Dan & Phil Part 24: I got moist for you, Phil

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Credit: anunstablephangirl - tumblr

the word moist makes me cringe.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
bear
hobbit hair

Loving the thread name! And I love those gifs.
melon lord wrote:
random personal tangent:
I've been watching the phanshows videos from the beginning of his Younow and I remember those days, man good times :lol: I was really active in the Unmentionable Place from the beginning threads, and a long time after life got in the way and I forgot about it.

Trying to re-introduce myself into a community to help myself a little has been so much fun. You guys are so fun and funny and amazing, I just wanted to say that. It's helping me feel a little bit less sad and gives me something to look forward to. Thanks to you guys and to for making my days a bit brighter.
What was your old user on there if you don't mind saying? Anyways, no problem! I love IDB so much because everyone has so many interesting perspectives. You guys are all so honest and there's always a place for discussion here that you can't have anywhere else. Thanks everyone!
Philena
blobfish

Ah, the most relatable thread name to date!

:platonic: Hugs for you, melon lord. I can completely relate!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

bear wrote:I love IDB so much because everyone has so many interesting perspectives. You guys are all so honest and there's always a place for discussion here that you can't have anywhere else. Thanks everyone!
Same! I love it here and I'm glad this place exists. The discussions are always so passionate and I enjoy them. I have a lot of love for this community we've made and am astounded every day with the amount of members we have accumulated. Never stop posting guys
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Anonymousse wrote: WHY HAS NOBODY POSTED THIS YET? or am I blind?

Love the curls, boy.
My heart hurts for the poor dead houseplant in the back D:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

I love this place but people tend to be very inconsistent here, sometimes people just disappear for weeks, like myself, and sometimes the thread moves so fast I can't follow it... and other times people don't post tweets for 30 minutes.

Cmon! consistency!

I love you all even though I will be meeting most of you in hell, probably.

Anyways, does someone have any good theories about what Dan's curly hair means and how it could be a form of him accepting himself as he is (like Spider!?!?)

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

IDB is a lovely place (but impossible to keep up when you are on holiday )

Dans curly hair picture was perfect. I really hope he keeps going with it.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
eevee
emo goose

Anonymousse wrote:Anyways, does someone have any good theories about what Dan's curly hair means and how it could be a form of him accepting himself as he is (like Spider!?!?)
I think it's def a step in the right direction because he seems to be more and more comfortable with the "wavy" hair as time goes on, however there may be a line between "wavy" and "curly" as evidenced by the tweet. I personally relate to this, I used to have extremely curly hair as a child and I straightened it every day in middle school and a lot of days in high school. As time went on it kinda relaxed and now it dries wavy. I'm much happier with it wavy rather than curly because it's easier to manage and I believe looks better. So maybe Dan feels this way too. Maybe he really likes the waves but once they start to turn to curls he draws the line. I personally really like his hair curly but I'll take wavy as well tbh. Maybe we're reaching a new era of phan where Dan's hair is wavy every day and Phil stops dying his hair. A girl can dream.

I say that now but if it happens I'll probably be nostalgic as hell of the fringe branding...then again, I get more and more nostalgic every day
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
fancybum
senpai

I like the black hair on Phil, he pulls it off soooo well, but I wouldn't object to a quiff. Curly/wavy hair on Dan and a quiff on Phil: just imagine the updated hairy boob sweater. Oh damn now I have an urge to actually buy one just for the future nostalgia.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
melon lord
morning quiff

bear wrote:Loving the thread name! And I love those gifs.

What was your old user on there if you don't mind saying? Anyways, no problem! I love IDB so much because everyone has so many interesting perspectives. You guys are all so honest and there's always a place for discussion here that you can't have anywhere else. Thanks everyone!
My username is usurpadora there, I just wanted a different one because I didn't necessarily want the association. Also it has been a long time since I was on the threads and a lot of stuff in my life happened between then and now so I feel it's not a fair representation. :thumb: Once again the choice of username was random, and I remember that despite the drama during that time when threads flew by, I had a community for a while. My friends are either really busy with their lives or abroad, and Dan's "stay all day at home on the internet" is pretty much my existence.

But yes, thanks you guys :platonic:
Anonymousse wrote:I love this place but people tend to be very inconsistent here, sometimes people just disappear for weeks, like myself, and sometimes the thread moves so fast I can't follow it... and other times people don't post tweets for 30 minutes.

Cmon! consistency!

I love you all even though I will be meeting most of you in hell, probably.

Anyways, does someone have any good theories about what Dan's curly hair means and how it could be a form of him accepting himself as he is (like Spider!?!?)
Hell ain't such a bad place once you get the hang of it

It can be inconsistent but that's relaxing for me, personally. :D I don't feel the rush to be posting a lot, compared to the other place. It's more like casual chit chat.

Also I hope he's accepting his hair because it's a gift to mankind and he doesn't do it justice by straightening it. I never understood where his aversion to his hair came from, curly hair is bomb af.

syzygy
drama llama

lol i was waiting for his hair to gradually get curlier ever since he started wearing it natural. i remember when i initially stopped using straighteners and my hair was wavy, then gradually the curls were unleashed. as much as i don't want him to i feel like he might be reaching for the straighteners soon. gotta keep on top of your heat damage if you want those waves.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

fancybum wrote:I like the black hair on Phil, he pulls it off soooo well, but I wouldn't object to a quiff. Curly/wavy hair on Dan and a quiff on Phil
Yes to all of this.

I really like Phil with black hair, so I would want him to keep it. A big yes to the quiff, the few pics we have of him with one are great.
stella
living flop

Loving that picture.

I'm really looking forward to the next DINOF/AP video. When do you guys think we can expect one?
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
bear
hobbit hair

So I was lurking on phanantiproof (I know you lurk on here Ren hi :) ) and she was talking about how their manager controls (more like suggests) a lot of their actions for them to stay relevant. I know their manager suggests a lot of things for them, but how much do you guys think they listen? Is their manager the one who told them to start shipbaiting? How much does she actually do for them? This has been on my mind for a while.
SquishPhan wrote:I like the black hair on Phil, he pulls it off soooo well, but I wouldn't object to a quiff. Curly/wavy hair on Dan and a quiff on Phil
Yessss. I want Phil to change his hair in some way, it doesn't have to be a quiff. I don't like his current haircut. And I'm 100% trash for wavy/curly haired Dan. It suits him better.
stella wrote:Loving that picture.

I'm really looking forward to the next DINOF/AP video. When do you guys think we can expect one?
Hopefully this weekend, but I bet more like some time next week.
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

stella wrote:Loving that picture.

I think we can expect one next week or in two weeks I'm really hoping for next week
:biheart:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bear wrote:So I was lurking on phanantiproof (I know you lurk on here Ren hi :) ) and she was talking about how their manager controls (more like suggests) a lot of their actions for them to stay relevant. I know their manager suggests a lot of things for them, but how much do you guys think they listen? Is their manager the one who told them to start shipbaiting? How much does she actually do for them? This has been on my mind for a while.
First off I don’t think they shipbait, so I can’t say anything about that. For the rest though, I don’t buy that anyone is controlling them. Dan and Phil are notorious control freaks, and there is no way they will just listen to a person that is telling them what to do. I really can’t see it. Sure they might have suggestions, but it’s still up to them what to do with that.
bluewho
truth bomb

melon lord wrote:
random personal tangent:
Trying to re-introduce myself into a community to help myself a little has been so much fun. You guys are so fun and funny and amazing, I just wanted to say that. It's helping me feel a little bit less sad and gives me something to look forward to. Thanks to you guys and to for making my days a bit brighter.
*insert mushy crap here about how great everyone on IDB is. Even though we may disagree sometimes, I stan you all *
Anonymousse wrote: I love you all even though I will be meeting most of you in hell, probably.
Yes, let's face it, we are dirty bitches after all
:lol:

Anonymousse wrote: WHY HAS NOBODY POSTED THIS YET? or am I blind?

Love the curls, boy.

Anonymousse wrote: Anyways, does someone have any good theories about what Dan's curly hair means and how it could be a form of him accepting himself as he is (like Spider!?!?)
I want to say Spider your post in the last thread was very eloquent, and everything I wanted to say but articulated well unlike my posts

I don't expect to compete with that kind of eloquence, but maybe this'll do for now:

I think Dan still struggles with insecurities and he's not yet reached a place of absolute self-acceptance - (but who has?). But he really has come so far. He's gone from being so insecure and self-conscious about his hair that he couldn't do a liveshow without incessantly fiddling with it, or even not being able to do one at all without putting a hat on he was so self conscious - and now he's happy walking around with curly hair. I really think he didn't make any promises to wear it like this all the time, and instead suggested it would be 'random' because he is still self conscious and doesn't want that pressure of 'having' to do it if he's not comfortable. But he's still come a long way, and I see it as just a small part of his character development into a person who's comfortable in his own skin, sexuality, views and - indeed - hair

Last liveshow he said something like 'Thank you that is much appreciated' when someone commented on how nice his curly hair looks. To me this just shows that he is finally starting to listen and accept that he doesn't need to be insecure about his natural hair, and maybe it has all finally helped to give him some confidence in himself. He hardly fiddles with it at all anymore in liveshows.

If the phandom has contributed towards one positive thing, it's helping Dan to become more self-accepting, although I'm pleased to see him get there in his own time, on his own terms and using his own strength and courage

Yes, you can all throw up now. Is this my sappiest dangirl post yet? Are there awards for this kind of thing?
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

bluewho wrote:
Anonymousse wrote: I love you all even though I will be meeting most of you in hell, probably.
Yes, let's face it, we are dirty bitches after all
:lol:

bluewho wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:Anyways, does someone have any good theories about what Dan's curly hair means and how it could be a form of him accepting himself as he is (like Spider!?!?)
I want to say Spider your post in the last thread was very eloquent, and everything I wanted to say but articulated well unlike my posts

I don't expect to compete with that kind of eloquence, but maybe this'll do for now:

I think Dan still struggles with insecurities and he's not yet reached a place of absolute self-acceptance - (but who has?). But he really has come so far. He's gone from being so insecure and self-conscious about his hair that he couldn't do a liveshow without incessantly fiddling with it, or even not being able to do one at all without putting a hat on he was so self conscious - and now he's happy walking around with curly hair. I really think he didn't make any promises to wear it like this all the time, and instead suggested it would be 'random' because he is still self conscious and doesn't want that pressure of 'having' to do it if he's not comfortable. But he's still come a long way, and I see it as just a small part of his character development into a person who's comfortable in his own skin, sexuality, views and - indeed - hair

Last liveshow he said something like 'Thank you that is much appreciated' when someone commented on how nice his curly hair looks To me this just shows that he is finally starting to listen and accept that he doesn't need to be insecure about his natural hair, and maybe it has all finally helped to give him some confidence in himself. He hardly fiddles with it at all anymore in liveshows

If the phandom has contributed towards one positive thing, it's helping Dan to become more self-accepting, although I'm pleased to see him get there in his own time, on his own terms and using his own strength and courage
Yes, you can all throw up now. Is this my sappiest Dangirl post yet? Are awards for this kind of thing?
It's okay, we're all sappy Dangirls inside ;)

I'm also glad that Dan seems to appreciate his natural hair a bit more
melon lord
morning quiff

bluewho wrote:

Last liveshow he said something like 'Thank you that is much appreciated' when someone commented on how nice his curly hair looks. To me this just shows that he is finally starting to listen and accept that he doesn't need to be insecure about his natural hair, and maybe it has all finally helped to give him some confidence in himself. He hardly fiddles with it at all anymore in liveshows.

Yes, you can all throw up now. Is this my sappiest dangirl post yet? Are there awards for this kind of thing?
There's an award now congrats you're top dangirl :lol: (I'm sorry I have no life)

But yes I hope he becomes more confident because he's an absolute patootie with curly hair and I don't know who made him feel bad about it but I hope he accepts himself more. I know what it's like to be too hard on yourself and not accept compliments. I haven't gotten as good as he has, though. :lol:

Winston
flower crown

NarrysCanary! I missed you and your signature gif!

Bluewho I agree with you and our resident 8 legged friend. I think his showing us his true hair is reminiscent of him becoming more and more comfortable within himself. I love that he is finally letting his hair down so to speak, and relaxing a bit. In old live shows I wanted to grab his hands and tell him to freaking relax a little bit, but now it is so much more infrequent, almost dare I say normal hair fussing?

I said it before and I will say it again (and possibly it should be in the conspiracy thread?) that they both wear their hair back when not in front of the cameras more often than not. Which may be why they, Phil especially, keep the fringe. Kind of like actors and costumes. We have glimpses of them caught unawares sometimes and there is the quiff or fringeless. Examples are random from old live shows when one comes in, but not planning on it (i.e.Phil cutting up cardboard), or when they aren't going to be on camera in a video but then accidentally are (i.e. Dan in one of Phil's vids, in a blooper he comes in to scare Phil when he is talking about guy fox) like in a reflection. Also I figure when it's hot, since we have seen pics of Dan fringe free, Jamaica pics and India pics are examples. Also lack of tan line, if he kept it there all the time his forehead would be in theory lighter than the rest of his face, look at latest Snapchat photo. He is a bit tanned from Hong Kong and Australia but his face is all the same shade. I like to think that they have private at home hair, even if it deprives us of some yummy eye candy.
actions speak louder than words
mio
#relatable

bluewho wrote:
Anonymousse wrote: Anyways, does someone have any good theories about what Dan's curly hair means and how it could be a form of him accepting himself as he is (like Spider!?!?)

This!
On a personal note, I have pretty much the same hairstyle as Dan, maybe just a bit longer, and it tends to be wavy too. Which often looks weird at this length, I'm getting big blobs of waves instead of pretty, defined curls. Plus it's really unpredictable, new style everyday yay... So I almost always straighten it because I can be sure it's a decent look then, although maybe a bit boring. I wish I could pull off the natural look more often, because at times I find it turns out really cool, while other times--- not so much. So I totally udnerstand Dan's struggle here. I mean it's obvious he's a control freak in general (and prone to adjusting his hair in videos), so taking that risk must take a lot, and not straightening is like letting go of a bit of control? (...what is this post even)
Anyway, go for it Dan! I support you
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Winston wrote:NarrysCanary! I missed you and your signature gif!
I'll admit that I've missed seeing my signature too and since I recently found back the post in which I found it I thought I could share it with you all : http://wishes-and-stars.tumblr.com/post/149770132101 you're welcome

this post has no contribution whatsoever, ignore it.
Last edited by NarrysCanary on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
flower crown

NarrysCanary wrote:
I'll admit that I've missed seeing my signature too and since I recently found back the post in which I find it I thought I could share it with you all : http://wishes-and-stars.tumblr.com/post/149770132101 you're welcome

:platonic:
actions speak louder than words
bluewho
truth bomb

NarrysCanary wrote:
I'll admit that I've missed seeing my signature too and since I recently found back the post in which I found it I thought I could share it with you all : http://wishes-and-stars.tumblr.com/post/149770132101 you're welcome

Narry, your posts are always a contribution, because they have your signature attached. Breathing fetus Dan is the quality content I signed up for tbh
melon lord wrote: There's an award now congrats you're top dangirl :lol: (I'm sorry I have no life)
I'd just like to make a small speech, thank you to my laptop - you've always been there for me and I couldn't have gotten here without you, and to the internet for ruining my life, most importantly to dan for leading me to my true home - the garbage can ...
melon lord
morning quiff

NarrysCanary wrote:

Wait, that's Dan? I thought it was from Perks of Being a Wallflower I wondered why he was too cute for me to function

Your signature physically pains me in the best possible way