Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
The_Blonde
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

Dan is basically me in any social situation/meet-up - find a corner and the food.

(and also the english bulldog puppy. Jealous)

Edit: wow, what a top of the page post, well done The_Blonde :facepalm:
imaginarymind
dank meme

Artdefines06 wrote:Jeeze I leave for a day...

Just gotta state my side of the fence because that what a forum is for - The consent jokes always seem in good taste to me, because he's taking the side of the victim. If he was making fun of consent, or joking about how the victim needs it, it would be different. Instead he is lecturing the intruder. As someone who has been an abusive situation, I approve and am happy when he makes these comments.

"Canadian Stonehenge" - I went to the one in london. I remember it was the coldest I have ever been (we went in january) and that no one could tell us who had made them, or why. I think they helped tell time, or the change of the seasons with the way the sun cast shadows? No one, including the people working there and our tour guide, seemed very impressed with the history of it, more the mystery of it. No offence, but the english did a pretty thorough job of erasing any history of its original people, so an obliviousness toward the fact that it might be important to aboriginals is pretty unsurprising from a couple of white boys from england.

JOkes that Dan makes that DO bother me are the "This looks like a good place to jump off a bridge" or "Should I just end my life now" jokes over stupid sht like not getting a pokemon, or embarrasment. That is not something to joke around about in any way.
Yeah i agree, though it can be really hard to take sides in a discussion like this.
I mean, you can't really decide what other people are "allowed" to take offence in or be triggered by, and it can be really hard to but yourself in their place and see their perspective when discussing a subject you're not really affected by. But an example could be the "triggered" jokes.
As a person who has been struggling with depression and panic attacks for years, I know what it's like to be confronted by a triggering subject and understand their distaste for the joke. I personally like to joke about darker stuff affecting me, as a way to make it lighter and a bit easier to bear, but I as many people feel hurt and disrespected by the joke, I wouldn't make it in public.
But as opposed to the "triggered" jokes, I feel like the consent joke is nothing but positive.
I mean, consent, in any situation, is an important and positive thing, and I feel like Dan's jokes just makes the topic a bit lighter and easier to talk about, which is definitely needed. It normalises it, and for once that is actually a good thing.

I don't feel like it's my place to have opinions about the "cultural erasure" thing, but it is definitely a touchy subject. I wouldn't say the stonehedge thing was disrespecting and I very much agree with Artdefines on the subject. I'm very sorry to the people who feels hit by the (slightly ignorant) comment they made, but I think it was just a harmless joke about "some stones" they saw along the way.

Again, Its not my place to decide, and I hate saying "I think" in a discussion like this. But it's good to talk about!
(also I didn't mean you/your as in you specifically. I'm not 100% sure how that works in the english language. :D )
mio
#relatable

I can't believe he could have been on the jungle camp end me
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
The_Blonde
living flop

mio wrote:I can't believe he could have been on the jungle camp end me
Now that I know this could have happened it's the only thing I ever want 8-)

(seriously that show is so trashy that I can't even picture him in it. Or I can and it's just )
nephilimcat
woodland creature

The_Blonde wrote:
Now that I know this could have happened it's the only thing I ever want 8-)

(seriously that show is so trashy that I can't even picture him in it. Or I can and it's just )
Dan would be the diva that constantly screams and complains and cries But seriously, if they ever go there, I'll unstan immediately.
pulvis et umbra sumus
fancybum
senpai

VEGAN DAN VEGAN DAN VEGAN DAN

I love that he has to wait for Phil to not be around, I feel like veganism to him is just not eating because Phil's not there to cook lol (kidding). But yay! I hope he realizes, if veganism is too difficult especially with Phil not being interested in it, that vegetarianism is also a good option... Like it's not vegan or ALL THE MEAT Dan. But yes, I'm all in for this. Excite.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

He wouldn't have survived 24 hours without WiFi (or talking to Phil).
I can't believe he never told us that he was asked to be on I'm a Celeb!! That would have be hilarious.

All me and my sister keep thinking is that is would have been just Phil waiting for him at the end of the bridge when he went out!! Would have definitely seen a hug then
(that is a Fan Fiction waiting to happen!)
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

fancybum wrote:VEGAN DAN VEGAN DAN VEGAN DAN

I love that he has to wait for Phil to not be around, I feel like veganism to him is just not eating because Phil's not there to cook lol (kidding). But yay! I hope he realizes, if veganism is too difficult especially with Phil not being interested in it, that vegetarianism is also a good option... Like it's not vegan or ALL THE MEAT Dan. But yes, I'm all in for this. Excite.
Yes yes yes, vegetarianism is a great option. As a vegetarian myself (ethical reasons) I can say that I have never been happier.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
fleur-de-lis
butt chair

I'm all here for Dan going vegan again! Just for the week, but that's a start.

I agree that it doesn't have to be all or nothing though. BUT we also don't know what they usually eat, like do we know if they eat a lot of meat etc?

I was a vegetarian for six years before i went vegan, I could've never done the switch from one day to the other..
smugpug
crusty sponge

Has anyone else brought up how often Dan speaks in third person now? I feel like he does it especially when addressing the audience but it's still weird and slightly obnoxious oops opinion
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote:
eevee wrote:
RachelPhan wrote:Spotted Dan on the end of Oli White (don't judge me) recent instagram story. Looked like some kind of event so I assume Dan is still in the UK :)
Do you or does anyone else know anything else about this? What event, what for? His Twitter doesn't have any information about an event except that he's part of the new #MadeForYou or whatever youtube ads, so maybe Dan (and Phil) have an ad campaign coming up ??
No idea what the event was, but he looks adorable in that split second of video.

looks like he's texting someone, i wonder who it could possibly be
Last edited by tylerrjoseph on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
JoeAverage
sad dimple

-Dan's ls was so meh.

I can't decide if I hate him or the comments for changing topics so much, I also can't believe people chose to talk about the elections instead of the video (?) why ???? :sideeye:

Edit : I understand why phil stopped watching agents of shield, they messed it up so bad, I'm only still kinda watching it cos of a ship I have and nothing else, but the fact that he can only watch that because phil is not there, is freaking adorable.
Last edited by JoeAverage on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Lester is a genius
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Is it just me or was this ls really good? It was a nice mix of funny stuff and opinions. Usually Dan's ls are a little exhausting, but today it didn't feel that way even though he talked about politics and stuff. Maybe there were actual drugs in that candle And seriously, he apparently just watches stuff Phil doesn't like when Phil isn't there but Phil makes him watch stuff that he doesn't like all the time. Thanks for revealing who's wearing the pants in this relationship ;) (as if anyone thought it was Dan...)

Also, this whole storage and dog talk: buy a house together and get a dog already (but please take better care of it than the houseplants), you are annoying me :sideeye:
pulvis et umbra sumus
hunnyftw
phabergé

Random ls thoughts:
I'm probably the only one but I think that he'd actually do really good in a jungle-camp-like surrounding. He would whine A LOT, but I feel that he's quite crafty, smart and resourceful when he wants to. I really do. That being said, I'd unstan faster than you could say 'no wifi' if he ever agreed to join a show like that.

"if Trump wins don't expect me to post a long rant on twitter because I just won't be able to articulate my thoughts".
If he means that this is the way his brain initially reacts to a shocking news then I relate.

I like listening to his opinions on *not* giving opinions. Even if I don't agree. Opinions are love opinions are life, mate, opinions are what I live for. I guess I can agree that people who base their opinions on untrue "facts" are just... UGH. But I don't think it's a good enough reason to rant about an idea of opinions as a whole.

And I really love him and his tigger onesie to bits but my God do I hate it when he talks about his music taste. It's 80% infuriating and pretentious. No Dan, we shouldn't all have diverse taste and be oh so like you. I'll be listening only to Russian folk music if I want to and if it makes me happy. not sure why it grates on me so much. maybe it's the tone of his voice when he says it.
Also, the other 20% of his music talk is actually quite interesting. But that's not enough for me :D
Last edited by hunnyftw on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fancybum
senpai

Galactic-Howell wrote: Yes yes yes, vegetarianism is a great option. As a vegetarian myself (ethical reasons) I can say that I have never been happier.
Saaaaame, I go through a vegan phase like once every year and then the cheese relapse happens. Every year. I'll succeed one day.

I just want Dan to be ONE OF US ONE OF US and be a not annoying example of veggie-ism of some kind. I can see Phil just literally not giving one shit though hahaha, which could make it difficult for someone who wants to eat meat and just needs some peer pressure as an excuse (or just out of laziness/convenience). Fingers crossed this time around will stick.

Good liveshow
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
DryCereal
koi pond

I think the stressed "this week" should be an indicator. Clam doon. ;)

Really liked the LS tonight. Lots of sass/good mood, and some revealing insights. :thumb:
hunnyftw wrote: "if Trump wins don't expect me to post a long rant on twitter because I just won't be able to articulate my thoughts".
If he means that this is the way his brain initially reacts to a shocking news then I relate.
#Brexit. 'Nuff said.
Last edited by DryCereal on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote:I feel like veganism to him is just not eating because Phil's not there to cook lol (kidding)
You say kidding but idk, man, I could see some truth in that. Also just that Dan's not someone whose ever had to fend for himself and figure out how to make meals alone, just for himself. I could see him just not seeing it worth it to put the effort in if Phil isn't there to eat with.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed Dan's live show, liked the mood he was in and share his political opinions.

Think it's cute that he is not watching any of the shows that he normally watches with Phil while he is not there and instead it just watching Agents of Shield.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I'm glad Dan turned down I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. The show is funny but it is full of desperate "celebrities" that just want another 5 minutes of fame. He is definitely far better than any of that although I would have loved to have seen him screaming at the spiders and the challenges ngl . Thought it was funny how he was adamant he had told us, you definitely didn't, that's not something we would forget.

I enjoyed his live show (as always), him talking about Metallica and System Of A Down was my favourite bit, I love it when old school metal Dan makes an appearance. If he wants someone to go to Download with next year then I'll buy the beers ;)

I might give The Fall a watch after him saying it was good. I watched WestWorld on the back of his last liveshow and watched all 5 episodes back to back, they do have good taste in tv series.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
JoeAverage
sad dimple

hunnyftw wrote: And I really love him and his tigger onesie to bits but my God do I hate it when he talks about his music taste. It's 80% infuriating and pretentious. No Dan, we shouldn't all have diverse taste and be oh so like you. I'll be listening only to Russian folk music if I want to and if it makes me happy. not sure why it grates on me so much. maybe it's the tone of his voice when he says it.
Yes to this so bad , every freaking time he does this I just want to smack him, ik he doesn't do it on purpose and he legit thinks he is giving us good tips on what to listen, thank you for that I guess, but he has to get the idea out of his head that all of his "fans"/"followers" are not 12 year old girls who love doing what he says. (not trying to sound ageist/sexist I'm using this 12y/o girls as only an example), so he should change that tone a bit because he is in risk of sounding like a condescending twat and im mostly sure he is not. :thumb:
Last edited by JoeAverage on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Lester is a genius
imaginarymind
dank meme

hunnyftw wrote:
imaginarymind wrote:
DeadlyNova wrote:That video was something else. It took me around 45 minutes to watch it even though it's only like 12 minutes because I kept pausing it and shoving my face into my pillow.... :lol: (For some reason I have a strange aversion to watching people I like talk about things I like. IDK)

Haaa yeah I do the exact same thing! It usually takes me about an hour to get through a new video of theirs 'cause I pause it every 30 seconds and slam my laptop shut...
Welcome, imaginarymind! It takes me lots of time to watch their new videos as well, but for different reasons. It's not the second-hand embarrassment, which you two seem to experience, I just like to replay my favourite moments 5-6 times before I continue watching the rest of the video. So a 10 minute video from either one of them can actually take me 20-25 minutes the first time round. This has actually become one of my initial methods of checking if the video was really good and enjoyable for me. The longer it took me to watch the first time the more I probably like it (duh!) Their latest baking video took me about 50 minutes to watch and I loved every. freaking. second.
It's kind of a mix of both things. I'm really bad with second-hand embarrassment so the laptop slamming that it causes is obviously a time consumer, but half of it is definitely also, as you say, pausing and replaying my favourite moments a million times before continuing to watch, or pausing it just to stare at the screen for a while... The baking video was so good and I still haven't managed to uninterruptedly watch it through!
Thank you for welcoming me! I'm still trying to figure out how this thing works but it seems like wonderful platform!
000dia000
emo goose

Okay, I stan Dan a little more now that I know he likes SOAD
:cactus:
anathema
morning quiff

tylerrjoseph wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
looks like he's texting someone, i wonder who it could possibly be
It looks like he's taking a photo to me (Also, to those who said something about it, ice cream made with liquid nitrogen isn't that special and overpriced )

-At one point in the liveshow (about half way through I think), when he was talking about how they filmed a gaming video, he said "We filmed on before we left" which I thought was equally funny and weird. Only Phil left (obviously) but he still said "we"? Okay, Dan.
-Normally I think #getphil is SO annoying but this time I found it super hilarious
-"It's time for product plac- I mean, no," Tell us what you really think Dan
-He mentioned he wants to get his sides shaved again??
-The candle bit reminded me of the beginning of the year with those candles he got for Christmas :lol:
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

He was really loving candles today. Something about his life being in shambles, not knowing who he is or what he's doing, but at least his "candle aesthetic" (is that really a thing?) is so on point. :lol:

Also: "diverse bunch of pelicans". Okie doke.
helvetica
sofa crease

pilotlight wrote:He was really loving candles today.
it probably reminds him of phil ;) :gg: