Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Vivastian
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her

koalaselfie wrote:17:58 Phil: "Where's the truth?"
stare at each other for the longest I think I've seen before without one of them breaking away.
GG wrote:*the site that shall not be named, ty
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Oh, if I could praise Phil Lester endlessly.... Let us begin with this chillest of responses. :lol:
melon lord
morning quiff

I'm sorry for the quality of the gif! Since it has a lot of frames I had to lower the colors a bit, but I made it smaller in size so that it's also light for browsing

I hope it's okay!

edit: I made a brighter version so it's easier to see!

My internet has taken a shit on me recently so everything is slow af so I'll do the laughing part tomorrow if that's okay! I need to download it in 1080p to get the full resolution because the one I downloaded was rubbish for zooming in on the tiny facecam.

DOUBLE EDIT

Okay that was bigger than I thought here's a smaller size

sorrrryyyyyyyyyy for spam
Last edited by melon lord on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koalaselfie
living flop

Vivastian wrote:
koalaselfie wrote:17:58 Phil: "Where's the truth?"
stare at each other for the longest I think I've seen before without one of them breaking away.
Heh, oh yeah. I stand thoroughly corrected :D
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
koalaselfie
living flop

melon lord wrote:I'm sorry for the quality of the gif! Since it has a lot of frames I had to lower the colors a bit, but I made it smaller in size so that it's also light for browsing

I hope it's okay!

My internet has taken a shit on me recently so everything is slow af so I'll do the laughing part tomorrow if that's okay! I need to download it in 1080p to get the full resolution because the one I downloaded was rubbish for zooming in on the tiny facecam.
Oh wow you are incredible!! Honestly, I don't mind the brighter gif on it's own, but I would love the laughing afterwards too, so I'll wait for however long you want to take Thank you so much!!
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
papierklemmen
flower crown

melon lord wrote:I'm sorry for the quality of the gif! Since it has a lot of frames I had to lower the colors a bit, but I made it smaller in size so that it's also light for browsing

I hope it's okay!

DOUBLE EDIT

we appreciate your efforts!
jk thanks!

i like how phil's expression gets soft and almost sorry like he pities dan when he looks at him long enough lol. reminds me of his stares at dan in those sonic 4 videos.

edit: found a gif but aw man, the stare got a little cut off
melon lord
morning quiff

papierklemmen wrote: we appreciate your efforts!
jk thanks!

i like how phil's expression gets soft and almost sorry like he pities dan when he looks at him long enough lol. reminds me of his stares at dan in those sonic 4 videos.
are you gif-shaming me? :tsk: :gg:

I don't know what you're talking about with my effort seems fine to me

jk ily :lol:

koalaselfie
living flop

papierklemmen wrote:

edit: found a gif but aw man, the stare got a little cut off
I've never noticed this expression of Phil's before until melon lord's gif! Adorable
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

vortexofphan wrote:
nephilimcat wrote: Phil literally studied something at school that I studied too (not in psychology though, that wasn't a subject here). It's actually quite interesting, I sadly don't remember what the experiment was called.
Oh, I studied it too! It was so interesting. It's the Milgram Experiment. That and the Stanford Prison Experiment are two fucked up looks at human psychology. I believe I studied them in a sociology class, if you had that.

On topic, it was an okay video to me, not super scary, but I'm used to the fnaf format/jumpscare use, and there weren't even that many of them. Plus, Dan's over it attitude made it a little less exciting. But, it made me laugh a few times so :thumb: I can't wait to see the rest of the week, spooky week is always fun, and I appreciate the large grouping of videos. I'm hoping for some different games, hopefully some that legit scare me
The Stanford Prison Experiment was beyond fucked up...it gives fucked up an entire new meaning.
It was supposed to be a 2 week experiment that was abandoned after 6 days.
Google it if you never heard of it, it's crazy.

I laughed (loudly) at the end at the final jumpscare when Dan flipped off the monitor. I don't know why I find that funny!

Dan didn't seem all into it because by now he knows what to expect, but the real gem are those two dorks interacting.
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

Re:sister location
see what did i tell you.
borderline repetitive. maybe if Dan knew how to do things it wouldn't be as boring :sideeye: did Phil even play in this video he just sat there making jokes (im not complaining they are often funny enough on there own but i wish Phil got a turn maybe he would do better than Dan :lol: )

I hope it's okay!

DOUBLE EDIT

I could never stare at someone for that long and not feel uncomfortable
well anyways cant wait for the next video i hope they play something different next time.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
starlight-still
truth bomb

We're off!

Just a few little reactions:
- Phil rocking a boa- now that’s something I never expected to see in a spooky week vid
- What, no I didn’t rewind at the “I’m a spooook for you” part to stare at Phil’s eyes who does that hahahahaha
- He really has some pretty eyes though, can’t say it enough
- Spooky lighting on point
- Aw, Dan why won’t you let Phil play with his snake? I guess he wanted to play with it himself later…that’s why he took it, right?
- Let’s all make Phil’s juxtaposition gesture happen
- Dan’s inner sadist came out to play I mean he was delivering those shocks like nobody's business
- Dan and Phil’s Thursday evening simulator? You mean every evening
- I said "...you will die" at the exact same time as the game- lucky guess
- "What's she gonna do, drop kick us with her ballerina shoes"- yeah, that'd probably do it, pointe shoes are no joke and dancers' legs are strong af
- Dan's defeat gestures at the end- that feeling when they focus on making each other laugh and forget anything else is in the room (honorable mention to Phil's "craft" and Dan's reaction)
- What’s this Phil death fetish Dan’s got going on all of a sudden?

I don’t know if I’m still reeling from Life is Strange or what but the game itself wasn’t all that scary or eerie. Spooky? Sure. A nice way to ease into the week? Yeah. The creepiest thing was the mandatory electric shocking (me=Phil’s face at 6:35)…maybe they build on that one later in the game.
Looking forward to the rest of the spookiness! Til then...
Last edited by starlight-still on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Hey did anyone notice that they must've filmed the intro at the end of the video? When they first show the fnafs screen it says "continue 2" as in continue night two
but then when they actually start playing it says "continue 1"
It's not really a big deal, I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon for youtubers to film outtros and intros at the same time, but it's something you may not catch the first time watching and it's just something that caught my eye.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I hope it's okay!

DOUBLE EDIT

Thank you melon lord you are a gift to the IDB community Seriously though, that is quite a stare, paired with the 'subtle' totally platonic stare up and down from Dan

I personally enjoyed the video, they both look gorgeous, though I'm not enjoying Dan's hair as much, does it look bowl cut ish to anyone else?
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
basictrashfan
crusty sponge

mio wrote:
Artdefines06 wrote:Everyone keeps saying first date evening simulator, but on my fancy Bose system I heard "Thursday evening". I think its another case of Dan mumbles. Turn off the red alert sirens lol.
You and dizzy are probably right! This threw me off a lot when I watched it the first time (like, why would he say that??) and upon rewatch your version makes more sense :thumb:
Yeah, I swear I heard Thursday evening during my first watch... (although, I was watching it on a noisy bus on the way to school.)
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Anyone who still has their YTR trial, I recommend Vlogumentary - it just went up today, its a documetary about vlogging and while deppy aren't in it, it touches a lot on the things about quality and quantity that we tend to talk about here. Its really good :) (Plus there is a lot of footage of Los Angeles where I live and im a sucker for that stuff lol)

eevee
emo goose

This FNAF game wasnt super scary but i feel like it might get scarier as it goes on, though i think they said at the end that they arent gonna play any more? oh well.

Lots of snake jokes to be made

DAN don't fucking jinx Phil's death for fuck's sake!!!
mio wrote:- 9:20 DanandPhil first day evening simulator? I can't believe he actually went there. ready to let go of all the lies about 2009 yet, dan?
I thought the same thing, at first I even thought he said first date for a split second I was about to ascend into heaven but then I quickly realized it was "day." However Ickle had to tell me it was "thursday" because even after second listen I thought it said "first day." I guess it's the accent?

Overall it was a cute video and I enjoyed it, I might watch it again.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
kay
phabergé

I'm not even done watching it but I had to stop in the middle to make a "Horton hears two b*tch ass liars" gif

Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

achika wrote:I'm not even done watching it but I had to stop in the middle to make a "Horton hears two b*tch ass liars" gif

Perfect.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I'm glad I'm not alone finding it a bit meh at least at first. They were so calm for so long, not very spooks :roll: I just rediscovered illmakeyouhowell's best of spooky week videos and then rewatched half the actual videos, and there was way more screaming and jumping. Also the lighting seemed brighter in this one, less immersive maybe. Their bants saved it once they got going, thank goodness.

The game just didn't have any urgency of keeping an eye on things like it did before, only when it got to the power problem, but having to crawl through ventilation shafts was good. I've had a similar thing in stressful dreams about having to jump missing stairs or climb up through chimneys, but in comparison to being stuck in a dream trying to wake up, this wasn't so scary.

It is an interesting game, though, I'm intrigued to see other let's plays to find out more what happens if you get the power back on and continue through the nights. I wasn't that interested in the previous ones, but this is living up to what I've heard. I like the soft-voiced person giving them advice and the recorded message telling the toys to go back to sleep etc, good mix of sounds when you're expecting everything to be jangly or loud.

Loved the return of Timmy the snake, less glad for Dan to take it off Phil. He does that a lot with the (admittedly creepy af) cat-whiskers-and-fringe mask and something else, I forget what now, and telling him to shut up or teasing him for moaning about the annoying keyboard. I hope that's not why Phil had that dream about his mouth being sewn closed. He gives good comebacks often enough, though, just something I noticed.

Loved them both singing Danger Toys At Work and keeping it going, always here for their singing voices

Dan really does need to relax about dying in games, this is just the beginning of the week and Slither.io wasn't packed in with other games, I'd understand if he'd been overdoing it with gaming, maybe he's stressed out with stuff all going on or coming up not meaning to analyse him as such, just wondering and projecting cos I'm the same.

Great moth shirt story sinnamonrollphil, good that he got some praise for a shirt he likes, though it is annoyingly crinkly. I'm not a fan of ironing (too easy to burn yourself through terrible spatial awareness), so I understand but still it looks messy. Phil's ghost shirt is a good juxtaposition to it.

Could have down without furry jokes yet again. Let the fur community live, it's not all sex, Dan. Also did not hear "genital" instead of "janitorial", one more nail in Phil as innocent flower, but if that's what's on their brains ;)

Congrats Jewel on Phil's icon too, seeing that happen on Twitter was so cool.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I guess Phil is not joining the Lesters' holiday due to work commitment with his "partner", or they'll join them later during DPGOOSE promotion?
Last edited by sweetmm on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

rizzo wrote: Oh, if I could praise Phil Lester endlessly.... Let us begin with this chillest of responses. :lol:
Aren't pumpkin spiced lattes a popular meme? Is this guy really the OG of using it on twitter? I would have thought it was a fairly popular concept that many people probably came up on their own .

I'm not saying Phil did come up with it, as he was actually asking fans for idea it's entirely possible he got the idea from a fan or he copied it off this guy (or another twitter user using it) but even so are Halloween themed twitter names really a copyright issue these days? Do you have to credit someone if you got the idea from them?! I'm not even that old and sometimes I feel like I don't understand the world these days.
eevee
emo goose

pearshaped34 wrote:Aren't pumpkin spiced lattes a popular meme? Is this guy really the OG of using it on twitter? I would have thought it was a fairly popular concept that many people probably came up on their own .

I'm not saying Phil did come up with it, as he was actually asking fans for idea it's entirely possible he got the idea from a fan or he copied it off this guy (or another twitter user using it) but even so are Halloween themed twitter names really a copyright issue these days? Do you have to credit someone if you got the idea from them?! I'm not even that old and sometimes I feel like I don't understand the world these days.
That guy Chai was in the tatinof docu and is part of flipside (or channelflip?) so he's not actually being salty I assume, I think he's poking fun and making a joke, especially since Phil responded and I don't think he's respond to actual hate. I don't think there as any malice
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Chai's a youtuber, he's just playing. ^^what eevee said.

Someone on Twitter asked Martyn about Dapgoose and he said he'll be leaving the US before then, they're not doing merch for it.
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

I hope it's okay!

DOUBLE EDIT

hi ive used one of these as my signature!! if that's not cool w you please let me know so i can change it
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
karma_yeah
philussy

I can't get past that "moment" between them at 17:57. Phil says "Where's the truth?" and Dan looks him up and down twice. Phil holds his gaze the whole time. (I swear they can talk to each other with their eyes).

When they break away and look back at the camera, Dan gets a nervous giggle like he's just been caught doing something wrong. I'm surprised they didn't edit that out. (and soooo happy they didn't!!)

I thought Phil seemed kind of flirty with Dan in this one for a change. Don't mind me, I'm just
What goes around, comes around Image