Dan & Phil Part 21: Say Howdy to InDepthBants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Rigby
lady door

000dia000 wrote:I just thought we could divert our attention for a moment to this post from tumblr about sharing clothes:
Personally, it feels spot on but some of you guys can notice small details others do not, so feel free to pick apart of the seams (quite literally) on their shirts. Asides from that, I always found it kind of cute how they have similar pieces of clothing to each other (that is aside from cases where they downright share borrow items)
The pockets are different! Dan's pocket has the same pattern as the rest of the shirt, while Phil's has a horizontal pattern.

Edit: quality top-of-the-page post. Also, I didn't even notice the dinosaurs on Phil's shirt :lol:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Rigby wrote:
000dia000 wrote:I just thought we could divert our attention for a moment to this post from tumblr about sharing clothes:
Personally, it feels spot on but some of you guys can notice small details others do not, so feel free to pick apart of the seams (quite literally) on their shirts. Asides from that, I always found it kind of cute how they have similar pieces of clothing to each other (that is aside from cases where they downright share borrow items)
The pockets are different! Dan's pocket has the same pattern as the rest of the shirt, while Phil's has a horizontal pattern.

Edit: quality top-of-the-page post. Also, I didn't even notice the dinosaurs on Phil's shirt :lol:
Also the patterns, they are very different (I used to be in the supernatural fandom, I know my flannels lol jk) they both are red but if you look at the 'clearer/brighter/less pigmented' wtf is the term in english squares (bad pic quality but they are more visible in Dan's arm and Phils chest), Dans look like they have lines going trhough them and Phils don't.
Last edited by LurkingTrash on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
000dia000
emo goose

Okay, so the same shirt in this case is pretty much debunked, though I'm still always surprised by the similar wardrobes.
:cactus:
Rigby
lady door

Wow, ok, half an hour later I realise I wanted to say "diagonal" and I wrote "horizontal" :'(
starlight-still
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

I'm late but...eh. Keeping it under the cut in case you'd rather not.
It's 'cause you haven't posted the second video yet, even the Pokémon themselves are starting to wonder what's up :sideeye:
Those curls...

I gotta go...take a walk. It's all been said, I'm right there in the with all of you. Meanwhile, poor Philly looks like he needs to be standing next to another type of fan. Someone at least get him something refreshing to dr-
There it is.
Hopefully, they've escaped the humidity and are enjoying a refreshing sea breeze by now! 8-)

Any guesses on what the first tweet from down under will be? First creature sighting? Are there any special Australian pastries or cakes he can write home about?
uglyamerican
woodland creature

000dia000 wrote:
Okay, so the same shirt in this case is pretty much debunked, though I'm still always surprised by the similar wardrobes.
When they were in Vegas during the tour, they wore these same plaid shirts when the went out to celebrate Dan's birthday.

[Instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/BGlpWYjrvBZ/[/Instagram]
Last edited by uglyamerican on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
anathema
morning quiff

starlight-still wrote: Any guesses on what the first tweet from down under will be? First creature sighting? Are there any special Australian pastries or cakes he can write home about?
The flight/jetlag maybe? From Dan if he wants to keep up the whole "What do you mean 23 hours?!" thing, lol.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
uglyamerican
woodland creature

anathema wrote:
starlight-still wrote: Any guesses on what the first tweet from down under will be? First creature sighting? Are there any special Australian pastries or cakes he can write home about?
The flight/jetlag maybe? From Dan if he wants to keep up the whole "What do you mean 23 hours?!" thing, lol.
Why the assumption that they've left HK already? Twitter silence? No sightings today? (meaning Monday in HK, which was yesterday as I write this :? ) Or tomorrow, meaning today (Tuesday) in HK?
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

uglyamerican wrote:
anathema wrote:
Why the assumption that they've left HK already? Twitter silence? No sightings today? (meaning Monday in HK, which was yesterday as I write this :? ) Or tomorrow, meaning today (Tuesday) in HK?
If they left on 8/8 (today for me) I think they should be on Perth already if they went on Cathay Pacific.

{flight information removed - jesp}

EDIT: That's my timezone not theirs here's about 23.59 of 8/8.
Last edited by jesp on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed sensitive information
anathema
morning quiff

karlitatvphan wrote: If they left on 8/8 (today for me) I think they should be on Perth already if they went on Cathay Pacific.

If some of the people who met them waited to post their photos, they could've been on that flight, but if not they're still in HK. (Unless there was a later flight on a different airline?)

(Edit:) In related news, allegedly there's a group of people waiting out at the HK airport hoping to run into them :|
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

anathema wrote:
karlitatvphan wrote: If they left on 8/8 (today for me) I think they should be on Perth already if they went on Cathay Pacific.

If some of the people who met them waited to post their photos, they could've been on that flight, but if not they're still in HK. (Unless there was a later flight on a different airline?)
All the flights were at the same time in the different airlines, they should be in Perth, if there are no pictures yet I think that, yes, they might still be in Hong Kong.
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

I hate to doble post but I dont know why I can't edit my last post, but THEY'RE LEAVING NOW.
{flight info removed - jesp}

EDIT: More pics.
Philly waving goodbye, cutie!
If you notice they have the socks in their hands in the previous pics
Last edited by jesp on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
anathema
morning quiff

Ugh, I feel so bad for them. I would honestly hate to see that many people (or three for that matter) waiting out for me at an airport!!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That one of Phil walking through the airport is a pretty good shot. Hope it wasn't too crazy for them, there's about 30 in that crowd, sweet of them to stop and everything.
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

^Yes I thought it was absolutely brilliant that there were so many people there :)

More cuteness:
manged
lady door

I'm laughing at these photos! As if international flights weren't stressful enough. If I were them, I'd be genuinely embarrassed to have all that attention drawn toward me in an airport of all places. A small group of fans stalking the terminals, okay sure that's to be expected. An entire fucking meetup while you're trying to board a flight though? Doopy are good sports, I'll give them that.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Honestly the whole thing with the fans waiting for them in the airport bothers me so much.
First of all, I'm assuming that most of these fans are under age so how are the parents ok with this happening?? What parent in their right mind would let their child wait in an airport for hours on end (which I think some of them were) to possibly see their idols before they get on a plane. I get it's exciting to have your favorites in your county, yes, but it's a bit extreme to do this. Most of them were planning this "meetup" and actually making sure it added up with the flight times. It's one thing to know when their flying out, just to know when they are possibly leaving for your own curiosity sake. What you guys were doing on here was actually really interesting and respectful to wait to post the possible flight until after its landed and their most likely away from their airport. But it's a whole other thing to do that for going to an airport to find them and get a selfie with them. :? Stalking like that isn't cool no matter who it is, these kids and the parents of these kids really should get that though their heads.
I actually cringed when looking at some of those photos because it's just... Too much. How even handed that, I don't even know. I know many people wouldn't have been about too. But I mean at least they were nice about it, unlike some famous people would've been.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
spider
ar·tic·u·late

manged wrote:I'm laughing at these photos! As if international flights weren't stressful enough. If I were them, I'd be genuinely embarrassed to have all that attention drawn toward me in an airport of all places. A small group of fans stalking the terminals, okay sure that's to be expected. An entire fucking meetup while you're trying to board a flight though? Doopy are good sports, I'll give them that.
Embarrassed for . Nice of them to stop and say hi but what a spectacle. Those fans are really shameless.
anathema
morning quiff

confusedpanda wrote:Honestly the whole thing with the fans waiting for them in the airport bothers me so much.
First of all, I'm assuming that most of these fans are under age so how are the parents ok with this happening?? What parent in their right mind would let their child wait in an airport for hours on end (which I think some of them were) to possibly see their idols before they get on a plane. I get it's exciting to have your favorites in your county, yes, but it's a bit extreme to do this. Most of them were planning this "meetup" and actually making sure it added up with the flight times. It's one thing to know when their flying out, just to know when they are possibly leaving for your own curiosity sake. What you guys were doing on here was actually really interesting and respectful to wait to post the possible flight until after its landed and their most likely away from their airport. But it's a whole other thing to do that for going to an airport to find them and get a selfie with them. :? Stalking like that isn't cool no matter who it is, these kids and the parents of these kids really should get that though their heads.
I actually cringed when looking at some of those photos because it's just... Too much. How even handed that, I don't even know. I know many people wouldn't have been about too. But I mean at least they were nice about it, unlike some famous people would've been.
I personally hate seeing things like this too. I mean, 30+ people standing around an airport waiting to see them? Not okay. I feel so bad for Dan and Phil but luckily it seems like they handled it well.
jesp
why bother

Moderating

People, don't post the exact times of Dan and Phil's flights when they're still travelling. I've removed some of the information from a few posts.

Once they're clear of the airport, and any groups of fans ready to mob them, you can go back to talking about the flight details.
Whereisvinci
tol bean

Didn't bother to go to the airport to meet them even though I want to meet them so badly :| didn't want to be a stalker and disrupt them. Some of the pics are actually quite nice and cute but pretending to take selfies and secretly taking pics of behind their backs is a bit cringe for me :roll:
Nothing more to say so I'll just shut up
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

My thoughts on impromptu and undesired meetups:

Is Phil holding both of their passports? Stupid and irrelevant question, I know.
trinitypixi
tol bean

Hello! Been lurking on gg and idb for a while now. Saw this yesterday while shopping at co op getting some frozen peas and light bulbs thought I should somehow contribute.
https://instagram.com/p/BI2_tM6DVv0/
https://instagram.com/p/BI2_takjpHf/
Isn't it a bit late for Shout to be putting that picture in there magazine since the picture came out in like fucking may? :|
'Never take ice cream from a guy named Wyatt' - Rex Everybody wants to be Poppy
corn flakes
moon room

I'm really bothered by that airport stalking, like already said where are those kids parents? The easiest rules of life is to treat others like you want to be treated, doesn't take a genius to not search for their info and then stalk them at their airport. They can't be anything else but good sports, this is not the first time it happened and if they claimed to be left alone as they have a flight to take there will always be someone that will get angry and indignant over that. :roll:
Ticia maybe? at the end dan forgive him that time he nearly lost them?(or I have dreamed it)
trinitypixi wrote:Hello! Been lurking on gg and idb for a while now. Saw this yesterday while shopping at co op getting some frozen peas and light bulbs thought I should somehow contribute.

Isn't it a bit late for Shout to be putting that picture in there magazine since the picture came out in like fucking may? :|
That is Shout for you.

btw welcome
Last edited by corn flakes on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

karlitatvphan wrote: Philly waving goodbye, cutie!
what a beautiful human being
dan and phil are so nice when it comes to that airport mob. i have no idea how they can still smile and wave when they have to get on a flight. every flight i've waited for ive sat with my eyes locked on my phone refusing to make eye contact with anyone.
trinitypixi wrote:Hello! Been lurking on gg and idb for a while now. Saw this yesterday while shopping at co op getting some frozen peas and light bulbs thought I should somehow contribute.
https://instagram.com/p/BI2_tM6DVv0/
https://instagram.com/p/BI2_takjpHf/
this is the same Shout mag that just prints out their tweets like its wild new info. :lol: they clearly dgaf