The Dan and Phil White Whale

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
User avatar
RiriPandaHeart2
hobbit hair
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by RiriPandaHeart2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi! Does anyone know what video is this from? :ribena:
Image
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?



User avatar
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:52 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Germany

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by nephilimcat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:18 pm

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm
Hi! Does anyone know what video is this from? :ribena:
One of my fav videos (it's unlisted) :blackheart:
pulvis et umbra sumus

onetruetrash
blobfish
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: the land of eagles and sugar

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by onetruetrash » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:51 pm

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm
Hi! Does anyone know what video is this from? :ribena:


It's an old unlisted AmazingPhil video

User avatar
freesocks
delia smith’s placenta
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by freesocks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Does anyone know which liveshow(s) Dan talks about/mentions his Formspring answers?
Knowing that one day Dan might take his own suggestion and make a gaming video of them playing DDR while taking shots fills me with determination.

Image

malday
trash
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by malday » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 pm

freesocks wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:44 pm
Does anyone know which liveshow(s) Dan talks about/mentions his Formspring answers?
Maybe in this is one
But this thread might help.
Image

User avatar
freesocks
delia smith’s placenta
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by freesocks » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:16 pm

malday wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 pm
freesocks wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:44 pm
Does anyone know which liveshow(s) Dan talks about/mentions his Formspring answers?
Maybe in this is one
But this thread might help.
Thanks so much!
Knowing that one day Dan might take his own suggestion and make a gaming video of them playing DDR while taking shots fills me with determination.

Image

User avatar
sonicgreen
glabella
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: United States

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by sonicgreen » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:03 am

Ok so I've had this clip (that I swear was Dan) in my head for a few months now and I think it was Dan shouting/slamming on the table "what the fucK?! what. the. fuck." (maybe Phil laughing in there?) I checked all the spooky week and impossible quiz videos but i can't figure out where its from?? Thanks
Image

User avatar
captainspacecoat
long-time wanker
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Australia

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by captainspacecoat » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:57 pm

I have a question regarding the context/origin of a couple old photos! Does anyone know where these are from? Like where did they originate? I've seen them floating around for years but have never been able to trace their origin, so would greatly appreciate if anyone knows :D

1. Image

2.
Image

User avatar
twix
butt chair
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 1:17 am

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by twix » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am

captainspacecoat wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:57 pm
1. Image
I don't know how it made its way to the internet, but here's the uncropped version.
Image

User avatar
captainspacecoat
long-time wanker
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Australia

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by captainspacecoat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am

twix wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am
I don't know how it made its way to the internet, but here's the uncropped version.
Image
Ah, interesting! My guess then is that one of the other people in the pic posted it (on Facebook or twitter probably), and then someone in the phandom found it and shared? Maybe? How mysterious. Thanks for the info!

The second pic is even more mysterious tbh, why is Dan wearing glasses? Is it a still from an old video I've forgotten about? The world may never know....

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2831
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by alittledizzy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm

captainspacecoat wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am
twix wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am
I don't know how it made its way to the internet, but here's the uncropped version.
Image
Ah, interesting! My guess then is that one of the other people in the pic posted it (on Facebook or twitter probably), and then someone in the phandom found it and shared? Maybe? How mysterious. Thanks for the info!

The second pic is even more mysterious tbh, why is Dan wearing glasses? Is it a still from an old video I've forgotten about? The world may never know....
It was actually on Dan's twitter! Before you could upload photos directly to twitter, websites like twitpic existed and that's what Dan and Phil used! Twitpic doesn't exist anymore, but the photo captions and (dead) links are still there:
Dan's and Phil's.
And here is the snowman pic!

justpeachy
Squish
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by justpeachy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Does anyone happen to know where this gif is from?



https://shouldipanicatthedisco.tumblr.c ... reblog-for

onetruetrash
blobfish
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: the land of eagles and sugar

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by onetruetrash » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 pm

justpeachy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm
Does anyone happen to know where this gif is from?

https://shouldipanicatthedisco.tumblr.c ... reblog-for

justpeachy
Squish
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by justpeachy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:02 am

onetruetrash wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 pm
justpeachy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 pm
Does anyone happen to know where this gif is from?

https://shouldipanicatthedisco.tumblr.c ... reblog-for
THANK YOU <33333333

User avatar
captainspacecoat
long-time wanker
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:31 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Australia

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by captainspacecoat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
It was actually on Dan's twitter! Before you could upload photos directly to twitter, websites like twitpic existed and that's what Dan and Phil used! Twitpic doesn't exist anymore, but the photo captions and (dead) links are still there:
Dan's and Phil's.
And here is the snowman pic!
Ahhh, thank you so much!! I was surprised that Dan was the one to upload the snow pic, interesting!
The piano pic is still a bit of a mystery, no idea why he was wearing glasses, I guess that case remains... unsolved.

justpeachy
Squish
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by justpeachy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:30 am

Any of you lovely folks happen to know where this gif is from??

http://loveyleto.tumblr.com/post/71217408434

Image

onetruetrash
blobfish
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:35 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: the land of eagles and sugar

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by onetruetrash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:55 am

justpeachy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:30 am
Any of you lovely folks happen to know where this gif is from??

http://loveyleto.tumblr.com/post/71217408434

Image
Looks like it's from an old vyou. I'll try and look for it.

malday
trash
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by malday » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:15 pm

justpeachy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:30 am
Any of you lovely folks happen to know where this gif is from??

http://loveyleto.tumblr.com/post/71217408434

Image
It's from an old LessAmazingPhil deleted video from 2011 where they announced winners for a t-shirt design competition. It was titled "WINNERS".

someone already asked this in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=41345#p41345
Image

User avatar
twix
butt chair
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 1:17 am

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by twix » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:10 am

So it's the guys' passports.
How did this photo end up online/what was it screenshotted from?

fwiw, it was briefly mentioned here.
oqua wrote:Those are definitely Dan and Phil's hands, so they had to have taken the picture at some point. Maybe they posted it on Twitter or Tumblr once upon a time? If it's not from a video, it would seem that there are no other angles to be seen, so no other signatures.

malday
trash
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by malday » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:37 am

twix wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:10 am
So it's the guys' passports.
How did this photo end up online/what was it screenshotted from?

fwiw, it was briefly mentioned here.
oqua wrote:Those are definitely Dan and Phil's hands, so they had to have taken the picture at some point. Maybe they posted it on Twitter or Tumblr once upon a time? If it's not from a video, it would seem that there are no other angles to be seen, so no other signatures.
I think this might have been the original tweet
Image
Alistair is the the name of one of the producers of their radioshow, and bbc sent them to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival before, so the person who tweeted the photo is probably someone who worked with them?
Image

User avatar
twix
butt chair
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 1:17 am

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by twix » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 pm

malday wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:37 am
Alistair is the the name of one of the producers of their radioshow, and bbc sent them to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival before, so the person who tweeted the photo is probably someone who worked with them?
Thank you!

malday
trash
Posts: 963
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by malday » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:30 pm

twix wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:00 pm
malday wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:37 am
Alistair is the the name of one of the producers of their radioshow, and bbc sent them to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival before, so the person who tweeted the photo is probably someone who worked with them?
Thank you!
Wth? twitter search turned up nothing for me! I'm glad you found it. :thanks:
Image

User avatar
alch
#relatable
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by alch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 pm

can I request more edit-like stuff? because I swear I've seen a compilation of all the times phil has mentioned mpreg but I can't find it anymore

User avatar
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:41 am
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by nerdysporks » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:48 am

Hey guys! I see this like quote on a bunch of phan edits on tumblr and the like and I'm wondering where it's from:

D: Hey, Phil?
P: What?
D: Let’s go home.
P: Okay.

Thanks!

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2831
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Dan and Phil White Whale

Post by alittledizzy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:51 am

nerdysporks wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:48 am
Hey guys! I see this like quote on a bunch of phan edits on tumblr and the like and I'm wondering where it's from:

D: Hey, Phil?
P: What?
D: Let’s go home.
P: Okay.

Thanks!
It's from their Story of TATINOF documentary; can't link the original since it's still under a paywall but maybe someone will come along with the snippet. it's basically the final words of the doc.

Post Reply