Dan & Phil Part 31: You're stuck with me for life

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

[offtopic]Hey everyone!

Just popping in to ask if anyone would be interested in me making a private chat for those of us who are active members on IDB? I was thinking it could be useful during liveshows/watching new videos and commenting on them + any idle chit chat that can't go on this main thread.[/offtopic]
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

[offtopic]
Galactic-Howell wrote:Hey everyone!

Just popping in to ask if anyone would be interested in me making a private chat for those of us who are active members on IDB? I was thinking it could be useful during liveshows/watching new videos and commenting on them + any idle chit chat that can't go on this main thread.
Dunno if you know but we do have a skype chat if you would like to join! it serves basically the same function as what you said (plus a lot of going off topic...) just message me your skype username and i can add you :) if no one else objects ... i mean, i'm not the one who started it[/offtopic]
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

mysterylovescompany wrote:[offtopic]

Just popping in to ask if anyone would be interested in me making a private chat for those of us who are active members on IDB? I was thinking it could be useful during liveshows/watching new videos and commenting on them + any idle chit chat that can't go on this main thread.
Dunno if you know but we do have a skype chat if you would like to join! it serves basically the same function as what you said (plus a lot of going off topic...) just message me your skype username and i can add you :) if no one else objects ... i mean, i'm not the one who started it[/offtopic]
i dont know about Skype but maybe we could make an official IDB discord chat ? (anyone use discord ? its mainly used for gaming but it can also serve as a chat group) i use it often with friends and another community that i'm a part off. its really simple to use
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
Galactic-Howell

Skeletorsrighthand wrote:

i dont know about Skype but maybe we could make an official IDB discord chat ? (anyone use discord ? its mainly used for gaming but it can also serve as a chat group) i use it often with friends and another community that i'm a part off. its really simple to use

Or even Slack? The interface is simple to use, and it can be used on PC and mobile...
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
Jenny
squish
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Skeletorsrighthand wrote:

I think discord would be perfect, it has a lot of features and they update it constantly. You can add your own emotes and stuff. They also have voice chat rooms and a working mobile version. I'd recommend it!

(Also, I have experience modding/making discord stuff, if we go for discord I'd be happy to help )
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Just caught up on the liveshow, that really was a good one. Dan was similar to how he is in his solo ones, but with him to talk to rather than only the cute responses to the chat, Phil being more serious and occasionally deadpan was really interesting. Then going cheeky in the middle and justifying it as rebelling when Dan told him off cos we'd all just voted for him and now he's being cheeky... that was adorable. Also their genuine thank yous at the end (did not love the cheesy-creepy fake ones and "is that what you f-ing wanted" at the beginning, don't come near me with that, boys). Again with aggressive shoving food into mouth with the chocolate like Dan's balloon pop in the DAPGO promo video and Phil's Timtam slam. Sometimes they're so gentle, and then they're really not, it's quite funny.

Dan was so fluffy with his hair and smileyness, and Phil beautiful in those glasses and being less smiley. Swamped in that jumper, it's always been big on him, but he's probably warm and cosy in it. Well done Dan rescuing the plant with sunlight, it makes sense now we know what was killing it. I thought it was odd that Phil was doing it wrong since he cares about them so he's not likely to do a bad job by not bothering, still daft if he forgot they need light, though.

They told so many interesting anecdotes too. How lucky Dan got his voice back enough to sing at the BONCAS, I'd noticed he sounded a little croaky at Tatinof in Dublin and his voice was the same on Tuesday night. Good on him steaming all afternoon and getting through it. Also if he was that freaked out during the awards show anyway, he came up with funny things to say onstage in spite of it. He's got that gift of the gab and they're seasoned pros, I suppose it's not that surprising.

Sounds like Undertale week will be in December, good that they're not cramming it in when they've got so much on. Intrigued to see if there will be a new merch thing along with the sale tomorrow, when they put up the calendars they said there'd be something closer to Christmas too, it might be too early for that yet, though.
koalaselfie
living flop

Very good ls
Loved the Siri bit :lol:
Dan rubs me the wrong way sometimes in the joint ls' though... a few people mentioned today was like his usual ls, but to me it's more like he becomes dinof * 1000 in the joint ones. Can't place my finger on why... I think the pressure of being in a joint ls (more viewers? 'phan' pressure?) pushes him over the edge into making snarky jokes/weird faces/Phil-you're-so-weird land. There also seemed to be a lot of noticeable leaning-away/being-careful-not-to-touch (no? just me?) And the "is that what you f*ing wanted?" felt a bit...odd. Dan just loves to shake the fans, doesn't he? lol. Stuff like that triggers blunt moments of self-recognition which makes my go foggy, lol (obviously what he intended too. W/e )
Another little detail that irked me just slightly was Dan's slight teacher profession shade when someone in the chat complained about having homework over the holidays, and he muttered that the teachers would be "marking over the holidays and regretting their life choices." This boy... (Mr 'Education is Important' whilst also dragging the staff that carry it out...can't work him out sometimes, lol).
Phil was freaking adorable as usual and I was so glad when he started the whole 'lit' and 'thicc' thing just before Dan's Poké-rant. It was great And he looks lovely in glasses; I think he misinterpreted the comment someone sent in, as they were simply asking him why he was wearing glasses, not to not do it (woah english).
Sorry for being a ls downer, lol.
Loved it overall, and imo it was definitely one of their better ones
:cherryblossom: ~when ur sad, remember the deppy japan trip of 2015~ :cherryblossom:
anathema
morning quiff

Loved the ls Sometimes I forget how good of friends (*coughmaybemorecough*) they really are. It doesn't hit me until we see them in their natural habitat. I feel like in ls their (p word warning) personas are toned down and they're much more organic. I love the way they tell stories together- they talk over each other, but not in an annoying way, more in a "we finish each other's sentences" type of way.

Things that stuck out to me:
  • -Dan is so funny, he could barley speak and knew he needed to go on stage to sing yet he still cheered for Phil when he won :lol:

-I'm glad Phil understands the proper time to put up the Christmas tree

-Phil's arms

-This is 100% reaching but I wouldn't be surprised if Dan has a little bit of a thing for that figure skater who likes Winnie the Pooh
    -"You can't take good photos of people, [Phil]" Dan I will fight you :gg:

-Phil telling Dan off for winking

-"I went up to Phil's hotel room" :tsk: :tsk:

-I loved the bit where Dan was "giving advice" and Phil kept saying "no!", it was so funny and endearing
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Currently recovering from a Thanksgiving food coma (and possibly a hangover from the night before.) And from watching my football team lose a close game, although I'm far from being sporty... Side note: Thanksgiving Eve is a tradition around here where everyone that has returned home goes out to the bars, ahem...

Additional (boring) side note: I am in charge of cooking, and I try to make authentic period fare vs. the "traditional" shit turkey everyone expects. So that means duck! And it was so good... I 'effing love food; I could sidebar forever about it. (Christmas will be a venison roast, or maybe elk if I can find it.)

So about the LS, watched via Tumblr: Interesting that Dan says the US Thanksgiving holiday is not widely understood in the UK, since US History is not taught in Europe. Here in the US, we actually get a good dose of British history through various courses in high school, either history or English (which is required for all four years in my county's schools.) Anyway, he was a bit concerned about the holiday having exploitive origins (it doesn't, the US wasn't consciously fucking over Native Americans until later,) but didn't know for sure. It's basically a celebration of the harvest, and has evolved into a homecoming event. It is the second most important holiday in the US, and marks the beginning of the holiday (i.e. Christmas) season.

For some reason I was expecting some big news, as Dan had tweeted something to that effect earlier in the week, but I didn't hear anything earth-shattering....

Dan's voice is still a bit 'effed up. All those vocal exercises don't seem to help prevent the strain. He should sleep with a vaporizer...

The disco jacket: I loved it and immediately understood why he chose to go with it, but I still do not understand the naked ankles which he did not address. I can't unsee them...

I finally broke down and purchased an Advent Calendar after their shameless spon - I haven't had one since I was five or six. Advent candles / wreaths were bigger for us - maybe my parents didn't want us kids hyped up on chocolate....

Did anyone catch the Conor Franta reference when talking about aesthetic photos... (Conor takes very nice phone camera photos (and PJ does some nice color correcting in his vids, hint....))

I'm sure there was much more that I missing, but I confident IDBer's bring us up to date.
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

Galactic-Howell wrote:[offtopic]Hey everyone!

Just popping in to ask if anyone would be interested in me making a private chat for those of us who are active members on IDB? I was thinking it could be useful during liveshows/watching new videos and commenting on them + any idle chit chat that can't go on this main thread.[/offtopic]
[offtopic]this is a cool idea!! shoot me a pm whenever you decide what to do[/offtopic]
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
lilMango
morning quiff

koalaselfie wrote:Very good ls
Loved the Siri bit :lol:
Dan rubs me the wrong way sometimes in the joint ls' though... a few people mentioned today was like his usual ls, but to me it's more like he becomes dinof * 1000 in the joint ones. Can't place my finger on why... I think the pressure of being in a joint ls (more viewers? 'phan' pressure?) pushes him over the edge into making snarky jokes/weird faces/Phil-you're-so-weird land. There also seemed to be a lot of noticeable leaning-away/being-careful-not-to-touch (no? just me?) And the "is that what you f*ing wanted?" felt a bit...odd. Dan just loves to shake the fans, doesn't he? lol. Stuff like that triggers blunt moments of self-recognition which makes my go foggy, lol (obviously what he intended too. W/e )
I get what you mean, but I think this is just the coping mechanism for him. I saw someone talking about this on twitter earlier, and I totally agree that Dan sort of blurts things out, then backtracks and falls back into dinof to compensate... and sometimes they both just completely forget they're on camera, and Dan will nervously laugh and look at the camera like "oh, right" :lol:
But it does make me feel weird how far Dan takes it, phil-youre-so-weird land is not my favorite place to visit.

On another note, I was thinking about the BONCAS and the little interview bit afterwards, and it strikes me how nervous Phil seemed. I think it stands out because when Phil is nervous, he stutters and keeps the attention on himself, wheras Dan in this particular instance stayed nervously quiet and off-camera until Phil gave him a look like "fucking say something."
They bounce off of each other so well, to the point where they rely on each other to bounce on. Dan did it too in the liveshow today, and I just thought it was interesting to think about

Im gonna slip back into my food coma, but before I go i'd like to say that the skype group chat is still open to anyone who wants to join! We have some good #bants on there and we'd love to have you, so slip me a DM with your skype name (or anyone you know who is in it, for that matter) and you'll be added in.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
anathema
morning quiff

uglyamerican wrote:Interesting that Dan says the US Thanksgiving holiday is not widely understood in the UK, since US History is not taught in Europe. Here in the US, we actually get a good dose of British history through various courses in high school, either history or English (which is required for all four years in my county's schools.) Anyway, he was a bit concerned about the holiday having exploitive origins (it doesn't, the US wasn't consciously fucking over Native Americans until later,) but didn't know for sure. It's basically a celebration of the harvest, and has evolved into a homecoming event. It is the second most important holiday in the US, and marks the beginning of the holiday (i.e. Christmas) season.
I suppose it's because America split off from Britain, and that's a key point in America's history (obviously), so we kinda need to know what happened before that too. I'm not sure how much they talk about the colonies separating from Britain and all that jazz over there, but even if they did talk about it heavily it would end with "then the American revolution ended and the surviving Brits came home" or w/e, so their history of America wouldn't extend much past that. (This is all based on assumption and maybe I'm totally wrong, idk, I'm not British )

(Also about the group chats I think a discord chat would be cool because I cba to remember my skype login/make a new one but )
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Super obnoxious livestream timestamps. I enjoyed that so much, not sure if you'll be able to tell.

0:41 - The entire first minute is basically Phil trolling Dan by hiding him. I'm already in love.
1:15 - "You thirsty bitch."
1:16 - Laughing in sync.
2:34 - Dan's face at Phil's Power Rangers metaphor.
2:45 - Dan immediately wondering at the dubiousness of Thanksgiving origins, Phil with the Buffy reference. So them, in a not cloying way.
3:31 - "I'm thankful for you, Phil." I saw people quoting this, I didn't realize how sarcastic it was - but it's still amusing. I have thoughts about the 'is this what you wanted?' full on acknowledgement of what fans expect but I'll save it for the end with the chocolate.
5:01 - Phil with the hard opinions on Dan's tumblr - normally edgy, today was peaceful.
5:05 - Dan's tumblr methodology.
5:40 - Phil says Dan should be proud of his tumblr aesthetic, that Dan is better than him.
6:05 - Dan tongue.
6:55 - Stock photo internet predator.
7:27 - Interesting Phil hand motions.
8:27 - Showing off the hashtag awards.
9:45 - Hot room after, Phil felt dizzy. I'll take that as my shoutout.
10:14 - Disco suits.
12:09 - BONCAS explanations.
13:02 - Streamies shade.
13:52 - "Joey Graceffa." Contain your lust, Phil.
14:04 - Are they really just discussing Tom Daley's abs? Okay all right yeah buddy lets do this.
15:18 - This entire exchange was so - jfc. A mix of bashful Phil and their ESP going on and Dan cutely acquiescing to Phil's gentler type of storytelling.
17:56 - Seriously I want entire liveshows of just them telling stories together. The couple factor is intense.
18:45 - Dan squishy face.
19:10 - "I wish I could sing with strings. " "I mean, you could, Phil." "I could."
19:23 - danandphilSTALK
21:04 - That sharp, "Dan!" from Phil. I'm in love. (So is Dan.)
21:21 - Phil indicating how Dan is a machine.
22:19 - Debating when to put up the Christmas tree. This entire thing is like fanfic. Step off my brand, Dan and Phil.
23:27 - "Bedhead."
25:33 - "I just love all the little Phils." I'm kind of sad Phil didn't hear/acknowledge that.
26:07 - I really, really hope there's a gifset of this gay animal discussion. I also hope they finished that conversation later.
26:40 - The beginning of the Yuri on Ice part.
27:03 - Phil is concerned YOI will turn into ice skating. "I need adventure, relationships, frolics, lols, even a little bit of hit springs, it would never go amiss." Bless you so much, Phil, for eliminating the only possible way people could try and no-homo your love of YOI (by saying he prob liked it for the skating.) (Though I'm sure in saying this that someone will feel compelled to try and point out another way to no homo it but whatev seriously you can't take this away from me, Phil loves it for the relationships.) (Also, hot springs.)
28:40 - "We went to see Arrival yesterday," says Phil. And the three people who tried to claim maybe Dan saw it alone all slink into the shrub like Homer Simpson.
29:45 - "There was no one there - which is the ultimate Dan and Phil social experience. An absence of other humans." - Dan speaking truth.
30:18 - Phil admonishing Dan again. Liveshows like this make it obvious that neither of them really steamroll each other, Phil is more than ready to snap Dan into place when he chooses. It's just more of a Phil trait than an on-camera AmazingPhil trait.
30:39 - Dan saying, "PJ's like-" and I sit here wondering how I doubted their ability to make this livestream better. #kickthefire
30:55 - Phil trolling with 'lit' - his little grin and emoji hand motion.
31:37 - Dan's sass toward Phil about trolling an audience that just voted for him.
31:51 - "Dan, you talk about Pokemon, I'll stop interrupting you." and he proceeds to watch Dan for a few seconds.
33:31 - Dan goes fidgety as soon as Phil starts talking about Florida.
34:16 - Dan stole a man's phone.
36:02 - I like Phil laughing over Dan's 'Spike Lee' suggestion.
36:49 - Dan's Yuri on Ice story. Phil's indulgent little, "Yeah?" and smile when Dan starts talking. He's surely heard all this before, and it's quite cute.
39:15 - Phil showing his armpit. Why did Dan even read that? But - "No, no, no, Phil. No. At least get paid for it, okay. That's premium service." lmao
41:13 - "Not doing any more tatinof." Those are beautiful words, Dan, say them again.
42:16 - "Trump slump." And he was going to make a video about Kanye? AND NATHAN WANTED TO DO WITH HIM? jfc this is the fanservice: Dan/Nathan and Dan/PJ in the same video. He is literally servicing me directly.
42:50 - Phil advising Dan not to do the Kanye video just yet until he knows what is going on. This is also a conversation they've already had, you can tell.
43:03 - Phil makes videos as soon as he thinks of them, Dan waits until the moment as write.
43:24 - Please Phil like Dan doesn't talk over every idea with you.
43:44 - Phil reassuring Dan that he doesn't have to make a video in December because there will be enough content to get them through, aka further proof that in their eyes their three channels are interchangeable.
44:24 - "Stop it." Sharp Phil voice. Damn. That's hot.
44:33 - Dan moved Phil's plant from Phil's bedroom. "Because Phil never opens the blinds, because we never open the blinds." Huh. That's so weird. That would feel like a bedroom slip, if the phrasing were reversed.
46:22 - Strong anti-mandela effect from them both.
46:36 - Question about shooting the calendar photos. Dan repeated three times how he looked good in the Elsa outfit, pointedly waiting for Phil to compliment him before Phil caught on. Tsk, tsk.
47:48 - Phil calling Dan trash.
48:23 - Phil is so offended over Dan saying he can't take good photos! To the point where he goes and finds photos he thinks are good.
49:39 - "This is the fanservice you signed up for." Okay, opinion time: This is such a wink and a nod. It feels like Dan is mocking the idea that everything they do is fanservice, because if they were honestly trying to manipulate people using fanservice they wouldn't be announcing it to the world. To me this feels much more like Dan realizing things he and Phil do are going to be interpreted as fanservice and being bitter about it but also now being a the point where he's not going to let himself not act naturally just to avoid that.
50:05 - Dan winding Phil up over this is so fucking cute.
51:28 - "I don't think PJ ate them all."
51:41 - re: heart photo Dan liked tumblr... "Slightly creepy but really well framed." lmao
53:00 - Phil's impression of Dan in the cinema.
53:58 - Phil poking Dan's half-hobbit curls.
55:30 - Squabbling over Siri. Honestly, this, this is exactly how I imagine they are when the camera is off. Except probably both snuggling under that blanket and more physical trolling with pokes and prods and bumps and kisses.
57:46 - "We did Dan video, Phil video, gaming video - Impossible Quiz, that was fun." Dan again referring to everything under the umbrella of 'we.'
tylerrjoseph
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote:Super obnoxious livestream timestamps. I enjoyed that so much, not sure if you'll be able to tell.

0:41 - The entire first minute is basically Phil trolling Dan by hiding him. I'm already in love.
2:45 - Dan immediately wondering at the dubiousness of Thanksgiving origins, Phil with the Buffy reference. So them, in a not cloying way.
3:31 - "I'm thankful for you, Phil." I saw people quoting this, I didn't realize how sarcastic it was - but it's still amusing. I have thoughts about the 'is this what you wanted?' full on acknowledgement of what fans expect but I'll save it for the end with the chocolate.
5:01 - Phil with the hard opinions on Dan's tumblr - normally edgy, today was peaceful.
5:40 - Phil says Dan should be proud of his tumblr aesthetic, that Dan is better than him.
14:04 - Are they really just discussing Tom Daley's abs? Okay all right yeah buddy lets do this.
15:18 - This entire exchange was so - jfc. A mix of bashful Phil and their ESP going on and Dan cutely acquiescing to Phil's gentler type of storytelling.
17:56 - Seriously I want entire liveshows of just them telling stories together. The couple factor is intense.
19:10 - "I wish I could sing with strings. " "I mean, you could, Phil." "I could."
22:19 - Debating when to put up the Christmas tree. This entire thing is like fanfic. Step off my brand, Dan and Phil.
25:33 - "I just love all the little Phils." I'm kind of sad Phil didn't hear/acknowledge that.
26:07 - I really, really hope there's a gifset of this gay animal discussion. I also hope they finished that conversation later.
27:03 - Phil is concerned YOI will turn into ice skating. "I need adventure, relationships, frolics, lols, even a little bit of hit springs, it would never go amiss." Bless you so much, Phil, for eliminating the only possible way people could try and no-homo your love of YOI (by saying he prob liked it for the skating.) (Though I'm sure in saying this that someone will feel compelled to try and point out another way to no homo it but whatev seriously you can't take this away from me, Phil loves it for the relationships.) (Also, hot springs.)
28:40 - "We went to see Arrival yesterday," says Phil. And the three people who tried to claim maybe Dan saw it alone all slink into the shrub like Homer Simpson.
29:45 - "There was no one there - which is the ultimate Dan and Phil social experience. An absence of other humans." - Dan speaking truth.
30:18 - Phil admonishing Dan again. Liveshows like this make it obvious that neither of them really steamroll each other, Phil is more than ready to snap Dan into place when he chooses. It's just more of a Phil trait than an on-camera AmazingPhil trait.
30:39 - Dan saying, "PJ's like-" and I sit here wondering how I doubted their ability to make this livestream better. #kickthefire
31:37 - Dan's sass toward Phil about trolling an audience that just voted for him.
31:51 - "Dan, you talk about Pokemon, I'll stop interrupting you." and he proceeds to watch Dan for a few seconds.
36:49 - Dan's Yuri on Ice story. Phil's indulgent little, "Yeah?" and smile when Dan starts talking. He's surely heard all this before, and it's quite cute.
39:15 - Phil showing his armpit. Why did Dan even read that? But - "No, no, no, Phil. No. At least get paid for it, okay. That's premium service." lmao
41:13 - "Not doing any more tatinof." Those are beautiful words, Dan, say them again.
42:16 - "Trump slump." And he was going to make a video about Kanye? AND NATHAN WANTED TO DO WITH HIM? jfc this is the fanservice: Dan/Nathan and Dan/PJ in the same video. He is literally servicing me directly.
42:50 - Phil advising Dan not to do the Kanye video just yet until he knows what is going on. This is also a conversation they've already had, you can tell.
43:03 - Phil makes videos as soon as he thinks of them, Dan waits until the moment as write.
43:44 - Phil reassuring Dan that he doesn't have to make a video in December because there will be enough content to get them through, aka further proof that in their eyes their three channels are interchangeable.
44:33 - Dan moved Phil's plant from Phil's bedroom. "Because Phil never opens the blinds, because we never open the blinds." Huh. That's so weird. That would feel like a bedroom slip, if the phrasing were reversed.
46:36 - Question about shooting the calendar photos. Dan repeated three times how he looked good in the Elsa outfit, pointedly waiting for Phil to compliment him before Phil caught on. Tsk, tsk.
48:23 - Phil is so offended over Dan saying he can't take good photos! To the point where he goes and finds photos he thinks are good.
49:39 - "This is the fanservice you signed up for." Okay, opinion time: This is such a wink and a nod. It feels like Dan is mocking the idea that everything they do is fanservice, because if they were honestly trying to manipulate people using fanservice they wouldn't be announcing it to the world. To me this feels much more like Dan realizing things he and Phil do are going to be interpreted as fanservice and being bitter about it but also now being a the point where he's not going to let himself not act naturally just to avoid that.
51:41 - re: heart photo Dan liked tumblr... "Slightly creepy but really well framed." lmao
55:30 - Squabbling over Siri. Honestly, this, this is exactly how I imagine they are when the camera is off. Except probably both snuggling under that blanket and more physical trolling with pokes and prods and bumps and kisses.
57:46 - "We did Dan video, Phil video, gaming video - Impossible Quiz, that was fun." Dan again referring to everything under the umbrella of 'we.'
thanks for posting this!! i was with my family during the liveshow so i didn't get to watch much, however from the looks of it i'm going to find myself on phanshows pretty soon
--> platform 7, manchester picadilly station
eevee
emo goose

@ dizzy:

yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHH
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
charlottekath
squish

tylerrjoseph wrote:
Galactic-Howell wrote:[offtopic]Hey everyone!

[offtopic]this is a cool idea!! shoot me a pm whenever you decide what to do[/offtopic]
Hey, i'm quite new to the board but have been lurking for a while but this sounds like such a good idea especially for on the go chat so an you pm me if this goes ahead?
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

i loved the liveshow, didn't get any no-phan feelings tbh, the 'this is what you want' actually made me laugh, i like meta humor and the fact that they were acknowledging it and laughing about it saves it from being interpreted as awkward manipulative shipbaiting imo

my favorite part was when dan tried to convinced phil to let him tell the story about 'the guy', just the way they were looking at each other and grinning, it felt very natural
alittledizzy wrote: 44:33 - Dan moved Phil's plant from Phil's bedroom. "Because Phil never opens the blinds, because we never open the blinds." Huh. That's so weird. That would feel like a bedroom slip, if the phrasing were reversed.
firstly i love you and your time stamps, i didn't notice this when i watched it

and you know, i think it might still have been a slip, the brain does weird things when you are concentrating very hard in not saying something

(related anecdote: one time 14 years old closeted me was talking about actresses with some friends and i wanted to mention this one actress i had a massive crush on and i was waiting for my time to speak mentally going 'say she's a good actress not that you think she's hot say that she's a good actress not that she's hot...' what did i said out loud? that she was hot, yup)
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
kuensukki
janice from the shop

That liveshow was a glorious domestic mess and I couldn't take my eyes away. It began with bants and continued throughout. I really loved the contrasting moods they had. I think Dan had moments where he would revert or jump back into a persona but then there were moments where he was carelessly flirtingfighting with Phil and it was beautiful. It really was them in their natural state and alot had to do with Phil being layed back and Dan picking up on that vibe. One thing that really stood out is how much Dan looked to Phil for reassurance when speaking or saying anything. We can argue that Dan acts dominant and controlling when they play games, but when it comes to life matter, he relies alot of Phil approval and input when making a decsions. Like lilmango gloriously put it, he plays off Phil. They are able to assess each others move and act in that matter.

The Dan being nervous in BONCAS: it really showed, especially in those little clips with them walking through the crowd, he looks so lost and needs to have Phil physically turn back and talk to him to make him feel comfortable. Those cues that they leave each other and the other picks up is a thing of real beauty. One can sense anything the other is feeling and automatically respond to ease that anxiety

Phil slipped that Dan blinded him because he was watching him for the whole time in the BONCAS

trump slump

Did anyone sense that they were a bit protective of the award and what it represented. The way they described it seemed to me like they were trying to legitimize it and show that it wasn't something that was only about sponning youtubers
gives wary glance to BONCAS thread
alittledizzy wrote:Super obnoxious livestream timestamps. I enjoyed that so much, not sure if you'll be able to tell.
THIS
I am living for this Phil The boy actually went out to say that he enjoys the relationship aspect of the show and even threw in a little hot spring. Given that Phil tends to skirt around the idea of relationships in general, not to mention two GORGEOUS ANIME BOYS, his statement had me screaming in my hand. The hot spring mention was so casual but spoke so much- he's actively waiting for some hot steamy action to happen between them. Even Dan seemed hesitant to bring up that aspect of the show but Phil dived right in and it was so surprising (in the best kind of way).

Phil throughout was a fucking delight. His "lit" "thicc" part is now engrained in my eyelids from replaying so much. He was just so carefree but also stern and daddish (not in a kinky way). Their whole advice to schools portion had me daydreaming of when they adopt little hobbit haired blue eyed ahem children they will constantly disagree on how to raise them. Phil will be the overprotective mum that shields his children from the negativity and sorrows of the world while Dan takes the more confrontational approach.

Given their attitude recently I can't expect how crazy and amazing pinof8 will be! what to expect from a quick glance on twitter: tons of yoi, yoga poses, and proposals
internetakeover
lady door
Pronouns: they/them

Another one for the 'adored the ls' train! Like dizzy and trashqueen mentioned, I didn't mind the 'is this what you want?'/'this is the fanservice you signed up for' bits or find them 'anti-phan' at all. I'd not thought about it quite that way before but acknowledging it does really make it less fanservice-y. I liked the cheeky acknowledgement of audience, too - they know we're watching but it's not going to stop them. (The 'is this what you want' bit in particular was good for that - for all Dan was acknowledging/mocking after the fact he never took it back.) Hadn't considered just how that might be an active kind of fanservice pushback until dizzy mentioned it, I'd just considered it part of the more relaxed thing they've got going on lately. idk now.

re, BONCAs discussion: I loved that Phil started it again with 'we won three awards', totally dismissing that one of them is technically his - even when he got up to get the physical awards he left 'Creator of the Year' for Dan to pick up, though I guess there's no way of knowing if that's intentional. I also liked that Dan did highlight that Phil was Creator of the Year, trying to show him some actual individual credit for that! (reminder to self that there's another BONCAs point you forgot)

I was afraid having a joint ls would reduce the YOI discussion, but while it was not quite the full on Dan-rant I might have dreamed of - which lbr there was no way of guaranteeing would happen anyway, especially as the ~moment was last week - Phil gave us way more than I would have dreamed of! I found it super interesting that he highlighted the relationship as something he liked, especially as I'm not sure it's something he's said(/I've noticed him say) about an anime before? I love the idea that Phil watches something for the personal drama, rather than an epic plot - which he has hinted at before with Haikyuu, but still: love that insight. And I'm taking significance from him not only mentioning but stressing that it's the relationship - ' maybe even a bit of hot springs' - that he wants to see progress, if only as part of this increasing relaxation that is apparently trying to ruin my life.

I was amused by Dan's little Pokemon rant - not enough time before work to find the timestamp, sorry! - b/c he'd clearly forgotten that he'd already complained about this to us! I wonder if Phil often gets repeated rants and just sits through them, or if he bothers to cut Dan off? I liked the casual PJ mention at the start of that too, nice to remember that they are legimitately friends, as infrequently as we may see them actually meeting up.

Loved the tumblr conversation b/c it felt really natural, like they were just having a chat that we happened to be privy to - saw someone on twitter saying they felt like a third wheel, and yeah, they're not wrong - and same with the Siri squabbling, that was adorable. The calendar chat was also interesting, I really hope they do do something with some of those outtakes! Need to see that Dan/Elsa picture he was fishing for compliments on. The gay animals tangent was cute too, so many little tangents/cute moments!

(edit: ahh kuensukki I love your post - not least b/c it makes me less embarrassed about the length of mine! - and wish I had time to respond to a few things but unfortunately RL means I have no time D:)
swofro
angel bean

It seems like everyone has already point out the good bits from the liveshow but I still wanna drop by and says I enjoy that so much.

I miss Phil's liveshow. It has been forever since he do one so I am happy to get a dose of Phil in the early hour in the morning. I think he really looks good in that glasses, I hope he knows that :/

Meanwhile, Dan hiding behind Phil's blanket is a but that shave side can go straight to a trash can for all I care. Haha.

They both looks great, I wanna hug them

The story about Dan losing his voice is very stressful for me to listen to, I got second handed stress knowing they only survive because of miracle. I mean, he really sounds croaky when he speaks in that Alfie Green interview but I thought that was because he is tired, not something more serious. :S

PINOF8 is coming soon. I hope they tone down the scream and make a more chill one. And also hope they pick great questions.

Other anecdotes:
-Dan keep saying post baking universe. why did he keep saying that?

-"I'm thankful for you, Phil." Say what you wanna say but i think that is genuine and the next bit is him being self concious and back tracking because he knows what we gonna do with that statement.

-Dan poke one of Tom Daley abs. lol

-Why did Phil stop Dan from talking about the guy? What does it has to do with their mike not working well? The plot thickens. or as phil said it, thicc-ens.

-same at watching figure skating videos, Dan. I don't watch Yuri On Ice because I'm kinda not interested in sports anime that wasn't really sports anime (basically opposite of Phil) but after the hype I just went to wikipeia reading about Yuzuru Hanyu and techniques in figure skating and all that stuff and landed myself in youtube for a few hours to watch all the interesting videos.

Also Phil, I really would like to recommend Eyeshield21, a sports anime with tons of side details and over a hundred of episodes for character growth. And sports, of course. Haha.

-agree with Dan about fire type starter pokemon. Cyndaquil is the most beautiful innocent thing ever and then it evolves into a scary face

-lol at Dan stole a phone at the airport

-Lots of gaming on December, I wonder if they will do another christmas count down gaming videos like dilmas but maybe with Undertale this time? but how does undertale get cristmassy? I don't know, ignore me

-I really wanna buy the advent calendar after them sponning it but I am waiting if they gonna announce black friday special or something today so I don't have to pay so much for double shipping lol.

That's it, I guess. What a great liveshow. I love Deppy.
Love is forever
howdareyou
not a first-time poster

absolutely adored the liveshow, also really like coming here afterwards and reading through all the timestamps and reactions, it's double as fun
wanted to just unlurk for a second to talk about two things i haven't seen anyone mentioned. phil's sharp loud laugh?? he laughed like that twice during this ls and i haven't ever heard him doing that before, not really? idk it was so cute.
also phil's quick mind, i absolutely love his type of humour, when dan was like "shame the chocolate is not vegan, if i did another one in future i'd make it vegan" or smth along the lines, and phil went "well it's vegetarian" honestly king of comedy :D
swofro
angel bean

PSA: If you type BlackFriday in the discount box at dnp shop, you get some discount. Just wanna let everyone knows

#spon
Love is forever
vincentian
hobbit hair

This week has been so overwhelming with the BONCAs, Dan’s Twitter and Tumblr spree and this liveshow. I choose to believe they were so generous (and seemingly happy) on social media recently at least partly because they are appreciative of the awards / that people voted and generally for where they are in life right now. This makes me a happy fan!

kuensukki wrote: Phil throughout was a fucking delight. His "lit" "thicc" part is now engrained in my eyelids from replaying so much. He was just so carefree but also stern and daddish (not in a kinky way).
This was one of my favourite parts of the liveshow, and the way Dan said “He’s so much worse!..” lol – worse than the sunshine cinnamon roll people think he is? Turns out Phil is the real bully of them two (also I agree with everything you pointed out about Phil in the ls ).

And lol at Dan saying he was “upsetting” people on twitter these past few days – that’s not the same as posting pictures with V sign or referencing Kanye a lot. I’m here for this kind of fond tongue-in-the-cheek trolling.

Also the furniture in the lounge seemed to be rearranged a bit?
Am I a demon phannie for liking this despite sarcasm?
teamug

[offtopic]is the liveshow posted anywhere other than younow and tumblr?
younow refuses to sign me in and all I get on tumblr is three pulsing squares...sad face.[/offtopic]
mio
#relatable

teamug wrote:[offtopic]is the liveshow posted anywhere other than younow and tumblr?
younow refuses to sign me in and all I get on tumblr is three pulsing squares...sad face.[/offtopic]
There's a channel on youtube that posts all the ls a bit later called phanshows.
I think the new one is already up? Cant link bc im on mobile.

Also i had the same problem for tumblr, trying on a different browser worked!
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~