Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Dan's attitude toward the calendar and the advent calendar is interesting to me. He seems to want to make it known loud and clear that if it were up to him he wouldn't be doing it. I wonder if that's how he really feels, or it's sort of like an in-persona thing? (Much like him mocking Phil for liking candles or houseplants, but then occasionally in livestreams letting the act slip and admitting he likes the candles, he likes the plants.) Surely he has actual fun doing these - I mean, he's the guy that bought an entire Pokemon cosplay for a video they didn't even end up filming. Dan loves dressing up, he loves going overboard and being extra with stupid fandom stuff.
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

missemma wrote:
Jenny wrote:This is not so subtle.......

So not subtle at all, my first comment to my friends was "wow, those trousers are tight in all the right places", not leaving much to the imagination right now, ahem

Also, it kinda looks like both D&P have both been working out, Dan's arms look quite muscly there, and I noticed in Phil's cosplay video he looks like he's muscled out in the chest area, kinda loving it ngl.

:lel: Yowza

Ahem.

The calendar looks interesting overall, don't think that I will be buying it though, as I prefer to use a day planner.
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
Winston
flower crown

I really like the new jumper does any one know how the sizing is? Have they ever said what size they wear? I am not sure what size to order and that could help me figure out which is best... are they longish? I am pretty busty so if they run shorter i would order up a size. I wish the advent calendar was also in the US shop. I want that thing! I get an advent calendar every year and would like theirs... :( Oh well I am getting the wall calendar cause I like this years and Deppy playing dress up. sure sign me up. I have no use for a back pack but am tempted by that, but can't justify it.
actions speak louder than words
pearshaped34
morning quiff

^ On the website it has what size they are wearing in the pictures listed (I think Phil's wearing medium and Dan large). The website also lists them as the same height though so how reliable that is may be questionable.
realeyesrealize
living flop

ocelot
phillion/danosaur <//3

Some possible movies other than the ones already mentioned:
  • Lotr/Hobbit (some hobbit hair pls )
  • Jurassic Park
  • HSM
  • Grinch/Home alone (I hope I'm wrong, the cringe :sideeye: )
when Dan mentioned the regret I immediately thought of Magic Mike
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I really enjoyed that, they got so frustrated at the quiz, which amused me.
The makers of the quiz can expect to get an angry letter from Phil any day now. :lol:
Also it seems that we are living in an amazingphil post baking universe, and I'm here for that. :D
lishachi
eclipse shirt

realeyesrealize wrote:
thank god for a video. cheered me right up the end was so weird, idk why but seeing them turn the camera off(?) really quickly startled me lol. never mind
swofro wrote:Ahhh, I don't like the idea of having those crotch shot hanging on my wall, I'm not sure I want to buy it or not. But the galaxy tshirt and jumper looks very nice.

Anybody who had buy a jumper from dnp shop before, is it made of the same material as the shirt or thicker?
never ordered from the shop before but i also like the shirt and jumper. mostly the jumper tho, anyone got a jumper from them? what's it like? not sure if i should wait tho, didn't they have a christmas jumper at one point? also im quite tempted by the calendar now....
:biflag: :blackheart:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Excuse the horrendous screencap from the video, but 2017 calendar spoilers below:
Looks like HSM Wildcats in March and Totoro(?) at the bottom with the umbrellas? Can't work out for the life of me what February and June are though :lol:
I loved that video though, impossible quiz is always fun and they seem to genuinely quite enjoy doing it, it wasn't anything groundbreakingly new or exciting but it was fine and made me laugh
Also, Dan looks gorgeous in both that black denim jacket and the space jumper if anyone gets that space sweater let me know what it's like cause I'm very tempted
Last edited by bluebox-away on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
eevee
emo goose

re: new impossible quiz video

A lot of you guys have been talking about how Dan and Phil seem to not be enjoying themselves that much on the gaming channel anymore and it affects your enjoyment of watching the video. I never really related to that until now. Maybe it's the point, but they seemed really annoyed and fed up with the quiz and as if they had absolutely no desire to continue on with it. It really ruined my enjoyment of the video and I felt bad for them. Especially how many times they had to start over and do the whole quiz again. I kinda hope they decide not to do another one because they just seemed really fed up :\

The cutest/best part of the video was when Dan's hair stuck up a bit hehe :) Also Dan looked good in that jacket and both of them looked stunning...they've been looking just amazing lately!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

bluebox-away wrote:Excuse the horrendous screencap from the video, but 2017 calendar spoilers below:
Looks like HSM Wildcats in March and Totoro(?) at the bottom with the umbrellas? Can't work out for the life of me what February and June are though :lol:
february looks like the hunger games (3 finger salute, grassy arena, looks like they're wearing the 75th games outfits)
no idea about june though???

THEY LOOK SO GOOD IN THE IMPOSSIBLE QUIZ VIDEO. i kept getting distracted on first watch. 15:17-20 is a magical moment. maybe i'll get around to doing timestamps for this one so i can have an excuse to watch in detail
blueapple_x
flower crown

So I figured out what April is.
Minions. Zoom in: http://imgur.com/a/jvPEc
Can't tell what October is. Anyone?
Last edited by blueapple_x on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

I didn't think they seemed fed up, they looked like they were having a ton of fun. Getting annoyed is part of the game. They were smiley and giggly and cute. I loved it I was hoping for one of these this weekend.

June looks like they are wearing tuxes at a theater *Edit - could it be pulp fiction or bond looks like hes holding a gun on the right?*
Last edited by Artdefines06 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Dan really gets me, I'd be embarrassed to wear merch that screams it's merch. I only ever contemplate getting it, when it has a really great design, but so far I don't have any merch at all. But that jumper looks so good :lel: I really love the sky and space, it's so beautiful and always wear black, so dark space is literally perfect for me. I might get merch the first time in my life, how exciting :lol:

The video was good, I really enjoy "The Impossible Quiz"-videos. And I'm so Phil deprived, I completely ignored Dan throughout the video and just stared at Phil. Thanks for reminding me that I'm also into guys because recently I doubted that :lol:

I love these guys, I can't wait for Undertale week and PINOF, which we'll get soon
pulvis et umbra sumus
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:re: new impossible quiz video

A lot of you guys have been talking about how Dan and Phil seem to not be enjoying themselves that much on the gaming channel anymore and it affects your enjoyment of watching the video. I never really related to that until now. Maybe it's the point, but they seemed really annoyed and fed up with the quiz and as if they had absolutely no desire to continue on with it. It really ruined my enjoyment of the video and I felt bad for them. Especially how many times they had to start over and do the whole quiz again. I kinda hope they decide not to do another one because they just seemed really fed up :\

The cutest/best part of the video was when Dan's hair stuck up a bit hehe :) Also Dan looked good in that jacket and both of them looked stunning...they've been looking just amazing lately!
I think it's unrealistic to expect every video to come from a place of deep enjoyment. People complain and point out that youtube is their job when they don't make content, but when they do make an effort to make content even when maybe they'd rather be watching tv or playing video games they complain if they don't seem happy enough in the video. The fact that they can't flip a switch and project an amazing mood every single time is almost a relief to me; kind of shows that everything isn't really this super orchestrated act like some people want to think.

Personally though, I don't think this video was that bad? Dan gets frustrated any time he's not instantly good at a game, but his frustration doesn't typically detract from my enjoyment personally. Maybe if it felt like he were actually mad at Phil, but this just seemed like his impatience to want to be able to say he finished and got things correct as quickly as he expects himself to.
PolarFox
truth bomb

Is it just me being daft or is the Rey picture just photoshop? Dan's head looks so giant and it's disturbing.
I hope people who get the calendar post spoilers, I don't really use paper calendars.
Damn I want the galaxy merch tho. Why is pound so expensive in my currency, sigh sigh.
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

blueapple_x wrote:So I figured out what April is.
Minions. Zoom in: http://imgur.com/a/jvPEc
Of course they went with minions.
I might have to unstan now.
majitzu
angel bean

dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

I love these videos, they make me wanna see how they'd both fare on a real game show (inb4 weakest link, I mean together).
Dan gets flustered enough trying to answer these questions, imagine him on a set with a timer Image
Personally I didn't get the impression that they were fed up eevee, the quiz's goal is to be frustrating of course but (to me at least) they seemed like they were having fun despite the quiz. Maybe I should rewatch it with that idea in mind tho lol.

At the end when Dan says "we're living in an AmazingPhil post-baking universe", I really hope they stick to that idea long-term, I prefer when Phil (and Dan to an extent) drops his persona a little bit and lets loose with innuendos... innuendo not intended.
... let's talk about house plants.
eevee
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:I think it's unrealistic to expect every video to come from a place of deep enjoyment. People complain and point out that youtube is their job when they don't make content, but when they do make an effort to make content even when maybe they'd rather be watching tv or playing video games they complain if they don't seem happy enough in the video. The fact that they can't flip a switch and project an amazing mood every single time is almost a relief to me; kind of shows that everything isn't really this super orchestrated act like some people want to think.

Personally though, I don't think this video was that bad? Dan gets frustrated any time he's not instantly good at a game, but his frustration doesn't typically detract from my enjoyment personally. Maybe if it felt like he were actually mad at Phil, but this just seemed like his impatience to want to be able to say he finished and got things correct as quickly as he expects himself to.
I agree that it's certainly unrealistic for them to have a merry old time every single game and every single video. I've never really felt this way previously until this video. I don't really know how to explain it but they just seemed like they really didn't want to be playing it, I'm sure I could grab some specific examples if I watched the video again. but I guess the frustration is the point of the game. I'm super tired and groggy today so maybe it's just my mood. Maybe I'll watch the video another time and feel differently? Or maybe I just don't get much enjoyment from frustrating games and watching YT gamers play them? I would admit I do enjoy gaming videos the most when the gamer is good at playing the game.

Please don't interpret my post as being angry at dan and phil or knocking them or anything like that, it was just an observation, they're not perfect and i don't expect them to be, nor do I expect them to cater to my whims, lol.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Jenny
squish
Pronouns: she/her/hers

blueapple_x wrote:Can't tell what October is. Anyone?
It looks like Totoro to me Particularly the bus scene
Also I cleaned up images of the calender from the video
Image, I think November is The Nightmare Before Christmas
I feel like a freaking detective!
Jenny
squish

Jenny wrote:
Also I made the images of the calender easier to see from the video
Waggle9007
sofa crease

Re: December in the calendar:
I'm pretty sure it's frozen:
blueapple_x
flower crown

Jenny wrote:
Also I cleaned up images of the calender from the video
August is Totoro, not October. But nice job at cleaning up the images! I can now see a beard in June as well as a gun I think??? Still don't know what movie that is though lol.
Waggle9007 wrote:Re: December in the calendar:
I'm pretty sure it's frozen:
I think you're right lol
Jenny
squish

blueapple_x wrote:
August is Totoro, not October. But nice job at cleaning up the images! I can now see a beard in June as well as a gun? Still don't know what movie that is though lol.
Ah sorry, I just woke up from a nap lol. But that means.... The one that I thought was November is October.... Which looks like The Nightmare Before Christmas to me, but it also kind of looks like an anime? So Im not sure