The Dan and Phil White Whale - requests

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:51 am
nerdysporks wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:48 am Hey guys! I see this like quote on a bunch of phan edits on tumblr and the like and I'm wondering where it's from:

D: Hey, Phil?
P: What?
D: Let’s go home.
P: Okay.

Thanks!
It's from their Story of TATINOF documentary; can't link the original since it's still under a paywall but maybe someone will come along with the snippet. it's basically the final words of the doc.
Ah, okay! Thanks so much!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Can someone point me to Phil tAlking about Dan's documentary/being proud of it/Dan? I always saw posts on tumblr about it but I never found anything ;_;
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

liola wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 pm Can someone point me to Phil tAlking about Dan's documentary/being proud of it/Dan? I always saw posts on tumblr about it but I never found anything ;_;
One of my fav moments ever is in this radio show from 32.37-34.35, where Phil gets over-excited and announces Dan's documentary. They talk about it for a while, and then to end the segment Phil says "We will be watching again" and Dan seems really touched and taken aback. It's sweet :')

I'm not sure whether he also talked about it anywhere else, although I presume he may have mentioned it in a liveshow? And I think he also live-tweeted the documentary too.
bee
phabergé

liola wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:26 pm Can someone point me to Phil tAlking about Dan's documentary/being proud of it/Dan? I always saw posts on tumblr about it but I never found anything ;_;
This was also a memorable Phil reaction for me
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

okay so my favorite moment from a phil video is when he's talking about visiting with his grandma and dancing with her and she says "it's not the same unless it's on the sea..." and looks wistfully off into the distance as "my heart will go on" plays-- it makes me laugh out loud every single time

i've been looking for like an hour through old videos and i cannot find the video that it's in for the life of me, does anyone know??
Elemancy
butt chair

nigel ratburn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:04 am okay so my favorite moment from a phil video is when he's talking about visiting with his grandma and dancing with her and she says "it's not the same unless it's on the sea..." and looks wistfully off into the distance as "my heart will go on" plays-- it makes me laugh out loud every single time

i've been looking for like an hour through old videos and i cannot find the video that it's in for the life of me, does anyone know??
It's one of my favorite moments too and for a second I thought he might have unlisted/deleted the video it was in as I couldn't find it right away, since I also thought it was part of the lead-in to a specifically themed video, but nope, wrong on all counts. It's in "I Destroyed My House" at around the 3:00 mark.

:dildo:
nigel ratburn

Elemancy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:04 am
nigel ratburn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:04 am okay so my favorite moment from a phil video is when he's talking about visiting with his grandma and dancing with her and she says "it's not the same unless it's on the sea..." and looks wistfully off into the distance as "my heart will go on" plays-- it makes me laugh out loud every single time

It's one of my favorite moments too and for a second I thought he might have unlisted/deleted the video it was in as I couldn't find it right away, since I also thought it was part of the lead-in to a specifically themed video, but nope, wrong on all counts. It's in "I Destroyed My House" at around the 3:00 mark.

ahh thank you!!! i totally thought it was at the beginning of a video, i was losing my mind trying to find it!!
susan2
rainbow nerd

Does anyone remember a video where one or both of them are talking about Serial podcast?

In my head I have a picture of it being in the living room of the old London apartment, so probably during a livestream (tho that could be totally wrong!) - I can't find it and am beginning to wonder if I've completely imagined it!
prorostla_slaninka
first-time poster

In which video did Dan say, that his favourite carol is the “Carol of The Bells”?
amazingphiI
first-time poster

hello!!! i'm in need of desperate help.. does anyone have a screen shot of phils twitter when he used to have the blue header?? the one where he was riding the poptart. he also had the bio "the guy with the hair from youtube and radio 1 ***" preferably i want a mobile screenshot but i'll take anything i can get !!!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

amazingphiI wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:39 am hello!!! i'm in need of desperate help.. does anyone have a screen shot of phils twitter when he used to have the blue header?? the one where he was riding the poptart. he also had the bio "the guy with the hair from youtube and radio 1 ***" preferably i want a mobile screenshot but i'll take anything i can get !!!
I tried to find a pic for mobile but all I got were screenshots of actual tweets not the profile, I did manage to find a link on the wayback machine from 2014! I'll put the screenshot under the spoiler tag! Hope this helped
Edit: noticed you are a first-time poster! :welcome:
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

from the main thread:
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:01 pm Re: the weed thing. I remember the Formspring answer being referenced. Someone asked Dan ‘do you smoke?’ and his reply was ‘cigarettes: no’. So not a full admission, but I suppose it could imply that his answer to other things would be yes. Keep in mind this was about eight years ago. I have no opinion on the present.
ratlad wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 pm @ the person who said something abt dan smoking weed i a formspring answer,i know which one you're talking about and he said
"drinking: occasionally, smoking: no"
i can't find the pic rn but i literally just seen it the other day lol
can anyone provide proof of existence of such an answer? i remember reading it too but that was a while ago. i already checked the deppyarchive tumblr and found nothing.
idk

Susannah wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:39 pm from the main thread:
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:01 pm Re: the weed thing. I remember the Formspring answer being referenced. Someone asked Dan ‘do you smoke?’ and his reply was ‘cigarettes: no’. So not a full admission, but I suppose it could imply that his answer to other things would be yes. Keep in mind this was about eight years ago. I have no opinion on the present.
ratlad wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 pm @ the person who said something abt dan smoking weed i a formspring answer,i know which one you're talking about and he said
can anyone provide proof of existence of such an answer? i remember reading it too but that was a while ago. i already checked the deppyarchive tumblr and found nothing.
Close - it was actually on dailybooth:

Smoke: cigarettes.. (n)
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

idk wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:12 am

thanks! i was starting to think it was a vyou or something. i did wonder about dailybooth but had no time to trawl archives. :ribena:
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! <3 <3 <3
I literally spent an hour googling for this yesterday lol
I still think the fact that he specifically said cigarettes were a no, as well as with the elipses means a yes to smoking other things. But definitely not a solid answer
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
iero
phabergé

ohh I’ve always interpreted that answer in a different way
‘cigarettes.. (n)’ as in ‘i smoke cigarettes..yeah I know it’s bad for you’ way
greenergrass
stress mushroom

iero wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:09 pm ohh I’ve always interpreted that answer in a different way
I'm pretty sure he said in his smoking video that he's never tried it, or maybe tried it once but didn't like it? I can't remember and I can't be bothered to go watch the video and check, but from what I remember, he said he was never a smoker. I could be wrong though - I'm sure someone else will probably remember better (or at least go and fact check)
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

iero wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:09 pm ohh I’ve always interpreted that answer in a different way
Maybe other people interpreted it that way as well, which is why he was asked about it in "AmazingDan". He gave a pretty emphatic "Noooo!" to the question "Do you smoke?"

At 3:59: but you should watch the whole thing anyway
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
phillyforgot
butt chair

Personally, I'm confused at the '?' with the relationship status question. Does he not know his relationship status? Are things complicated? Is he single? Is he just being private with his relationships?

I guess we'll never know. :shrug:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

The (n) was MSN emoji code for thumbs down 👎 I believe
malday
emo goose

phillyforgot wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Personally, I'm confused at the '?' with the relationship status question. Does he not know his relationship status? Are things complicated? Is he single? Is he just being private with his relationships?

I guess we'll never know. :shrug:
He changed his status on some platforms later on.
This might help explain some things.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I've been meaning to ask about this for a while and i figure now is a good a time as any since this thread is somewhat active at the moment
Can someone please tell me where the pics for this Dan meme come from?

(why is the post not showing right ugh)
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embedding
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

KatjaZoe wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:47 am I've been meaning to ask about this for a while and i figure now is a good a time as any since this thread is somewhat active at the moment
Can someone please tell me where the pics for this Dan meme come from?

(why is the post not showing right ugh)
They're from DAPGO pp. 103-104!
susan2
rainbow nerd

prorostla_slaninka wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:12 pm In which video did Dan say, that his favourite carol is the “Carol of The Bells”?
10:22
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I feel like I'm losing my mind a little bit. I within the last few days, I watched a video of their radio show that was the full thing, music too. And its gone now. It was on YouTube, in guessing copyright is why it went down.

Is there any other way to watch the full shows, with music?