Dan & Phil Part 29: Horton hears two b*tch ass liars

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Philena wrote:
akui wrote:Vegas related dapgo spoiler
First i was curious about the drink Dan had in vegas, he had a red drink with goldish rim, and later at dinner he also had a red drink with a gold rim, he loves a good rim doesn't he.
I can't find what drinks he had but i did find the drink menu

Lunch at Eiffel Tower restaurant Drink menu

Dinner at Picasso (thanks to alittledizzy's info!) Drink menu
I think that's a Patron Gold Cosmo! (Of course it is :roll: )
maybe? it does look like it!

Now we have the city, where is the sex?
000dia000
emo goose

lilMango wrote:;)
This is evil, you're evil and I love it
I wonder when tumblr will see this ;)
:cactus:
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I want to get the book as a pick-me-up for my s/o since he's a D&P fan and currently wallowing in academic hell (and myself obviously, who am I kidding) but he's going to be buried under assignments until tomorrow night. So thank you for sharing the spoilers, I can indulge my curiosity until I can get the e-book.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I made a video of all the little clips I took at the London event yesterday, it's only 7 minutes of footage but if you want to see it:

Wish I had video'd the question, "why is the cover of the book so ugly" but alas after drinking beforehand, I needed to toilet. I missed the answer so looking forwards to Dan uploading.
I didn't get a chance to look at my book until after work today (because after the event we may have gone to the pub and got totally shitfaced ooops) but I've had a good look through tonight and
I really like it. I like how they've basically made a scrapbook of the tour and their experience. I love the candid photos, and for a strange reason I really like seeing the photos of them out and about with the management. They are in so many photos that I didn't expect to see them in. I love seeing Dans hair pushed back and Phil in glasses, and more natural pictures of them. I didn't have any expectations for the book, but I really enjoyed it. I am someone who always has keepsakes from things I've done and always make scrapbooks so I can look back and reminisce so this kinda thing is right up my street. Solid 10/10 for dapgo from me.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lilMango
morning quiff

(Yea THAT pic isn't real I just photoshopped it soz)
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Philena
blobfish

lilMango wrote:(Yea THAT pic isn't real I just photoshopped it soz)
You rotten piece of fruit! I'm usually not so gullible.
eevee
emo goose

question about DAPGO please look and answer if you've read the book:
Do you think the "overheard" section of DAPGO was said by dan and phil, crew, fans, or all of the above? Page 222. Here's a pic, sorry it's big but I can't do a spoiler tag within a spoiler tag:

Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

eevee wrote:question about DAPGO please look and answer if you've read the book:
Do you think the "overheard" section of DAPGO was said by dan and phil, crew, fans, or all of the above? Page 222. Here's a pic, sorry it's big but I can't do a spoiler tag within a spoiler tag:

At the show last night
they said all of these were sentences overheard on the tour bus.
eevee
emo goose

missemma wrote:At the show last night
they said all of these were sentences overheard on the tour bus.
sorry I'm still confused, so were they said by dan and phil or the crew?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

eevee wrote:
sorry I'm still confused, so were they said by dan and phil or the crew?
Anyone who was on Deppys bus - so D&P, Drake, the two management girls, Mark (photographer when he was with them) and one other guy who I don't know.
eevee
emo goose

missemma wrote:
Anyone who was on Deppys bus - so D&P, Drake, the two management girls, Mark (photographer when he was with them) and one other guy who I don't know.
So there's no way to know who said what?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

eevee wrote:
So there's no way to know who said what?
they may have said a few examples of who said what last night but tbh I can't remember now.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Saw this post on tumblr a few weeks ago

http://pixielle.tumblr.com/post/6098528 ... on-on-dans

Might explain the origin of Dan's interest in llamas. Funny thought, anyway.
eevee
emo goose

missemma wrote:
they may have said a few examples of who said what last night but tbh I can't remember now.
okay! I'll choose what to believe accordingly....lol thanks!!
anathema
morning quiff

akui wrote:he loves a good rim doesn't he.
Does he now? ;) ;) ;)

Thanks everyone for posting the interesting parts of DAPGO! saves me twenty dollars and owning a book that I don't want
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
visiblelurker
delia smith

missemma wrote:
So how many bunks were on the bus again? lol
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

visiblelurker wrote:
missemma wrote:
6 bunks

apathy
sad dimple

I was ready to buy the enhanced ebook, but the ibooks app apparently requires ios 10 to install, even though the book says it's fine with ios 4. I haven't even been brave enough to trust my 3-year-old ipad with ios 8. The tragedy of distrust caused by updates that always make things worse. (I know, I can hear Apple from here saying "screw your $12 book buy a new ipad lol". :sideeye:)

...The audio will eventually appear somewhere, right? Because Amazon will happily take my money for a Kindle version on any device I own.
missemma wrote:I made a video of all the little clips I took at the London event yesterday, it's only 7 minutes of footage but if you want to see it:
He does say Kansas hotel, but Undertale was filmed in Kentucky? (Or close enough, rumor had it the hotel was actually across the river in Indiana.) How soon we're forgotten. :( Thanks for the clips!
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

visiblelurker wrote:
missemma wrote:
Their PA too, right? The blonde girl in some of the photos, and the one shown handing out bags? So Fleur and Marianne were management, Anna was the assistant. Drake, Mark, and the other guy.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

akui wrote:
visiblelurker wrote:
missemma wrote:
6 bunks
#phrakeconfirmed
fancy_nancy
phabergé

apathy wrote: ...The audio will eventually appear somewhere, right?
there are some on tumblr, i’ve only seen two but i’m sure they’re all there. (airport incident and dan and phil explaining sports)
blueapple_x
flower crown

An annoying discovery has been made lol.

Seems like the North American printed version of DAPGO (or at least, the one with the blue spine) is missing some images.
Page 192 and 193:
Image (blue spine printed version) Ignore the shitty quality lol

Image (US itunes/ibooks online version)
In case it's hard to tell:
The images removed are the ones with alcohol in it :facepalm:
Also, they removed the name of the alcohol in the drinks as well:
vs
...blue syrup lol.
I'm unsure about whether the UK printed version with the white spine is also missing the same images or if it's just the ones with the blue spine. Someone check please?
Last edited by blueapple_x on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Please vote for the next thread name here!
busy being happy~
vogonsrock
squish

rizzo wrote:
akui wrote:
visiblelurker wrote:
missemma wrote:
6 bunks
#phrakeconfirmed
My UK version (white spine) has all those images. I didn't realise Canada had strict 'laws?' about depicting alcohol. Or am I just assuming and is there another reason for omission.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

blueapple_x wrote:An annoying discovery has been made lol.

Seems like the North American printed version of DAPGO (or at least, the one with the blue spine) is missing some images.
Page 192 and 193:
Image (blue spine printed version) Ignore the shitty photo I took lol

Image (US itunes/ibooks online version)
In case it's hard to tell:
The images removed are the ones with alcohol in it :facepalm:
This wasn't on the same page but they removed the name of the alcohol in the drinks as well lol:
Image vs
...blue syrup lol.
I'm unsure about whether the UK printed version with the white spine is also missing the same images or if it's just the ones with the blue spine. Someone check please?
I'm in the US and my blue-spine hard copy is missing those picutres.

The book is published under Random House Teens, and in the US you can't legally drink until 21 - I'm guessing the publisher just thought it was more appropriate to remove those references and not seem like it was glamorizing alcohol in something meant for teenagers?