Dan & Phil Part 38: Everlasting as the Sun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

helloflyingjellyfish wrote:Yeah it's really strange. It's not part of the normal Amplify Live thing and Deppy also haven't mentioned anything about it and also why the fuck is Nash Grier also in the lineup...

Also with meet and greet prices are really high and it just seems kinda fucked up, like the GA is actually not that bad but it kinda just seems a bit ridiculous
This is so weird. I was sure they would at least have tweeted about it by now and cleared some things up but they didn't.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

Birdie wrote: This is so weird. I was sure they would at least have tweeted about it by now and cleared some things up but they didn't.
Yeah, it's so strange that they still haven't mentioned it! I wonder if Phil will talk about it in his liveshow? Seems like something they'd want to announce together though.

It does feel like a really weird thing for Dan and Phil to involve themselves with tbh. It's very clearly aimed at teenagers (there's an argument to be made that all youtube conventions are for the most part, but I think VidCon, Playlist and SITC are less so), and seems like the sort of thing that Dan, with all his insecurities about making quality content and living up to the standards apparently set for him in the youtube comments presumably by casual adult male viewers, would want to distance himself from. Also the lineup is really awful, I would never give money to an event that's funding Nash Grier of all people. And yeah, the fact that it's so ridiculously expensive yet aimed at teenagers - what kid's parents are gonna fork out nearly 500 bucks?

The Melbourne venue is also really strange as it's outdoors, and most of the seating is just on the grass (I was at a Nick Cave concert there a week and a half ago and most people were sat on picnic rugs). If you have general admission do you then have to sit through every performer? I'm hoping Dan and Phil will clear things up soon, but I get that they were busy yesterday what with the Make A Wish thing, and didn't Dan say they were having another birthday dinner with friends?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I noticed last night that the touring agency who did TATINOF Australia also does Amplify; I wonder if them booking TATINOF aus was contingent in any way on them agreeing to also do Amplify?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

after that check from Amplify comes in:

They're never gonna clear things up (at least not truthfully) because it's quite obviously about money and very little else. They've been in AUS recently, none of their YouTuber friends are attending and Vidcon is happening in Australia this year as well..
alittledizzy wrote:I noticed last night that the touring agency who did TATINOF Australia also does Amplify; I wonder if them booking TATINOF aus was contingent in any way on them agreeing to also do Amplify?
Oh geez if that's true.. First they sell their soul to promote PopJam in return for getting that app made (am I the only one who keeps forgetting that that thing exists?) and now this... Happy for Australia that they got TATINOF but this ain't doing wonders for their credibility.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
buttrito
smol bean

Just reading about the Amplify thing now and I know Dan mentioned that they are just chilling in 2017 so maybe the reason they are going to this thing is because they know they wont be doing many events (like tatinof and tabinof etc) so they gotta grab dat sweet cash somehow.

Either way I still think it's a weird event for them to agree to do but im sure it also has something to do with management n stuff idk.
I hope they have fun thts all
secretagentphan
procrastinator

What on Earth are Dan and Phil saving up for?? Or did YouTube really screwing them over that bad? They have so many ads on their videos, they're doing this event, they came out with two books and went on a tour last year. My sister and I have noticed how they have the most ads on their videos and we always laugh about it. We're personally okay with it because it's like "yeah! You get that money deppy!" but still it's so obvious. It seems like they're freaking out and getting all they can for savings right now. They probably realize YouTube can't last forever, and YouTube's shady decisions are only going to make it last shorter. (Get that house and dog money deppy yas)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

secretagentphan wrote:What on Earth are Dan and Phil saving up for?? Or did YouTube really screwing them over that bad? They have so many ads on their videos, they're doing this event, they came out with two books and went on a tour last year. My sister and I have noticed how they have the most ads on their videos and we always laugh about it. We're personally okay with it because it's like "yeah! You get that money deppy!" but still it's so obvious. It seems like they're freaking out and getting all they can for savings right now. They probably realize YouTube can't last forever, and YouTube's shady decisions are only going to make it last shorter. (Get that house and dog money deppy yas)
I don't think they need to be 'saving up' for anything to want to make the most money they can out of youtube. Don't get me wrong - I do think they are going for the house-and-dog some time in the next couple of years. But I think even if they weren't, they'd be doing the same things. I know being a youtuber is all about having a genuine connection, but most people don't have to pretend to be coy about making money for doing their job. Plus - they're replacing a year and a half of touring with two fan events. Dan didn't say no travel at all, he said more chill. I'd say two weekends in one year vs the majority of one year still makes it pretty chill.

I would love to know how much the recent youtube changes have impacted their bottom line, though.
felucca
truth bomb

Hello! Quick question: Anyone know where I can find a good clip of PHIL saying "bantz"?

Because that would be kind of neat.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
Galactic-Howell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote:
secretagentphan wrote:What on Earth are Dan and Phil saving up for?? Or did YouTube really screwing them over that bad? They have so many ads on their videos, they're doing this event, they came out with two books and went on a tour last year. My sister and I have noticed how they have the most ads on their videos and we always laugh about it. We're personally okay with it because it's like "yeah! You get that money deppy!" but still it's so obvious. It seems like they're freaking out and getting all they can for savings right now. They probably realize YouTube can't last forever, and YouTube's shady decisions are only going to make it last shorter. (Get that house and dog money deppy yas)
I don't think they need to be 'saving up' for anything to want to make the most money they can out of youtube. Don't get me wrong - I do think they are going for the house-and-dog some time in the next couple of years. But I think even if they weren't, they'd be doing the same things. I know being a youtuber is all about having a genuine connection, but most people don't have to pretend to be coy about making money for doing their job. Plus - they're replacing a year and a half of touring with two fan events. Dan didn't say no travel at all, he said more chill. I'd say two weekends in one year vs the majority of one year still makes it pretty chill.

I would love to know how much the recent youtube changes have impacted their bottom line, though.
+

Exactly. It is their job, and while I'm sure they make good dollar from Youtube, attending and taking part in conventions is also extremely beneficial both in money terms and connections. By going to a convention in Australia, they could also potentially be trying to spread their brand outside of the usual UK/USA fandoms. Not that they don't have Australian fans already, but it's still a good opportunity.

This clip basically sums up our relationship/analyzing of Deppy, I think:

:lol:
Wholesome doggo shitposting through life.
You may also call me Gal!
flurry
living flop

I loved the video! Google Feud by itself is really not a very interesting game if it really is a game at all -do they play it just because Google is their boss? But anyhow they managed to make it supremely entertaining as usual. And they were very cute and Phil looked especially handsome in it

Regarding Dan being mean to Phil - I don't think people really think that Dan is horrible to Phil in a personal way but as some others here have mentioned, it just is uncomfortable to watch when he gets aggressive in a way that seems over the top while Phil remains largely passive. Yes people know it isn't a true indicator of their relationship and yes Phil probably is also fine with it or he would just edit it out BUT as viewers it just doesn't feel great. One example would be the Sonic (?) Video where I think Dan was very aggressive and of course the recent Drawing video where he seemed especially disparaging. It clearly isn't always their dynamic since these videos are few and far between but yes it does make me (and others) uncomfortable but also yes they can do what they want and this is just an opinion. A friend who watches them very casually said she felt the same way and I totally understand that.

Regarding Youtubers and money, I've always found it weird how viewers don't like to be reminded that their content creators are really there to well make money. Unless they have full time jobs and do YouTube on the side, they're literally investing a lot in the platform and it is a job and jobs are meant to make money. Even if I like writing as a hobby as video making probably started as a hobby for them, going to an office daily and writing stuff consistently for money will go beyond just something for fun or for "my readers" - it'll literally be for money. And I feel that's perfectly fine. People say deppy already make a lot of money but hey people always want more money especially when they're young and it's the time to save up. (Afterall look at JK Rowling she's got money and still clearly wants a lot more :P don't mind me I'm bitter over the price of cursed child premium tickets - which is probably the price deppy paid??)
sia
living flop

alittledizzy wrote:

I don't think the problem is that they are coy about making money from their youtube channels, the thing is that we know that they are making a lot of money, probably millions annually for quite some time now (and I really don't think I am exaggerating here) and they don't seem to be a big spenders, so one could assume they already earned enough money for a very comfortable lifetime by now, so maybe there is more background people that also plan to live from their earnings but even then, they certainly could chill with the adds on videos a bit, because they definitely stand out and not in a good way. Also I checked out who is this literal satan Nash Grier and well, he sounds like your typical stupid fetus that became too rich way too young, so even though he sounds stupid I don't think he is worth boycotting events over? He is still very young, he can still probably completely change in a couple of years or ods before 30, who knows
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

DAPG - Google Feud timestamps

:06 - The way Phil says "Dan" and leans back there is so weird. That whole bit was jumpcut interestingly.
:30 - I have nothing to analyze in the macaroon bit. It was just adorable.
:54 - Phil putting his finger in front of Dan's mouth to shush him. Cute cute.
1:40 - So they're just referring to their livestreams on the side channel as "videos" now.
1:45 - Dan is such a little shit. He plugs something, Phil says he'll do one too, then Dan immediately begins mocking the idea of plugging stuff in the video. But this does make me think it's Phil that makes them wear the merch - and now I'm just imagining Phil harassing Dan until he puts a damn merch shirt on once in a while. (How many people are gonna lose their shit when they wear pastel merch to promo it, if shirts are involved?)
1:58 - "You mean vengance? Does that even make sense?" And Phil laughing as he valiantly defends his wording.
2:19 - The 'this guy look' followed by "For god's sake, this guy's such a need-" - it's like the natural version of what used to be a reactionary crutch.
2:45 - Phil calling Dan out for a wrong assumption.
3:09 - The whole youtube schtick.
3:15 - "Someone's gonna get a sweet macaroon in his mouth tonight." really, phil. tell us more.
5:02 - Phil has googled Michael Clifford.
5:08 - Phil agrees more people google Michael Phelps than Michael Moore.
5:25 - "Your penis."
6:12 - Jumpcut right before this so they obviously decided together that to address it.
6:33 - "How to raise... a penis. Type it." "I'm not typing penis!" "Penis. A penis. My penis." "You have the penis!" ""Your penis. "Stop saying penis!" "Penis. Penis penis."
6:54 - "Stop being mean, significant others." Gender neutral Phil ftw.
7:04 - "Blood pressure. That's basically the same thing." (As raising a penis.)
7:29 - Dan picking 'lawyer' as a career-focused answer.
7:35 - Dan's little shoulder dancing is so cute.
8:08 - Announcement moose abuse.
8:30 - "Is [duct tape] safe for..." "Kidnapping your senpai."
8:50 - Non-kink-related choking.
8:69 - "I think you should type in bondage, Phil." And then Phil... does. I pause in my casual acceptance of this to think of how people would have reacted a year ago to hear Phil talk about penis, bondage, and sex as valid potential responses in a game like this without reigning any kind of ignorance.
10:31 - "thicc" column, said at the same time. Stop with that ESP.
10:40 - But some of the old standard deflections are in place, like Phil making that ridiculous facial expression while Dan feeds him. (Honestly, it's hilarious; he can keep it, it works with the self-aware vibe.)
11:26 - Phil is too busy chewing, Dan effortlessly picks up with the endcard spiel.
11:37 - Dan getting in some biscuit-shaming right at the last moment.
fancybum
senpai

sia wrote:
I don't think the problem is that they are coy about making money from their youtube channels, the thing is that we know that they are making a lot of money, probably millions annually for quite some time now (and I really don't think I am exaggerating here) and they don't seem to be a big spenders, so one could assume they already earned enough money for a very comfortable lifetime by now, so maybe there is more background people that also plan to live from their earnings but even then, they certainly could chill with the adds on videos a bit, because they definitely stand out and not in a good way. Also I checked out who is this literal satan Nash Grier and well, he sounds like your typical stupid fetus that became too rich way too young, so even though he sounds stupid I don't think he is worth boycotting events over? He is still very young, he can still probably completely change in a couple of years or ods before 30, who knows
What even is this argument (not just you, it pops up every so often): 'they've made enough money'. What is that. What is the magical threshold of 'enough' and is there a time limit on it? Should they turn off their ads for a year to even out their earnings in the past year, because they're approaching too much? (Also it's already been discussed here that ad revenue cuts way down after December- are they supposed to just be fine with that and not try to pad out their loss in earnings? Or just work for free?). Because they're already rich, they need to cool it with the money-making? You know people in 'normal' jobs (if they're not complete shitholes anyway) can expect regular raises and perks (more vacation time, idk, whatever). YTers are self-employed and have little control over what they can make from ads (arguably the only 'inconvenience' to us viewers partaking in the free content they put out), so they need to branch out with spons and merch (which viewers can choose not to watch as ADs are now made clear, and choose not to buy). And if ads bother you so much just get adblock: no ads for you, no revenue for them, win-win..

Looking into it, Amplify does look like a money-grabbing and shittier version of vidcon, so ethically or whatever I can get behind some of the criticism. But as somebody else said, the base (no M&Gs etc) ticket is fairly reasonable in price (well if you're really invested in seeing these particular people from a distance I guess). Nobody's holding a gun to anybody to pay 450 like a complete tool. If people want to be dumb and waste their money on dumb shit, that's their problem. If D&P want to agree to appear at a shitty con that selectively gouges attendees, well yeah okay, that probably deserves a little side-eye. But maybe leave that to a separate discussion outside of 'they have enough money already' because literally what the fuck does that even mean.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
hopinglester
banned

[offtopic]I was re-watching a Cat vlog that featured Dan and Phil and where they went to a Spa and made a reference about how Phil gets a lot of headaches (I'm too lazy too watch it again and quote but it was something like 'it would help you with some of those headaches you get'). I feel like this isn't the first time this has been mentioned but I can't really remember any other example of it. Can someone enlighten me?[/offtopic]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dianapml wrote:[offtopic]I was re-watching a Cat vlog that featured Dan and Phil and where they went to a Spa and made a reference about how Phil gets a lot of headaches (I'm too lazy too watch it again and quote but it was something like 'it would help you with some of those headaches you get'). I feel like this isn't the first time this has been mentioned but I can't really remember any other example of it. Can someone enlighten me?[/offtopic]
Phil used to tweet about having headaches every month or two, like clockwork. He tapered off and then fully stopped tweeting about them at some point but that doesn't really give us any indication of whether or not be still has them, since their tweeting styles became a lot less about personal in-the-moment information about their lives the more of an audience they grew.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

They're doing the absolute most to make money these days though, it's hard to deny that... I can see why that's off putting to some people, especially when they basically would rather cash in from Amplify and their sketchy shit than guard their credibility even though they really don't need to . I'm so fucking over the 'well the tour is over and they don't work for the BBC anymore so they need to find new ways to make money *sad face*' narrative like I'm sorry but that's what their fucking job again? Oh yeah. Making videos. Ones that still get millions of views. They're really not among the ranks of struggling Creators who are currently getting fucked over sideways by YouTube and Google, most of the big ones aren't. They're not gonna starve from the lack of the additional income that was TATINOF and it's merch sales.

The phandom will continue to call other Creators like the Gleamers money grabbers when in reality D&P aren't that much better. I've accepted their overload of ads and merch plugs by now, I even got over that glorified scrapbook, but Amplify.. yeah no. That's not even ~making money~ anymore, that's just allowing their vulnerable teen audience (who this event is specifically aimed at, unlike Vidcon.. which is still crowded with teens but it's still an all ages event) to pretty much get scammed out of money. Not gonna defend them on that one. Be successful and make all the money, but miss me with this shit. :roll:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

sentinel wrote:That's nice, they can haul ass to the other side of the world, but can't be bothered with Europe? Thanks guys it's not like Amsterdam is literally a two hour flight away that you can be done with in a day.
Yeah, I'll admit I did think that too. I'm pretty sure they won't do Summer In The City either this year, especiallyas they didn't do it last year without any mention of why.
The thing that makes me laugh the most about them going to Aus is it reminds me of the girls who gave Dan the nailvarnish and the dramalolz that happened when people criticised them for going to the airport everyday. It's gonna be exactly the same when they visit this time!
felucca wrote:Hello! Quick question: Anyone know where I can find a good clip of PHIL saying "bantz"?

Because that would be kind of neat.

I need to tweet this from the IDB twitter for sure!

Google Feud 2: fecking loved it. Nothing to add to what everyone else has said other than I have watched it at least 10 times and I really thought bondage would have been an option for duct tape.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

For me it’s not about the money. I don’t care how much money they have and I totally get why they grab every opportunity to make more. So would most of us if we were in their position, let’s be real. What’s dodgy in my opinion at least is that they won’t go to Vidcon in America or Europe but they’ll attend some obscure teen “festival”. It’s just weird to me because it’s not something I thought they would do. But maybe this really has to do with management? They still haven’t tweeted about this (I think) which kind of suggests they might not be that enthusiastic about it themselves? I don’t even know. It seems weird to me because this is exactly the kind of event I thought they wouldn’t attend out of all the events they could participate in. I’m not judging them, I just think it’s super weird.
sia
living flop

fancybum wrote:
sia wrote:
What even is this argument (not just you, it pops up every so often): 'they've made enough money'. What is that. What is the magical threshold of 'enough' and is there a time limit on it? Should they turn off their ads for a year to even out their earnings in the past year, because they're approaching too much? (Also it's already been discussed here that ad revenue cuts way down after December- are they supposed to just be fine with that and not try to pad out their loss in earnings? Or just work for free?). Because they're already rich, they need to cool it with the money-making? You know people in 'normal' jobs (if they're not complete shitholes anyway) can expect regular raises and perks (more vacation time, idk, whatever). YTers are self-employed and have little control over what they can make from ads (arguably the only 'inconvenience' to us viewers partaking in the free content they put out), so they need to branch out with spons and merch (which viewers can choose not to watch as ADs are now made clear, and choose not to buy). And if ads bother you so much just get adblock: no ads for you, no revenue for them, win-win..
Well what is enough money of course is a very subjective matter, but in case of people that earn as much as , when they probably already have enough money to buy an enormous house in the countryside, and live there comfortably until the end of their lives including all utilities bills and occasional holidays in exotic locations, I do wonder what more do they want, I definitely heard about people who simply retired in that kind of situation very young and now spend time travelling. Of course this is ultimately their decision to make and they know best how much money they will need in the future, but well if they plan to have that expansive lifestyle it just doesn't speak the very best about their character, being wasteful is just not a very positive characteristic no matter how you look at it (at least that is how I look at it). I don't actually have any kind of impression they are more desperate for earnings this month, the ads thing is something that is on their videos for quite some time now.

Yes they are just making money from their job like everyone, but they are making really very big amounts of money and that is also probably the reason why they are so nontransparent about how big their earning actually are.

I don't think they should just stop working (especially because it's probably something they enjoy doing) or make profits. I didn't say they should turn off their ads, but well having an ad in the middle of a video is annoying, a lot of creators don't use them and for a good reason; it doesn't translate to a very good viewing experience, you have to grab a mouse, wait five seconds, click continue, a lot of ads have higher volume and maybe it is just me living in the middle of nowhere but I always get the same ads about toothpaste that never change :lol: I am definitely aware that being a youtuber is far from a normal job and they are already probably in the process of losing viewers (like what is the deal with the views on the pinof8?) so the time they have left can absolutely be used to maximise their profits with squeezing as much ads in videos as possible and make every video 10 minutes, but it just doesn't leave the best feeling in the viewer, it doesn't leave you with feeling that the viewer experience was a priority to them. To be clear, I actually don't have that much complaints about their content, most of it is very pleasant, I was just expanding my arguments

and my comment about Amplify was separate in my comment, because I don't know anything about it, but I agree that you can't blame teenagers for being dumb, it is proven they don't have fully developed brains yet, that's why things like age limits exist, I do feel a bit sorry for them if they actually hate conventions and they very forced to participate in this one :lol: Is it possible that they actually avoid sitc and vidcon europe because they don't like hanging with other British youtubers?
Last edited by sia on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sentinel
lady door

missemma wrote:
sentinel wrote:That's nice, they can haul ass to the other side of the world, but can't be bothered with Europe? Thanks guys it's not like Amsterdam is literally a two hour flight away that you can be done with in a day.
Yeah, I'll admit I did think that too. I'm pretty sure they won't do Summer In The City either this year, especiallyas they didn't do it last year without any mention of why.
The thing that makes me laugh the most about them going to Aus is it reminds me of the girls who gave Dan the nailvarnish and the dramalolz that happened when people criticised them for going to the airport everyday. It's gonna be exactly the same when they visit this time!
Weren't they on tour during SITC last year?

Gleamers got shat on (and rightfully so) when they ditched SITC for their own event but I don't see this happening with precious Dan and Phil... I don't know, Amplify seems very money hungry and it's not a good look. Even if 450 AUD is 345 USD, it's still too much and it kinda looks desperate, considering they made good money last year. May be not fuck you money, but if they managed their wealth well I think they could probably last a long time with what they have (sia mentioned people doing this - on a slightly bigger scale people who did that are Tom from myspace and moot from 4chan)
Birdie wrote:For me it’s not about the money. I don’t care how much money they have and I totally get why they grab every opportunity to make more. So would most of us if we were in their position, let’s be real. What’s dodgy in my opinion at least is that they won’t go to Vidcon in America or Europe but they’ll attend some obscure teen “festival”. It’s just weird to me because it’s not something I thought they would do. But maybe this really has to do with management? They still haven’t tweeted about this (I think) which kind of suggests they might not be that enthusiastic about it themselves? I don’t even know. It seems weird to me because this is exactly the kind of event I thought they wouldn’t attend out of all the events they could participate in. I’m not judging them, I just think it’s super weird.
What management? They own their own companies, therefore they employ managers, not the other way around. More than that, imo it's bad for their image - look at the other people attending. Nash Grier and friends???
Last edited by sentinel on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fancybum
senpai

sia wrote: Well what is enough money of course is a very subjective matter, but in case of people that earn as much as , when they probably already have enough money to buy an enormous house in the countryside, and live there comfortably until the end of their lives including all utilities bills and occasional holidays in exotic locations, I do wonder what more do they want, I definitely heard about people who simply retired in that kind of situation very young and now spend time travelling. Of course this is ultimately their decision to make and they know best how much money they will need in the future, but well if they plan to have that expansive lifestyle it just doesn't speak the very best about their character, being wasteful is just not a very positive characteristic no matter how you look at it (at least that is how I look at it). I don't actually have any kind of impression they are more desperate for earnings this month, the ads thing is something that is on their videos for quite some time now.

Yes they are just making money from their job like everyone, but they are making really very big amounts of money and that is also probably the reason why they are so nontransparent about how big their earning actually are.
I just. Genuine question: do you pay all of your own bills? I can't even process what's going on in my brain right now reading all of that. But really. Do you?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sentinel wrote:
Birdie wrote:For me it’s not about the money. I don’t care how much money they have and I totally get why they grab every opportunity to make more. So would most of us if we were in their position, let’s be real. What’s dodgy in my opinion at least is that they won’t go to Vidcon in America or Europe but they’ll attend some obscure teen “festival”. It’s just weird to me because it’s not something I thought they would do. But maybe this really has to do with management? They still haven’t tweeted about this (I think) which kind of suggests they might not be that enthusiastic about it themselves? I don’t even know. It seems weird to me because this is exactly the kind of event I thought they wouldn’t attend out of all the events they could participate in. I’m not judging them, I just think it’s super weird.
What management? They own their own companies, therefore they employ managers, not the other way around. More than that, imo it's bad for their image - look at the other people attending. Nash Grier and friends???
I mentioned this briefly a page or two ago a few posts above, but We Are Nice is the events management company that did their booking for Australian tour dates... and also the events management company that puts on Amplify. I think it's plausible that We Are Nice taking on TATINOF might have hinged on Dan and Phil in turn showing up at their big event.

(I'm not saying I am fully committed to this being what happened, but it's a possibility.)
sia
living flop

fancybum wrote:
sia wrote: Well what is enough money of course is a very subjective matter, but in case of people that earn as much as , when they probably already have enough money to buy an enormous house in the countryside, and live there comfortably until the end of their lives including all utilities bills and occasional holidays in exotic locations, I do wonder what more do they want, I definitely heard about people who simply retired in that kind of situation very young and now spend time travelling. Of course this is ultimately their decision to make and they know best how much money they will need in the future, but well if they plan to have that expansive lifestyle it just doesn't speak the very best about their character, being wasteful is just not a very positive characteristic no matter how you look at it (at least that is how I look at it). I don't actually have any kind of impression they are more desperate for earnings this month, the ads thing is something that is on their videos for quite some time now.

I just. Genuine question: do you pay all of your own bills? I can't even process what's going on in my brain right now reading all of that. But really. Do you?
Are you saying you know how much they earn? and I feel a bit attacked, what does my living situation has to do with this argument? and I should point out I am not a native speaker, so if there are is any kind of miscommunication feel free to expand on your observations about my life
fancybum
senpai

sia wrote:
fancybum wrote: I just. Genuine question: do you pay all of your own bills? I can't even process what's going on in my brain right now reading all of that. But really. Do you?
Are you saying you know how much they earn? and I feel a bit attacked, what does my living situation has to do with this argument?
Nevermind.
sentinel
lady door

alittledizzy wrote:
sentinel wrote:
I mentioned this briefly a page or two ago, but We Are Nice is the events management company that did their booking for Australian tour dates... and also the events management company that puts on Amplify. I think it's plausible that We Are Nice taking on TATINOF might have hinged on Dan and Phil in turn showing up at their big event.

(I'm not saying I am fully committed to this being what happened, but it's a possibility.)
Ooh, sounds quite plausible. That makes me wonder if they will make more money from Amplify or less?