Dan & Phil Part 39: There's no integrity here

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
eevee
emo goose

I LIVED for the conversation about if Dan was wearing sweatpants or going trouser-less. I am in the no pants camp, it just looks very leggy. Thank god he was wearing his black underwear (looked kinda like briefs to me?) because we would've gotten an accidental nude.

I really enjoyed the game cartridge video!! I thought it was adorable, lighthearted, and fun! It's the kind of Youtube stuff I like to watch. It seemed more like an AmazingPhil video, though, than DAPG. I mean I realize it has to do with games, but they're not actually playing anything, so I feel like it would've fit better on AP. thoughts?

Also the licking game cartridges video I think was a fun yet strategic choice. I think Dan and Phil have a feeling (and I do as well) that people will be intrigued by the news that the cartridges have a taste, and therefore Youtubers doing this will become a trend. Either way, they hopped on the bandwagon as early as possible, which is very important with things that interest internet users. You have to be very quick and in tune with what's going on to optimize interest and positive reactions. Deppy definitely learned this the hard way with Undertale. They took way too long to finish it and the views suffered.
Their first Underatle is at 3.5 mil.
Episode 2 dropped to 2.4mil.
Episode 4 dropped to 2mil.
Ep 8 is at 955k.
Ep 9 is at 847k.
Their final episode is at 1mil, but still nothing compared to the first one.

I think if they had milked Undertale as an internet trend at its prime instead of spreading it out so much, they would've gotten views to reflect that. I think they learned from this and are now trying to stay on top of popular and new things. Just playing Nintendo Switch games on the channel at all so early is an example of that too, i think (assuming they actually do it).

EDIT: so dan and phil pinned this comment:
Some people are answering her seriously (apparently not vegan) and others are convinced it's a joke, and some are giving her hate.

When I first saw it I took it seriously, as being vegan is a lifestyle, so if these cartridges aren't vegan, that would mean no vegans can buy these games. that would be quite a shame. Vegans take this stuff very seriously as silly as it may seem to others.

I hope that Dan and Phil took it seriously and pinned it to help people, because if they thought it was a joke, that would be a bit hurtful to those of us who do really care about these things. :\
Artdefines06 wrote:I love my husband, he's dreamy. I would not want to lick something he just licked two seconds ago. Outside of sex spit is weird. Don't ask me why.
Yeah, I think everyone has a different place on the scale of what they share that goes in their mouths. Some couples go as far as to share toothbrushes. Others I can imagine are more like Artdefines06. And there's everything in between, I can imagine.
Lucyrg95 wrote:what in domestication

That lil slow mo video was so great! Dan's aim is amazing, it hit Phil's head! And that dreamy hair flip.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
JoeAverage
sad dimple

eevee wrote: EDIT: so dan and phil pinned this comment:
Some people are answering her seriously (apparently not vegan) and others are convinced it's a joke, and some are giving her hate.

When I first saw it I took it seriously, as being vegan is a lifestyle, so if these cartridges aren't vegan, that would mean no vegans can buy these games. that would be quite a shame. Vegans take this stuff very seriously as silly as it may seem to others.

I hope that Dan and Phil took it seriously and pinned it to help people, because if they thought it was a joke, that would be a bit hurtful to those of us who do really care about these things.

Thats an interesting way of seeing it eeve, since I was completely sure that the comment was made as a jest, specially for the "I can't wait to taste it" part (like food), but you are right, it could also mean she meant "taste" as in try.

Either way I think people take things too personal, either it being a joke or not, they should let her do her thing and if don't agree just ignore.
Phil Lester is a genius
eevee
emo goose

JoeAverage wrote:Thats an interesting way of seeing it eeve, since I was completely sure that the comment was made as a jest, specially for the "I can't wait to taste it" part (like food), but you are right, it could also mean she meant "taste" as in try.

Either way I think people take things too personal, either it being a joke or not, they should let her do her thing and if don't agree just ignore.
Yeah the "I can't wait to taste them" part does imply it's a joke, also that she's already bought them shows that she isn't trying to figure out if she can buy them or not. Now I do feel like this is making fun of vegans so it doesn't make me super happy... vegans go through enough, man.

edit: i know that dan was vegan for a little while and respects vegans though so i'm confident no ill will is intended here :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
000dia000
emo goose

eevee wrote:
JoeAverage wrote:Thats an interesting way of seeing it eeve, since I was completely sure that the comment was made as a jest, specially for the "I can't wait to taste it" part (like food), but you are right, it could also mean she meant "taste" as in try.

Yeah the "I can't wait to taste them" part does imply it's a joke, also that she's already bought them shows that she isn't trying to figure out if she can buy them or not. Now I do feel like this is making fun of vegans so it doesn't make me super happy... vegans go through enough, man.

edit: i know that dan was vegan for a little while and respects vegans though so i'm confident no ill will is intended here :)
Nah, I'm pretty certain the context of this is in jest. While Dan is interested and respectful of the vegan lifestyle, the comment is pretty ridiculous and obviously a joke. You've got to have a little humour, and while some people might find this actually helpful because of vegans only using products that are vegan friendly. Look, I'm sorry, but vegan lifestyles are fine, but I'm not going to attack deppy for pinning this comment, this is next level ridiculous.
:cactus:
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

...I don't even know how to react. Good thing they posted it before it became irrelevant. Same with the video length - while watching it, it seems to be really short, which is nice because they went straight to the point and didn't dragged it that long.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That video was so stupid. I loved it.

But like... When did Dan say he'd stop saying "thicc"? I'm roughly 98% certain that was a promise Phil made. Dan and Phil confusing themselves with each other example #782
malday
emo goose

Just saw someone in the yt comments point out that in the thumbnail dan has the Zelda cartridge in his mouth. Phil licked the Zelda cartridge. So there you go.
mez29
procrastinator

Not sure how to feel on that video. On the one hand, I wish they'd play actual games on the gaming channel (when was the last time? spooky week?), but also I only watch their videos for the bants and the tenuous phan proof, which this one was all about. I'm probably just a hypocrite tbh
malday wrote:Just saw someone in the yt comments point out that in the thumbnail dan has the Zelda cartridge in his mouth. Phil licked the Zelda cartridge. So there you go.
Ooh, nice. (But also the thumbnail may be photoshopped—they were licking the other side of the cartridge in the video, right? so as not to moisten the contacts? I can't zoom in enough to judge)
karma_yeah
philussy

+1 team "Dan was totally in briefs in Phil's live show"

And I loved the licking video. I think Dan's talk about views was completely ironic, in his funny snarky way. I liked that they made it quickly while the topic is relevant, and while I love watching their longer videos (because I'm and could watch them do nothing all day), I thought the length was perfect. I'd love to see more quick, short, funny reactions to relevant topics. Also liked that Phil thought to change the "game" up with the berries.
rizzo wrote:That video was so stupid. I loved it.

But like... When did Dan say he'd stop saying "thicc"? I'm roughly 98% certain that was a promise Phil made. Dan and Phil confusing themselves with each other example #782
and Rizzo, you got that right!
What goes around, comes around Image
eevee
emo goose

000dia000 wrote:
eevee wrote: edit: i know that dan was vegan for a little while and respects vegans though so i'm confident no ill will is intended here :)
Nah, I'm pretty certain the context of this is in jest. While Dan is interested and respectful of the vegan lifestyle, the comment is pretty ridiculous and obviously a joke. You've got to have a little humour, and while some people might find this actually helpful because of vegans only using products that are vegan friendly. Look, I'm sorry, but vegan lifestyles are fine, but I'm not going to attack deppy for pinning this comment, this is next level ridiculous.
nah son no attacking goin on here it was more a comment on the reputation of vegans in general def not a knock to dan and phil :thumb:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

From Chris's liveshow today, at 35:35 he made a future Dan and Phil marriage joke:
"And it's gonna be such a fantastic future. Dan and Phil are gonna get married. We're all gonna have holograms. Oop- Um. I think there was some kind of something wrong there with the internet. I think it froze a little bit, sounds like I was saying something when I didn't.
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

I thought I wanted a danandphilasmr for April fools day but to be honest now I think I need a Phan V Food channel seriously I've had an awful day and that vid made me giggle, its silly and fun and I love them for it
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i loved that video! it was cute and hilarious and despite i didnt like the comment about dan not licking the same cartridge as phil (i understand, it'd be a bit odd for some people) it was still a good video otherwise.
:transheart:
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote:

From Chris's liveshow today, at 35:35 he made a future Dan and Phil marriage joke:
"And it's gonna be such a fantastic future. Dan and Phil are gonna get married. We're all gonna have holograms. Oop- Um. I think there was some kind of something wrong there with the internet. I think it froze a little bit, sounds like I was saying something when I didn't.
I wonder if, since Chris was the originator of the whole “Dan and Phil get married in 2022” thing, he was referencing that? Darn Chris though, I never know how to read him, honestly.
... let's talk about house plants.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Horse video - haven't and won't watch it, watched 5 mins of the first one and that was enough. The game play was boring and that's why I watch them, not for phan stuff, and I believe the second video game play will be just as shit as the first.

Nintendo licking video - watched about 10 times and loved it. Was nice to have a short video too with nooooo adverts. Funnily enough every advert that comes up for me is for tabinof! I really liked Dan whispering 'please subscribe'.

Dans arm vs leg = definitely arm! There is no way that was his leg at all.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
000dia000
emo goose

eevee wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
eevee wrote: edit: i know that dan was vegan for a little while and respects vegans though so i'm confident no ill will is intended here :)
nah son no attacking goin on here it was more a comment on the reputation of vegans in general def not a knock to dan and phil :thumb:
(Sorry I was a bit harsh, I just thought that that there was large backlash from people about this. Sorry, no problem.)
:cactus:
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

missemma wrote:Funnily enough every advert that comes up for me is for tabinof!
I've never had a single advert for Tabinof :wtf:
:D
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

missemma wrote:Nintendo licking video - watched about 10 times and loved it. Was nice to have a short video too with nooooo adverts. Funnily enough every advert that comes up for me is for tabinof! I really liked Dan whispering 'please subscribe'.
Me too! Is it doing that for everyone?

Edit:
SexyTrashCan wrote:
Ah, apparently it's not happening to everyone then.

Well, good for them - they get the ad revenue, AND the money from audiobook purchases, AND it's relevant to the audience's interests.
But if it's their own book they're advertising, did that lessen the cost of the advert for Audible? So maybe they don't get so much ad revenue from the ads, as it's about them? I know on average they must earn $3 to every 1000 views according to Google Adsense stats, but do some ads pay more than others? I know nothing about how much power they (or any YouTubers in general) have when it comes to what ads plays on their videos. :?
The_Blonde
living flop

SexyTrashCan wrote:
It's literally the only advert I've had on youtube for the past few weeks! I could probably recite it from memory by now

(I actually don't mind that much because I oddly like Phil's voice in it )
Hrududu
smol bean

Just the idea of them making a video of them licking the cartridges made me laugh out loud.

On the leg gate, that was totally an arm that got flashed and then his grey tracksuit bottoms.

I like how we had God knows how many pages of people giving out that Phil was bored when watching Moonlight. But nothing about how he said they all thought it should win Best Picture at the Oscars party. I wonder if he threw that in there due to lurking and seeing his 'bored' comment scrutinised?
Vivastian
crusty sponge

On the subject of Dan's pants-ness:

[gif credit to gigs]

It seems to me that Dan flashes both an arm and a hint of leg, personally.
GG wrote:*the site that shall not be named, ty
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Vivastian wrote:On the subject of Dan's pants-ness:

[gif credit to gigs]

It seems to me that Dan flashes both an arm and a hint of leg, personally.

Okay I was unconvinced before but the slowed down gif sold me on the leg theory.

I thought the leg at the end was too gray to be anything but sweatpants, except - the very obviously an arm in the first frame is gray too... because it's under the blanket.

arm, but looks gray bc under the blanket:

leg/thigh, but looks gray bc under the blanket (and actually looks more skin tone than his arm to begin with, because it's not completely under the blanket):

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I think I've done this right (never made a gif like this before, over a decade since I made a small animation).

It's hard to see at first, but his grey sweatpants are just in the right sliver of the screen with his arm on the left as he pushes up from the floor, then his leg and bum (soz, Dan, but it's not the easiest leg shape to see) are there in the sweatpants on the right for a moment as he walks off, after the blanket has swooshed round.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

Have you noticed that in the last two videos, they actually made a note of drinking water? I know the whole "stay hydrated" but I meant more to the fact that they're not drinking Ribena,
iero
phabergé

Ilovethemohyesido wrote:Have you noticed that in the last two videos, they actually made a note of drinking water? I know the whole "stay hydrated" but I meant more to the fact that they're not drinking Ribena,
prob being healthier as they're working out and stuff but i wouldn't be surprised if they just got sick of it..i'm surprised they weren't sick of drinking it long ago