Dan & Phil Part 38: Everlasting as the Sun

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sparklemug
smol bean

I loved how it referred to DAPG lore with the callback to the Katamari video and it actually being the right answer
Philena
blobfish

whiskisalildepressed wrote:Hello! I've never posted on here before but, you guessed it, I'm an experienced lurker. I don't know if I'm doing this right, but can I just say: did Dan say at around 25:16 that he's 26 in the new gvideo?
Yes! Wtf?!?! (Also, :welcome:)

Dan and Phil, gently caressing my completionist kink with a live cattle prod! I loved the climax of the Impossible Quiz so much! Dan was hilarious, Phil was so charming. What a great gaming video!
ocelot
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: she/her

My favourite part of the video was 19:36, Phil stopping Dan's usual music rant
papierklemmen wrote:
missemma wrote: Can't believe they didn't know that about the skips though, I was waiting for them to get to the last question and their reactions didn't let me down.
i have a feeling they knew it but still let it happen for our entertainment. they were spoiled about it on every single platform, they couldn't have not known tbh.
Pretty much agreed, I've seen this all over their social media, I highly doubt they didn't know.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

whiskisalildepressed wrote:Hello! I've never posted on here before but, you guessed it, I'm an experienced lurker. I don't know if I'm doing this right, but can I just say: did Dan say at around 25:16 that he's 26 in the new gvideo?
Hi and welcome! :D
But yeah he did . Did the quiz screw him up so much mentally he forgot his own age?
:D
yupitsme
sofa crease

SexyTrashCan wrote:
But yeah he did . Did the quiz screw him up so much mentally he forgot his own age?
Since the merging process is in its final stages, they've decided to both adopt Phil's birthday and will use that from now on
gnostic
stress mushroom

That tripped me too.

The video being filmed in the future and uploaded via time machine #confirmed. That's the trick to their newfound productivity, finally revealed!
Just here for the marketing skills
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Yes, he did. And I'm like, "Boy, we are not the same age. Despite all the celebrations you had these past weeks, those were all for Phil and not yours."

I really enjoyed the video despite all the shouting. I felt Dan's frustration. I would have given up. I will also be annoyed with Phil with all the sound he's making no matter how much I love him ( I am talking about my love for Phil and not Dan's.)

I never watched Lost so I really liked that Phil knows the Lost codes. Also, the Katamari is a wtf moment. Phil's lateral thinking really works for them.
Last edited by Diyes_Celine on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papierklemmen
flower crown

he turns 26 this year and it's not that uncommon to start rounding up ones age before the birthday hits (i do that too).

but then again they have got some srs mathematical issues cause:
1) they have said multiple times that they've lived in their flat for 5 years when they'd only lived there for about 4 (at that point);
2) in pinof 8 phil said that they'd been doing it for 8 years when they'd been doing it for 7 years (at that point).
SquishPhan
capita£ester

yupitsme wrote:
SexyTrashCan wrote:
Since the merging process is in its final stages, they've decided to both adopt Phil's birthday and will use that from now on
I like this theory the most, so I''m going with it.
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

Referring to yourself as a year younger I can understand but a year older is strange, that quiz really messed with his mind Interesting that Phil didn't react to it either.

Not a big fan of the impossible quiz videos (stopped watching after the first 2) but seeing as it was the last one I gave it a go and quite enjoyed it, Dan's frustration in particular was entertaining

Also good God those jackets are ugly (my hatred for Adidas due to 90% of Irish teenage boys wearing it may be contributing to my opinion though) Not really sure why youtube gave them the jackets as well? Youtube red??
Lucyrg95
sofa crease

I laughed so much when Dan burst back into the room at 14:10

for some reason it's so funny to watch them slowly lose their mind
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

gnostic wrote:
That tripped me too.

The video being filmed in the future and uploaded via time machine #confirmed. That's the trick to their newfound productivity, finally revealed!
I don't know whether I like the merging theory or this one more .
I'm still getting pleasantly surprised lately by the amount of videos.
:D
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

yupitsme wrote:
SexyTrashCan wrote:
brilliant.

I loved that, it was funny, they look good in the pristine jackets, Phil was a ray of sunshine calming the enraged beast. I'd also have told him to scoot away from me a bit, I can't be doing with someone being too close when I'm trying to do something. He really doesn't listen when Dan tells him to shut up, either. Not that it's a nice thing to be told all the time, but when you're doing something delicate and getting stressed, someone jabbering in your ear and knocking you can be infuriating (at least Dan stopped thumping him years ago). Phil really was cute, so was Dan when he calmed down. I was amused by the last one, I've seen everyone telling them for months that they'll need the skips and still nope
swofro
angel bean

Quoting myself from twitter Because that definitely is a thing where I live.

Our school (kindergarten, primary and secondary school) term start on january and ends on november so it's normal to say I am 16 when you are in 4th year secondary school eventhough you haven't reach your birthday yet. After your birthday, you can say you are officially 16.

college and university terms starts the same as most of the world though
Love is forever
misakichan274
delia smith
Pronouns: she/they

This video was so hilarious I had to rewatch it immediately and gather my favourite bits :D
Dan was just so done from the get go and it was like watching a ticking time bomb (I have a feeling Phil persuaded him to give this a shot before giving up for good ;)) And my god, Phil was so lovely and just fantastic in this! Once again, I realised how they're such a good match, in that their personalities bounce off each other so beautifully that it hurts me

I couldnt take my eyes off of how Phil couldn't keep his hands off Dan his hovering, shoulder patting, back drumming(?) was hilarious and incredible to watch. Phil (like me ahah) just wanted to comfort poor screaming frustrated Dan Although Dan kept getting distracted go figure
And that moment when they won at 24.08 and Phil could finally touch him and there was an instant jump cut. Not that Phil did anything bros wouldn't do like kiss his cheek

Loved this video, so glad for their sanity and mine that its over, as always I'm impressed at the consistency and entertainment they've been blessing us with so far
gnostic
stress mushroom

swofro wrote:

Our school (kindergarten, primary and secondary school) term start on january and ends on november so it's normal to say I am 16 when you are in 4th year secondary school eventhough you haven't reach your birthday yet. After your birthday, you can say you are officially 16.

Where is that?

Over here it's normal to start rounding up your age a couple od months in advance so i guess Dan just stretched it a bit harder... but whatever I am sticking with my time machine theory you can't take it fron meee
Just here for the marketing skills
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

swofro wrote:

Oh that's weird I didn't know that was a thing people did. But what if your birthday is towards the end of the year, would you still go by year? I turn 20 at the end of this year but I'd find it strange referring to myself as 20 nine months before I even turn that age
Philena
blobfish

Another tick for the merging theory: Phil being the ultimate nerd of Lost trivia, yet Dan being an editor for the Lost wiki
vsannil
smol bean

haven't even seen the impossible quiz video, these ones irritate me to no end, not even the bants are worth it for me sorrynotsorry

But i am popping in with a speculation and not having read back i may be repeating someone but: they're uploading so much on the gaming channel that i think there's a #spon coming up, it would fit their usual pattern
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

*Peeks out out to see if v-day vid talk is done?*

I love the impossible quiz and all it's videos. I agree that they did know they needed the skips, but not how they needed the skips. Maybe they thought they needed them to get to 110 by skipping through the final questions.

I am very proud of them :)

BTW do my ears deceive me or right at the very beginning of the video at like .07 seconds does dan call phil Bae or Babe or something?
papierklemmen
flower crown

Artdefines06 wrote:
BTW do my ears deceive me or right at the very beginning of the video at like .07 seconds does dan call phil Bae or Babe or something?
he says "mate".
Raspberrypi
crusty sponge

Artdefines06 wrote:
He said mate (of course) but didn't pronounce the t so it sounded more like may
nephilimcat
woodland creature

That video killed me It was so frustrating, I literally scream-laughed. I wonder what everyone in the house is thinking now :wtf: I did not expect to find it so funny, I was so done with the impossible quiz. When I saw the video, I was like "nope" and almost decided to wait until tomorrow to watch it. Then I read a few comments about it and decided to give it a shot. I have to salute them, I'd rather go a day without food or spend some time in a freezer than put myself through something like that. I have no patience whatsoever.

I also can't believe that people actually round up their birthdays like that. I say that I'm almost the age I am going to be a few weeks before my birthday and that's it. I love how you never stop learning new things!

I need rest now, that video stressed me out so much, it's unreal
Last edited by nephilimcat on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pulvis et umbra sumus
papierklemmen
flower crown

Dan: "if you ship Scorbus, they're swapping a lot of fluids"

cool story bro
swofro
angel bean

Raspberrypi wrote:
swofro wrote:

Oh that's weird I didn't know that was a thing people did. But what if your birthday is towards the end of the year, would you still go by year? I turn 20 at the end of this year but I'd find it strange referring to myself as 20 nine months before I even turn that age
Yeap, they still does. I only grow out of the habit after I finish school though.
gnostic wrote: but whatever I am sticking with my time machine theory you can't take it fron meee

Dan and Phil are actual timelords is a fanfic I would read
Love is forever