Dan & Phil Part 10: Moist Sloppy Niagara Fun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Other current topics:
Agar.io = meh, content drought = frustrating, DudeNdaEaseOnUp + Deppy = goals, labels = bad, and microwave sex = probable.

Have at it!

(<- previous thread)
busy being happy~
NoOneWantsATortoise
squish

Re: dm notification (I'm late)...

In some screenshots the last thing before '...' looks like it starts with a letter that goes under the baseline like a 'g', 'j', or 'y'. To me it looks like "lurking jk..." in those particular caps.
timtam
lady door

The agario video was okay but goddamn it I keep playing the stupid game now. I'd never heard of it before and now I keep going to play it every time I have nothing to do. I blame the fact that I have a lot of uni assessments to do and it's the perfect procrastination game.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

ooohh that like on gerard way's tweet is indeed interesting, especially because it belonged in a series of tweets about mental health, but he only liked that one specifically, which suggest 'i relate' more than 'supportive/cool' imo

that being said i also liked that tweet and i do use labels (for sexual orientation) but i related to it in the way of not 'coming out' to people when it's not necessary (like if u don't need to know/it could be potentially harmful for me letting u know then i'm not saying anything)

so yeah who knows what went through his mind exactly but it's not hard to guess what might have been the general idea behind that like but please dan do let us know i am interested (lmao yeah right like that's gonna happen)
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
lilMango
morning quiff

trashqueen wrote: so yeah who knows what went through his mind exactly... but please dan do let us know i am interested (lmao yeah right like that's gonna happen)
This basically sums up half of this website's arguments tbh 8-)
The other half is just the same thing but with Phil :lol:
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

lilMango wrote:
trashqueen wrote: so yeah who knows what went through his mind exactly... but please dan do let us know i am interested (lmao yeah right like that's gonna happen)
I know right? Still waiting for one of them to tell us what THE RULES were.
busy being happy~
bluebox-away
woodland creature

oqua wrote:
lilMango wrote:
Someone should take one of the screenshots of the rules to their M&G and just be like: what the fuck do these say I'm going insane trying to figure it out? :lol:

Re all the other topics recently: I'm travelling and struggling to keep up let alone actually post so to summarize: agario was okay but won't be rewatching, I really want a live show soon they make such a difference we had just had a gaming video but still feeling the drought (and robot tweets don't count :sideeye:) That tweet Dan faved is interesting, I'd say it's just him relating to keeping things ambiguous when the audience doesn't need to know labels etc, but as always t's hard to know with Dan..
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
lilMango
morning quiff

bluebox-away wrote:
oqua wrote:
lilMango wrote:
Someone should take one of the screenshots of the rules to their M&G and just be like: what the fuck do these say I'm going insane trying to figure it out? :lol:
Ok I see a lot of like "birth certificates" that people take to M&Gs for them to sign and I think it's pretty cringe, but I'm honestly thinking of bringing a copy of THE RULES to Vidcon for them to sign and explain idk
bluebox-away
woodland creature

lilMango wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:
oqua wrote:
lilMango wrote:
Ok I see a lot of like "birth certificates" that people take to M&Gs for them to sign and I think it's pretty cringe, but I'm honestly thinking of bringing a copy of THE RULES to Vidcon for them to sign and explain idk
I mean it's arguably less weird then getting them to sign a birth/adoption certificate for you which a lot of fans seem to be doing so I say go for it worst that can happen is they go 'uh what that was 4 years ago we don't remember' :roll:
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

LOL, I am so loser-y, I actually *liked* the agar.io video and may have watched it 4 times already and will probably watch it 4 more in the next few days. I feel so sad over here by my lonesome.
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

adequack wrote:LOL, I am so loser-y, I actually *liked* the agar.io video and may have watched it 4 times already and will probably watch it 4 more in the next few days. I feel so sad over here by my lonesome.
I liked it! Not the most exciting video, but a solid one. It probably helps that I have no great preference for them doing flash games vs console ones, I'm watching for their interaction not what they play. (No judgement on people who prioritize differently, though. Diversity keeps the conversation going!)

I was out of town all weekend but I'm probably going to rewatch it again tomorrow and try to take some notes just to feel like the video got the kind of attention you'd think a lone video in the middle of a content drought should.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

alittledizzy wrote:
adequack wrote:LOL, I am so loser-y, I actually *liked* the agar.io video and may have watched it 4 times already and will probably watch it 4 more in the next few days. I feel so sad over here by my lonesome.
I liked it! Not the most exciting video, but a solid one. It probably helps that I have no great preference for them doing flash games vs console ones, I'm watching for their interaction not what they play. (No judgement on people who prioritize differently, though. Diversity keeps the conversation going!)

I was out of town all weekend but I'm probably going to rewatch it again tomorrow and try to take some notes just to feel like the video got the kind of attention you'd think a lone video in the middle of a content drought should.
Don't worry, adequack, I also liked it! It was fine! It was fun! If anything bothered me, it was just how highly edited it seemed (as others have already discussed). Like, you could tell that sometimes they played multiple times and then spliced together different clips to make it look like it was just one turn.

But like alittledizzy, I watch them mainly for the interaction and I don't have a real preference for which kind of game they play. I'm there for the bants; I am trash. :D
busy being happy~
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

At last a video of Martyn joining
2old4thisshite
squish

sweetmm wrote:At last a video of Martyn joining
Drake watchful like a wolf. He's a keeper.
sweetmm
angel bean

Poor Phil got squished in the middle as Dan refused to open his door on the other side for the lady :lol:
lilMango
morning quiff

bluebox-away wrote: I mean it's arguably less weird then getting them to sign a birth/adoption certificate for you which a lot of fans seem to be doing so I say go for it worst that can happen is they go 'uh what that was 4 years ago we don't remember' :roll:
lol I probably won't actually do it because I'm an anxious mess when it comes to meeting people, but it would be hilarious to see their reactions :lol:
Rigby
lady door

I wonder how Dan's able to wave without cringing. I mean, he looks happy and I'm not criticising the fans, it's just that I'd have a physical reaction to such high-pitched screaming, it would show on my face. Do you reckon they use ear plugs? :lol:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

bluebox-away wrote:
lilMango wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:
oqua wrote:Still waiting for one of them to tell us what THE RULES were.
I mean it's arguably less weird then getting them to sign a birth/adoption certificate for you which a lot of fans seem to be doing so I say go for it worst that can happen is they go 'uh what that was 4 years ago we don't remember' :roll:
lilMango, it's totally fine if you don't want to. I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself. But oh how I long to know.

To be honest though, I can totally see them playing dumb. Like, "Haha! Did we write those? I have no idea what those say, wow. The writing is so small. Probably just general rules, right? Haha."
busy being happy~
sweetmm
angel bean

Rigby wrote:I wonder how Dan's able to wave without cringing. I mean, he looks happy and I'm not criticising the fans, it's just that I'd have a physical reaction to such high-pitched screaming, it would show on my face. Do you reckon they use ear plugs? :lol:
Phil has an internalised ear plug, he can pretend he is deaf to Dan all these years when in reality according to the sound people his hearing is 100% :lol:
blueapple_x
flower crown

Just got back from seeing tatinof! I'll write my review a bit later in the tatinof thread but I just wanted to pop in to discuss Dan liking that tweet.

I agree that he liked it moreso because he related to it. I can especially see him agreeing with what Gerard said here about giving too much info to people: So the fact that he only liked the one specifically talking about labels says a lot imo (he could've just liked the "safer" option by liking the tweet above since it's about revealing too much info in general). I can't say I'm surprised that's how Dan thinks. The wording of Gerard's tweet makes it very personal and you can tell he's speaking from experience about negative things he's witnessed/experienced. It's easy to see how Dan relates to this as well because he's more private and isn't definitive with his sexuality now compared to in the past where he referred to himself as bi on multiple occasions.

I would do the same thing in Dan's position by being super private to my audience because I'm also cynical and think that the more personal things you reveal to people, the easier it is to be manipulated. However, I also realize that that's my personal view and positive things can come out of sharing certain things with the right people. And despite his cynicism, I'm sure Dan also knows that. Obviously he's not going to be that vulnerable with strangers. But it's nice to see him still expressing male attraction more comfortably these days.

Surely Dan must've known people would relate this to his sexuality? I'm proud of him for liking it anyway.
fancybum
senpai

phamnotof wrote: courtesy of Dan's twitter likes...
Oooh I find this very interesting. Frankly him liking this tweet, to me, says more than his "I used to lie a lot for attention" or whatever quote that people like to tie up with sexuality (even though he conveniently didn't specify what he actually used to lie about, as usual we all just mold it to our own ideas of his intent). Expectations for any kind of 'coming out' (after tatinof is done) have been lowered; D&P are now both down as not liking labels, okay got it, consider it filed away in my mind grapes.

I'm going to keep harping on this, but I find it so adorable that jacksepticeye is following them both now (he only follows 136 people!) and has liked Phil's waffle tweet and Dan's drowning-in-music tweet today.
I can't wait for some actual interaction ahhh I want to mash all of their heads together in a 'now kiss' like way, but actually platonic, like 'now be friends'.

edit:
blueapple_x wrote:But it's nice to see him still expressing male attraction more comfortably these days.

Surely Dan must've known people would relate this to his sexuality? I'm proud of him for liking it anyway.
Same. This is like his vague 'thanks for being so nice about [the haru/anime video]' moment in his last (I think? It's been 84 years..) liveshow. He doesn't want to be categorized or politicized with labels, fine, but he's not hiding who he is either, and he's being more open with his audience about that (in the sometimes subtextual kind of way that still makes us look like delusional conspiracy theorists to outsiders who aren't paying attention, but hey).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
lilMango
morning quiff

oqua wrote: lilMango, it's totally fine if you don't want to. I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself. But oh how I long to know.

To be honest though, I can totally see them playing dumb. Like, "Haha! Did we write those? I have no idea what those say, wow. The writing is so small. Probably just general rules, right? Haha."
yeah, I imagine it going a little something like this...
Me: hey um can you sign this? I uh.... found it.... in a video... and it's like... and inside joke with... my friends????
Dan: Oh wow that's so funnY!!1! I remember that!
Phil: yea hahHAHha
Me: o.h ha do you remember what they were about, orr....?
Dan: Wow no that was soOOooo long ago.. i think just about posting schedule?? or maybe it was IRONIC HAH
Phil: YEA DAN IS THE IRONIC MEM E LORD HAHAH
Dan: hahAHAHAh selfie!!!!!
oh god. This is the stuff of nightmares. I apologize.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

lilMango wrote:
oqua wrote: lilMango, it's totally fine if you don't want to. I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself. But oh how I long to know.

Me: hey um can you sign this? I uh.... found it.... in a video... and it's like... and inside joke with... my friends????
Dan: Wow no that was soOOooo long ago.. i think just about posting schedule?? or maybe it was IRONIC HAH
I can totally see this happening and seriously no pressure on anyone to actually do this I don't think I'd have the guts to either, I'd love to know their response to anyone brave enough to ask :lol:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

bluebox-away wrote:
lilMango wrote:

I can totally see this happening and seriously no pressure on anyone to actually do this I don't think I'd have the guts to either, I'd love to know their response to anyone brave enough to ask :lol:
lilMango, that convo is hysterical, omg.

Despite the fact that I said I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself, there's a part of me that kind of wants to go to a meet & greet just so that I can ask them.

I don't even know what I'd say though. How would one phrase the question??

Me: "Hey! Okay, so like I saw this list of rules in a couple old videos and from what I could tell there are like some rules about when to go to sleep and wake up, and my sleep schedule is like totally messed up so I've been aspiring to live by this one, like I even printed it out and put it on my wall, like seriously, hahahaha, so like can you sign it? Like maybe by your signatures at the bottom? And then also I was wondering if you had idea what the other rules said? Like these ones? [indicates rules] Something about laundry? Or like an upload schedule? I can't really like tell exactly, haha, but like they seem like good rules to follow so like, hahaha. Do you remember?"

Dan and Phil: :wtf: :-|

Dan: "Err haha, I don't even remember these at all, wow, haha!"

Phil: "Yeah, but good luck with your sleep schedule!"

Me: :sideeye:

(I don't actually have THE RULES printed out or hung on my wall, don't worry)

(also, can you tell I'm from California by how many times I used the word "like" in that hypothetical quote? lmao)
busy being happy~
hamisnotonfire
phillion/danosaur <//3

timtam wrote:The agario video was okay but goddamn it I keep playing the stupid game now. I'd never heard of it before and now I keep going to play it every time I have nothing to do. I blame the fact that I have a lot of uni assessments to do and it's the perfect procrastination game.
too real...may have played it for an hour earlier rather than writing a paper