Dan & Phil part 25: 15% depth, 75% bants

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Lurktacularr
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

isabella wrote:Literally the only thing they had to say about 2016 is that they are "comfortable with each other and loveydovey" wow top notch tea there lads
:lol:

Like thanks fam, I don't have eyes or ears so I wasn't aware

If the blog owners are lurking: post it straight to ao3 next time and don't waste my time.

Anyway we've given that enough of our attention I feel - a good laugh, but moving on...

Anyone got any ideas what they might trot out for spooky week? I'm a bit of a horror wimp tbh so I really don't know any horror games besides FNAF (if you can even call that horror). I'm sure they'll bang out a FNAF but have no idea what else.

I really hope they play some proper gritty horror like PT. I just rewatched PT this morning (who says I don't spend my time off productively??) and even though I have to put my hand over half the screen and only watch during daylight I LOVE that video!!

There's something about a game being genuinely challenging/scary that forces them to drop their personas (I said it, shoot me idgaf) so they can properly concentrate and I live for their natural reactions and interactions. Like when Dan got scared and starts rubbing Phil's arm in PT... I can so imagine that being something he actually does when they watch something scary.

Phan aside though I just love a more natural vibe. Phil in particular was so interesting in PT because you'd think AP would be all scared and timid but Phil was the one who was like WE'RE FINE GO FOR IT and pushing Dan on.

Fully expect some bullshit flash game but I really hope they weave at least one scary AF game in there. I'll get my post-it notes ready :lol:
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
phamnotof
morning quiff

Man, 4 pages in one night, thinking there's nothing credible to the troll source certainly provided some fun at least. :D

Somewhat adjacent question: every once in a while, I get an anon on Tumblr or catch a whiff of Twitter rumors regarding Secret Girlfriend Rumors, and like, I know they're fabricated, because *eyes* and stuff - but still.

I want those rumors. I want to know what the other side is entertaining themselves with. Is it Louise? Is it Hazel? Is it a Flipside employee? Is it a fan? Phil's mum and Dan having an affair? (It rhymes = must be true.)

So my question is: does anyone know what spaces I must infiltrate to get this top notch entertainment?
isabella
butt chair

Lurktacularr wrote:There's something about a game being genuinely challenging/scary that forces them to drop their personas (I said it, shoot me idgaf) so they can properly concentrate and I live for their natural reactions and interactions. Like when Dan got scared and starts rubbing Phil's arm in PT... I can so imagine that being something he actually does when they watch something scary.
Thanks for that reminder

I'm so hyped for spooky week though. Judging by last year's closeness progression, Dan should probably just start out in Phil's lap.

Okay I'll seriously stop now :gg:
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Lurktacularr wrote:
Anyone got any ideas what they might trot out for spooky week? I'm a bit of a horror wimp tbh so I really don't know any horror games besides FNAF (if you can even call that horror). I'm sure they'll bang out a FNAF but have no idea what else.

I really hope they play some proper gritty horror like PT. I just rewatched PT this morning (who says I don't spend my time off productively??) and even though I have to put my hand over half the screen and only watch during daylight I LOVE that video!!

There's something about a game being genuinely challenging/scary that forces them to drop their personas (I said it, shoot me idgaf) so they can properly concentrate and I live for their natural reactions and interactions. Like when Dan got scared and starts rubbing Phil's arm in PT... I can so imagine that being something he actually does when they watch something scary.

Phan aside though I just love a more natural vibe. Phil in particular was so interesting in PT because you'd think AP would be all scared and timid but Phil was the one who was like WE'RE FINE GO FOR IT and pushing Dan on.

Fully expect some bullshit flash game but I really hope they weave at least one scary AF game in there. I'll get my post-it notes ready :lol:
I agree, I want something scary. Even though I'm not scared by horror anymore (I watched P.T. and I found it entertaining but not scary). The only thing that gets me sometimes are jumpscares. That's why I love FNAF :lol: Pretty sure they'll play that.

Other possible games:
-They could return to Outlast, but I don't think that will happen. Maybe if they don't know anything else.
-I have no knowledge about games, but I've heard the name Until Dawn several times, it's apparently scary. Maybe they'll play that?
-I could imagine another game in sonic.exe style as well. It's always refreshing to see Phil controlling something and Dan being the one who just watches
-I don't know if they would do another spooky themed Sims video, but it could be a thing as well.
pulvis et umbra sumus
swofro
angel bean

Lurktacularr wrote:

First of all, how dare you use the p-word in the top of the page post

Secondly, I try to google what horror game was released this year and only find dissappointment. Allison Road is supposed to be released this year but the production had been pushed back a bit because of funding problem but I think it is a nice continuation to the death of PT.

I would like to see Dan (with Phil maybe because they hardly ever play alone anymore) play Outlast 2 but that game hasn't been released too.

Maybe they can play Soma or something

Also (wow, nobody post this yet but) Phil retweet this.
Phil also like this tweet where a person #spon their shirt to Ben C.
Love is forever
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

swofro wrote:
lishachi wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:I hope that PG is not going to be forgotten: Dan owes us the Cosplay regalia.
agreed :) although he did say something about playing it once it becomes relevant again or something didn't he? and phil doesn't play it much anymore :( i would love to see the cosplay too i think that's something that needs to be shared for...reasons
Yeah, I think they are waiting for something to be filmed about. So far they'd done the usual catch pokemon, join a team and battle a gym, not sure what else can they do to make an interesting PokeGo vid. Hopefully some update or some kind to happen soon so we can see Dan in his glory trainer outfit.
Maybe they'll film another PG video for spooky week. One where they play at night in some scary place? Somehow my head is convinced there will be a connection between Dan's cosplay and halloween

On one hand i don't like encouraging the making up and spreading of obvious bullshit rumours, but at the same time that blog post was so unintentionally funny, i loved it
Especially the "sources"
Really hope updatedphan isn't involved though, because their twitter is my only connection to the phandom outside of idb and these attention seekers just seem like bad people (and either VERY young or ...well, not smart, sorry :? )
hannah
butt chair

Lurktacularr wrote:There's something about a game being genuinely challenging/scary that forces them to drop their personas (I said it, shoot me idgaf) so they can properly concentrate and I live for their natural reactions and interactions. Like when Dan got scared and starts rubbing Phil's arm in PT... I can so imagine that being something he actually does when they watch something scary.
When was this? I must of missed it and I need a timestamp asap
lishachi
eclipse shirt

nephilimcat wrote: -I have no knowledge about games, but I've heard the name Until Dawn several times, it's apparently scary. Maybe they'll play that?
Until Dawn is a fairly long game, maybe they could just play a small part of it? it's definitely scary.
also, there is a Outlast 2 demo out which looks really good, watched some playthroughs of it (around 20 mins) and its scary af and i don't mind horror
Resident Evil 7 demo looks pretty good too, so they could play that, it thoroughly freaked me out when i watched it lol.
and then theres the new FNAF: sister location?

whatever they do, i can't wait to see them get scared, spooky week is my favourite :D
:biflag: :blackheart:
lishachi
eclipse shirt

hannah wrote:
i would also like to see this
melon lord
morning quiff

Until Dawn is amazing but they would need to keep it fresh and real, no editing shenanigans.

I would pay lots of illegal cash to make it happen though :lol: who do I have to bribe?

ravenreyes
sofa crease

lishachi wrote:
nephilimcat wrote: -I have no knowledge about games, but I've heard the name Until Dawn several times, it's apparently scary. Maybe they'll play that?
Until Dawn is a fairly long game, maybe they could just play a small part of it? it's definitely scary.
also, there is a Outlast 2 demo out which looks really good, watched some playthroughs of it (around 20 mins) and its scary af and i don't mind horror
Resident Evil 7 demo looks pretty good too, so they could play that, it thoroughly freaked me out when i watched it lol.

whatever they do, i can't wait to see them get scared, spooky week is my favourite :D
as someone who doesn't play horror games myself i was just about to mention all of the above, those are the only ones i know about lmao

i would love to see them play until dawn bc it's great, but since it's a longer one idk if they will. also wasn't it mentioned around spooky week last year?
and i just looked up sister location and it's apparently out october 7th so i would probably guess that one at least. i hope so, i actually really enjoy the fnaf games and just from the trailers and things this one looks a lot creepier to me.

idk if anything is going to beat their pt video for me though, but i hope they play something similar to that one. but spooky week is my fave in general, so as long as there's no like 'can your pet' again i'll probably be good

i need to watch the pt video again right away

edit:
isabella wrote:What I'm gathering from last night's events is that even if any of that information is credible, dan and phil are real humans who have lives and problems that they've since worked through. Literally the only thing they had to say about 2016 is that they are "comfortable with each other and loveydovey" wow top notch tea there lads
this is pretty much all there is to say about everything last night tbh
english is not my first language
lishachi
eclipse shirt

ravenreyes wrote:
lishachi wrote:

as someone who doesn't play horror games myself i was just about to mention all of the above, those are the only ones i know about lmao

i would love to see them play until dawn bc it's great, but since it's a longer one idk if they will. also wasn't it mentioned around spooky week last year?
and i just looked up sister location and it's apparently out october 7th so i would probably guess that one at least. i hope so, i actually really enjoy the fnaf games and just from the trailers and things this one looks a lot creepier to me.

idk if anything is going to beat their pt video for me though, but i hope they play something similar to that one. but spooky week is my fave in general, so as long as there's no like 'can your pet' again i'll probably be good

i need to watch the pt video again right away
i love rewatching them play fnaf, dans screams just get me

im totally going to rewatch pt too
eevee
emo goose

lishachi wrote:Until Dawn is a fairly long game, maybe they could just play a small part of it? it's definitely scary.

I agree, Until Dawn is scary but it's long, and it isn't scary for the first at least hour so if they played one episode of it it wouldn't even be scary I really wish they would play a longer game and commit to it, and upload once a week until it's done.....oh gosh that would be amazing.

[offtopic]There's another FNAF? I've been trying to nail down the plot of all these games but it's become too much. Does anyone know where I can go to read a tl;dr of the plot of FNAF? I heard it's a really good plot and since deppy will probably be playing the new one for spooky week I'd like to be up to speed.[/offtopic]
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
phanaconda
dank meme

They'll probably never do it, but I'd love if they played The Cat Lady for spooky week.

It's my favourite horror game of all time because it's pure psychological horror and it deals with extremely complex and mature things like torture, suicide, extreme depression and terminal deseases. The thing is that it deals with all that in a deep and realistic way, it doesn't use it just as shock value. Moreover, the protagonist, Susan (fitting haha), is super likeable, relatable and the player builds a really strong bond with her, because of how damn "real" she feels. The ending also has an incredibly optimistic message for anyone who is dealing with strong depression, like Susan, and will definitely make you cry, but in a good way.

Sorry for that OT rant, but since we are talking about spooky week I really wanted to voice my oppinion about that hidden gem of a game. I know they'll never play it in the gaming channel because of its really mature themes, but if for some reason they are lurking here I hope they play it on their own because of how damn well done it is. The youtuber Cryaotic made a really good let's play of it, and pewdiepie started playing it but it was "too deep" for his channel and audience.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

eevee wrote:
lishachi wrote:Until Dawn is a fairly long game, maybe they could just play a small part of it? it's definitely scary.

I agree, Until Dawn is scary but it's long, and it isn't scary for the first at least hour so if they played one episode of it it wouldn't even be scary I really wish they would play a longer game and commit to it, and upload once a week until it's done.....oh gosh that would be amazing.

[offtopic]There's another FNAF? I've been trying to nail down the plot of all these games but it's become too much. Does anyone know where I can go to read a tl;dr of the plot of FNAF? I heard it's a really good plot and since deppy will probably be playing the new one for spooky week I'd like to be up to speed.[/offtopic]
yeah, just researched it and apparently it's a spin-off to the main series, FNAF 4 being the last main game.
"Players will control a movable character, a technician working the night shift at Circus Baby's Pizza World, and will have to fight against animatronics that attempt to attack them."

not sure how accurate that is^ (wikipedia lol) but sounds pretty cool, not much else has been said about it, i hope they play it :D
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Fnaf sister location comes out 7th October (unless Scott just drops it early again) so I can definitely see them playing that.

I would love Until Dawn but like people have said it isn't scary until later on so it would not be good for a episode in spooky week. I would love a series on it after undertale has finishes though. That and Life is Strange.

There hasn't actually been that many "good" horror games come out since last spooky week. There is stuff like "welcome to the game", the resident evil 7 demo, outlast 2 demo which I wouldn't mind.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

re:spooky week, i'd love to see them playing until dawn but as already mentioned it doesn't get scary until later on and i don't see them playing the whole game, they would have to turn spooky week into until dawn week, and we know that the boys like catering to all audiences during spooky week

re:pewds, his relationship with deppy confuses me more every passing day, hey, maybe that's the whole point

and i'm sorry but i have to ask:
aoifa wrote:
Ticia wrote:
Nah, actually the mods behind updatedphan and the charlie fans are Internet friends
that's simple not true, wolfgutscharlie has me blocked on twitter and the other two mods are not friends with them

re: updatedphan, we're aware of it being named as a source but you don't need me to tell you that this person is the most unreliable source ever
so are you implying that the screenshots the charlie stan took of her conversation with steg are fake? (don't try that, i know they are not) i agree that they are probably not bffs but dismissing the whole thing as crazy and unrealistic if the screenshots are real sounds a bit sketchy to me, and counter productive, a 'whoops soz i fucked up' seems like a better course of action

and on that note, if i may ask, why the hell was steg spreading known fake rumours to the current biggest phandom trouble maker, just why

obviously citing updatedphan as a source when they only talked to one mod is unfair, but there's no point in discussing that the charlie stan is not the most reasonable person out there

also this just happened
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

lishachi wrote:
hannah wrote:
i would also like to see this
I'm out atm so I'll have to find the timestamp for you guys later but its in the first half of the video when a door slams and Dan makes a very squeaky noise to accompany it :lol:

Not to be a Debbie-downer but I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't play anything recently released. That's purely coming from their track record for being behind and picking shit up pretty late. So maybe the best way of predicting would be to look at what was released shortly before last spooky week lol.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Good Morning

Again with the lies. He told us he donated all his pre 2015 meme shirts. *sigh*

I want outlast 2 demo. that is all. I know the sims is advertising another free halloween item pack, but the parties bore me sooooo much I don't want them to do another party. Personally I would love a co-op zombie killing game on console. Get back to the console couch!!
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Artdefines06 wrote:Again with the lies. He told us he donated all his pre 2015 meme shirts. *sigh*
swofro
angel bean

Artdefines06 wrote: I want outlast 2 demo. that is all. I know the sims is advertising another free halloween item pack, but the parties bore me sooooo much I don't want them to do another party. Personally I would love a co-op zombie killing game on console. Get back to the console couch!!
Now that you've said that, I have a sudden urge for them to play The House of The Dead. I don't care which one, just play one of them. I used to play one of the games in the series (probably the third one, but I can't really remember) when I was young and it is such a throwback if they could play it for me
Love is forever
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

pearshaped34 wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:Again with the lies. He told us he donated all his pre 2015 meme shirts. *sigh*

HAHA, I don't read replies my bad.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

Just tried to watch the PT video again. I only got 10 minutes in before I had to turn it off because its terrifying, but in that 10 minutes there were 4 unnecessary touches :sideeye:

When they say "I was watching the other person play Doom" or whatever it's gotta be like this, with lots of bants and trying to sidetrack eachother and unnecessary touches lol. :platonic:
ravenreyes
sofa crease

Kathrynxjane wrote:Fnaf sister location comes out 7th October (unless Scott just drops it early again) so I can definitely see them playing that.

I would love Until Dawn but like people have said it isn't scary until later on so it would not be good for a episode in spooky week. I would love a series on it after undertale has finishes though. That and Life is Strange.

There hasn't actually been that many "good" horror games come out since last spooky week. There is stuff like "welcome to the game", the resident evil 7 demo, outlast 2 demo which I wouldn't mind.
omg please, i would do anything for them to play life is strange. i don't see that like ever happening, but if i could choose a game that would be it.
english is not my first language
skybarpml
banned

Hello! I've been lurking on postulatedphan's blog (and their old deleted one) for a while and they briefly mentioned this site in a few posts. I decided to check it out the other day and ending up lurking, before making this account today.

Sorry for bringing them up, but they made a post explaining (if you can call it explaining) what the post they posted yesterday was...

Like I've said before, lurked on their blogs and I have mixed opinions about them. I don't think they're making it up imo (this time) as they used to talk about things a lot but then say "sorry we can't say" or "it's private" or any type of bullsh*t like that. :roll:

Yes the main (?) owner is like..13? And they've done..well, a lot of stupid childish things (but what you expect from a 13 year old ).

However I don't think Rin (I've spoken to her before on tumblr and she doesn't seem the sort) and their new co-owner 'N' (also, who exactly are they? like, why can't they just say their name? why would a twenty something year old be talking to kids? and why would they trust this supposed 'n' to be a co owner if they've never talked about them before :| ) would be the type to troll the phandom.

It would explain their hatred/dislike for Dan, as they clearly believe/think that what they are being told is true (not everything said on the internet is real kids), and why they keep talking even if they supposedly 'hate him'.

I know from lurking that they got a lot of asks saying things like "why can't you tell us" or "what do you mean ... isn't ...?" or anything that links to the information they supposedly 'leaked'.

Perhaps we should see how it plays out/if they can collect any information/evidence to prove their very, VERY, bold statements.

It seems they've been editing the post recently too and adding links to screenshots, which is a lot better than the original post which could literally be a fanfiction if you took away the dates (then again, isn't Dan and Phil's life sort of like an anime? I mean, a fan ends up living with his idol..).

No hate (I promise) I just think that people are disregarding what they are saying due to a certain *cough* CHARLIE *cough* co-owner having an extremely unreliable and hateful reputation.

And ruining/naming some of their sources seems like quite a d*ck move in all honesty, however it makes you think, why would they do that to their sources? Especially after keeping these supposed leaks a secret/always talking about their sources, why leak everything/backstab people now?

And why on earth did they leak it a week before they said they were going to?

This may be reaching a bit far but they could have told the wrong people the 'leaked' information and were under risk of it getting out? Again, it's a reach however there was this account that Charlie knew from their school (seen in other tweets) that was spreading Dan and Phil info on twitter (like addresses), it got taken down though. :roll:

(I don't stan/stalk Charlie may I add, however I am always up for a bit of sh*tstorming)

Also to that person saying Charlie wasn't friends with the person from updatedphan, I'm pretty sure (they deleted all of their tweets a month or so ago I'm not sure exactly when) that I saw some tweets like "just had a 4 hour skype call with ..." in which the person from updatedphan liked it and replied to it (can't remember what they said though).

I used to follow them and they'd also tag the person in tweets and stuff... maybe the person is trying to cover up that they were friends with Charlie? They also very recently posted links to screenshots with the said person on the TMI post.
Perhaps they had a fallout or something? I certainly wouldn't spread around that I was getting inside information from a person from updatedphan, maybe that's just me but I'd keep that to myself...

If you're reading this postulatedphan, I'm a fan of your blog however you need to add more proof and to try and tone down the hate/negativity that is radiating (and I MEAN radiating) from your accounts...that is all.