Dan & Phil Part 28: Possibly very gay

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

JoeAverage wrote:
missemma wrote:
majitzu wrote: What do other youtubers think of them?
Do they want to talk with them but feel this to antisocial dorks are unapproachable?
We literally saw Evan trying to stand near them as often as possible but didn't approach them. When they did the train scenes Evan sat on the wall close by to get a better view. Cornelia and Martyn were very social though, chatting with Luke and Doug.
Ugh I just saw this too:

:sideeye:
That wasn't even the only snap he posted about Deppy today, there's one of him filming them where Dan's back is to him and one pic of Phil with the doge filter that is so pixelated he must have zoomed in so much to get his face only. creepy af. (why do I even follow him on snapchat? oh right, to keep up with his stalker behaviors so I know when to call the cops on him). What was that line he said in a liveshow about purposely avoiding having Dan and Phil in his pics/vlogs backgrounds? lol sure jan
(He creeps me out too, and I've felt like that even before I've learned how he acts towards Deppy)
edit: oops top of the page with me bitching instead of contributing, sorry guys
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

LurkingTrash wrote:
JoeAverage wrote:
missemma wrote:
Do they want to talk with them but feel this to antisocial dorks are unapproachable?
We literally saw Evan trying to stand near them as often as possible but didn't approach them. When they did the train scenes Evan sat on the wall close by to get a better view. Cornelia and Martyn were very social though, chatting with Luke and Doug.
Ugh I just saw this too:

That wasn't even the only snap he posted about Deppy today, there's one of him filming them where Dan's back is to him and one pic of Phil with the doge filter that is so pixelated he must have zoomed in so much to get his face only. creepy af. (why do I even follow him on snapchat? oh right, to keep up with his stalker behaviors so I know when to call the cops on him). What was that line he said in a liveshow about purposely avoiding having Dan and Phil in his pics/vlogs backgrounds? lol sure jan
(He creeps me out too, and I've felt like that even before I've learned how he acts towards Deppy)
Remember YouTube Rewind 2014 where they were acting like that as well? Just desperately trying to get the boys in the background of their shot, not even being slightly subtle about it. Imagine being so pathetic that two years later you still pull the same shit for relevancy.

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
JoeAverage
sad dimple

LurkingTrash wrote:
JoeAverage wrote:
missemma wrote:
Ugh I just saw this too:

Care to share the phil in doge filter one? i dont want to have to check Evans snapchat and give him more attention than someone of his caliber deserves.

Edit: omg that un-eyebrow twitter is going to give me nightmares, why does dan looks so bad???
Phil Lester is a genius
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

My opinion about Evan and Luke just had to end up on the other page didn't it :cry:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

JoeAverage wrote: Care to share the phil in doge filter one? i dont want to have to check Evans snapchat and give him more attention than someone of his caliber deserves.
*sorry I said doge, I meant dog, I must have channeled Dan
poweredbywords
tol bean

Hi! Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but a little bit ago flarequake mentioned how it's nice that they're taking pictures with younger fans (agreed), and that got me thinking, does deppy have a different type of fanbase in the UK than they do strictly online? Or I guess I mean to ask if they are very well known outside of just youtube?
Their subscribers from what I understand aren't usually as young as the kids they were taking pictures with, or like the children who recognized them in their first pokemon go video.
Sorry if the answer's quite obvious, but I'm now kind of curious to know if they're kind of celebrities in the UK and just not online.
It was so hard to remember my password for IDB, it's been so long since I delurked.
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

poweredbywords wrote:Hi! Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but a little bit ago flarequake mentioned how it's nice that they're taking pictures with younger fans (agreed), and that got me thinking, does deppy have a different type of fanbase in the UK than they do strictly online? Or I guess I mean to ask if they are very well known outside of just youtube?
Their subscribers from what I understand aren't usually as young as the kids they were taking pictures with, or like the children who recognized them in their first pokemon go video.
Sorry if the answer's quite obvious, but I'm now kind of curious to know if they're kind of celebrities in the UK and just not online.
It was so hard to remember my password for IDB, it's been so long since I delurked.
in my experience (i've lived in the uk until very recently) they don't have much of a fanbase outside of those who watch their youtube videos. i just think that we who've been watching for longer or who are a bit older than the "average" fan may sometimes have a skewed image of what the age of the fandom is really like. i recently found out my eleven year old cousin watches deppy, which confused me because i didnt discover youtubers til i was 14, so in my head i never thought people younger than that would be interested. i think that now the yt community is a lot bigger, it's spread a lot in terms of age range of viewers - i worked at a primary school in the uk and i wore my deppy xmas jumper on the last day of term and was surprised (and mildly mortified) that the 9/10 year olds i taught recognised it. i think with deppy in particular it's thanks to their gaming channel that they've got younger fans now, in my experience a lot of young youtube fans tend to focus on gamers. idk tho, that's just my experience from the school i worked at (all the kids were obsessed with fnaf it was bizarre)
pantheonofouroboros
first-time poster

Sorry if this is kind of an old question, but isn't the Evan the one that said he won't use phan in his videos for views?
sweetmm
angel bean

Is HoneyG wearing the same jacket as Dan at :30???
psychicmoth
living flop

sweetmm wrote:Is HoneyG wearing the same jacket as Dan at :30???
No, Dan's jacket is this one:
Btw, Phil's jacket is from the same brand.
This is my first proper post :) Hi!
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
helvetica
sofa crease

Maya wrote:
welcome!
majitzu
angel bean

pantheonofouroboros wrote:Sorry if this is kind of an old question, but isn't the Evan the one that said he won't use phan in his videos for views?
Yes, he is.

I think he refers to youtube videos, and this doesn't applied to snapchat cause they are delete the next day anyway except that because is deppy it will be on the internet
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Speaking of Evan, I didn't check the context of these SU2C's gifs but look at Evan in background. It's as if he was bored/unamused that people were clapping because of Phil's car race time. He also has making faces and hand gestures during that segment. Ugh. If you don't know their history, those things are funny. But I am judging Evan with every D&P related stuff, he looked pathetic. (Well. If I wasn't a fan of D&P, I roll my eyes coz Dan was such a stage-bffl.)
http://femtastico.tumblr.com/post/15184 ... ound-today

Also, that photo of Phil with dog filter was not just a simple photo. It was a story.
http://dansucc.tumblr.com/post/15184298 ... chat-story
anathema
morning quiff

Diyes_Celine wrote: Also, that photo of Phil with dog filter was not just a simple photo. It was a story.
Lol what? That doesn't even make any sense

I really wish Evan would stop this behavior. Not only because it's getting old/weird but also because I actually find his videos quite entertaining but I can't enjoy them (nor do I really want to) knowing he acts around/treats d&p :roll:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
eevee
emo goose

big image of phil under the spoiler from evan's snapchat
His head and neck make a 90 degree angle someone help him
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

dans left hand wrote:
JoeAverage wrote:
missemma wrote:
Ugh I just saw this too:

God I can't stand Evan, luke and co. If they acted like deppys professional work colleagues instead of acting like deppy are some kind of huge celebrities, deppy would maybe talk to them, or even give them the attention that they desperately crave. Evan, luke and co make total fools of themselves. Them lot should actually make an effort to say hello to deppy, like you would to your collegeues. Instead they film them from afar and treat them differently from everyone else. :sideeye: :roll:
Lucyrg95 wrote:hello, lurker here just come to say that Evan makes my skin crawl, goodbye friends keep up the lords work
I agree so much ^ not sure if Luke makes my skin crawl more though.

Luke is trying to find a way in by befriending Martyn and Cornelia. It's like "fine if dan and phil don't want to be my friends, I'll befriend martyn, that will be my way in"

I do feel like deppy are always in a special world together though. I feel like they have a connection that nobody else can intrude on, especially at these YouTube events. They usually cling to each others side constantly.

That close up picture of dan. Holy shiz, I didn't know I needed that in my life

Dan missing parts of his stubble when shaving is adorbs.
1. Pathetic, desperate YTer's evoke the cringe in me
2. I think M&C are smart enough when they see someone such as Luke being friendly towards them to be weary? Some people can be very transparent when it comes to motive
3. I could be wrong, and anyone can correct me if that is the case, but Deppy being in their own little world in a room full of YTers doesn't come across as uppity to me, but rather a form of self-preservation? And the fact they don't leave one another's side, is that a non-verbal cue to not approach one without the other? It appears to me there is some unspoken agreement among other YTer's that Deppy is revered more than anything else, look but don't touch? Also, I have seen other YT events where Dan might as well just pee on Phil to mark his territory
4. That close-up of Dan...
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

eevee wrote:big image of phil under the spoiler from evan's snapchat
http://www.thelondonchiropracticclinic.com
The London Chiropractic Clinic located in Hammersmith, West London is one of London’s premier chiropractic clinics where patient care is paramount. We strive to provide our patients with the latest up to date testing and clinical procedures in a friendly caring environment. This combination allows us to produce outstanding results.
hypothesised
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

LurkingTrash wrote:
JoeAverage wrote: Care to share the phil in doge filter one? i dont want to have to check Evans snapchat and give him more attention than someone of his caliber deserves.
this snap reminds me of when people in school used to take pictures of people they didn't like and putting weird descriptions and filters... puts a bad taste in my mouth :? :facepalm:
thank you for being brave
sweetmm
angel bean

confetti-j wrote:
Maya wrote:
welcome!
Thanks Maya :platonic:
JoeAverage
sad dimple

LurkingTrash wrote:
Thank you! and yes, dan has made me kinda meme trash as well (only some though)
Diyes_Celine wrote:Speaking of Evan, I didn't check the context of these SU2C's gifs but look at Evan in background. It's as if he was bored/unamused that people were clapping because of Phil's car race time. He also has making faces and hand gestures during that segment. Ugh. If you don't know their history, those things are funny. But I am judging Evan with every D&P related stuff, he looked pathetic. (Well. If I wasn't a fan of D&P, I roll my eyes coz Dan was such a stage-bffl.)
http://femtastico.tumblr.com/post/15184 ... ound-today

Also, that photo of Phil with dog filter was not just a simple photo. It was a story.
Cofirmed, Evan is a twat and a creep :sideeye: :? (Him calling phil a lost puppy really fucks me up)
Phil Lester is a genius
danphil333
hobbit hair

:sideeye: #phoug

just want to say that phil is beautiful
http://phanmoonlight.tumblr.com/post/15 ... -thisll-do

...thats such a nice shot of the toy car :P
http://prettyprettypretties.tumblr.com/ ... ds-car-for
kiro56
tol bean

danphil333 wrote: ...thats such a nice shot of the toy car :P
AND HIS BUM
danphil333
hobbit hair

kiro56 wrote:
danphil333 wrote: ...thats such a nice shot of the toy car :P
AND HIS BUM

kiro is back :yippee: phils bum summoned him
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ticia wrote:
eevee wrote:big image of phil under the spoiler from evan's snapchat
http://www.thelondonchiropracticclinic.com
The London Chiropractic Clinic located in Hammersmith, West London is one of London’s premier chiropractic clinics where patient care is paramount. We strive to provide our patients with the latest up to date testing and clinical procedures in a friendly caring environment. This combination allows us to produce outstanding results.

He does need to stand better if his neck ends up that bent, maybe it's like that backwards hand position, just something that feels comfortable to him, but wouldn't be good over time.

:sideeye: to Evan and Luke. Societal hierarchy and drama is everywhere :roll: I guess Deps are revered by some and sticking together seems unapproachable, but from what we see they're also pretty nice guys, it's probably partly the age old shyness making people seem cold. I was struck by how jokey/self-deprecating (p-word?) they were on the stream, but they're often like that in public, less relaxed compared to a lot of their videos (certainly the Dils I was just rewatching). If they're not gonna let people in and be friendly, though, it's sad, but people might as well stay away with each other, at least there's a load of others in the community to befriend, such a waste of energy otherwise.

Doug is cute, good to clarify these things, would be weird if Phil actually thought he was mouthing illuminati messages at him or something.

That is a lovely photo of Phil in the car As for buttwatch, I noticed that too, always has me checking out his Shakira hips as Dan calls them. There was a cuter shot where he turned briefly while they were talking by the rule board, too quick to get much of a screenshot probably.
teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I don't think other ytubers revere deppy. To me, reverence is behaviour that includes a spiritual element, and I am far too cynical to think that other youtubers even merely respect deppy. Nope, it's about being where the cameras are, and if they are pointed at deps, then, free promo for anyone there. If your job is social media based, then staying in the spotlight, or adjacent to the spotlight is vital. I feel a bit (just a bit) sorry for deps, if I were in their position, I'd think others view me only in terms of how I can help them. (Stand there and look pretty while I take a picture and caption it to make myself look cool.) Adding onto this snap chatting thing, there is an undertone of mocking that I don't like. If you're going to use your colleagues to boost your career/profile, be creative, don't make it obvious to everyone what you're doing (for example, filming someone secretly, saying you won't be doing that again, and ta-daa). As for being seen as snobby, at least their isolation isn't a new phenomenon, they've behaved similarly in others' vlogs for years.
But it does make me wonder, I don't think of deps as celebrities, but others did mention it, so, is celebrity a status that deps have made themselves, or have others' made deps into celebrities?