Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
vogonsrock
squish

Oops sorry I quoted the wrong thread about bunks instead of replying to Blueapple about the UK book having the images (and I couldn't edit it for some reason - ineptitude probably). Looks like alittledizzy has come up with the likely reason for omision though :D

What a terrible post to start a new page :roll:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

wow, that is super irritating to release differing versions missing whole photos and anecdotes. and it's definitely not for the sake of any teens buying it.

if they're altering content to appease to parents flicking through, are those parents actually watching the source of the book they're buying for their kid? they've just uploaded content like Halloween Baking 2016 and they swear, make drug, drinking and sex jokes on their gaming channel and Dan's channel and always have...
art in avatar by lily
majitzu
angel bean

My kindle version doesn't have those photos too,I'm angry and sad ... whyyy? >:C
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

mermaid blood wrote:wow, that is super irritating to release differing versions missing whole photos and anecdotes. and it's definitely not for the sake of any teens buying it.

if they're altering content to appease to parents flicking through, are those parents actually watching the source of the book they're buying for their kid? they've just uploaded content like Halloween Baking 2016 and they swear, make drug, drinking and sex jokes on their gaming channel and Dan's channel and always have...
yeah this

honestly it makes absolutely no sense, censorship in general makes no sense to me most of the time, especially nowadays when the internet is a thing and kids are gonna google whatever the fuck they want, parents should give talking to their kids a try instead of protecting them from the shock horror of knowing that two grown ass men drink alcohol, that only leads to ignorance and the only thing worse than a dumb teen doing something they shouldn't be doing is a dumb teen doing something they shouldn't be doing and that they don't even know how to do

god, sorry for this off topic rant, can you tell how much this annoys me
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Rigby
lady door

Wow, that's annoying. I was going to ask my mum to get a copy for me when she travels to the US, but I don't want the censored version :( I guess I'm going to buy it somewhere else. Where can I buy it to make sure I get the UK version?
danphil333
hobbit hair

Is there any way for us windows/android plebs to listen to the enhanced version?
i want to give them more of my money but i am literally not allowed to do it :(

i need phils beautiful voice in my life
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

I don't have anything really to add to discussion I just want to say thanks to everyone who's posting spoilers from DAPGO! I preordered the book to be delivered to my UK address so I can't read it til I go home for summer/Xmas - a whole 19 days before I can read it was considering cancelling my preorder (it's not been dispatched yet) and buying the aus version but now I'm worried it'll be censored like the US one - who knows tho, drinking culture is pretty much the same as the UK here so I assume it'll be fine - does anyone else in this part of the world know?

also @missemma - thanks for filming so much of dapgoose, I loved the videos on twitter
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I'm glad somebody cleared up this alcohol mess! I kept seeing people talk about these images and captions and I started to think I was either crazy or had read through the book too quickly and didn't register a bunch of things. Ugh.

Anyways, the book is so lovely. I flipped through the preview of the enhanced audio book and now I'm quite sad I didn't get it. I love having a physical hardcover copy, but their anecdotes sounds sooooo good and casual. This student be broke, though.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Wow I can't believe the US one is censored. When I saw a Spoiler for the drinks photo, I thought the explanation on the cocktails was weird.
Why bother changing it? They already told everyone what was in the cocktails on their twitter (I made Phils and it was amazing) seems very weird to me.
I wonder if someone asked in a Ls, they would explain.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
timtam
lady door

frkin-zazzed wrote:I don't have anything really to add to discussion I just want to say thanks to everyone who's posting spoilers from DAPGO! I preordered the book to be delivered to my UK address so I can't read it til I go home for summer/Xmas - a whole 19 days before I can read it was considering cancelling my preorder (it's not been dispatched yet) and buying the aus version but now I'm worried it'll be censored like the US one - who knows tho, drinking culture is pretty much the same as the UK here so I assume it'll be fine - does anyone else in this part of the world know?

also @missemma - thanks for filming so much of dapgoose, I loved the videos on twitter
I'd like to say that Australia wouldn't have it censored but it's published by the same company as the US one - Random House Books for Young Readers. Booktopia also states the country of publication is the US. So I'm not sure but it seems like Aus does have the American version. If I see it in store i'll check.
frkin-zazzed
drama llama
Pronouns: they/them

timtam wrote:
frkin-zazzed wrote:I don't have anything really to add to discussion I just want to say thanks to everyone who's posting spoilers from DAPGO! I preordered the book to be delivered to my UK address so I can't read it til I go home for summer/Xmas - a whole 19 days before I can read it was considering cancelling my preorder (it's not been dispatched yet) and buying the aus version but now I'm worried it'll be censored like the US one - who knows tho, drinking culture is pretty much the same as the UK here so I assume it'll be fine - does anyone else in this part of the world know?

I'd like to say that Australia wouldn't have it censored but it's published by the same company as the US one - Random House Books for Young Readers. Booktopia also states the country of publication is the US. So I'm not sure but it seems like Aus does have the American version. If I see it in store i'll check.
i've been assured on twitter that the aus version isn't censored!! still not gonna get it because it's twice the price of the amazon preorder but still, it's good to know
flurry
living flop

I agree with some of the others here - I literally own no Apple device so I don't know how I can ever get to hear those audio anecdotes that you guys are talking about! I saw the DAPGO book in my local stores though (in Singapore) right on the day it was released, which is a surprise.

I also have a question on the daylight saving time they mentioned - if Phil's younow at 7pm used to be 2am for me, does it mean that it's now 1am for me instead? Or is it now at 3am? Thanks!
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Phil tweeted btw: And he also replied to me!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

flurry wrote:I agree with some of the others here - I literally own no Apple device so I don't know how I can ever get to hear those audio anecdotes that you guys are talking about! I saw the DAPGO book in my local stores though (in Singapore) right on the day it was released, which is a surprise.

I also have a question on the daylight saving time they mentioned - if Phil's younow at 7pm used to be 2am for me, does it mean that it's now 1am for me instead? Or is it now at 3am? Thanks!
I think it'll be at 3am now.
majitzu
angel bean

Here you have #teagate, but is not really a mystery cause you can see clearly who spilled the tea

edit: now that I watch it again, it was definitely Phil :sideeye:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that's fantastic
sweetmm
angel bean

Their signing method together has become an art itself :lol:
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

You guys...
I really appreciate it that you guys posted some pics of DAPGO since... I still haven't saved up to buy it. Well, actually, I did, but it's only enough for TABINOF, so... :(
Anyways, I hope that there will be no missing pages once I buy it... :/ And... I'm using Android... So... :(
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

majitzu wrote::rofl:
Here you have #teagate, but is not really a mystery cause you can see clearly who spilled the tea

Was it Phil? I wonder why he took the blame so quickly? Anyway that vid just made me laugh though

(Ps thank you to the person who explained thicc to me a few pages ago :thumb: )
Waggle9007
sofa crease

eevee wrote: Image
I don't understand this joke can someone hold my hand
I don't understand this either! Could anyone shed some light?

Have to say, I was sceptical about the book when I first heard about it (didn't stop me from preordering it though :lol: ) But it's really well put together, I love that it genuinely feels like a scrapbook :)
Philena
blobfish

sweetmm wrote:Their signing method together has become an art itself :lol:
That is adorable, but wouldn't it have made sense to be on the opposite sides?
eevee
emo goose

Kathrynxjane wrote:(I made Phils and it was amazing) seems very weird to me.
I wonder if someone asked in a Ls, they would explain.
Ooh! Can you DM me the measurements of how you mixed the drink? I really wanna make it too but I'm no bartender and would probably mess it up with how I mix it :(

I hope they do explain in a ls!!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Philena wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Their signing method together has become an art itself :lol:
That is adorable, but wouldn't it have made sense to be on the opposite sides?
It could be their thing about always being in the order of "Dan and Phil"
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
akui
blobfish

rizzo wrote:
akui wrote:
visiblelurker wrote:
missemma wrote:
Anyone who was on Deppys bus - so D&P, Drake, the two management girls, Mark (photographer when he was with them) and one other guy who I don't know.
So how many bunks were on the bus again? lol
6 bunks
#phrakeconfirmed
I am so sorry there's only 4 bunks! I clearly don't know how to count, but Dan and Phil don't know how to lie either! So brace yourself, here comes more #busgate related dapgo spoiler!
I think there are 6 ppl on the bus, deppy, fleur, drake, marianne and mark, according to this photo.
But there's only 4 bunks!
So you do the math.

And further more, look at the color of the pillow at the bottom bunk!
Now look at this picture from dapgo
And look at the docu

He was on the bottom bunk in dapgo and top bunk in docu!

#Phake exposed.
Rigby
lady door

majitzu wrote::rofl:

Yeah, definitely Phil, he slightly pushes the table with his leg and that triggers the domino effect
Still, why on earth would Dan bring a vase to the stage?