Dan & Phil part 26: You’ve got an impressive length

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DeadlyNova
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

goldendjh wrote:just wondering in general, are you going to watch the show or the doc first? personally i'm going for the doc as i've seen the tour twice already
I haven't seen the show yet, but I'm still going to watch the documentary first because I am at least ten times more excited for that and, if they're posted when Dan said they would be, I'll only have time to watch one of them before I have to go to work, and that's just barely. Watching the doc first will spoil it, but I don't really mind that. I'd rather watch the one I know I'll personally enjoy more first. Then when I get home I'll watch the show and then watch the documentary AGAIN.
crash[]
butt chair

In case you aren't in the know, Pewds released a game today. In said game, you can customize your room and person. You can also look up people's rooms and such if you know their usernames. I had a bit of a lurk to see who I could find and...

This may not be them, but s' pretty cute. The only reason I'm posting this is because it's pretty convincingly them, and Dan has shades that he definitely bought with real money for the game like the despicable person that he is. So, there.
Omitted from Dan's pic: A cat perched on top of 3 cardboard boxes surrounded by candles.
Also, true patricians watch the documentary first. I don't make the rules, just enforce 'em.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I want to watch the Doc first, but I invited over some friends and they want to watch the show first. I think it makes sense to watch the making of, then the product.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Show first, as if only a reminder. Then I can savor the bts.
majitzu
angel bean

Artdefines06 wrote:I want to watch the Doc first, but I invited over some friends and they want to watch the show first. I think it makes sense to watch the making of, then the product.

It doesn't make sense. The logical order is watch a movie, and then watch the behind the scenes, actors interview and everything else. If not you are spoilering is that even a word? yourself.

Of course you can choose the order you want, but for me is doesn't make sense at all :sideeye: fight me
swofro
angel bean

majitzu wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:I want to watch the Doc first, but I invited over some friends and they want to watch the show first. I think it makes sense to watch the making of, then the product.

It doesn't make sense. The logical order is watch a movie, and then watch the behind the scenes, actors interview and everything else. If not you are spoilering is that even a word? yourself.

Of course you can choose the order you want, but for me is doesn't make sense at all :sideeye: fight me
Just come here to avoid doing adult things support majo. I recently bought Civil War dvd and was so angry that it automatically plays a short behind the scene first before the movie that tells me how did they shoot the tunnel scene. It completely ruins the magic of the scene to me. Lol. So the show first, for entertainment purpose. Then, the docu.
Love is forever
anathema
morning quiff

swofro wrote:
majitzu wrote:

Just come here to avoid doing adult things support majo. I recently bought Civil War dvd and was so angry that it automatically plays a short behind the scene first before the movie that tells me how did they shoot the tunnel scene. It completely ruins the magic of the scene to me. Lol. So the show first, for entertainment purpose. Then, the docu.
Yes! Though I was lucky enough to see the show live, I'm still going to watch the show before the doc. That way it's fresh in my mind when I watch the making-of.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

anathema wrote:Yes! Though I was lucky enough to see the show live, I'm still going to watch the show before the doc. That way it's fresh in my mind when I watch the making-of.
Same. I always watch BTS after I watch the original thing, otherwise it ruins the magic. I guess since I saw tatinof last month, it is still kinda fresh in my mind. But i still want to watch the show before I watch the doco, even though i'm looking forward to the doco more (i'm all about that domestic goodness).
majitzu
angel bean

So, as you may know, Phil has turn on the captions on some of his videos, so yeah now you can go a sub some of the newest ones to your language.

It was only in the 3 first videos, without counting the youtuber red spon, but now is in all the newest ones until the caspar collab... it includes the caspar collab

anyway i don't know how to english at this time, sorry and good night :)
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

I thought that was because nice fans took the time to type everything out. Not sure if this is legit or not. http://phancc.tumblr.com/
majitzu
angel bean

Artdefines06 wrote:I thought that was because nice fans took the time to type everything out. Not sure if this is legit or not. http://phancc.tumblr.com/
i don't understand what do you mean?
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late

majitzu wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:I thought that was because nice fans took the time to type everything out. Not sure if this is legit or not. http://phancc.tumblr.com/
i don't understand what do you mean?
A lot of tumblr users have been watching Dan and Phils videos and typing out what is said, then submitting the captions to youtube in several languages so that everyone can enjoy them. it has slowed down because school started again, but they got a lot done. If anyone wants to join in and add captions for any language, sign up here. There are still more videos to do. (Know that the admin s are taking a bit long to respond right now because of school.)
http://phancc.tumblr.com/howtohelp

Or you can just wait for youtube heroes program and get points for it so you can do crazy things like mass flag and hear about patches before hand.
http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/27/you ... ch-police/
majitzu
angel bean

That doesn't have anything to do, you can type the captions but you can't submit them until the youtuber choose to turn captions on.

But I have to say that having them already type helps a lot.
HauntedEmma
smol bean

The doc trailer's view count has been about 50k behind from the show, which kinda upsets me. I have this feeling like for them, the doc is not as important as the show so they put it on Phil's channel as it has fewer subscribers? Buy oh well, nothing I say can change that, I just need to pour it out
danphil333
hobbit hair

The doc trailer (on phils channel) has 50k views less while dans channel has 3milion subs more than phils. considering their subscribers, it should have been more behind in views if you ask me.
the overly scripted show goes on dinof and the vloggy documentary goes on AP. IMO it works perfect for both of them. they should upload both on dans channel if that 6mil number was that important.

i think deppy themselves(phil included) want the actual show to get more views and recognition since its something they worked harder. both of them. can you imagine if the doc gets more views than the show? how do they feel seeing people (already) more excited about the doc?. would they like it if a video of them sleeping and running around being silly had more views than the show they worked their ass off for over a year.

.....i say as i wait for the documentary biting my nails and singing busgate busgate busgate
Last edited by danphil333 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Philena
blobfish

danphil333 wrote:The doc trailer (on phils channel) has 50k views less while dans channel has 3milion subs more than phils. considering their subscribers, it should have been more behind in views if you ask me.
the overly scripted show goes on dinof and the vloggy documentary goes on AP. IMO it works perfect for both of them. they should upload both on dans channel if that 6mil number was that important.

i think deppy themselves(phil included) want the actual show to get more views and recognition since its something they worked harder. both of them. can you imagine if the doc gets more views than the show? how do they feel seeing people (already) more excited about the doc?. would they like it if a video of them sleeping and running around being silly had more views than the show they worked their ass off for over a year.
I agree with your analysis.

Also, am planning to watch the documentary multiple times before even attempting the show.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

danphil333 wrote:The doc trailer (on phils channel) has 50k views less while dans channel has 3milion subs more than phils. considering their subscribers, it should have been more behind in views if you ask me.

.....i say as i wait for the documentary biting my nails and singing busgate busgate busgate
True. Even though I feel like they know us well enough to know that most of us care more about domestic situations than a professional stage show (sorry, we can't help it).
Do they see how often someone watched the show and documentary? Because in my case, I'll buy it once from Google Play and I don't think they'll know how often I rewatch it. But I don't know if they can see it if someone who has a YTR subscription watches it several times. It would be interesting to see if there's still a difference between both or if one of them gets more views. Because someone who went to tatinof might just buy the documentary when they don't have that much money. But then again, we're all trash, most people probably buy both
pulvis et umbra sumus
danphil333
hobbit hair

I dont remember where i read it but i think youtube statistics allows them to see even what part of the video is the most rewatched. i watched the parts where dan picks phils nose and phil snuggling his pillow about a thousand times each. HEY phil its all me :D
i also watched the show trailer only once in x2 speed (still cringed) and i dont plan to do it ever again. i will buy the show just because i feel like i had to not because i really want to.
timtam
lady door

I think it's a great idea to put the actual show on Dan's but I actually wouldn't be surprised if the doc did get more views. I'm personally more excited about the doc because I've already seen TATINOF (only last month too) so the doc is new material. A video of them sleeping and running around is new to the fans who were dedicated enough to already see the show (if they had the opportunity to do so) so I wouldn't be surprised if the doc view count is close to TATINOF. I think would be aware of this. I'm not planning on watching TATINOF again any time soon, but I've already seen it. So it'll just be the doc for me which I'm really excited about. Especially because I'm interested in what they were doing during that radio silence during the US tour!
lishachi
eclipse shirt

[offtopic]went into town today and went into Boots and there was the aftershave? that Dan uses and i smelt it and it smells amazing! (i didn't go looking for it lol i promise ) the woman that was in there accidentally sprayed me as she sprayed the sample and it's all i can smell, it's so nice (this sounds v creepy, i apologise if it comes across like that - i saw a tweet about it im sure he uses it in one of his vids too and i recognised it)[/offtopic]

also i'm going to watch the show first because i haven't seen it, then the doc. i'm more excited for the doc tho cus i wanna see the BTS domestic stuff
:biflag: :blackheart:
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

HauntedEmma wrote:The doc trailer's view count has been about 50k behind from the show, which kinda upsets me. I have this feeling like for them, the doc is not as important as the show so they put it on Phil's channel as it has fewer subscribers? Buy oh well, nothing I say can change that, I just need to pour it out
Hi I never have a chance to post because all I ever do is agree with people and if I ever have anything new to say the topic has already moved on like 5 times lol hello again everyone

Phil's channel has always held the more "domestic" (baking, DITL, etc) and casual stuff, so in my opinion it's very fitting. Even when we start defining their content, the consensus is usually that Dan's content is more scripted and uptight (don't know if that's a good word though) while Phil is more casual and laid back.

I guess they could have put both YTR things on the same channel with the same subscriber count, but it's a pretty big deal to have YTR content at all so I think it's good that they're sharing it and both channels are getting the benefits/reputation and whatever for it.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
supermassive
not a first-time poster

hello, hi! i dont know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if any of you guys was planning to upload the show and doc somewhere?
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

manged wrote:Ah, busgate. It's nice to finally confirm which interior matched the black-gold bus. And yes, I will also take the sign over the bedroom door as confirmation that they shared the room and the bed (which they snuggled on all night long). No, I don't think they switched that bed for two twins, considering how cramped that space already is. Now, I'll just wait and see how much more of the bus we'll see in the doc itself. Because if they don't hide the fact that they shared a room that had one bed, then that's fucking huge and I will probably freak out. But so far, nothing we saw in the trailer contradicts the LIES about the two bedrooms because most of their viewers probably don't know or care about the layout of the bus. The shot of Phil sleeping could've been taken on a couch for all they know.

But yeah, it raises an interesting question about how 'out' they are behind the scenes and shit like that.
Sorry, bringing this back, but…sigh. I agree, it would be huge if they don't hide them sharing a room/bed. But I don't think anything like that will happen. I fear we will either have no scenes really showing their sleeping arrangements or some bullshit explanation about how Dan slept in a bunk or even in another room on a different bus. I wish it would be the former, but considering they were filming stuff for the documentary when the whole 'two bros fight for the best bed on the bus'-tweet-fiasco was happening I am prepared for the worst. They were filmed seeing the bus for the first time, so I guess there will be a bit about how they explore the bus inside and that would be incomplete without the bedroom, which means there must be some comment about one of them having to sleep in a bunk. Maybe they were filming themselves jokingly fighting over who should get the proper bed and that was what prompted the tweets. Australian DITL was just a couple of weeks ago, and this was filmed even before that, so I don't think their stance on what they want to share with us has changed. I really wish it would be different (and after seeing that cute af deppy sign on the door nobody can convince me this wasn't their shared room!) but I don't have high hopes…

I absolutely love the trailer and how excited everyone is for the documentary, but I guess in regards to the sleeping situation it will be just as disappointing as the Australian DITL.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

supermassive wrote:hello, hi! i dont know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if any of you guys was planning to upload the show and doc somewhere?
Moderator Note

Posting or linking to pirated material is against forum rules, so please keep discussions like this to private message.
anathema
morning quiff

kusunoki masashige wrote:
manged wrote:
Ah, busgate. It's nice to finally confirm which interior matched the black-gold bus. And yes, I will also take the sign over the bedroom door as confirmation that they shared the room and the bed (which they snuggled on all night long). No, I don't think they switched that bed for two twins, considering how cramped that space already is. Now, I'll just wait and see how much more of the bus we'll see in the doc itself. Because if they don't hide the fact that they shared a room that had one bed, then that's fucking huge and I will probably freak out. But so far, nothing we saw in the trailer contradicts the LIES about the two bedrooms because most of their viewers probably don't know or care about the layout of the bus. The shot of Phil sleeping could've been taken on a couch for all they know.

But yeah, it raises an interesting question about how 'out' they are behind the scenes and shit like that.
Sorry, bringing this back, but…sigh. I agree, it would be huge if they don't hide them sharing a room/bed. But I don't think anything like that will happen. I fear we will either have no scenes really showing their sleeping arrangements or some bullshit explanation about how Dan slept in a bunk or even in another room on a different bus. I wish it would be the former, but considering they were filming stuff for the documentary when the whole 'two bros fight for the best bed on the bus'-tweet-fiasco was happening I am prepared for the worst. They were filmed seeing the bus for the first time, so I guess there will be a bit about how they explore the bus inside and that would be incomplete without the bedroom, which means there must be some comment about one of them having to sleep in a bunk. Maybe they were filming themselves jokingly fighting over who should get the proper bed and that was what prompted the tweets. Australian DITL was just a couple of weeks ago, and this was filmed even before that, so I don't think their stance on what they want to share with us has changed. I really wish it would be different (and after seeing that cute af deppy sign on the door nobody can convince me this wasn't their shared room!) but I don't have high hopes…

I absolutely love the trailer and how excited everyone is for the documentary, but I guess in regards to the sleeping situation it will be just as disappointing as the Australian DITL.
My thoughts exactly :roll:. I'm expecting either an off-handed comment from Dan about sleeping in a bunk, or for them to just mention the bed as "Phil's bed" and not make any comment about where Dan sleeps.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."