Dan & Phil Part 14: Is This Tour Over Yet?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

hunnyftw wrote:[offtopic]starlight-still, I just saw your new avatar. Are you trying to kill me? Or kill any and all last remnants of productivity that I had left? I will now stare at it instead of doing anything with my life. Fuck you @AmazingPhil indeed. And fuck you @starlight-still for reminding me of this glorious video. I mean it in the nicest and the most p-l-a-t-o-n-i-c way possible of course :wink: [/offtopic]
"Fuck you"? Sure you don't mean "Fuck m---" -what? Hmm? No, I never said a word...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Winston
flower crown

Catallena wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:
Jeweul wrote:
bluebox-away wrote:I have been so out of it later because of travelling, but I really enjoyed the new video and it totally didn't occur to me that it could have been a fake psychic reading :lol: I'm very impressed with all the IDB investigating on that website you are all amazing
Regarding their tweets, god they are adorable. I mean saying 'fuck you' to a friend like that is basically the same as saying 'I love you' so
so many bones being thrown recently, if they just gave us a liveshow in the next week or so I promise I'll stop complaining till the tour is over
sorry I probably totally will complain before then even if they do a liveshow, I'm such trash I can't get out but I'm also so bored of this tour help
My friends and I always have a thing where we say "I hate you" and then the other person replies "Love ya too." I was kind of hoping they'd do that too.
They already have saying I hate you meaning I love you for years guys, have you forgotten:
lmao the of that video is like bad remix of 4Minute's song Hate :')

That clip of Dan bothering the shit out of a tired Phil lying in bed and him looking up andsaying 'I hate you' in that adorable soft voice gets to me every time.
Yes! That is all I could mean. So cute!

Ugh I need a life....
actions speak louder than words
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

This forum sure is phan trash. The initial reaction i had was that Dan was trying to be funny, while also calling Phil his bff. If you don't want to see that as a no-homo, you don't have to, but
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

spaceguitar wrote:This forum sure is phan trash. The initial reaction i had was that Dan was trying to be funny, while also calling Phil his bff. If you don't want to see that as a no-homo, you don't have to, but
Nah, I do see it as a no-homo statement but I still find it cute. :) You don't have to see it through to find it cute.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
sad dimple
smol bean

It just made me remember that dil episode when they were super shocked that tabitha being his best friend made them less romantic.

I'm pretty much 100% demon lately
hunnyftw
phabergé

Ickle,
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
hunnyftw wrote:[offtopic]starlight-still, I just saw your new avatar. Are you trying to kill me? Or kill any and all last remnants of productivity that I had left? I will now stare at it instead of doing anything with my life. Fuck you @AmazingPhil indeed. And fuck you @starlight-still for reminding me of this glorious video. I mean it in the nicest and the most p-l-a-t-o-n-i-c way possible of course :wink: [/offtopic]
"Fuck you"? Sure you don't mean "Fuck m---" -what? Hmm? No, I never said a word...
as always:
myself included
spaceguitar wrote:This forum sure is phan trash. The initial reaction i had was that Dan was trying to be funny, while also calling Phil his bff. If you don't want to see that as a no-homo, you don't have to, but
Agree with the part I bolded. I think a few people mentioned that when somebody is close to you saying stuff like "I hate you" or "fuck you" is often mutually understood to mean "I like you and appreciate the bond". So to me he's showing someone close to him affection and calling him his best friend only without specifying if that person is also something more for him because obviously he doesn't have to specify anything in a supposedly comedic tweet. And I personally find myself unable to see these types of funny yet affectionate statements as no-homoing
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

hunnyftw wrote:Ickle,
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
as always:
myself included
Agree with the part I bolded. I think a few people mentioned that when somebody is close to you saying stuff like "I hate you" or "fuck you" is often mutually understood to mean "I like you and appreciate the bond". So to me he's showing someone close to him affection and calling him his best friend only without specifying if that person is also something more for him because obviously he doesn't have to specify anything in a supposedly comedic tweet. And I personally find myself unable to see these types of funny yet affectionate statements as no-homoing
Yeah, thats why I don't think it has to be seen that way. But I'm just confused at why such a friendshippy tweet makes people freak out about phan. Maybe its b/c I've kinda stopped shipping phan :confused:
hunnyftw
phabergé

Well, I was only freaking out about their general bond and friendship being cute and tbh, the self-centered bastard that I am, I assume that everybody else on idb is probably freaking out about the same thing and nothing more :lol: But I may be a strange creature because although I ship something about them and their chemistry at the same time I really don't. And I don't really care either way, I just think that there's something very cute about their relationship regardless of its nature.

Except for when I start reminding myself that some of their behaviour may be interpreted as quite questionable depending on what the #truth actually is and then I start caring and worrying again but that's a different story altogether and what even is this post, wtf, I lost track of the story.
Last edited by hunnyftw on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jess
living flop

spaceguitar wrote:Yeah, thats why I don't think it has to be seen that way. But I'm just confused at why such a friendshippy tweet makes people freak out about phan. Maybe its b/c I've kinda stopped shipping phan :confused:
Me about everything ... even the latest video (which I haven't had a chance to comment on because I don't feel motivated enough to do so).
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

So I go out all day to my kid's Kindergarten Graduation (don't even get me started on how silly I find the idea of graduating anything but high school or college) and come back to find out that Dan tops Phil on special occasions like National Best Friends Day. As you were idb...

"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
ironic
lady door

spaceguitar wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
as always:
myself included
Yeah, thats why I don't think it has to be seen that way. But I'm just confused at why such a friendshippy tweet makes people freak out about phan. Maybe its b/c I've kinda stopped shipping phan :confused:
What doesn't make people freak out about phan though? ;) (jk)
I don't ship them like at all but I find those tweets much more cute than any amount of heart-eyes-howell and stuff :lol: It's such a normal bff thing and it's funny and lovely. I'm sold. And jealous.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

spaceguitar wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
as always:
myself included
Well I for one find it super cute in a 'they're such adorable bffles that pretend to hate each other but actually love each other' way, I by no means think that tweet implied that Phan was real, I just think it's lovely how they are mocking their obviously really close best-friendship? :D :platonic:
So yeah, I neither see it as 'oh my god Phan is real' nor as 'no-homo'ing, just as a cute demonstration of their friendship?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
corn flakes
moon room

I did not find it particularly cute nor as no-homo I saw it as a funny way of calling Phil his bff , doesn't mean anything else.

Edit: wrote this ages ago, submited it but then I went back to study without checking, you move fast

Basically what hunnyftw wrote.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

adequack wrote:So I go out all day to my kid's Kindergarten Graduation (don't even get me started on how silly I find the idea of graduating anything but high school or college) and come back to find out that Dan tops Phil on special occasions like National Best Friends Day. As you were idb...
Quality post right here.
I go back and forth on thinking they are actually together, I mostly don't anymore but that won't stop me from joking about Phan any chance I get. :lol:
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Hey guys, please vote for the next thread name :P

(Also, after this poll is over, we're going to be implementing some changes in an effort to avoid having so many repetitive options, so stay tuned for a post about that coming soon)
busy being happy~
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hunnyftw wrote:
Agree with hunnyftw. Someone being your best friend doesn't preclude them being more. Dan and Phil's friendship is currently what they're comfortable sharing with us, I'm not gonna snub my nose at that even if it's obvious to me that friendship is not all that's between them. But that doesn't remotely make it a no homo in my eyes.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

corn flakes wrote:
I did not find it particularly cute nor as no-homo I saw it as a funny way of calling Phil his bff , doesn't mean anything else.

Edit: wrote this ages ago, submited it but then I went back to study without checking, you move fast

Basically what hunnyftw wrote.
I see it as double entendre. On one hand they are bffiles and they joke, on the other hand considering how carefully they usually avoid anything remotely indicate that they are possibly in a romantic or physical relationship unless they are baiting, it's either Dan being cheeky or it's another elaborate fanservice scheme.
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

Yeah, nothing "phan" in those tweets for me either, but its just nice that they are acknowledging each other this way, they hardly ever do something like that. But then I never see any couply stuff or 'heart eyes' in their videos, so...(but I still think there's more...)

That 'i hate you' from Phil in that vlog back then though...never has an 'i hate you' sounded more like an 'i love you'.

At this point, I just want them to be happy, together, as a couple. For the last year or so a worryingly large part of my happiness depended on not having any news proving the opposite, because lets be real, if they are together there will never be confirmation (except them moving to a house together and I don't see ithat happening for quite a while) - and if they part ways, we won't know if they broke up or are just frinds who decided to start living alone. But why the hell does it bother me that much!? *le sigh*
felucca
truth bomb

litteronthebreeze wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10b0KzJ-qg0
At 24 seconds Phil's asked 'Turtle of Seal?' and he says 'Seal. Seals are cute'.

Who will be the first to make that in to some kind of Tumblr post alongside Dan's derpy seal clap at the end of last night's video?
litteronthebreeze I dedicate this video to you.

(that thumbnail doe..)

Also I got all sappy because of Friendship Day today and because of some Wirrow drawings I saw earlier and somehow this happened.

I think I accidentally made a platonic shipping video ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
kay
phabergé

These were so good felucca!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I really enjoyed those two little vids felucca.
Winston
flower crown

kusunoki masashige wrote:Yeah, nothing "phan" in those tweets for me either, but its just nice that they are acknowledging each other this way, they hardly ever do something like that. But then I never see any couply stuff or 'heart eyes' in their videos, so...(but I still think there's more...)
I wasn't all up in arms about the tweet via the phan route or just the biffls route. I thought Phil's response was funny, but I was otherwise meh about the whole exchange. I did like how everyone on here reacted though. And I think the cute struck me after reading all y’all’s reactions. Still though, not as enthused as what seems like the majority. It was/is cute.
kusunoki masashige wrote:At this point, I just want them to be happy, together, as a couple. For the last year or so a worryingly large part of my happiness depended on not having any news proving the opposite, because lets be real, if they are together there will never be confirmation (except them moving to a house together and I don't see ithat happening for quite a while) - and if they part ways, we won't know if they broke up or are just frinds who decided to start living alone. But why the hell does it bother me that much!? *le sigh*

For me I have slight anxiety every once in awhile when I am on my definitely just friends kick. Mainly because I can only see problems with that in the future, and the eventual end of their tight bond.

If they are in fact just friends, what is going to happen if/when one of them finds a significant other? Their friendship is so close that it could be “threatening” to a new romantic relationship, let alone the history they possibly could have had with one another. I could see the one with out the new romantic partner feeling left behind/abandoned etc. I can not imagine what that would do to their relationship. Currently from what we know they spend almost all their time together. They are entirely comfortable with each other, and to introduce someone new I think would only cause friction.

I want these two nerds to be happy forever. So I guess for me I hope for their sake they are together romantically, because their relationship is wonderful the way it is. Or if not I hope they find significant others who have the same kind of relationship with their own bestie (maybe twins ;) ), and they can just be bestie-lovers together in side by side glass houses with a shared koi pond and a couple of dogs.

Great vids! So cute. Those pieces by Wirrow are great as well!
Last edited by Winston on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
actions speak louder than words
lilMango
morning quiff

omg felucca that's brilliant
The tweets today made me laugh so hard lol.... it was so cute in any way, either phan or otherwise... it reminded me of a convo my friend and I would have (if she had twitter... sadface)
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
eevee
emo goose

Those videos are adorbs, thanks felucca

I don't really see how the tweets are majorly phan nor majorly no-homo. I just think Dan's being very endearing and calling Phil his best friend and I think it's adorable, phan or no phan. However I completely don't see how it could be interpreted as "no-homo." I guess because he didn't actually say "I love you" but I think he understands that saying profanities to your best friend like that means "i love you" if not more.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her