Dan & Phil Part 30: I want your ass

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Phil totally uses Snapchat. When he was showing us the filters, both the icons (at the bottom corners of the screen) for pending private messages and pending updated stories were lit.

Cool, though, that he wants to keep that for personal use!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
swofro
angel bean

danphil333 wrote:Me watching my adorable baby my gorgeous hilarious my amazing phil lester
This is the best way to describe my feeling after watching the vid too
Love is forever
lilMango
morning quiff

LeftHandedism wrote:Phil totally uses Snapchat. When he was showing us the filters, both the icons (at the bottom corners of the screen) for pending private messages and pending updated stories were lit.

Cool, though, that he wants to keep that for personal use!
I was just about to say that. Not exactly being super careful to hide it, are ya Philly?

Good video, though.

Off-topic question:
None of my gifs are posting to tumblr correctly: they show up how they're supposed to in the post before it's published, but when they're published they freeze and become still images????? dafuq???
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh that was precious

Somewhat sarcastic (I swear I enjoyed it I dunno why I'm like this ok) commentary:

- The thumbnail for this video.. Phil knows his angles. :lol:
- This video is gonna start sleeping arrangement discussions somewhere I can feel it.
- What is this editing :')
- ..Phil buys really awful shirts, someone get this boy a stylist.
- I like the jacket though. :D
- Oh no what the fuck are those shoes they look like plastic. :(
- Apparently it's not plastic, it's cardboard. That's even worse.
- Oh sure. Dan is asleep.
- Foxes having sex. The rebranding is here.
- Oh they the angle from the thumbnail.
- Am I the only who hates Snapchat filters? I wanna punch something every time I see the dog one, it's not even cute stop pretending.
- 'I'm an adorable cartoon nerd!' We know dear.
- He's being awfully loud considering Dan is 'asleep' hm.
- That arrow is pointing at his stomach but I feel like the point of the photo was for that arrow to be pointing in the general direction of something else. Just saying.
- Phil's orgasm face?
- Hm did Phil not want to talk about that pic because of his face or was the drink in his hand an adult beverage? If so, there goes your rebrand guys.
- You also think you look so cool in that bomber jacket, so cool that you now wear it all the time. Variety is the spice of life my friend, especially with pieces like like that which quickly go from eye catching to gimmicky when worn too often.
- I'd just like to remind everyone that the Phil on the photos is the Phil Dan fell in love with it. Sorry not sorry.
- Imagine that conversation with your neighbor though? 'Hi, nice weather we're having right BY THE WAY WE CAN SEE YOU NAKED THROUGH YOUR BATHROOM WINDOW' :?
- Lads.
- So this is news to me but D&P sell merch apparently.
- Phil's German pronunciation is just as bad as his Japanese. :thumb:

That genuinely was cute and entertaining, the Sleepless Night videos are favorites of mine. And it's good that he uploaded a solo video before PINOF. I wonder if Dan is uploading anything this week?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

It's getting close to poll time please leave any new thread name suggestions here before it's too late
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

This is truly a great day. Phil acting/looking his age FINALLY

I was grinning through the whole video. He really is a complete sweetheart

Also, suuuuure Dan wasn't awake. If he was sleeping there's no way Phil would have been that loud

Can't get the image out of my head now of Phil going to Dan's room and crawling into bed with him after
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
malday
emo goose

realeyesrealize wrote:
New video!!!
wtf are those shoes..........
also, Phil looks best in dark shirts (@7:24)
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

Dan was probably locked away in the office since Phil was philming...
iero
phabergé

predictable but i dont care. i love these videos
also +1 on not believing dan was asleep. either that or he's a deep sleeper, i know for sure i would've woken up
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Me after the SOLO AP VIDEO

Okay, real talk, that was one of my fave AP videos of the year. It almost as if the Philter (ayy, accompanies with exaggerated winky face) was completely removed and we got raw Phil and I am living for him. The rebranding has been discussed so much but I see Phil slowly removing the layers he has surrounding him and showing the audience a more genuine and mature side of him. Him dropping sex so casually shouldn't be a big deal, but for Phil it is.

Also him dropping two attraction mentions saying he would go to prom with the nerd and that the guy is now a sexy nerd is a huge progress from what we used to get from him. The video literally had me screaming into my hands in shock and awe. Those who say Phil can't be entertaining on his own need to clean dem glasses because I enjoyed him more on his own then in his collabs. He tends to shine more when he's not trying.

I loved his whole "shame" scene (GOT reference) as well as his little clothing haul. "I should be quiet because of Dan" then proceeds to be obnoxiously loud throughout video IDGAF what anyone says those gold shoes are life and that suit is sexy. His old profile pic haul was a cringefest in the best type of way. Drunk Phil pic is officially my phone background. The snapchat pics made me squeal in the worst type of way. His little butt story had me crying- I wonder how the neighbor brought it up and how he reacted- that could have been a good Phil tweet smh :lol: Obviously the video wouldn't end without Phil being the biggest fail but in the most endearing way (I try to stop being trash but they make it so hard)
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

kuensukki wrote:Me after the SOLO AP VIDEO

Okay, real talk, that was one of my fave AP videos of the year. It almost as if the Philter (ayy, accompanies with exaggerated winky face) was completely removed and we got raw Phil and I am living for him. The rebranding has been discussed so much but I see Phil slowly removing the layers he has surrounding him and showing the audience a more genuine and mature side of him. Him dropping sex so casually shouldn't be a big deal, but for Phil it is.

Also him dropping two attraction mentions saying he would go to prom with the nerd and that the guy is now a sexy nerd is a huge progress from what we used to get from him. The video literally had me screaming into my hands in shock and awe. Those who say Phil can't be entertaining on his own need to clean dem glasses because I enjoyed him more on his own then in his collabs. He tends to shine more when he's not trying.

I loved his whole "shame" scene (GOT reference) as well as his little clothing haul. "I should be quiet because of Dan" then proceeds to be obnoxiously loud throughout video IDGAF what anyone says those gold shoes are life and that suit is sexy. His old profile pic haul was a cringefest in the best type of way. Drunk Phil pic is officially my phone background. The snapchat pics made me squeal in the worst type of way. His little butt story had me crying- I wonder how the neighbor brought it up and how he reacted- that could have been a good Phil tweet smh :lol: Obviously the video wouldn't end without Phil being the biggest fail but in the most endearing way (I try to stop being trash but they make it so hard)
He got louder as the video progressed, which made me wonder if Dan wasn't awake with him.

Foxes having sex...I snorted WAY too loudly at that.

Not-So-Accidental Model Lester trying on clothes. No I didn't replay that several times.

Those shoes tho...I smell Dan influence.

Two words: CEREAL RESTRAINT.

Nope, trash cannot be helped. They are holding the can lid open for us.
mio
#relatable

This video was a nice surprise and really adorable!

The only thing I have to add is that I related so hard when he showed his messy corner of shame and the still not unpacked suitcase, because same. This has been my room lately.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
mamaphan
delia smith

Hi loves

Phil's video was so good like just hanging out with a friend. He was so cute showing us his outfit choices and just being so free and casual loved it. But guess what... you guys might not remember me saying I had given Dan and Phil crystals when I met them. And I am like still totally in shock the crystal Phil showed and put on his head was the Rose Quartz I had givin him. I cannot express in words how happy I am right now. I was unsure if they even brought them back with them and to see that he had it made my heart melt. So not only was it a great video but Phil actually had my crystal and remembered that I talked about the healing properties. OMG

Sorry I have been absent but I do try to catch up in here when I can. So happy we have this space for us.
love and hugs
jesp
why bother

We missed a couple of suggestions on the thread name poll posted a few minutes ago, so here's the updated poll.

Sorry about that.
koalaselfie
living flop

Loveeed the video! Felt so cosy and personal!
I liked both shirts and the jacket, super snazzy! Liked the shoes less though; (they also seemed very Dan-esque? lol)
I couldn't care less about Snapchat (and I really don't get how the dog/tongue one is cute at all?!) but I loved his use of the filters and all of the voices! :D Brought back 'you like that Katie' at some point too #classic
Wish he'd done/do a Facebook profile pic react video now - generic and tag-gy but I loved his reactions!
There is no way Dan managed to sleep through all of Phil's video unless he is literally the world's deepest sleeper :lol: (I mean, do we have confirmation if he's a light or deep sleeper? Idk). Or maybe jet lag made him ultra sleepy? Or he was awake and hiding from shot...
Throwback to Phil's old hair made me realise how much I like his new do!
The window/neighbour story was hilarious!

Glad that this video exists tbh

Edited to add: Mama_Phan Wow, what a lovely surprise!!
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Mama_Phan wrote:Hi loves

Phil's video was so good like just hanging out with a friend. He was so cute showing us his outfit choices and just being so free and casual loved it. But guess what... you guys might not remember me saying I had given Dan and Phil crystals when I met them. And I am like still totally in shock the crystal Phil showed and put on his head was the Rose Quartz I had givin him. I cannot express in words how happy I am right now. I was unsure if they even brought them back with them and to see that he had it made my heart melt. So not only was it a great video but Phil actually had my crystal and remembered that I talked about the healing properties. OMG

Sorry I have been absent but I do try to catch up in here when I can. So happy we have this space for us.
love and hugs
Aww that's so cool! I hope he cherishes it forever :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

the new ap vid was adorable!! most things have been said but i found it so adorable that they have rubber duckies !! that's the cutest thing to me honestly. and i also noticed the snapchat thing. i wonder what their real reasoning is to not share their snapchat besides being stubborn towards all of us lol

side note,, very off topic: do you ever think dan will be painting his nails again? i'd love to see it but i'm not sure how much he really enjoyed it
Last edited by tylerrjoseph on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Hey fuckers

Just popping by to say I lovvvved that video cos I loves me some Real Phil Lester.

Regarding Dan sleeping - a la oreo-gate, Dan is the one to be woken up by the door bell more so than Phil so I wouldn't say he's the deepest sleeper. I sleep like I've been hit with a brick and even I'd have been woken up by the noise Phil was making. That office light was on (and left on, I might add) for a reason yo.

Oh and 10:05 - he's looking off-camera and if that burst of laughter isn't his typical 'I saw Dan laughing and it made me laugh more' laugh then idk what life is
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
starlight-still
truth bomb

Forget the trash can, I have to move into the landfill after this one. Land-PHIL! Hahahaha (Ineedhelp).
He’s just fresh and excited and gloriously dorky and engaging and so very charming in this Sleepless Night. With all they’ve got going on never in a million years did I expect a new solo AP but here we are. And it might be one of my favorites of his of all time. Moments (really most of the vid but especially):

- The intro. I just love this bug-eyed dork so much. I’m already a goner. Sob.
- Phil showing off his cozy quilt and pj bottoms, yes I look forward to that time of year too
- The impromptu fashion show. “I like birds. I like shirts.” Cruella shirt. And finally- Phil: (puts on suit jacket) Me: Whoaaa. It’s black, it’s metallic, he looks so handso- Phil: Den I got me some swankeh shoes, check these SHINY GOLD suckas out! And they cheap too! See? Cardboard! Me: (Phil is always Phil, this is why we love him)
- There was something extra adorable about him finding different ways to set up the phone/camera and get different angles in this vid. Especially when he was all “look at me with my camera-in-the-cupbord shot looks like I brought LA back with me much Hollywood so fancy”
- Snapchat. The waffle face made me fall (and almost spit my juice) out laughing. I mean just outta nowhere, licking syrup...it was too perfect for him. And his laugh at the end
- Phil: “I’m an adorable cartoon nerd!” Me: What’s different tho.
- I wonder why he’s feeling so nostalgic all of a sudden and looking at old photos. Always here for a peek into the past and at that fetus Phil he usually keeps locked up in privated vids.
- Peep show. Yikes. I guess it’s better that they told them? It’s gonna be awkward either way.
- His face after he was like “Eyy lads” was so pretty
- Got that lil merch plug in tho 6 AM on a sleepless night and all
- Chest hair. Saw it. Not gonna deny it.
- When he knocked his glasses off his face. Oh Phil. Go to beeed.
- The German message at the end, I’ve only been to Germany once and even I could tell that ain’t German. But kind of him to try.
::beep beep:: Oh look there’s my ride. Hope they've got decent wifi out there, I wanna rewatch a couple dozen times. Happy Sunday!
PolarFox
truth bomb

Phil's video was so cute! I love the sleepless night series it's always so cute and sleepy and just cute I was distracted by the stain on his duvet for most of the time tho. That's what hapenss when you eat in bed, piglet or whatever other activity can leave stains on bedsheet :gg:

I'm sad we won't get a tuesday ls with dan. I wanted to watch it to see him react to the phandom spamming about yuri on ice. But we will get Deppy in fancy clothes, so I guess that makes up for it.
Conclusion: phil, plese wear that bird and dalmatian shirts, and dan, pls no shaved sides
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
anathema
morning quiff

I LOVED that video! Phil was pushing that line of "I'm so tired I'm delirious" and I felt like I got one more slice of what Phil Lester is really like . I wouldn't be surprised if Dan was sleeping in his room because Phil knew he wasn't going to be able to sleep, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Phil woke Dan up :lol:. My favorite lines were "I swear I just heard some foxes having sex in the garden", "I look like a potato", and "I'm not a furry I promise"
Lurktacularr wrote:
Hey fuckers

Just popping by to say I lovvvved that video cos I loves me some Real Phil Lester.

Regarding Dan sleeping - a la oreo-gate, Dan is the one to be woken up by the door bell more so than Phil so I wouldn't say he's the deepest sleeper. I sleep like I've been hit with a brick and even I'd have been woken up by the noise Phil was making. That office light was on (and left on, I might add) for a reason yo.
Oh and 10:05 - he's looking off-camera and if that burst of laughter isn't his typical 'I saw Dan laughing and it made me laugh more' laugh then idk what life is
I didn't notice anything different/telling about him laughing again? I do it all the time (I laugh at something, stop, and then after a few seconds I start laughing again) regardless of if I'm looking at someone or not

(Also #TeamShavedSidesButWithLongerHairOnTheTop)
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Philena
blobfish

You all already covered everything I would have mentioned, including the adorable set of rubber duckies paired off in the corner of the bathtub. Loved the video (the trilogy!), loved Phil! And I absolutely cannot wait to see him in that jacket.

Yay, Mama_Phan! That must feel awesome! :platonic:
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

anathema wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
Hey fuckers

I didn't notice anything different/telling about him laughing again? I do it all the time (I laugh at something, stop, and then after a few seconds I start laughing again) regardless of if I'm looking at someone or not

(Also #TeamShavedSidesButWithLongerHairOnTheTop)
Yeah it wasn't just that he laughed again (cos same) it was just the whole thing. Obvs I'm speculating.

Also same, but it looks funky on Dan this time. Looked funky on Phil last time (easter baking vid. eek.). Obviously Fabrice can only manage one decent undercut at a time.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love the new video so much. All the casual 'we' and saying he'd go to the prom with Norbert/calling Norbert sexy later on, the general feeling of being more relaxed and at peace with being himself on camera. Please let 2017 bring on more videos like this.

Also - solo content, damn, yes. I'm someone who fully appreciates every collab we get and is totally here for the chemistry/relationship but considering their career is more duo than solo at this point the videos they do alone seem worth savoring.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

The new video is adorable, I did comment before but I deleted because I'm just to and it made no sense. He looks so lovely in that jacket, he does scrub up well as my mum would say. I can't work out what the Dalmatian shirt is though, it looks like a bunch of fringes to me, like loads of versions of their haircuts and I can't unsee it.