Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I actually really enjoyed the liveshow. He seemed upbeat, slightly distracted but generally into it. He laughed a lot, he smiled a lot, he was lighthearted but Phil's moods in a ls are either annoyed or happy and this didn't feel annoyed to me.
Ticia wrote:1) He was going to a bbq. No mention of Dan, of course, because Phil now is the King of "I" (I do, I watched, I was, I visited, I played).
I totally disagree with this if what you're implying is that he was trying to distance himself from Dan by not mentioning Dan.

Phil has always used I in reference to a lot of things he did, but in this 30 minute liveshow he talked about Dan so much that even he pointed out how he was saying 'Dan and I'/'me and Dan' - he talked about Dan's pneumonia and how Dan was feeling, he talked about how he spent his day helping Dan film a video, he talked about how he was using Dan's laptop, he talked about how they went to the editing suite, he talked about how he's not playing Pokemon so he doesn't get too far ahead of filming but Dan's playing and he watches Dan.

He might default to 'I' just by force of habit but it's definitely not out of any kind of attempt at making people believe he doesn't do things with Dan, lol.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:I actually really enjoyed the liveshow. He seemed upbeat, slightly distracted but generally into it. He laughed a lot, he smiled a lot, he was lighthearted but Phil's moods in a ls are either annoyed or happy and this didn't feel annoyed to me.
Ticia wrote:1) He was going to a bbq. No mention of Dan, of course, because Phil now is the King of "I" (I do, I watched, I was, I visited, I played).
I totally disagree with this if what you're implying is that he was trying to distance himself from Dan by not mentioning Dan.

Phil has always used I in reference to a lot of things he did, but in this 30 minute liveshow he talked about Dan so much that even he pointed out how he was saying 'Dan and I'/'me and Dan' - he talked about Dan's pneumonia and how Dan was feeling, he talked about how he spent his day helping Dan film a video, he talked about how he was using Dan's laptop, he talked about how they went to the editing suite, he talked about how he's not playing Pokemon so he doesn't get too far ahead of filming but Dan's playing and he watches Dan.

He might default to 'I' just by force of habit but it's definitely not out of any kind of attempt at making people believe he doesn't do things with Dan, lol.
Totally agree with all of this.
I'm hoping for the roast yourself challenge.
lilMango
morning quiff

I bet it's the roast urself challenge

edit: damn.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
deerly
glabella
Pronouns: they/them

Oh, oh guys I REALLY hope it's his way to say that there's a roast yourself challenge coming but also I'm sceptical because he's not ready to address all of his flaws yet and then there's no point please prove me wrong Danny edit: haha i was late
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

alittledizzy wrote:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree, because this is exactly the vibe I'm getting from him lately
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Agreed dizzy I really enjoyed the ls, sad it was so short.
Dan's tweet: I know you guys are hoping for a roast yourself challenge but I don't want to? I feel like I'm going to cringe too much, lol I'm very sensitive, to this day I could only watch the one he made about being a meme once and covering my face. But I'm happy for you guys that want it.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

lilMango wrote: I bet it's the roast urself challenge

edit: damn.
With the emojis he's used I reckon it must be. I hope it is, he has the right level of sarcastic humour to make it good. Really looking forwards to tomorrow now!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
corn flakes
moon room

Still have to see phil's ls but a video maybe from dan? raspy voice and all?
But please not a roast one, can't stand the majority of them :sideeye:

Dan's reaction to dev's comment was less awkard than expected.

About the "I", I feel like the majority of times is made on purpose but this time maybe dan is not going or he is already over there?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
blueapple_x
flower crown

Omg I hope it's the roast yourself challenge! I'm so curious to see how honest he'd be and what things he'd address
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Ticia wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree, because this is exactly the vibe I'm getting from him lately
Weird that you are getting that vibe lately, because one of my notes from last week's live show was that he said 'we' quite a few times. Sad that he didn't continue with that this week. Although in that 30 minutes we still had quite a few Dan mentions.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

IF
it is the "Roast yourself" challenge,
I wonder what subjects he will touch,
Would he just #GoWithTheBrand or like ACTUALLY roast himself?

Now I'm anticipating this so much.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

blueapple_x wrote:Omg I hope it's the roast yourself challenge! I'm so curious to see how honest he'd be and what things he'd address
im so lazy, im a meme lord, i dress all in black, no videos in years, lurking on the tumbs, weird 2011 hair never go back please

I really, really hope that he goes out of his 2015-2016 brand (if it's the roast yourself challenge, of course)
backin09
living flop

I find all the roast yourself vids cringe but i'm curious to see what topics he will address. pls don't disappoint me dan
without the internet, we never would have met
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

I think the roast yourself challenge was practically made for Dan but unfortunately, all of those 'reasons why dans a fail' leads me to believe that that cow cannot be milked anymore. I don't feel like there's any 'original content' before, and PLUS I thought he didn't like doing challenge videos because they're not original enough?
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
itsonlybeth
sofa crease

SquishPhan wrote:
Ticia wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
Weird that you are getting that vibe lately, because one of my notes from last week's live show was that he said 'we' quite a few times. Sad that he didn't continue with that this week. Although in that 30 minutes we still had quite a few Dan mentions.
I noticed today that Phil's first mention of Dan was a mere 1 min 30 in.
~ fight me you ceramic bitch ~
deerly
glabella
Pronouns: they/them

Anonymousse wrote: Would he just #GoWithTheBrand or like ACTUALLY roast himself?
I really hope he actually properly roasts himself because if it's the first one I won't be able to watch it I'll be cringing and crying of embarrassment in one corner of the room with my laptop with Dan on the screen abandoned in the other
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Ticia wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Omg I hope it's the roast yourself challenge! I'm so curious to see how honest he'd be and what things he'd address
im so lazy, im a meme lord, i dress all in black, no videos in years, lurking on the tumbs, weird 2011 hair never go back please

I really, really hope that he goes out of his 2015-2016 brand (if it's the roast yourself challenge, of course)
Oh jeez, same here. In one of his recent liveshows, his hint for the next dinof video was "something I'd need my voice for"....which is a duh because every video requires speaking...but the way he said it and the fact that that was his hint had me wondering if it's for the roast yourself challenge.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

Anonymousse wrote:IF
it is the "Roast yourself" challenge,
I wonder what subjects he will touch,
Would he just #GoWithTheBrand or like ACTUALLY roast himself?

Now I'm anticipating this so much.
same

is he gonna go the 'i'm an awkward human oh no how tragic' way or the 'the biggest reason i'm successful is bc people want to know if i'm fucking my best friend' way

the possibilities are endless

i think i'm gonna enjoy it either way because i like that challenge a lot but boy if he actually roast HIMSELF and not dinof it has the potential to be amazing

by the way, it pains me to say this, but emma blackery did a pretty good job with her roast yourself challenge if you wanna know what i would like to see from dan
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
lilMango
morning quiff

yeah I'm expecting the video to be like "wow you can't even form sentences wow you are so lazy wow" but I'm still excited to see his attempt at making a rap because I know it'll be the whitest thing in the world
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
ostiral
sofa crease

Oh, my brain was like "omg, bbc radio one maybe, because tomorrow is monday help", but then all of you just killed my dreams. :lol:
If this is roast, i wait for something good, i know he can do this properly.
Sorry for my english.
Philena
blobfish

trashqueen wrote:is he gonna go the 'i'm an awkward human oh no how tragic' way or the ''the biggest reason i'm successful is bc people want to know if i'm fucking my best friend' way

the possibilities are endless
Oh, if only. I have a feeling this is going to be with really epic or incredibly cringe. I guess like most DINOF content.

No, Phil hasn't been distancing himself from Dan. I mean, really, the difference in how much he mentions Dan now vs even 6 months ago is striking. LS was fine! Good, short show.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Next thread here
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: