Dan & Phil Part 10: Moist Sloppy Niagara Fun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
daphenaxa
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

no one cares. do a liveshow or post a vid
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

greatnessflicker wrote:
pixlexia wrote:Phil's picture on the site is also a rather recent picture, isn't it? I think it's from one of the gaming videos? I'd go check which one, but I'm lazy, but I thought it might help put time into perspective.
Looks like it's the exact same top he's wearing in "Dil Gets a Pet," uploaded March 2015 (also, the office layout is identical).

That's definitely where the pic is from.
Pipsy
first-time poster

Hey, first time poster long time lurker here and all that jazz, just wanted to post that I tried out the plot generator starlight posted (I apologise for being a complete noob and not knowing how to tag you) and I thought I'd post the results :lol:

*goes back into lurkdom*

www(.)plot-generator(.)org(.)uk/bkk395/dank-shoe(.)html
DryCereal
koi pond

Lain wrote:What is stopping those boys from doing a liveshow? I won't stand for this kind of long-term neglect.

I've already sadly (but hectically) wanked over several of their old shows, but it hasn't filled the void.
Ta for the mental imagery.

I bet the reason is "omg, bus wifi/signal/younow laaaaaggggggggggggggg" - but UGH!
Guess our next best bet is Chicago. Right after my birthday, c'mon boys. :platonic:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Me to my friend on Skype: Phil's tweets are so boring, like when is he gonna stop throwing animals and other objects at me? It's getting old, damn.
Friend on Skype: Just like him.

So I have even less friends now.

It'd be cool if Phil was actually working on a thing with New Form Digital, though I wonder about what, how and when? If they wanna take the tour to Europe and maybe further there's gonna be no time for other projects. There's barely even time for normal content..

I can't wait to be done with the tour era of my D&P stanning life jfc.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Pipsy wrote:Hey, first time poster long time lurker here and all that jazz, just wanted to post that I tried out the plot generator starlight posted (I apologise for being a complete noob and not knowing how to tag you) and I thought I'd post the results :lol:

*goes back into lurkdom*

www(.)plot-generator(.)org(.)uk/bkk395/dank-shoe(.)html
http://www.plot-generator.org.uk/bkk395/dank-shoe.html
Fixed the link for you. :) This is a pretty great story, I'm not going to lie.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Phil Lester. Phil was a wicked sly cake with sexy legs and swish butts.

I agree. ;) Speaking of fanfiction, starlight-still, ''fingering the moist banana'' is probably the single most disgusting phrase ever put together in the English language. As a writer I'm also definitely going to steal the line ''They looked at each other with surprised feelings, like two moaning, modern monkeys swimming at a very loving carol service,'' if I fancy writing a screenplay.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
fancybum
senpai

bedhead91 wrote: I agree. ;) Speaking of fanfiction, starlight-still, ''fingering the moist banana'' is probably the single most disgusting phrase ever put together in the English language.
Loool I saw that before the edit I was confused for a sec ("is that a come on of some kind")
Lain wrote:What is stopping those boys from doing a liveshow? I won't stand for this kind of long-term neglect.

I've already sadly (but hectically) wanked over several of their old shows, but it hasn't filled the void.
Yeah I would really appreciate a good void-filling soon to be honest.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
pearshaped34
morning quiff

They are about a third of the way through the tour so unless they've decided they are not going to bother with liveshows at all on tour surely one must be coming up soon right? :?

I'd much rather they did liveshows then upload on their channels at the moment because if they wait until the end of the tour then we'll likely never get to hear much about their tour adventures especially the stuff from this early in the tour as it will all seem like a distant memory after they've been to another 20+ cities.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

fancybum wrote:
bedhead91 wrote: I agree. ;) Speaking of fanfiction, starlight-still, ''fingering the moist banana'' is probably the single most disgusting phrase ever put together in the English language.
Loool I saw that before the edit I was confused for a sec ("is that a come on of some kind")
I'm bad at flirting but that would be reaching a new low, even for me. For some reason I thought you were the one who posted the story instead of starlight and was too lazy to go back a page to check, but then I did and decided to correct it. Hope that clears things up.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
smarties
glabella

fancybum wrote:Ok this has nothing to do with anything, but it's new to me (I think?? my memory might just be awful), but I was poking around newformdigital's site to see if I could find out anything about PJ's new short film and saw this:
NEW FORM PARTNERS WITH A WIDE RANGE STORYTELLERS, BOTH DIGITAL-NATIVE AND TRADITIONAL, TO CREATE THE BEST IN DIGITAL SCRIPTED ORIGINALS.
Has Phil always been on there? It's not just because he was in Oscar's Hotel because Dan isn't there. What is he doing with them? "The best in digital scripted originals"? Maybe they're involved with releasing tatinof...? Would that make sense...? But then wouldn't Dan be there too? IDK Am I completely out of the loop or what.

lol I just noticed 'with a wide-range storytellers'; New Form fix your typo please, you accidentally a word.

Some more infos that I discovered....
The website was edited the last time in March (judging by the html version).
And looking at the internet archive, it's safe to say that Phil's pic was added to the homepage between March 15th and April 8th...
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

smarties wrote:
fancybum wrote:Ok this has nothing to do with anything, but it's new to me (I think?? my memory might just be awful), but I was poking around newformdigital's site to see if I could find out anything about PJ's new short film and saw this:
NEW FORM PARTNERS WITH A WIDE RANGE STORYTELLERS, BOTH DIGITAL-NATIVE AND TRADITIONAL, TO CREATE THE BEST IN DIGITAL SCRIPTED ORIGINALS.
Has Phil always been on there? It's not just because he was in Oscar's Hotel because Dan isn't there. What is he doing with them? "The best in digital scripted originals"? Maybe they're involved with releasing tatinof...? Would that make sense...? But then wouldn't Dan be there too? IDK Am I completely out of the loop or what.

lol I just noticed 'with a wide-range storytellers'; New Form fix your typo please, you accidentally a word.

And looking at the internet archive, it's safe to say that Phil's pic was added to the homepage between March 15th and April 8th...
haha you're fast. I was planning to check the coding to see the timestamps. That was the same time when IDB discovered the change in management of D&P's channels, right? I wonder if you can be a part of NFD creator as a scriptwriter or do you need to be the creator of the whole thing. I don't know if Phil will have the time to be the creator if he's too busy as of the moment. Heck, he can't even do a LS :sideeye: . And you need your own crew, right? This is interesting.
Sorry. I am really invested coz it's Phil and I just finished watching all his old videos available.
starlight-still
truth bomb

Pipsy wrote:Hey, first time poster long time lurker here and all that jazz, just wanted to post that I tried out the plot generator starlight posted (I apologise for being a complete noob and not knowing how to tag you) and I thought I'd post the results :lol:
*goes back into lurkdom*
http://www.plot-generator.org.uk/bkk395/dank-shoe.html

Fav line:
They looked at each other with angry feelings, like two cuddly, cheerful cat twerking at a very cool fancy boy convention, which had muse music playing in the background and two sly uncles sliding to the beat.
:lol: Steal away, bedhead91. Glad I could bring a little bit of pleasure and joy to idb in these dark, dry ls and content-less times.
phamnotof
morning quiff

smarties wrote:

Oooh, very useful info indeed! *scratches chin* It could be for the TATINOF movie/documentary/whatever it ends up being, of course, and Phil could be the one taking care of that - but it seems like a stretch & another project actually feels more likely to me at the moment, which is exciting, I'd love for him to do a bigger project he cares about, esp. after the tour as it'll be the perfect time for one motherfucker of a rebranding. Which is thrilling to me.

Also, just as a sidenote because I'm not letting myself believe it'll actually happen - but does anyone else feel like that "The First Time I Hit Upload" would be kind of a big deal if it happened? They never really shared their origin story in a proper way, Dan especially. Not for a long-ass time. The most we got was "Phil Trash #1" and the throwback to it in Dan Memes of 2015, but that's hardly the full complex (beautiful) story - and you can't really not talk about it in much bigger dept on a panel that literally centers around your YouTube origins & the inspirations and support systems you've had since. Like Phil was *such* a huge part of Dan starting out, and has been there for him ever since - and Dan's been the same support for Phil for a long time, not to mention their shared path on YT. So to agree to be on a panel where the main topic of discussion os starting out & sharing that story, together, - I'm not saying they'll talk about sexy skyping or anything even coming close to that, but it definitely tells me it's another step in being comfortable with being seen as a unit.

I've personally always thought that it was strange they didn't milk that story for the fucking amazing fairy tale it is, and okay - the reasons are likely obvious whether you think they're together or not, but I love seeing this shift, especially after a long stretch of rather telling silence. And I'd love for them to talk about their beginnings so much. I'm gonna be so fucking sad if they don't end up being on that panel.
DryCereal
koi pond

phamnotof ngl, I kind of just want Dan to smile and point at Phil without saying a damn word... at first at least
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Catallena wrote: It'd be cool if Phil was actually working on a thing with New Form Digital, though I wonder about what, how and when? If they wanna take the tour to Europe and maybe further there's gonna be no time for other projects. There's barely even time for normal content..
Diyes_Celine wrote:
smarties wrote:
I mean, if I had any website I would jump at the opportunity to produce the tatinof videos even if it's not strictly scripted content. I would just rub my hands thinking of all the promo and get on with it, it also produces more money which makes it easier to support content of smaller creators, it would be a win-win situation.
I love the idea of phil doing something creative by himself but I highly doubt that he would make something and not include dan, so I'm pitching that he's there because he's in another creator's content without dan and not by something he's created.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Why are so many people doubtful about whether D+P are doing the vidcon panels? They'll be finished with the US tatinof touring by then. The last US tatinof show is June 23rd in California and the panels are June 25th in California. I don't think they'll be rushing home straight after their last show.

They planned the tour pretty well in terms of scheduling in Playlist and that NY creator's summit thing. They didn't do the Playlist panels probably bc they were still kinda busy but in this case they'll be completely done the US tour when the vidcon panels happen. I'm pretty sure they're going to vidcon since it's arguably the biggest youtube convention/gathering.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

blueapple_x wrote:Why are so many people doubtful about whether D+P are doing the vidcon panels? They'll be finished with the US tatinof touring by then. The last US tatinof show is June 23rd in California and the panels are June 25th in California. I don't think they'll be rushing home straight after their last show.

They planned the tour pretty well in terms of scheduling in Playlist and that NY creator's summit thing. They didn't do the Playlist panels probably bc they were still kinda busy but in this case they'll be completely done the US tour when the vidcon panels happen. I'm pretty sure they're going to vidcon since it's arguably the biggest youtube convention/gathering.
I think people are just feeling too burnt right now. They were supposed to be on Playlist panels, they weren't. They were supposed to do liveshows, they aren't. As soon as they're active again people will forgive all, though. (They always do. This is the way of Dan and Phil.)
blueapple_x
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Why are so many people doubtful about whether D+P are doing the vidcon panels? They'll be finished with the US tatinof touring by then. The last US tatinof show is June 23rd in California and the panels are June 25th in California. I don't think they'll be rushing home straight after their last show.

I think people are just feeling too burnt right now. They were supposed to be on Playlist panels, they weren't. They were supposed to do liveshows, they aren't. As soon as they're active again people will forgive all, though. (They always do. This is the way of Dan and Phil.)
Ah I see. I'm not bothered by the absence of them from the playlist panels tbh but I could use me some liveshows! If and when they eventually do one, I'm guessing it'll be in a hotel room rather than in the tour bus (sadly).
Winston
flower crown

Ls 10 min!
actions speak louder than words
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Fucking finally!!!!! The world is ending holy shit!!!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
starlight-still
truth bomb

...and I finish work in ten minutes...perfect timing!

I actually have tears in my eyes from laughing and screaming this is beautiful.
DryCereal
koi pond

I made happy excited noises too!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!! :D

You Now and dongle, don't fail me now!!!
Last edited by DryCereal on Fri May 13, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bee
phabergé

a LIVESHOW :wtf:

Bassoonage
drama llama

LIVE SHOW TIMEEEE
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Ugh, I wasn't expecting this.

Now I have to watch them on the same screen, live, as I just read a very smutty fic about them.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged