Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

trashqueen wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote:i interpreted this as them using waffles as a stand in for alcohol and realising they have a young impressionable audience. They only showed very short clips of their time in Vegas but I can believe they went to a bar, got hammered on sweet sugary drinks and retired to their hotel room
Nah - they don't shy away from talking about drinks and showing themselves drinking in other sections. Plus Dan has made entire main channel videos explicitly about drinking and being drunk. I don't see alcohol as something they'd feel the need to go that euphemistic about.

also it's just more fun for it to mean orgasms
true, although tbh i kind of want it to be alcohol because i would find it hilarious if they went 'think of the children!!!' when considering mentioning alcohol and then made a main channel video like the baking video where they casually made a bukkake joke

but yes orgasms are more fun
http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8520069
fancy_nancy
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I love the book!!!! haven't finished it yet but so far it's really cute. Oh and i'm just going to put this here bc i'm laughing so much (warning dapgo spoiler)
Dan wrote:Yours was the sweetest and brightest thing i have ever put in my mouth

:lol: :lol: he's talking about phils drink at the party but it's wayyyy better out of context
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Good start to the day. My local Whsmiths had DAPGO and Costa Coffee have their Christmas drinks in.!

Had a quick flick through. I can't wait to read it in my lunch break. I couldn't stop smiling. So many cute domestic photos that we probably would never have seen.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Starlighthugs
tol bean

Does anyone know why it's not available on iTunes yet? I've tried iTunes and iBooks but it's not giving me any results. :(
ceedeebee
tol bean

Starlighthugs wrote:Does anyone know why it's not available on iTunes yet? I've tried iTunes and iBooks but it's not giving me any results. :(
I bought the ebook through iBooks and got it this morning.
Starlighthugs
tol bean

ceedeebee wrote:
Starlighthugs wrote:Does anyone know why it's not available on iTunes yet? I've tried iTunes and iBooks but it's not giving me any results. :(
I bought the ebook through iBooks and got it this morning.
This is what I see when I search for it:

https://imgur.com/a/U0ex7

Perhaps it's just the UK store that's not working?
antigone
butt chair

I can't find it on the UK iBooks either :cry:

[offtopic]Do you guys remember http://snokoplasm.com/? what happened to it?[/offtopic]
Last edited by antigone on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

DAPGO was available last night on the UK itunes but I decided not to buy it because the only apple product I use is an iphone and didn't really want to have to look at the book on there.
It seems to have been taken down now for some reason though.

Am I right in thinking that is (or was) the only place to get the enhanced version of the ebook?
Phantasy
woodland creature

Looking through dapgo I'm forever wondering if they ever take 2 pictures, one for public use and one for private. For instance, in a lot of their standing-in-front-of-something photos they look a bit awarkdly stiff with hands in pockets and whatnot. I'd like to think they also take a private photo that's a little more relaxed, arms around the shoulder or waist, etc., cause I think it would be a shame if they always felt, even in a controlled environment, that they couldn't express even the slightest bit of intimacy for fear of being outed.
ceedeebee
tol bean

It might just be UK iTunes/iBooks. I can pull it up on the US sites. I bought the enhanced version.
antigone
butt chair

People with the ibooks enhanced version:

Do you think it is worth it? I never buy books on my phone but with a photo book I feel like it's more suited to a digital platform so I'm not sure what to do
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

antigone wrote:People with the ibooks enhanced version:

Do you think it is worth it? I never buy books on my phone but with a photo book I feel like it's more suited to a digital platform so I'm not sure what to do
I think so, yeah. They don't do commentary on every page (maybe not even half of them, in case quantity makes a difference to you) but I like having a digital version and the audio commentary is kind of hilarious. Dan is sassy as fuck and they also just sound very, like - real? It is much less polished than the audio book for TABINOF, much less scripted and rehearsed. They laugh a lot and heckle each other and some of the jokes go badly and the timing isn't always perfect, which really just makes it come off like they literally sat down with the book and would just start talking about the page as they got to it.
antigone
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote:
antigone wrote:People with the ibooks enhanced version:

I think so, yeah. They don't do commentary on every page (maybe not even half of them, in case quantity makes a difference to you) but I like having a digital version and the audio commentary is kind of hilarious. Dan is sassy as fuck and they also just sound very, like - real? It is much less polished than the audio book for TABINOF, much less scripted and rehearsed. They laugh a lot and heckle each other and some of the jokes go badly and the timing isn't always perfect, which really just makes it come off like they literally sat down with the book and would just start talking about the page as they got to it.
Ahh this sounds great, okay I'll definitely get it - thanks so much!! :D
tymyky
glabella

alittledizzy wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:
mermaid blood wrote:oh...my god. you guys.

(spoiler- short Dapgo audio clip:)
dearest dizzy just sent me this that she kindly recorded (i can't get the audio till next week) and i can't stop replaying and smirking.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0aKmCDrw4V3
Dan: It was fun! Vegas is like a horrible, tacky theme park that is just like the worst place in the world, but yet really amazing and funny.
Phil: Yeah I loved it, I had a great time.
Dan: By that you mean, you had lots of waffles.
Phil: I had a lot of...intense waffles...

Um...what is with that tone? that makes no sense? and waffles, what has that got to do with Vegas? why did he just say intense about waffles? why did they make waffles into a euphemism with that suggestive tone? euphemism for what? the reason they had a great time on the night of Dan's birthday? what?
i can't believe that was an injoke between them this whole time. those cheeky bastards! that is hilarious to me. my mind is filling with the filthiest thoughts.
Waffles=orgasms.
The only logical explanation.
Guys you might be onto something. I had a laughing fit as a read this
DAPGO spoiler
majitzu
angel bean

mermaid blood wrote:can men even...have 7 waffles?
jajjajajja la ptm

oh my god! I'm crying

ok ok, I will keep on reading you guys
starlight-still
truth bomb

DAPGO is love. DAPGO is life.
After being a terrible local and napping through the Cubs winning the World Series, I woke up to shouts of joy…only to flip my e-mail open as soon as I could to see that the enhanced DAPGO was, indeed ready for download. WOOOO!

I spent two of the wee hours of the morning soaking in page after glorious page of homespun deppi-ness. The audio addition made the experience even more intimate and charming with all the little jokes and anecdotes. I’m so very, very pleased…for them, for everyone involved in the tour.

I’m really still in trash heap mode so all I can do is whimper about a few of my favorite parts:

- Seeing production notes peppered in throughout
- The props page made me tear up a little…just seeing all those familiar little objects and knowing it’s all a wrap (ish)…sigh
- Them rocking neck pillows on page 23 (top)
- Them watching GOT on the microwave on page 35
- Dan’s TSA shoe story from Seattle on page 39
- Everything about the dressing room spread on pages 50-51
- That photo of Philip De Milo on page 52, he is so damn pretty in that one
- Pages 54-55…light and love
- Drake’s photobooth on page 77, we’ll make a Youtuber of him yet
- Them speaking fondly of their colleague-friends (78-79)
- Phil’s fam- they are all long-legged nerd boys and Phil’s face looks exactly.like.his.mom’s. (we see where the loveliness comes from!)
- Hobbit hair Dan striking a pose on page 110 at mini golf
- Phil looking so at home in Central Park…don’t know what it is but he looks so at ease
- Any and all shots of them in nature/outdoors just …especially Phil when he's tending to the little creatures of the wild
- Chicago got some shout outs! I especially enjoyed hearing about their architecture tour and Bean visit. That being said…
- Phil no no no darling you cannot have our Bean or our cartoon water don’t even think about trying to nab it up when you’re back on our soil next week ...thanks for coming byeeee :D
- Finally seeing those hardworking crew and merch peeps!
- That photo of them standing on the hill in SF…also the one of them from behind by the Golden Gate
- Phil’s plant/tree thing is starting to sound deep, uh, you trying to tell us something (Dan with the animals, Phil with the plants, they do make a fine pair)
- Every photo of Dan in Vegas- if Phil looked at home in NYC, Dan did among the glitz and kitsch of the Strip
- Them lowkey sassing a few folks (e.g.- their editor for making them put the space pages in and that one makeup artist who did Dan during the filming…those little control freaks, that’s why we love ‘em)
- Phil’s weird room service stories, I laughed so much at the flirty, rave, and loud guy ones…and all of Phil’s awkward responses, haha
I will soak it all in and get thoughtful about it when I have more time but…just know that I am full of life and joy today because of what they’ve shared with us…and if you are too, let’s revel in this moment together :D

Re: Waffles
Now I'm reading some of the comments and seeing this, er, waffle theory :lol: Great, now that one will never get outta my head...watch Phil tweet about a waffle this week, we'll all be like :o :o :o :o..... ;)
eevee
emo goose

I'm in America and I pre-ordered and then downloaded the enhanced book, but every time I try to download it in iBooks it does this:

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm getting pissed off. I paid for this.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
uglyamerican
woodland creature

eevee wrote:This is nice:
coffeepenguin wrote:(all in all, more innuendos than even last year, not one no homo reaction, not one explicitly heterosexual reference - no boobs, no "what she said", a lot of just laughing instead of backtracking)
But other than that, I feel like a lot of the same things were done in monster pops as previous vids. The moaning/sex noises when putting ingredients into the bowl, talking about wanting to rub the mixture all over his body, feeding each other or giving each other the spoon to lick, eating the finished product and acting super pleasured.

I feel like this video isn't a huge huge difference from previous videos, but I like that you pointed out the lack of heterosexual references. That makes me happy Also the lack of backtracking. I think you're right that the videos are getting more and more sexual, which is cool!! I just don't think this should be super surprising, yknow?

Thank you SO much for compiling this!!
I'm late in chiming in on the latest "baking" video (still trying to catch up in this thread,) but gfc, it was goofy af! Amazing the results you get when not trying to "force" reactions 8-) One of my favorites this year
Last edited by uglyamerican on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

hi sorry i am back.

yeah i met them yesterday at dapgoose!!

i was one of only 5 people to meet them. they arrived at 3pm.

idk how i get so confident when i meet them, i literally talk non stop lmao. all i remember saying really was "dan you went with the black shirt then!!"

and then when dan wanted to take the picture he was like "shall i take the picture" and i was like "you always say that hehe"

thats all really. oh and i hugged dan twice because yolo

phil was wearing his puffy space coat and dan was wearing his black coat. i couldnt really smell phil but dan smelt freakin amazing.

i love phil so much hes so cute irl, like literally adorable. how is he even real?

i dont rly feel comfortable putting my pics on this forum, but of course feel free to personal message me and i'll send them!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

starlight-still wrote:
- Them lowkey sassing a few folks (e.g.- their editor for making them put the space pages in and that one makeup artist who did Dan during the filming…those little control freaks, that’s why we love ‘em)
Agreed with all of your thoughts, but ESPECIALLY this one!
I definitely laughed out every single time they mentioned the space pages with the theatre pictures. "Don't your eyes just feel so well-rested now?" or whatever Dan said.

In general, the sheer honesty in this book and commentary is my favorite thing.
Every day, it becomes increasingly harder to climb out of this trash chute we call the phandom.
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Ugghhh.
I don't get my book for another 11 days, thanks to #DAPGOOSELA.

*whiiiinnnneeeeee*
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

relating to the Vegas pages (spoilers)
resident sunshine redelep found the room they stayed in, and where they ate

Tower King Room at the Bellagio

And dinner at Picasso:

DeadlyNova
living flop

It's release day and my book still hasn't shipped. I checked the mailbox hopefully but, of course, it wasn't there. I feel like I'm being a bit over dramatic, considering so many people won't have it for a long time, but this has put me in such a sour mood. I preordered it the day it was announced to ensure that I would get it on time. That was one of the only things I've had to look forward to lately.
I work at Subway and today is National Sandwich Day, meaning free food for customers and absolute hell for me. I had still been excited about this day because of the book. Now I just want it to be over. That was the light at the emd of the sandwich tunnel! Should have stuck with Amazon. Bookmark ain't worth it.
I've emailed them twice and still no response.
I'm sorry for being so negative I'm just really mad. :x
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

The book is so warm and adorable. 2016 D&P remind me of this song, which happens to be a duet as well. It should be their Christmas single.

Lyrics:
funny
funny little smile
like a guilty child
trying to fool ya
funny
like zsa zsa gabor
not funny ha-ha or
funny peculiar

you’re strangely attractive
you’re oddly adorable
the funny fact is
funny peculiar, you are the one

funny
funny little face
like a sunny day
in the middle of winter
you’re funny
like a minor chord
there isn’t a reason for
they just throw it in there

you’re oddly adorable
the funny little fact is
for me, honey yes indeed
you’re the one for me
honey yes indeed you’re
funny
peculiar

you’re madly magnificent
and the funny little fact is

honey yes indeed
you’re the one for me
honey yes indeed
funny peculiar
that is what you are
funny peculiar
that is what you are
Bassoonage
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote:relating to the Vegas pages (spoilers)
resident sunshine redelep found the room they stayed in, and where they ate

Tower King Room at the Bellagio

And dinner at Picasso:

Idk. I've stayed in Vegas a few times (normally the Venetian) and lots of those nicer hotels have floor plans etc not stated on their website. I think I got a suite once that said it had two beds but got one king and it had a pullout couch because I didn't need the second bed. Also once we got two beds because we requested it even though that option is not stated online. The furniture is the same but sometimes the bathroom or room arrangement is different. Since the hotels are shaped funny they have lots of space for custom rooms to cator to their customers as opposed to a rectangular space where every room is a carbon copy stacked on each other.