Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

Saying that all white people are not allowed to have an opinion on something does sound racist to me. Racism does go both ways.
But in this case, we're talking about white people and an indigenous population, and I would argue that that really doesn't go both ways. There is no way indigenous people can be racist against white people, as white people have the power in this instance. It was white people that invaded their land, white people who waged a genocide against them, and white people who continue to oppress them. Of course white people are allowed to have an opinion, but we can also be objectively wrong, and when people of colour call us out on our opinions we have to shut up and listen.

Edit: omg sorry this is the top post, i'm aware it's barely related to dnp :|
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

SquishPhan wrote:
notworthreading wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
akui wrote:Dear white people, when a minority complain to you about a racial problem, the only correct answer is: I might not fully relate, but I respect.
Racist. Bonus patronsing attitude though too. Nice.
Ignorant. Bonus unnecessary self-victimisation. Typical.
Saying that all white people are not allowed to have an opinion on something does sound racist to me. Racism does go both ways.
Racism against white people, as well as heterophobia and misandry have indeed plagued our societies for centuries as displayed throughout History.
White people have been known to be an oppressed minority, whose culture has been and still is destroyed, mocked and stolen for the benefice of people of color.
Over the course of the colonisation of Europe, people of color cleverly set up a system supported by pseudoscientific techniques in order to support their racial superiority.
To this day, white people earn the lowest income, face state/police brutality and have their overall humanity perpetually questioned.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

captainspacecoat wrote:
But in this case, we're talking about white people and an indigenous population, and I would argue that that really doesn't go both ways. There is no way indigenous people can be racist against white people, as white people have the power in this instance. It was white people that invaded their land, white people who waged a genocide against them, and white people who continue to oppress them. Of course white people are allowed to have an opinion, but we can also be objectively wrong, and when people of colour call us out on our opinions we have to shut up and listen.
Racism does go both ways. Racism goes all directions. Indigenous people, black, brown, etc, all can be racist towards whites. Yes, white people came over here to North America and pretty much "took over" but back in the early days of the US whites were slaves as well up in New England. If you weren't English you weren't given the same rights/status. Mind you, back then not only were indians being persecuted but the Catholics from Canada were as well.

Colonial US history is a hot mess of various ethnicities fleeing Europe, and when you put all of those people into a new land with no established government, well, you get the hot mess it was and continues to be today.

Moving forward with US history, after the Civil War, black carpetbaggers from the north went down south and exploited the southern blacks. The American Indians never stood a chance, to be honest, because they were in the way. So they moved them all predominantly west (those who didn't assimilate) and parked them on reservations in the middle of nowhere. Where I live there are many, MANY reservations, but there's no doubting the history the American Indians brought with them. Doesn't matter what color you are, you can't help but notice how the country was shaped.
karma_yeah
philussy

000dia000 wrote:discourse is important
but what the fuck has this got to do with dan and phil anymore?
I'm not a moderator, but we have a social justice thread.

I'd like to respectfully suggest that folks who wish to discuss the very deep and important topics of racism, and the appropriateness of jokes about consent/suicide, etc. continue the conversation there.

Thank you
What goes around, comes around Image
majitzu
angel bean

Oh dear. This has gone out of topic. We are not discussion deppy anymore. So I think if you want to keep talking about this there are another threads for that. Or create a new one, or ignore me I'm not a moderator anyway
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

notworthreading wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
notworthreading wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
akui wrote:Dear white people, when a minority complain to you about a racial problem, the only correct answer is: I might not fully relate, but I respect.
Racism against white people, as well as heterophobia and misandry have indeed plagued our societies for centuries as displayed throughout History.
White people have been known to be an oppressed minority, whose culture has been and still is destroyed, mocked and stolen for the benefice of people of color.
Over the course of the colonisation of Europe, people of color cleverly set up a system supported by pseudoscientific techniques in order to support their racial superiority.
To this day, white people earn the lowest income, face state/police brutality and have their overall humanity perpetually questioned.
True. +1

If you are looking to exploit a certain race, always look towards your own.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

SquishPhan wrote:
notworthreading wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Thank you for letting me know i'm a racist.

I may not fully relate, but i respect.

This discussion continues here: click me i'm racist.
Last edited by akui on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

majitzu wrote:Oh dear. This has gone out of topic. We are not discussion deppy anymore. So I think if you want to keep talking about this there are another threads for that. Or create a new one, or ignore me I'm not a moderator anyway

This is what happens when Deppy is out of sight/out of mind. We have yet to see any "proof of complete codependency posts" from Dan so once Deps decide to get back on line we are amusing ourselves.
000dia000
emo goose

I think I want the bedgate discussion back.
:cactus:
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Fine.

Let's talk about Dan.

Why was he in westminster last night.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

akui wrote:Fine.

Let's talk about Dan.

Why was he in westminster last night.
Hopefully on his way to Heathrow to catch a flight to Florida?
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

000dia000 wrote:I think I want the bedgate discussion back.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

keep liking and retweeting pics of animals with their book. I know they can't get a dog but surely they could get something like a guinea pig or a rabbit? They know the tour is ending for good and the only other stuff would be things like holidays or YT conventions so I'm sure they could find someone to look after it for a week?

TL/DR they need to get a pet, a real one not that bloody shrimp in a mangy oversized vase
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Was he actually spotted in Westminster or is this just by the hairdresser picture?
If it's just the picture my guess is he wasn't actually there last night but some other time. Dan always seems to tweet pictures at least several days after they were taken.

Re Pets. I think their tenancy agreement is no pets full stop as Dan has also claimed a hamster is not allowed so a rabbit or a guinea pig are probably a no as well.
majitzu
angel bean

I still think he was going to reunited with friends to celebrate Bon Fire night, and I only know 2 of his friends, so Bryony and Wirrow.
karma_yeah
philussy

I think I saw a reply from Dan about the "Yoella" picture that he was in a moving taxi (and that's why the picture was blurry or something).

Of course, he didn't give us the important details like why he was in a taxi or where the taxi was going :facepalm: LOL

Do they usually go to the airport by taxi/uber or tube?

Didn't realize if was Bonfire night, so that sounds like a possibility.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

karma_yeah wrote:I think I saw a reply from Dan about the "Yoella" picture that he was in a moving taxi (and that's why the picture was blurry or something).

Of course, he didn't give us the important details like why he was in a taxi or where the taxi was going :facepalm: LOL

After the Adelaide debacle during TATINOF I am sure he's leery of tweeting that he is on his way to the airport. I totally respect that.
majitzu
angel bean

Why would Dan will go to Florida only two days after Phil? In that case they would have gone together, so I think he is still in London
karma_yeah
philussy

jesuisunèléve wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:I think I saw a reply from Dan about the "Yoella" picture that he was in a moving taxi (and that's why the picture was blurry or something).

After the Adelaide debacle during TATINOF I am sure he's leery of tweeting that he is on his way to the airport. I totally respect that.
Me too. It was meant tongue-in-cheek.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Taxi (or uber etc) is probably how they go to the airport and maybe a lot of other places if they don't want to be stopped, though the tube to Heathrow, even being at the end of the tube line, and the other airport trains don't really take that long or cost a ton. In Dan's eye-spraying video he said they had a car waiting outside and Phil also had one in his Florida video before the US tour. My dad, who was a cabbie, would approve at least of them not faffing with the tube, though not if they schmubered it. There were so many cabs coming out of St Pancras yesterday right by the YT creator store, it's funny and bittersweet seeing them.

Bonfire night with friends sounds plausible, they'd know he was alone.
Last edited by flarequake on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

karma_yeah wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:

I know, we're solid. I was being sarcastic :platonic:
karma_yeah
philussy

jesuisunèléve wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:

Awkward high fives you :D
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

karma_yeah wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:
jesuisunèléve wrote:

Awkward high fives you :D
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

karma_yeah wrote: I'm not a moderator, but we have a social justice thread.

I'd like to respectfully suggest that folks who wish to discuss the very deep and important topics of racism, and the appropriateness of jokes about consent/suicide, etc. continue the conversation there.

Thank you
akui wrote: This discussion continues here: click me i'm racist.
thank you both for this.

Mod note:
This thread is for discussion of Dan and Phil, if there are other things outside of this thread you wish to talk about then please use the search function, or make a new topic if there isn't one already. Most importantly though, please try and play nice with each other. Opinions are great, but treating each other with respect is much more important. Thaaaanks.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

flarequake wrote:

Taxi (or uber etc) is probably how they go to the airport and maybe a lot of other places if they don't want to be stopped, though the tube to Heathrow, even being at the end of the tube line, and the other airport trains don't really take that long or cost a ton. In Dan's eye-spraying video he said they had a car waiting outside and Phil also had one in his Florida video before the US tour. My dad, who was a cabbie, would approve at least of them not faffing with the tube, though not if they schmubered it. There were so many cabs coming out of St Pancras yesterday right by the YT creator store, it's funny and bittersweet seeing them.

Bonfire night with friends sounds plausible, they'd know he was alone.
I use Heathrow Express to and from Paddington Station when stopping in London. Pretty civilized. Not sure where the boys live though, so it may not be convenient for them, especially if they have luggage. I travel light and normally stay in the Paddington area, so it's not usually a problem.