Dan & Phil Part 33: #JustBroThings

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nihilist-toothpaste
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

I believe Dan said once that he bleeps it only if he feels like it was unnecessary or too much. There's an example of that in one of the Sims(?) videos where he bleeps a couple times, and then on another one specifically says "not going to bleep that one" because apparently he felt like it was deserved for the situation. So there's some kind of mental line he has/had for when he felt like censoring it or not. Which may have gone by the wayside now if Phil is lightening up on it too.
yep! dan has said on a few occasions that he censors swears if he thinks they cross a line and are unnecessary/rude. a good example is his response to this ask: http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/post/2 ... the-others
Anonymous asked: why do you bleep some words and not the others? Like in your northern video you said 'fuck' twice and only bleeped the second one... why not just leave everything unbleeped?

haha i’m quite particular. i only censor words if they sound vulgar/unnecessary. for instance i can drop the f bomb multiple times in a video but if i say it casually and it doesn’t really add to the situation then it’s JUST RUDE and i’ll bleep it.
yeah i’m weird.
i do think that he's let up on the censoring during gamingmas probably bc it would take way too long to do and at this point very few people are shocked or offended by his swearing even if it is unnecessary.
papierklemmen
flower crown

adequate duck wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
papierklemmen wrote: i do agree however that this has nothing to do with their sexuality. someone could have just troll-gifted it to them (i'd disown that friend)
Okay. I don't understand how someone would gift their "straight" friend a joke present of an obscure LGBT film that they they cherish and place among their collection of other cherished DVD's, on full display. But okay.
well idk either
i mean sure it could happen, there's lots of ways to interpret almost anything we've talked about on idb from #nohomo to #fullhomo, but imo interpreting *everything* as just bro bffs requires mental hoop-jumping the likes i have not bothered to do in years...

in other news phil is beautiful and dan is a complete troll and i love them both
i personally think that owning that weird ass movie could be a sign they are not straight, but i just like to brainstorm and post different interpretations. i feel like i've had to say it at least every two pages lately, we are all speculating here.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

uglyamerican wrote:
charlottekath wrote:
Ablissa wrote:

I have so many questions about this, was Phil finally successful in the cat stickering Dans apple products?
Looks more like a Shibe than a cat... And, yea, Danisnotatroll
It's a red panda, look at the stripes on it's face.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

papierklemmen wrote:
adequate duck wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
papierklemmen wrote: i do agree however that this has nothing to do with their sexuality. someone could have just troll-gifted it to them (i'd disown that friend)
Okay. I don't understand how someone would gift their "straight" friend a joke present of an obscure LGBT film that they they cherish and place among their collection of other cherished DVD's, on full display. But okay.
well idk either
i mean sure it could happen, there's lots of ways to interpret almost anything we've talked about on idb from #nohomo to #fullhomo, but imo interpreting *everything* as just bro bffs requires mental hoop-jumping the likes i have not bothered to do in years...

in other news phil is beautiful and dan is a complete troll and i love them both
i personally think that owning that weird ass movie could be a sign they are not straight, but i just like to brainstorm and post different interpretations. i feel like i've had to say it at least every two pages lately, we are all speculating here.
sooooo.... we can only reply to what you say, not what you might actually think. is the answer just to not engage in conversation so as not to hear the devil's advocate explanation from you in every situation?
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
corn flakes
moon room

I personally think that owning some types of movies doesn't have to mean anything, it could be that they were told that the movies were interesting and as the horders they are they bough it , then again imo (of a person that doesn't give af about that and as usual is speculating) is that at least dan is not100% straight.

Glad to discover I'm not the only paranoid person with a sticker on her webcam

As some of you mentioned pinof bloopers. i thought that as usual they would post it on a side channel, so that it doesn't count in gaymas? Am I asking too much with two videos in one day? probably :lol:
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
nephilimcat
woodland creature

I just deleted my opinion about the whole owning lgbt+ movies thing :facepalm: I can't be bothered to type it again, it wasn't important anyway. I just lost a few minutes of my life for nothing, cool.
nihilist-toothpaste wrote:i do think that he's let up on the censoring during gamingmas probably bc it would take way too long to do and at this point very few people are shocked or offended by his swearing even if it is unnecessary.
I hope it stays that way. I don't understand why people bother to censor swearing. Either don't swear at all/cut it out or leave it in But that's just my opinion.
pulvis et umbra sumus
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

adequate duck wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
sooooo.... we can only reply to what you say, not what you might actually think. is the answer just to not engage in conversation so as not to hear the devil's advocate explanation from you in every situation?
(not modding here, just talking)
Conflicts of this sort could be avoided if papierklemmen would note within their original posts which comments are their actual opinions/interpretations and which are just them playing devil's advocate/exploring every possible interpretation.
MoonPride
moon room

I am hoping for pinof bloopers after gamingmas if I'm honest, I would hate for them to ruin the streak they got going on with the gaming channel right now.
papierklemmen
flower crown

BisexualShoeMarriage wrote:
adequate duck wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
(not modding here, just talking)
Conflicts of this sort could be avoided if papierklemmen would note within their original posts which comments are their actual opinions/interpretations and which are just them playing devil's advocate/exploring every possible interpretation.
sorry, i just thought it was obvious because i was replying to the post about their movies being mainstream/acclaimed and not catering to lgbt, that one of the movies is pretty much gay fanfic and therefore is something straigt people wouldnt normally own.
i'll try to note my comments with that, but i guess its going to be difficult since most my opinions re/ deppy's situation are interpretations and i go back and forth between them :sobs:
MoonPride wrote:I am hoping for pinof bloopers after gamingmas if I'm honest, I would hate for them to ruin the streak they got going on with the gaming channel right now.
why are ppl expecting pinof bloopers, is it because dan is home alone? i doubt they're gonna break the streak while they're at it, at least i hope so. plus pinof is still pretty fresh, let the body get cold first.
annetamiau
lady door

I'd really like to know how many people here still think dan and phil might be straight.

Also, on a completely different note, and from yesterday's video at 6:32:
P- This is making me feel very festive.
(...)
D-Aw, we should do like a nightmare before christmas and do this in halloween next year. (Said very casually).
So for all of you who fear a break up of some sorts in 2017, I don't think so ;)
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
tymyky
glabella

Just giving in my two cents to this discussion because I think that it is something which was never covered before. I just don't get the fact that you would determine someones sexuality based on the movies they watch. I am straight as a ruler and watched all of the movies deppy owns just because I watch basically anything. In my eyes Dan and Phil definitely aren't straight but I would never based that on movies they watch

Moving on, can't wait for today's video, this revising is killing me.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

majitzu wrote: Edit: my favourite part is Phil
Yes! Same same same. I love how Phil has been in the gaming videos so far. He is trolling and funny and not acting so childish and I love it. You can really see how mischievous he can be and I am here for this Phil.

Plus glasses and red/black plaid Phil, someone start a petition to get him in the glasses more please (joking, kinda).
Slender Santa was boring af but I have rewatched it a couple of times just for this

im on my phone so hope my image isn't too massive, someone pm me if it is.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Birdie
blobfish

I'd really love for them to upload bloopers again. Have they said they will or do you just think they will because they did the last few times? I always like the bloopers more than the original PINOFs so I really hope we'll get some.

DVD discussion (Hidden because you moved on and I was again not quick enough):
melon lord wrote:Really? Wow, thanks! Because like, I've not seen ANY of those lgbt movies, not even Brokeback Mountain. It just never came up. So I understand the need for LGBT media but since I never strove to find it, I don't know what's just "gay" and what is made by lgbt, for lgbt. I do know Blue Is the Warmest Color is considered very "made by a straight person", and I felt like Black Swan is kind of the same deal, but I also dislike Only Me & You which is regarded well (from what I've seen), so maybe my critic measurement is broken. :lol:

I do think that lgbt relationships will blossoms best in online tv shows like Sense 8 and such, and hopefully in time it will be mainstream enough to enter commercial television.

Judging from all of y'alls reaction to Were the World Mine though, I should tread carefully
I'm the same, I don't consume much lgbt media either. I've seen Brokeback Mountain and Kill Your Darlings is good but I think they're both made with a mainstream audience in mind and not meant to be only enjoyed by queer people so of course anyone can and will like them. Films that seem to resonate more with the lgbt community seem to be Pride (which is great) and TV shows such as Sense8 (which I hate, even though I understand why so many people love it). I just think if they meant to start this collection of queer films it wouldn't be just a handful of well known films but more obscure lgbt films too. :)
corn flakes wrote:I personally think that owning some types of movies doesn't have to mean anything, it could be that they were told that the movies were interesting and as the horders they are they bough it , then again imo (of a person that doesn't give af about that and as usual is speculating) is that at least dan is not100% straight.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say originally. It could mean something but it really doesn't have to. Maybe they just like that film for whatever reason. It's by far not as obscure and unknown as you might think, it has over 150 reviews on Amazon, most of them positive, a lot of them by straight people and others by lgbt people. The film is a classic with indie film lovers. What I was trying to say is owning any specific movie doesn't mean you're straight or lgbt or anything. Someone enjoying a film isn't proof of anything. I'm gay and I like loads of films with straight couples in them. That doesn't make me straight. So a straight person liking a movie with lgbt people in it doesn't have to be lgbt to like it either. NOT saying the guys are straight but I'm also not saying owning this film means they're lgbt. In fact I don't really label them anything until they do so themselves so I guess I'll be here a while waiting before I come to any sort of conclusion lol.
MoonPride
moon room

Birdie wrote:I'd really love for them to upload bloopers again. Have they said they will or do you just think they will because they did the last few times? I always like the bloopers more than the original PINOFs so I really hope we'll get some.

DVD discussion (Hidden because you moved on and I was again not quick enough):
melon lord wrote:Really? Wow, thanks! Because like, I've not seen ANY of those lgbt movies, not even Brokeback Mountain. It just never came up. So I understand the need for LGBT media but since I never strove to find it, I don't know what's just "gay" and what is made by lgbt, for lgbt. I do know Blue Is the Warmest Color is considered very "made by a straight person", and I felt like Black Swan is kind of the same deal, but I also dislike Only Me & You which is regarded well (from what I've seen), so maybe my critic measurement is broken. :lol:

I do think that lgbt relationships will blossoms best in online tv shows like Sense 8 and such, and hopefully in time it will be mainstream enough to enter commercial television.

Judging from all of y'alls reaction to Were the World Mine though, I should tread carefully
I'm the same, I don't consume much lgbt media either. I've seen Brokeback Mountain and Kill Your Darlings is good but I think they're both made with a mainstream audience in mind and not meant to be only enjoyed by queer people so of course anyone can and will like them. Films that seem to resonate more with the lgbt community seem to be Pride (which is great) and TV shows such as Sense8 (which I hate, even though I understand why so many people love it). I just think if they meant to start this collection of queer films it wouldn't be just a handful of well known films but more obscure lgbt films too. :)
corn flakes wrote:I personally think that owning some types of movies doesn't have to mean anything, it could be that they were told that the movies were interesting and as the horders they are they bough it , then again imo (of a person that doesn't give af about that and as usual is speculating) is that at least dan is not100% straight.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say originally. It could mean something but it really doesn't have to. Maybe they just like that film for whatever reason. It's by far not as obscure and unknown as you might think, it has over 150 reviews on Amazon, most of them positive, a lot of them by straight people and others by lgbt people. The film is a classic with indie film lovers. What I was trying to say is owning any specific movie doesn't mean you're straight or lgbt or anything. Someone enjoying a film isn't proof of anything. I'm gay and I like loads of films with straight couples in them. That doesn't make me straight. So a straight person liking a movie with lgbt people in it doesn't have to be lgbt to like it either. NOT saying the guys are straight but I'm also not saying owning this film means they're lgbt. In fact I don't really label them anything until they do so themselves so I guess I'll be here a while waiting before I come to any sort of conclusion lol.
Phil said bloopers were coming soon after the dust fron pinof had settled
papierklemmen
flower crown

missemma wrote:
Yes! Same same same. I love how Phil has been in the gaming videos so far. He is trolling and funny and not acting so childish and I love it. You can really see how mischievous he can be and I am here for this Phil.

Plus glasses and red/black plaid Phil, someone start a petition to get him in the glasses more please (joking, kinda).
Slender Santa was boring af but I have rewatched it a couple of times just for this

ever since that tomska video about certain timestamps being the most re-watched/watched, ive been self-conscious about going back and rewatching moments like this (feeling the heartbeat) because i know - deppy will see it in their statistics :lol: i need to get on tumblr for the gifs, i guess...
000dia000
emo goose

Trigger Warning :
Evan Edinger
:cactus:
Birdie
blobfish

000dia000 wrote:
Trigger Warning :
Evan Edinger
Man, he makes it hard for me to keep liking him. :roll: I'm not going to watch it, would someone who does mind telling me if he mentions the guys or if this is just clickbait? I really liked Evan a few months ago and I still find him adorable but why can't he just move on.
nephilimcat
woodland creature

missemma wrote:

+1 :thumb:
Ugh, he is so beautiful and hot
pulvis et umbra sumus
uglyamerican
woodland creature

tymyky wrote:Just giving in my two cents to this discussion because I think that it is something which was never covered before. I just don't get the fact that you would determine someones sexuality based on the movies they watch. I am straight as a ruler and watched all of the movies deppy owns just because I watch basically anything. In my eyes Dan and Phil definitely aren't straight but I would never based that on movies they watch
OK, I *sort of* agree with this... I mean I''ve seen (but don't own - thank you Netflix) all of the films mentioned, but I also watch *a lot* of movies both because I enjoy them and it's my business. So to draw conclusions from their library might be reaching a bit, but those are also *unusual* titles for bros to own. Just sayin'.... ;)
Last edited by uglyamerican on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

missemma wrote:

The image is quite large, but I'm not complaining :platonic:
sentinel
lady door

000dia000 wrote:
Trigger Warning :
Evan Edinger
It's the Phan Rejects Union
000dia000
emo goose

Birdie wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
Trigger Warning :
Evan Edinger
Man, he makes it hard for me to keep liking him. :roll: I'm not going to watch it, would someone who does mind telling me if he mentions the guys or if this is just clickbait? I really liked Evan a few months ago and I still find him adorable but why can't he just move on.
Well, it goes without saying that it's clickbait, right off the bat they all mention how their first youtube fangirling was over charieissocoollike/amazingphil

I could summarize, or you could watch the video, they only discuss them from 00:00 to 1:25

mentions include, though: calling deppy (namely phil) gods, Lucy (the girl) her friend called Dan "so much hotter" than Phil that shocked the other two. Other mentions throughout the video mentioned Evan and Luke's cringey past and how they've alienated some youtubers that way and then said how they try to be nice to any smaller youtubers who have similar behaviors to prevent them feeling the same way (okay, then)
:cactus:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Catallena wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:
charlottekath wrote:
Ablissa wrote:

I have so many questions about this, was Phil finally successful in the cat stickering Dans apple products?
Looks more like a Shibe than a cat... And, yea, Danisnotatroll
It's a red panda, look at the stripes on it's face.
Could be..... (I just wanted to use the snowflake)
majitzu
angel bean

malday
emo goose

10/10 for GlassesPhil