Dan & Phil part 26: You’ve got an impressive length

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
human
dan hand trash

cold-tea wrote:Kinda off topic but what do you guys think are the chances of Phil going to a Kanye concert with Dan?
I remember he went with Dan to that steve mcqueen/kanye thing in LA last year. I just like the thought of them taking part in each other's interests
unless phil's just plain tired of hearing about kanye :lol: :lol:
I think very high lol lets not forget that Phil actually went with Dan to that thing not just once but twice lol (for some reason).

Having said that, they didn't even see Muse when they were on tour a few months ago so I wonder when they last even went to a gig.
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

(first off, hi, long term lurker here, first time poster :D )
goldendjh wrote:im actually really curious to see whatever they're posting tomorrow? like youtube pushed it back (assuming that's what dan's tweet meant- yeah, dandoesntknowgrammar is a pretty cool guy!!) but like was there even an actual valid reason?? i guess we'll find out tomorrow lol
I was wondering this too? Like why would it get pushed back like that (assuming that dap didnt just forget about it, which i could see them doing)

(on the topic from yesterday/day before - im super excited for the movies, def gonna watch the tour show first even though it looks kind of cringy. im ready to yell about the documentary tho)
spider
ar·tic·u·late

kusunoki masashige wrote:
manged wrote:Now, I'll just wait and see how much more of the bus we'll see in the doc itself. Because if they don't hide the fact that they shared a room that had one bed, then that's fucking huge and I will probably freak out. But so far, nothing we saw in the trailer contradicts the LIES about the two bedrooms because most of their viewers probably don't know or care about the layout of the bus. The shot of Phil sleeping could've been taken on a couch for all they know.

But yeah, it raises an interesting question about how 'out' they are behind the scenes and shit like that.
Sorry, bringing this back, but…sigh. I agree, it would be huge if they don't hide them sharing a room/bed. But I don't think anything like that will happen. I fear we will either have no scenes really showing their sleeping arrangements or some bullshit explanation about how Dan slept in a bunk or even in another room on a different bus. I wish it would be the former, but considering they were filming stuff for the documentary when the whole 'two bros fight for the best bed on the bus'-tweet-fiasco was happening I am prepared for the worst. They were filmed seeing the bus for the first time, so I guess there will be a bit about how they explore the bus inside and that would be incomplete without the bedroom, which means there must be some comment about one of them having to sleep in a bunk. Maybe they were filming themselves jokingly fighting over who should get the proper bed and that was what prompted the tweets. Australian DITL was just a couple of weeks ago, and this was filmed even before that, so I don't think their stance on what they want to share with us has changed. I really wish it would be different (and after seeing that cute af deppy sign on the door nobody can convince me this wasn't their shared room!) but I don't have high hopes…

I absolutely love the trailer and how excited everyone is for the documentary, but I guess in regards to the sleeping situation it will be just as disappointing as the Australian DITL.
Maybe it is too optimistic but I am thinking they will the bedroom. Leave it in sight and make it obvious but they will not talk about it. There was the Deppy sign on the bedroom door in the trailer already so what will be in the real documentary?

They are getting more comfortable recently. Before it is asked no I don't think they are going to 'come out' because it is not their way. Maybe they will haru their slow coming out spring 2017. It sounds like something they would do.
alittledizzy wrote:
supermassive wrote:hello, hi! i dont know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if any of you guys was planning to upload the show and doc somewhere?
Moderator Note

Posting or linking to pirated material is against forum rules, so please keep discussions like this to private message.
supermassive who are you to not contribute to the forum and come here asking for free illegal content? It is so impolite just like when The Weakest Link was found. If there are other lurkers who are going to make new accounts to ask for links then at least be a part of the community first. Don't come here only to beg for free things like a dirty pigeon wanting bread.
blueapple_x
flower crown

frkin-zazzed wrote:
goldendjh wrote:im actually really curious to see whatever they're posting tomorrow? like youtube pushed it back (assuming that's what dan's tweet meant- yeah, dandoesntknowgrammar is a pretty cool guy!!) but like was there even an actual valid reason?? i guess we'll find out tomorrow lol
I was wondering this too? Like why would it get pushed back like that (assuming that dap didnt just forget about it, which i could see them doing)
Now that I look back at this mess of a tweet, maybe it had to do with YT Rewind stuff? Dan said that he hasn't had a reason to leave the house in over two weeks so maybe what prompted him to tweet that was a reason to leave the house? Anyway, I can't think of another reason why he would need to mention youtube "doing a thing" in relation to them needing to push back the countdown material? He said it would be gifs, clips and stuff along those lines.

...Or maybe whatever it is they're revealing later today wasn't ready yet and they were just procrastinating lol....hence the suspicious "*cough*"
Last edited by blueapple_x on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

blueapple_x wrote:
Now that I look back at this mess of a tweet, maybe it had to do with YT Rewind stuff? Dan said that he hasn't had a reason to leave the house in over two weeks so maybe what prompted him to tweet that was a reason to leave the house? Anyway, I can't think of another reason why he would need to mention youtube "doing a thing" in relation to them needing to push back the countdown material? He said it would be gifs, clips and stuff along those lines.

...Or maybe whatever it is they're revealing later today wasn't ready yet and they were just procrastinating lol....hence the suspicious "*cough*"
the 'maybe' in that tweet kind of makes me think that they don't know why it was pushed back, so i think yt rewind is ruled out?? i get the vibe that either they procrastinated too much (since when have they been watching bg? they only just finished avatar, they binged it p quick :lol: ) or yt just came out of nowhere and said "push it back a day pls we're doing a Thing"

idk tho, all i know is im excited to see whatever it is when i wake up tomorrow :D
blueapple_x
flower crown

frkin-zazzed wrote:the 'maybe' in that tweet kind of makes me think that they don't know why it was pushed back, so i think yt rewind is ruled out?? i get the vibe that either they procrastinated too much (since when have they been watching bg? they only just finished avatar, they binged it p quick :lol: ) or yt just came out of nowhere and said "push it back a day pls we're doing a Thing"

idk tho, all i know is im excited to see whatever it is when i wake up tomorrow :D
Who knows. That whole tweet was weird lol. Have other youtubers done this type of 5 day countdown promo specifically with YT Red (and not on their own)? If not, I can't see why YT would come to them and tell them to hold off on posting gifs and clips. How does them holding off for one day affect YT?

I think the "maybe" Dan added was his usual way of being cheeky/hinting at something. The *cough* reinforces that theory for me. And if it had to do with YT "doing a thing", all I can think of is YT Rewind. Recently someone asked in a liveshow about YT Rewind, he said something like "not yet...but soon". Meh, we'll find out soon I suppose
Last edited by blueapple_x on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

Okay, I know that I'm so fudgin' out-of-the-loop right now, but.. idgaf. Anyways... All I can say about the trailers is...
I'm sorry, but I feel so trash-y right now (despite the fact that I've watched it a few days ago, but.. oh, well :roll: )
I have no idea if YTR is available here in PH, but even if it IS... I probably won't buy it because I have no money, and the fact that I'm trying to not buy anything that is currently irrelevant to my life just so that I can buy DAPGO is not helping (wow; what a mess of a sentence).
If anything, I think I'll be fine (NOT!) if you guys will post GIFs of the Documentary or something (yes, I'm more interested in the Documentary because why not? ).

Also.. Did anyone noticed that the Docu. Trailer is awfully like.. those Phan edits? I don't know, it just feels like that for me
Also, I'll be so interested in the shitstorm coming on IDB (not a shitstorm, but a shitstorm of discussion after the documentary comes out... you know what I mean, right?). So.. keep it up, guys

...I want to join the "speculating" party, but sadly.. I'm just a poor little trash that doesn't have a life and needs to finish a thesis because Oct. 3 is on the way, so... :lol:
Also, I'm so sorry for the spaming of emojis on this one... Can't handle it

Until then, my fellow IDB-ers! *goes back to lurking because life sucks
bluebox-away
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

spider wrote:
kusunoki masashige wrote:
manged wrote:Now, I'll just wait and see how much more of the bus we'll see in the doc itself. Because if they don't hide the fact that they shared a room that had one bed, then that's fucking huge and I will probably freak out. But so far, nothing we saw in the trailer contradicts the LIES about the two bedrooms because most of their viewers probably don't know or care about the layout of the bus. The shot of Phil sleeping could've been taken on a couch for all they know.

But yeah, it raises an interesting question about how 'out' they are behind the scenes and shit like that.
Sorry, bringing this back, but…sigh. I agree, it would be huge if they don't hide them sharing a room/bed. But I don't think anything like that will happen. I fear we will either have no scenes really showing their sleeping arrangements or some bullshit explanation about how Dan slept in a bunk or even in another room on a different bus. I wish it would be the former, but considering they were filming stuff for the documentary when the whole 'two bros fight for the best bed on the bus'-tweet-fiasco was happening I am prepared for the worst. They were filmed seeing the bus for the first time, so I guess there will be a bit about how they explore the bus inside and that would be incomplete without the bedroom, which means there must be some comment about one of them having to sleep in a bunk. Maybe they were filming themselves jokingly fighting over who should get the proper bed and that was what prompted the tweets. Australian DITL was just a couple of weeks ago, and this was filmed even before that, so I don't think their stance on what they want to share with us has changed. I really wish it would be different (and after seeing that cute af deppy sign on the door nobody can convince me this wasn't their shared room!) but I don't have high hopes…

I absolutely love the trailer and how excited everyone is for the documentary, but I guess in regards to the sleeping situation it will be just as disappointing as the Australian DITL.
Maybe it is too optimistic but I am thinking they will the bedroom. Leave it in sight and make it obvious but they will not talk about it. There was the Deppy sign on the bedroom door in the trailer already so what will be in the real documentary?

They are getting more comfortable recently. Before it is asked no I don't think they are going to 'come out' because it is not their way. Maybe they will haru their slow coming out spring 2017. It sounds like something they would do.
alittledizzy wrote:
supermassive wrote:hello, hi! i dont know if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if any of you guys was planning to upload the show and doc somewhere?
Moderator Note
Posting or linking to pirated material is against forum rules, so please keep discussions like this to private message.
supermassive who are you to not contribute to the forum and come here asking for free illegal content? It is so impolite just like when The Weakest Link was found. If there are other lurkers who are going to make new accounts to ask for links then at least be a part of the community first. Don't come here only to beg for free things like a dirty pigeon wanting bread.
I really hope that's the 'coming out'-esque route they choose cause imo it's probably the best way to avoid mass phandom meltdown. Still waiting for spring 2017 to prove you are psychic, spider
Also, 100% agree with what you said re asking for links :roll: :sideeye:

Finally, as I've been awol because it turns out final year of university is time consuming, my thoughts on the trailers:
Still deciding which film to watch first, leaning towards the doc for domesticity as I've already seen plenty of show spoilers but idk yet. I can't even watch it immediately when it drops because I agreed to go to a bloody rugby game may or may not be considering faking sick to my friends oops
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
karma_yeah
philussy

I think my viewing plan is going to be a "phan sandwich":
- watch tatinof first (to bring back the slight occasional cringe memories,
- watch 'making of' to peak behind the curtain,
- then watch tatinof again to see if/how my perspective of the show changes
What goes around, comes around Image
snowbows
tol bean

Wednesday is scheduled in my flat as "Dan and Phil night"
Basically as my boyfriend had FIFA night taking the big TV and the PS4 this last week I get to spend the entire evening basking in Dan and Philness and probably getting him to watch as many daft videos as he can handle before the show, followed by the documentary.
Hopefully it's not too cringe for him but I am just so excited!
Waggle9007
sofa crease

Definitely planning on watching the documentary first - I really love behind the scenes things anyway, and I really love Dan and Phil...so it's basically a dream come true :lol: unfortunately I actually booked to have my nails done 3 weeks ago at...yup...19:00 on the 5th :cry: still, I'm complete trash, and I am so unbelievably excited to see both
vortexofphan
drama llama

I think I'm going to go show first, just for context of the documentary, but though I think I will like the documentary more, like the trash I am bring on the domestic tour bus fluff Deppy.

Either way, I'm crazy excited. I didn't think I would be, and then I saw the trailers,

Someone mentioned this I think, but I was surprised they are both only in the 600 thousands in views, that is low for them. I guess they have more semi-casual viewers than I thought? Or people really dislike youtube red? (Admittedly there is a dismally low amount of things on there, certainly not $10 a month worth. Thank you free trial.)
melon lord
morning quiff

I have dismal views of youtube red as well but I appreciate that they are saying "hey I know you couldn't see the show so we recorded it for you, and you can pay a small price for it" as if it was a ticket admission. It's much better than other Youtubers fucking Game Grumps who don't archive shows or events or are against it.

I mean he has much million subs and the liveshows are not even 100k people watching so you kind of narrow down the people.

A lot of people just watch casually I guess. I think Threadbanger are a channel that somehow get views consistent with their sub count, but they are very easy to spread around so idk.

majitzu
angel bean

Happy first day of Halloween

credits: danandphilhq

oh oh Dan has start his random tumblr queue, wait for some weird and funny things to be posted

http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/
annetamiau
lady door

Hi! Long time no post (in the main thread at least)!

Regarding the (relatively) low views of both trailers, I think your unconditional love for Dan and Phil makes you appreciate the YTR stuff much more than a casual fan would. For example, I find it hard to believe that non-invested fans would pay for either TATINOF or the documentary; if they want to spend 10 euros in a film they will probably buy a convencional film, not a stage show from two youtubers (that's whay I think anyway).

Also, sorry to be a debbie downer but I couldn't even finish either of the trailers, the cringe factor was too strong for me, exactly like when I watched the videos from the actual shows that people sneakily recorded. I have tried, but it's impossible. Everytime they dance, sing or fans appear I feel the urgent need to close the tab.

But I'm not even sad because I'm mostly invested in busgate (yeah I'm 1 in the creeper scale from a few pages ago) and I will read IDB eagerly, so please write down any juicy bit.

Have a good weekend! :)
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
uglyamerican
woodland creature

[offtopic]OK, last night I had a weird-ass dream that tangentially features D&P: In the dream I was talking to a friend while browsing a newspaper (it was the Washington Post.) On the front page of the Food section (should I mention that I L-O-V-E food, both the making and consuming thereof (but not cleanup),) the was a feature story of D&P baking - it was like a serious article! And the photos / illustrations of D&P were their World Chef characters rather than images from their baking videos...[/offtopic]
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

human wrote:
cold-tea wrote:Kinda off topic but what do you guys think are the chances of Phil going to a Kanye concert with Dan?
I remember he went with Dan to that steve mcqueen/kanye thing in LA last year. I just like the thought of them taking part in each other's interests
I think very high lol lets not forget that Phil actually went with Dan to that thing not just once but twice lol (for some reason).

Having said that, they didn't even see Muse when they were on tour a few months ago so I wonder when they last even went to a gig.
If Phil managed to get someone else to babysit Dan to Kanye's he would; like how he shipped Dan off to the Gleamers for the 1D concert.
human
dan hand trash

sweetmm wrote:
human wrote:

If Phil managed to get someone else to babysit Dan to Kanye's he would; like how he shipped Dan off to the Gleamers for the 1D concert.
Idk, the way Phil said "I'm not going to One Direction so I'll just stay at home and stroke my poster of Zayn" made it sound like he didn't get the choice, so I wondered if Dan was Louise's 1+ since Zoe and Alfie went together, Marcus and Joe and... was there anyone else? So I think Louise must have asked Dan. Lolzor.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Good Morning everyone!

I woke up ready for content and got shitposting on tumblr. yay. thanks dan -_-

Thats a great dream uglyamerican, I know phil has always joked about opening a bakery, maybe you foresaw it. Maybe that is the mysterious rebranding. They are going to open a cat cafe/bakery and film the whole process as a weekly reality show. I would watch the fck out of that lol. If putting a dresser together was entertaining, imagine remodelling a whole shop.

I miss sims, I need them to remodel the house for the darn baby please. I need to see them set up a kids room damnit.
tymyky
glabella

annetamiau wrote:
Also, sorry to be a debbie downer but I couldn't even finish either of the trailers, the cringe factor was too strong for me, exactly like when I watched the videos from the actual shows that people sneakily recorded. I have tried, but it's impossible. Everytime they dance, sing or fans appear I feel the urgent need to close the tab.
I had the exact same problem but a long before some tour even happened. I remember some of the first times deppy were at pannels at some conventions and I had to close the tab when fans started screaming. I was going through such second-hand embarrassment I couldn't handle it. I think that it comes from my personal view of them as my friends and when people started screaming at them as some sort of celebrities I just cringed. But sometimes I got through those moments in videos and now it doesn't bother me at all. I cringed the first time I saw some footage of them singing and dancing but since then I watched a lot more videos and now I'm fine. I'm not telling you that this will work for you too, but maybe the more you watch the less you will be bothered by it. Even though I still can't get through footage of fans crying.
sweetmm
angel bean

human wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
Idk, the way Phil said "I'm not going to One Direction so I'll just stay at home and stroke my poster of Zayn" made it sound like he didn't get the choice, so I wondered if Dan was Louise's 1+ since Zoe and Alfie went together, Marcus and Joe and... was there anyone else? So I think Louise must have asked Dan. Lolzor.
Been a few times Phil mentioned he will not go to a 1D concert (something about he is ok with their music but not to the extend of watching their concert / paraphrasing as usual) so I really doubt he had no choice. If Phil wanted to go pretty sure Dan will ditch the Gleamers even Louise, just to go together as per usual modus operandi. Phil will book them a good seat that will "hide them away" and not be a disaster as what the Gleamers faced that night.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

sweetmm wrote:
human wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
Been a few times Phil mentioned he will not go to a 1D concert (something about he is ok with their music but not to the extend of watching their concert / paraphrasing as usual) so I really doubt he had no choice. If Phil wanted to go pretty sure Dan will ditch the Gleamers even Louise, just to go together as per usual modus operandi. Phil will book them a good seat that will "hide them away" and not be a disaster as what the Gleamers faced that night.
What do you mean by "disaster"? And who are the Gleamers? I assume it is some clique name for Zoe and those YouTubers? I don't watch them and am out of the loop here, sorry :lol:
pulvis et umbra sumus
eevee
emo goose

nephilimcat wrote:What do you mean by "disaster"? And who are the Gleamers? I assume it is some clique name for Zoe and those YouTubers? I don't watch them and am out of the loop here, sorry :lol:
Zoella and Louise as well as a bunch others are signed by Gleam Futures http://www.gleamfutures.com/ so we call them the "gleamers"
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
sweetmm
angel bean

nephilimcat wrote:
sweetmm wrote: Been a few times Phil mentioned he will not go to a 1D concert (something about he is ok with their music but not to the extend of watching their concert / paraphrasing as usual) so I really doubt he had no choice. If Phil wanted to go pretty sure Dan will ditch the Gleamers even Louise, just to go together as per usual modus operandi. Phil will book them a good seat that will "hide them away" and not be a disaster as what the Gleamers faced that night.
What do you mean by "disaster"? And who are the Gleamers? I assume it is some clique name for Zoe and those YouTubers? I don't watch them and am out of the loop here, sorry :lol:
They can't seat where they were supposed to as it was too open to the public so they missed a few early songs as they need to be escorted elsewhere. They were then seated near the 1D family which made the crowd further notice they were there. I can't remember whether they had trouble leaving due to the fans (saw too many gleamers vlogs at that time and I can't be sure whether this is the concert the gleam team had difficulty leaving the venue).
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Thanks for explaining, eevee and sweetmm ^^
pulvis et umbra sumus