Dan & Phil Part 20: You are my Pikachu

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
PolarFox
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

bluewho wrote:
So we can expect a book announcement vid today or tomorrow? Cool
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
bee
phabergé

fancybum wrote:Ooh joint liveshow to announce the book bitches.
Yes maybe? Probably.
If they're as jolly as the liveshow after the first book announcement..

Winston the universe has listened to you! (maybe.. if you're able to watch tomorrow)

Also I loved Undertale, but I'm very late so nvm.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

A joint liveshow? Tomorrow?

Looking foward to mingling?

I hope it's going to be on LiveJasmin instead of YouNow.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

bluewho
truth bomb

Anonymousse wrote:A joint liveshow? Tomorrow?

Looking foward to mingling?

I hope it's going to be on LiveJasmin instead of YouNow.

"something cool to talk about...finally" they are blatantly telling us about phan obvs.

Cynical conspiracy theory ahead:
Do you think they are being all domestic because they want to sell more book copies?
stella
living flop

bluewho wrote: Cynical conspiracy theory ahead:
Do you think they are being all domestic because they want to sell more book copies? Not that they aren't always, but I feel like they wouldn't normally show us that much of their domestic life?
I feel like that's definitely possible.

We'll see what happens in the liveshow, I guess!

It will be pretty hilarious if it is the book - all of us and a large amount of the phandom sitting there saying "we know, bitch" :lol: I'm excited anyway though!
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Damn I hope someone records it tmr. Dan didn't mention it was a joint show did he?
fancybum
senpai

blueapple_x wrote:Dammit I'm not going to be able to watch it live tomorrow. Dan didn't mention it was a joint show did he?
No, but if it is about the book, it would only make sense. Probably just putting it off until tomorrow because Phil isn't back yet.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

blueapple_x wrote:Damn I hope someone records it tmr. Dan didn't mention it was a joint show did he?
No, and he also said "I'll do my live show" and "I'll have something cool to talk about"…
maybe he bought a house just for himself and (finally) doesn't have to live with a flatmate anymore. Phil can't afford rent on his own and therefore had to move back to his parents house and eat their cereal.
corn flakes
moon room

PolarFox wrote:
bluewho wrote:
So we can expect a book announcement vid today or tomorrow? Cool
While, reading now here, it's highly probable a book announcement my mind at first went towards:
-eu tatinof tour
-bbc radio show return,if only :cry:
or maybe a japhan 2?
but yay probs a joint one!( as why change the day)
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
blueapple_x
flower crown

fancybum wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Dammit I'm not going to be able to watch it live tomorrow. Dan didn't mention it was a joint show did he?
No, but if it is about the book, it would only make sense. Probably just putting it off until tomorrow because Phil isn't back yet.
True.
stella
living flop

This is really unlikely but do you think it's possible Phil isn't an author of this book?
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
bluewho
truth bomb

kusunoki masashige wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Damn I hope someone records it tmr. Dan didn't mention it was a joint show did he?
No, and he also said "I'll do my live show" and "I'll have something cool to talk about"…
maybe he bought a house just for himself and (finally) doesn't have to live with a flatmate anymore. Phil can't afford rent on his own and therefore had to move back to his parents house and eat their cereal.
:gg:
:sobs: #phandivorce :(

I think though that they have both been able to afford their own places for a while now though, they must live together out of co-dependence choice? :lol:
Last edited by bluewho on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grannypants
living flop

wow, so much has happened in the last 24 hours!!

v late undertale: nice enough video, phil made it though with his little comments. for real though i watched jack's undertale series religiously but i don't recognise half the stuff in deppy's undertale :?

those instagram vids just prove how fuckin married they are. literally nothing has changed since 2009, they still can't go a day without seeing each others' faces

hoping the joint live show is to announce the second book just cos they'll be excited and happy in it. i may be secretly hoping it's about their return to the sunday slot on radio one though. a girl can dream

stella2000 tbh i think that's highly unlikely and hopefully not true cos if it is #phandivorced
"don't mind me, just having a little float" - dan howell
PolarFox
truth bomb

stella2000 wrote:Image

This is really unlikely but do you think it's possible Phil isn't an author of this book?
is dan going the way of life guru and making his own lifestyle book?
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'll be the cynic here and say I don't think this is about the book. That sort of thing would be announced by video. (But hey, I'm all for another video coming out tonight.)

Same goes for if it's a European tour announcement - I'd expect a video or tweet. Though I'd also have expected leaked dates by now, with the way things have been going.

All that said, and barring a #PhanDivorce, it's probably just to chat about insta stories or something similarly insignificant. Or a move. A move would be cool. As always though, I'd love to be proven wrong.
DeadlyNova
living flop

I just immediately installed instagram and am watching Dan's story over and over again I feel so blessed.

I am excited about the liveshow tomorrow, and I also hope it's a joint one since Phil didn't do one this week and the one before was so short. Either way I'll have to wait for someone to upload it because I have to go to work at the exact time it starts. T,T (I would have had to if it was today too, so meh.)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Nope he's definitely involved. I just saw someone post on Twitter that the url danandphilgooutside.com was registered back in May. I looked into it myself and it's true, channelflip registered it. So the liveshow is either about the second book or the European leg of the tour.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

PolarFox wrote:
stella2000 wrote:
is dan going the way of life guru and making his own lifestyle book?
blueapple_x
flower crown

I think his liveshow will be about the release date for the documentary. I also think they would do a video to announce the second book (or talk about the Europe tour) rather than a liveshow…but I guess it’s possible they ran out of time to film one? Maybe it'll be about both. Idk, then again I feel like they'll treat the second book more casually so yeah...a liveshow book announcement is possible.
stella
living flop

missemma wrote:

Nope he's definitely involved. I just saw someone post on Twitter that the url danandphilgooutside.com was registered back in May. I looked into it myself and it's true, channelflip registered it. So the liveshow is either about the second book or the European leg of the tour.
Ah, okay! That's good, I'm not ready for a phan divorce.
Ticia wrote:
On the other hand, I also need this in my life. Please, Dan, if you're lurking, make it happen
fancybum
senpai

I thought the consensus was they're trying to make a lesser deal out of this book (as the first one was hyped as the full D&P story and whatever so to do that twice wouldn't work) and especially if the release is actually Nov, they're giving way less notice already. Plus they could easily drop a video later today or tomorrow before the liveshow occurs. We'll see.
Rigby
lady door

I'm not sure what to think of the instagram thing, it's too obviously baitey (Edit: actually I meant to say fanservice-y) for me to be very trash about it... I'll probably check it out again later because I'm with my dad and I didn't bring headphones lol
fancybum
senpai

wtf is baitey about a skype call

Edit: wtf is fanservice-y about a skype call

Like just the fact that he posted him and Phil skyping is fanservice? Was him posting himself riding a bus fanservice? Shirtless in bed? Every single thing posted to social media ever because fans understandably want to see what he does in his day-to-day life? Is breathing fanservice?
supermassive
not a first-time poster

hello hello first time posting here bla bla bla, i haven't been very up to date with all the danandphil stuff lately and only occasionally check idb, could someone explain what's the deal with a new book please?? i haven't heard about that and i'm kind of lost right now haha, when did you guys find out about it?
Reizam
butt chair

Welp, time to give in and finally get Instagram... worth it for some daily domestic goodness

I agree that an official video would probably be made for something big like a book or tour. My guess is the liveshow will be about this, considering the fans loyal enough to sit through the hour-long liveshows would be the ones who'd care/get excited about this.