starlight-still wrote:
mazza1506 wrote: So I guess my point is.....is there a point to this? Im still trying to work that out.....but i think the gist of it is that it reminded me that they are just two normal guys and that the whole thing of Dan saying he is awkward etc isn’t a load of crap coz my god the vibes off that boy was just....yeah. So I have to give them both maaajor kudos for embarking on this huuuuuge tour and doing all the stuff they have to do....I am interested in to how this will change them because honestly I think it will change them A LOT.
mazza1506, thank you for sharing your honest opinions and reflections on meeting D&P. I never have and probably never will meet them but even though I'm just some random who likes their work (coughandappearancecough) and posts reactions to them on here and social media, I can see what you're saying about how huge this is. I actually paused for a moment yesterday after looking at some of the M&G photos and thought...they're doing it. They're really doing it. They made it all happen. They're an inspiration.
Ok semi long post ahead read at your own will:
Thank you once again mazza1506 for your wonderful insight on meeting D & P. As someone who is also going to TATINOF in June and planning a trip to VidCon next year I greatly appreciated it. It must be weird seeing two boys you have watched for a certain time period and in my case 6 years in real life. The whole realization oh my god they're real people literally struck me. I mean of course I understand they are real people. They're just two British dudes, but just seeing them in real life would be such a shock for me because they're not on my screen. I don't know if I will meet D & P ever either but I also enjoyed reading this.
Honestly, is it weird or am I the only one that doesn't want to meet them IRL? I would find it so bone breaking awkward. I'm just some person thats been watching them for 6 years and for the most part critically analyzing them. I'm a naturally withdrawn and shy person and the combo of Dan also being awkward would be an explosion of awkwardness. Maybe Phil could break the tension a bit he seems a bit more social with fans. The main reason I don't want meet them is because I only see them on their videos or M & G's experiences and photos. Tt's their job to draw more fans in and keep the fans they have happy and satisfied. (I mean they're trying to market the whole D & P thing. Well to me it seems, they're becoming themselves a brand.) I just don't want to be disappointed and be like that's not the person I saw online. And of course I know they're not going to be the same person online. It's just an act or personality they have on the internet.
If I were to meet them depending on time place and such I'd probably just pretend to be a random person not knowing who they are and try to talk and converse with them like at a restaurant or bar or something. I'd be pretty interested in having an experience like that, plain old conversation no talk of youtube, being a fan and such. I mean it's not going to happen I know that but I can dream :D
Similar to what alittledizzy it also depends where and when you meet them. A casual meet outside, with your parents, seeing them at a party, and so on. It honestly all really depends on the situation and the people. People react differently in different settings and such. For example, you can't expect each experience meeting them to be the same for each fan. I'm sure the M & G's are all jazzed up and they're prepared of course. (Fans paying 100+ to meet them, money does talk.)

I mean there's only so much we can know from seeing them for a few seconds to minutes and as a someone who likes to analyze everything way too much, I just crave to really know them but that's impossible and you can only learn so much from a distance. What am I gonna do move next door and become the third roommate? I could really learn all about the boys. They're human after all and just two interesting young lads.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Thanks for sharing your thoughts mazza1506I read your entire post twice. I'm sorry that the experience upset you so much but I love that you came out of it on a positive note.
I have amazing respect for both of them for embarking on this tour. As well as what you noticed about Dan, there were those comments from Martyn a couple of weeks ago about how Phil has gone from being one of the shyest people in his family to doing this massive tour. They've both put themselves way out of their comfort zone and I hope they're really really proud of themselves.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
Ticia
suspended

Dan incubus confirmed
mazza1506
crusty sponge

bluntedclaws wrote:Thanks for sharing your thoughts mazza1506I read your entire post twice. I'm sorry that the experience upset you so much but I love that you came out of it on a positive note.
I have amazing respect for both of them for embarking on this tour. As well as what you noticed about Dan, there were those comments from Martyn a couple of weeks ago about how Phil has gone from being one of the shyest people in his family to doing this massive tour. They've both put themselves way out of their comfort zone and I hope they're really really proud of themselves.
oh don't get me wrong I wasn't upset (sorry if it sounded like I was) and I don't regret anything or how it all panned out because honestly I now feel I have a greater appreciation for what they do (even if I still have reservations towards Dan's persona etc) which is the most important thing as you guys are all saying.

for me the whole experience was like they talk about in movie terms - "breaking the 4th wall" that is literally the perfect description of the whole thing...in a movie it's really weird and jarring when it happens so this had the same impact I guess.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lavenderpetals wrote:Honestly, is it weird or am I the only one that doesn't want to meet them IRL? I would find it so bone breaking awkward. I'm just some person thats been watching them for 6 years and for the most part critically analyzing them. I'm a naturally withdrawn and shy person and the combo of Dan also being awkward would be an explosion of awkwardness. Maybe Phil could break the tension a bit he seems a bit more social with fans. The main reason I don't want meet them is because I only see them on their videos or M & G's experiences and photos. Tt's their job to draw more fans in and keep the fans they have happy and satisfied. (I mean they're trying to market the whole D & P thing. Well to me it seems, they're becoming themselves a brand.) I just don't want to be disappointed and be like that's not the person I saw online. And of course I know they're not going to be the same person online. It's just an act or personality they have on the internet.
I think for me setup meet and greets are fine because my intention in meeting them isn't to feel like I know something special or extra about them, or make any kind of connection. I literally just want the chance to see them up close. I am awkward, Dan is awkward, but that's exactly why I do like the structured 'I give you money, you give me a few seconds, we both know how this works' arrangement. There is no expectation for me to try and be special or memorable and they understand that what I'm after is a hug and a photo and there won't be any awkward silences or drawing it out. There's no pressure in a cookie cutter situation like that.

This is absolutely personal opinion, by the way, I'm not casting judgement on anyone for how they view these things. For me, the idea of seeing them out on the street or just bumping into them would be a million times more stressful and make me way more anxious. I don't want to interrupt their private time. I don't want to make them uncomfortable or catch them off guard when they aren't prepared to deal with fans. I don't even want to see a split second of wincing on their face as they realize they now have to make small talk (awkwardly, naturally, bc I am shy and quiet) with someone they've never met before and will never meet again or watch them struggle to end the conversation when they'd like to get away but don't want to see rude. I would never want to walk away feeling like I inconvenienced them, and with a meet and greet I've paid for that worry is alleviated.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

lavenderpetals wrote:Honestly, is it weird or am I the only one that doesn't want to meet them IRL? I would find it so bone breaking awkward. I'm just some person thats been watching them for 6 years and for the most part critically analyzing them. I'm a naturally withdrawn and shy person and the combo of Dan also being awkward would be an explosion of awkwardness. Maybe Phil could break the tension a bit he seems a bit more social with fans. The main reason I don't want meet them is because I only see them on their videos or M & G's experiences and photos. Tt's their job to draw more fans in and keep the fans they have happy and satisfied. (I mean they're trying to market the whole D & P thing. Well to me it seems, they're becoming themselves a brand.) I just don't want to be disappointed and be like that's not the person I saw online. And of course I know they're not going to be the same person online. It's just an act or personality they have on the internet.
Yeah I’m not sure I would want to meet them either. If they do an European tour, I will for sure want to see the show, but I know I definitely wouldn’t do the meet and greet option. It’s just not really my thing.
In the future that might change, but for now I’m contend with not meeting them.