Dan and Phil Captioning Project

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Alohomora
tol bean

Hey there. :) I mostly lurk but I figured this was important enough to come out of the shadows for a bit.

So as most of you are probably aware, 's videos (most if not all) are now able to be subbed by the community. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in joining me in trying to submit accurate subs of their videos?

If enough people show an interest in doing so, we could organise this into a proper thing. I'm planning on trying to subtitle their videos in English at first (as sadly that's the only language I'm good enough at to do this), but eventually it'd be amazing if we could sub their videos in other languages too! It would be a cool idb/phandom community project that will benefit many viewers, and I figure if we get our accurate subs in first, people will be less likely to put in ones that push the boundaries a bit.

Post here/dm me with your twitter handle if you're up for it, and I can compile a list of people so we can organise this properly Can you also post which language(s) you would be comfortable doing subtitles in please?

I'll probably contact through twitter as I'm on there most of the time, hence why twitter handles.

Thanks in advance

(PS: On average, subtitling in English as a native speaker takes me probably around 30-45 minutes for 5 minutes of video - in case that's useful for anyone)
backin09
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

I think there was a similar project on tumblr, but I don't know if it's still active. I'd love to do this, though! Especially since I want to do translating as my job in the future, I think it'd be a good way to train my skills :lol: I could do German subtitles if that's okay, since I'm a native speaker. I'll pm you my twitter! :platonic:
without the internet, we never would have met