Dan & Phil Part 41: what in domestication

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
whoknows
crusty sponge

I'm actually impressed by 14 yr old Phil, I wouldn't have had the patience to do that. Glad Dan seemed very supportive and proud of him. They both look good and are scaring me by staying on top of the gaming channel. I really want to make a who tops comment now but will refrain.

Ofc today would be the day I have to come back to idb, just reminds me how many years I have been in this phandom and all the shamefullness of it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

whoknows wrote:I'm actually impressed by 14 yr old Phil, I wouldn't have had the patience to do that. Glad Dan seemed very supportive and proud of him. They both look good and are scaring me by staying on top of the gaming channel. I really want to make a who tops comment now but will refrain.

Ofc today would be the day I have to come back to idb, just reminds me how many years I have been in this phandom and all the shamefullness of it.

(three pairs of phan goggles, in case you lose one or two)
whoknows
crusty sponge

alittledizzy wrote:

(three pairs of phan goggles, in case you lose one or two)
I would smack you but ya you know I may need a few pair to get back deep into the phandom. Also I almost forgot how to quote.

Also Jesp thelurking mod....your fit,just thought I would remind you.
jesp
why bother

whoknows wrote:Also Jesp thelurking mod....your fit,just thought I would remind you.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

Happy Birthday IDB! I'm only here for a few months, but I do enjoy my stay here! Here's hoping we'll make it through 2017

Now, the new vid... They're just such adorable little shits. That's all I could think of when I watched the vids multiple times in a row. I mean... just look at them the entire video! They're so happy together, and Dan is, like, so proud of Phil that he can't stop himself from complimenting Phil after every few minutes! And Phil is so happy that Dan is enjoying the game that he created! It is no doubt that they will get along well when they were still 14 year olds (though, that's impossible - in another universe, maybe).
Their two new DAPG vids is probably my favorite content of theirs in DAPG; it even topped Bubble Bobble! They're so cute, and adorable, and Dan is just so proud of Phil, and Phil is so happy that Dan gets all the references, and that Dan is genuinely enjoying it. It's so good to see them like this, and... the threesome joke inserted in there ;) I mean, we all know that Philly is not that innocent, but it's nice to see some confirmation about it once in a while ;)
Also... Can we comment on the plushies? ._. Why did they left it like that, I wonder Or why did they even uploaded the second video immediately after the first one Is it because of IDB? Phil's first official video uploaded on YT? New project? What if their new project is an RPG-Dating Sim game about them? (Just joking, but... you know ;) )

These two can be very creative, and I hope that they'll show more of their creativeness this 2017
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

CallMeAyana wrote: Also... Can we comment on the plushies? ._. Why did they left it like that, I wonder Or why did they even uploaded the second video immediately after the first one Is it because of IDB? Phil's first official video uploaded on YT? New project? What if their new project is an RPG-Dating Sim game about them? (Just joking, but... you know ;) )
This paragraph honestly gives me life.
I showed my boyfriend the plushies and was like "DOESN'T IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE HOLDING HANDS"
and he said, "eh... I'm not so sure about that..."
my dreams were crushed.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
gnostic
stress mushroom

/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:
CallMeAyana wrote: Also... Can we comment on the plushies? ._. Why did they left it like that, I wonder Or why did they even uploaded the second video immediately after the first one Is it because of IDB? Phil's first official video uploaded on YT? New project? What if their new project is an RPG-Dating Sim game about them? (Just joking, but... you know ;) )
This paragraph honestly gives me life.
I showed my boyfriend the plushies and was like "DOESN'T IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE HOLDING HANDS"
and he said, "eh... I'm not so sure about that..."
my dreams were crushed.
Welcome to experiencing how most non-biased outsiders view most of phan proof stuff. i've been there

This is a joke no need to take it seriously
Just here for the marketing skills
basictrashfan
crusty sponge

SexyTrashCan wrote:Holy crap Alex really already is on Akinator. Took 33 questions :wtf:
When I tried to do him on Akinator I got this.

I even got "Was your character created by AmazingPhil?" I wonder what Akinator was thinking.

Edit: Tried it again with Emily and she was also there.
And apparently so are all of these characters.
hit me up on the tumbs
@basictrashfan
momoroki
glabella

I'm so late to the party omg - happy birthday IDB! I've only been here for 3 months, but it's been great.
I fell asleep halfway through the video, so my thoughts on it are a bit jumbled but basically :cute video, cutesy bants, cute bf howell complimenting phil. When the "they've got nothing to hide" comment came up I immediately was like
That plot twist though, the thought of lil Phil making this and then now millions of people being able to see it is so cute tbh. still screaming over that threesome joke also, when the skeleton said something like "NOW COME ENTER MY BROTHER" and I was so distracted by the lack of commas that I didn't pick up that Alex was the skeleton's brother,, smh
nephilimcat
woodland creature

trashqueen wrote:
re: the emily thing, i would love for it to be some kind of commentary on pointless female rpg characters but i think it's far more likely it was just teen!phil internalized sexism, bc if it was sth else i would have expected some kind of plot twist that made emily a really powerful character at the end.
Yeah, this makes the most sense, it's not like he was a super woke teen™ that was not at all influenced by society.
CallMeAyana wrote: What if their new project is an RPG-Dating Sim game about them?

I think you solved it! My Lion Prince - Boy in love with a human-faced lion. Seeming silly and ironic, it is meant to reveal the truth about their furry nature and deep romantic love for each other. It ends with them getting married and Dan transforming into a human-faced llama. I just wanted to bring back the lion/llama branding :gg:
fancybum wrote:
These two vids. Were so. Everything. Fun, funny, sweet, typo-laden, nostalgic. Ahhhh. I kind of don't want to even bring anything up to focus on because just overall they were so great? I don't know how Phil has never brought this up before. All that said though, I just need to talk about the threesome thing. Yeah, he was 14, it doesn't need to mean anything, nothing ever really needs to mean anything. But it's so interesting to me that at 14 he included the specific line 'Wanna join me and my boyfriend tonight' in a game he knew he would be playing with a group of his friends. It could have been the angel by itself, or he could have made that walking man character offer himself/other girl character offer herself, essentially making the specifics the player's choice. But the one option offered was the angel and her boyfriend in a package deal. And maybe it was intended to be funny in a 'lol random sex' kind of way, but the boyfriend being part of it was so matter of fact? Like 'thanks you were great' is just the end of it. The main male character in the game just had sex with an angel and her boyfriend and now it's time to continue the quest or whatever, nbd. I'm having lots of emotions about Phil being a lovely human right now. More than usual. And amplifying those feelings is him just casually reasserting it in the video.

Dan: "...We just had a threesome with an angel"
Phil: "An angel and her boyfriend"

Again: nothing to overly focus on, but also nothing that needs to be glossed over, just nbd. No offense, UK, but I've got some dark grey image in my mind of growing up in 'the north' that involves a lot of repression and bullying if you don't stick to expectations (I mean, it's the same growing up.. anywhere. but for some reason I assume it's more pronounced for that area) and the thought of Phil having a group of friends at 14 that he felt comfortable putting that in as just a thing that happens in the game is just a nice little addition to the puzzle of Phil, both past and present. And yeah it's such a small thing, and such a small part of this whole game (which again, was just a joy to watch? I might even place it above Bubble Bobble and that's my shit right there), but I love it a lot. I love lamp.

I agree, I think a teenage boy including a MMF threesome in his self-made game in 2001 is quite unusual. Thinking this means nothing at all, is what I'd call being in denial. And if just indicates that he was more open and/or curious. There was nothing no homo about it, he didn't make Alex automatically refuse because a boy was in it too, didn't make him say that he'd only be in it if there were two girls, didn't make two female angels invite Alex for a threesome, and didn't even say it in a LOLL SECKS way. A kid could play it and wouldn't even notice that it was referencing a threesome. What kind of straight, male teen in 2001 would have done that? I don't even think many male teens (straight and closeted alike) would do that now. It's quite telling, imo.
pulvis et umbra sumus
Philena
blobfish

Late to respond, but I had to take some time to process. Mark of the Oxin was incredible. I am speechless. Just when I think I could not possibly love Phil anymore, he pulls this out his back pocket. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.

Also, happy belated bd idb
000dia000
emo goose

Well, didn't really think that I'd be contributing to a threesome discussion, but here I am. People do have MFM threesome's as in, the men kind of do the girl, it's not an equal three way thing lol so it doesn't necessarily mean bisexuality, I won't go into specifics of how the two guys would avoid no-homoing though, I'd leave that to the imagination. I think it was more so Phil's after-comment of the boyfriend being involved that indicates something more in the situation. Phil stresses the "angel AND her boyfriend" not having sex with the angel with the boyfriend there also having sex, there was clearly an AND involved
:cactus:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

000dia000 wrote:Well, didn't really think that I'd be contributing to a threesome discussion, but here I am. People do have MFM threesome's as in, the men kind of do the girl, it's not an equal three way thing lol so it doesn't necessarily mean bisexuality, I won't go into specifics of how the two guys would avoid no-homoing though, I'd leave that to the imagination. I think it was more so Phil's after-comment of the boyfriend being involved that indicates something more in the situation. Phil stresses the "angel AND her boyfriend" not having sex with the angel with the boyfriend there also having sex, there was clearly an AND involved
I agree that adds context, yep. I think people are factoring that in when pointing out that it means something! Without that there would be more debate, but since current Phil provided the context and he'd be the authority in it, the alternative interpretations don't mean much and we can keep on analyzing what it meant that 14 yo Phil included it.
psychicmoth
living flop

Super late to the party but happy birthday IDB

The last couple of videos are my new favourite thing, they make so happy and sad, how those nerds can make each other smile and laugh so much? Dan was SO proud, I can't wait to hear again all those praises to Phil's game in his liveshow, he is such a supportive boyfriend, be ready and prepare your demon reactions pics.

The threesome thing left me shocked in the better way possible, I want to thank Phil for providing context as 000dia000 pointed out; "and her boyfriend" seemed to be just a funny little clarification, but it was important, so thanks Phil for my life. Also, I think is incredible to see how comfortable he feels now about sharing sexual comments like that one, I never expected to hear him talking about a threesome so casually, it seemed almost impossible only a year ago o even 6 months ago, but here we are. I love character development.

And this little bit made me cry
[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/-jo ... 8860938291" data-did="9998522a2b4db84b9f801f75888350cd96fcd6ec">[/tumblr]
P: We're there. I can see our house
D: Awww

just
kill me
how they can love each other that much
ugh

I can't wait for a new DanAndPhilCrafts video btw! I would like to watch something different this year, but since they seem pretty busy and tired I'll try not to have high expectations.

*goes back to lurking and keeps destroying her hand- I mean drawing*
(used to be Maya)
:sparkle: :crystalball: :sparkle:
bee
phabergé

I am also late but happy birthday IDB!

Now that everyone is almost expecting it, a DanandPhilCRAFTS video will not be much of a surprise now though. NOT uploading one would be.
mio
#relatable

bee wrote:I am also late but happy birthday IDB!

Now that everyone is almost expecting it, a DanandPhilCRAFTS video will not be much of a surprise now though. NOT uploading one would be.
I had this weird though about april fool's today, like wouldn't it be the best kind of surprise if they'd upload something everybody takes as a joke bc it's april 1st duh, but the real prank is that it's actually real?
e.g. a totally overboard anouncement of their big new project (rpg????) or a house tour of their new home cribz style, or....an actual valentines day video
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I might be alone on this one, but I don't want another DanandPhilCRAFTS video. It's not a prank anymore, if we're all expecting it. I need them to pull something wild, like borrow a friend's dog and tell us they got one. Or announce that they're releasing a line of nail decals. I want something new and ridiculous.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

mio wrote:
bee wrote: e.g. a totally overboard anouncement of their big new project (rpg????) or a house tour of their new home cribz style, or....an actual valentines day video
Voldy 2.0... yikes
:D
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

A day late but IDB
Oh, and I love Phil.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
DatCog
blobfish

Looks like D&P ventured outside today! Gosh I'm loving Dan's hair in these pics
(retweeted by @updatedphan)

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to IDB...in a few short months I have become addicted to this wonderful place!!
swofro
angel bean

DatCog wrote:Looks like D&P ventured outside today! Gosh I'm loving Dan's hair in these pics

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to IDB...in a few short months I have become addicted to this wonderful place!!
I can't take my eyes away from Phil's eyes. They're so blue and captivating. Ugh

Also another Phil in black when he is out and about not wanting to be spotted proof
Love is forever
hunnyftw
phabergé

Warning: a heavily hair-related post. Seriously there's ~like literally~ nothing more to it. soz.
DatCog wrote:Looks like D&P ventured outside today! Gosh I'm loving Dan's hair in these pics
Firstly, I'm loving Dan's hair too. AND I'll even go as far as to say I'm loving his shaved sides when he's going full on hobbithair. I thought that day would never come, I'm usually a full-on team #noshavedsidesthankyouverymuch.

Secondly, I'm loving the silver-purple hair on this girl even more. And the yellow is gorgeous too. Basically, I don't get what she's on about in her first tweet; she's providing a wonderful pop o colour in this photo. If anything, it makes for a better composition :D
Jeez louise, I'm sorry if it looks like I'm rudely commenting on her looks too much, I'm really trying not to. I just love the colours that she provides, if that makes sense.
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

hunnyftw wrote:Warning: a heavily hair-related post. Seriously there's ~like literally~ nothing more to it. soz.
Firstly, I'm loving Dan's hair too. AND I'll even go as far as to say I'm loving his shaved sides when he's going full on hobbithair. I thought that day would never come, I'm usually a full-on team #noshavedsidesthankyouverymuch.

Secondly, I'm loving the silver-purple hair on this girl even more. And the yellow is gorgeous too. Basically, I don't get what she's on about in her first tweet; she's providing a wonderful pop o colour in this photo. If anything, it makes for a better composition :D
Jeez louise, I'm sorry if it looks like I'm rudely commenting on her looks too much, I'm really trying not to. I just love the colours that she provides, if that makes sense.
TBH I looked at the girl before I looked at deppy... she's so beautiful. Her hair + her face + her outfit = wow
Dan's hair makes me wanna cry it's so pretty. I'm so glad he's embraced the hobbit hair.
And Phil... my sweet Phil... He is so handsome
I am always on Phil Lester's side
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

That girl is stunning
:D
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

This is cute.

Phil on the pics. Especially the last one.

Dan looks really cute too.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?