Dan & Phil Part 41: what in domestication

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Philena
blobfish

cherrybomb3 wrote:
phanaconda wrote:I don't know if anyone already mentioned it but Felix uploaded a really long interview a few days ago where he talks about lots of stuff, and I found some of the stuff he said about his relationship with Marzia really interesting, especially because of some possible similarities with deppy's relationship and more specifically an argument in favour of voldy's veracity:
https://youtu.be/D_c4uruJV2U

It's around the 11 minute mark. He basically said that he used to sent her videos of him and that he uploaded those on his channel as private videos, and also that he used to spend time making those videos as if they were normal videos on his channel so they weren't just quick messages. He even says that some of those videos are still privated on his channel, which he comments that it's dangerous.

Even though it doesn't prove that voldy was real at all, it actually proves that youtubers used to sent private videos on their channels to loved ones, which is something that I've seen some people completely dismiss as something that "noone would do since it is stupid and dangerous" while discussing voldy. So at least we can now agree that it wasn't uncommon at all for youtubers to do such a thing in those days, which in the end serves as just another argument in favour of voldy's veracity.

that and the fact that everything in it can be and has been verified by people much smarter than me
Yup. I also thought Felix's Wonderwall video for Marzia was accidentally unprivated, but I could be wrong.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

pearshaped34 wrote:They might have news but another reason why they often do a joint liveshow is when one of them is going to miss a few of their own in a row so it could just be that Dan knows he can't make next Tuesday too.
Their Australia con stuff is just over two weeks away, so they will most likely be missing a few in a row then too.
momoroki
glabella

[offtopic]RiRiPandaHeart2 CallMeAyana YO I'm also Filipino! I moved to Aus when I was 7 tho, but we still have a similar timezone (I think we're 2 hours ahead?). Anyway, sorry, I always get really excited when I see other Filipinos on websites/in general haha.[/offtopic]

Real hyped for the joint liveshow! Dammit, of course it would come on Friday here, when I can't watch it live. Maybe I can wake up early... maybe.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

This man needs a dog
:D
onetruetrash
blobfish

cherrybomb3 wrote:
phanaconda wrote:I don't know if anyone already mentioned it but Felix uploaded a really long interview a few days ago where he talks about lots of stuff, and I found some of the stuff he said about his relationship with Marzia really interesting, especially because of some possible similarities with deppy's relationship and more specifically an argument in favour of voldy's veracity:
https://youtu.be/D_c4uruJV2U

It's around the 11 minute mark. He basically said that he used to sent her videos of him and that he uploaded those on his channel as private videos, and also that he used to spend time making those videos as if they were normal videos on his channel so they weren't just quick messages. He even says that some of those videos are still privated on his channel, which he comments that it's dangerous.

Even though it doesn't prove that voldy was real at all, it actually proves that youtubers used to sent private videos on their channels to loved ones, which is something that I've seen some people completely dismiss as something that "noone would do since it is stupid and dangerous" while discussing voldy. So at least we can now agree that it wasn't uncommon at all for youtubers to do such a thing in those days, which in the end serves as just another argument in favour of voldy's veracity.

that and the fact that everything in it can be and has been verified by people much smarter than me
I don't know if it's considered an invasion to discuss that video, but I just wanted to mention something because I haven't seen anyone else point it out. In one of Phil's videos about his childhood horror movie, I can't remember which, he mentioned that one of the buildings in the background was an abandoned hospital and he mentioned him and Dan being there in the video. Just saying that that it could be more proof that it was real because no one would know about that building as far as the internet goes. Maybe this is old news, but I haven't seen it mentioned before. Once again, I'm not trying to be invasive, just saying.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil liked a bunch of Mark of Oxin fanart on tumblr and twitter. I think this one is my favorite:

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/Skp ... 8851183937" data-did="a2bbbb07a8d15abb62424dc1ec09b987c17f2015">[/tumblr]
houseplant
squish

SexyTrashCan wrote: This man needs a dog
dog and house baiting again? before a joint ls? it could be nothing, it could be everything...
jhamba wrote:
houseplant wrote:callmeayana jhamba the other rps i follow are j2 (controversial, that) and ziam (also controversial) so yeah, i guess, despite missing most of deppy drama, i'm more or less well-versed in what goes on with closeted relationships. i should have mentioned that, too, but my first reaction was definitely the fanfic-like part of it and it was only when i looked deeper that i was able to use my "experience".

off to sleep. i'll be eagerly waiting for time stamps of dan's ls (which, tbh, i also thought was an exaggeration with the whole 'me and phil, we, us, phil, phil' joke until i found fancybum's ls mention counter
I think I'm judging you more for keeping up with j2 bc it's so irrelevant now. Also, with that background, I can see why deppy seem so different to you than other rps. it's really not much of a reach to believe they're canon after those ships (although, I totally think jensen ackles is bi, and had a fling with misha collins and his wife)
yeah compared to the other rps ships out there that people truly believe they're together, deppy, personally speaking, have much more weight when it comes to being canon. but yeah, I am glad that i didn't get into deppy back in 2012 and up because i was in so deep with ziam that yeahhhh i was literally depressed when shit hit the roof. also, next serious question (sorry for the bother), but "insiders" in this phandom, do they exist? because instead of bringing together fandoms, they usually just cause chaos and general mistrust.

[offtopic]momoroki, so nice to find other pinoys here, it's awesome[/offtopic]
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

As things are a bit quiet, I thought I'd mention that phangate (now at phangate-reborn) has been posting (entertainingly) again. Apparently, yet another Tumblr blog is posting supposed info about hacked Deppy accounts, and phangate got drawn into the fray. They are having fun with it and doing a good job of dragging the other blog in the process.

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/pMI ... 8904139178" data-did="9db350459f6566ed257601dbb9e745cabf11f3a9">[/tumblr]
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i was obsessed with deppy back in 2012 up until 2013 or early 2014 i think at least and it wasn't too bad, but its probably bc i was only 13-15 at the time

what the heck is this whole phangate stuff..is it a parody thing or what o.o;
:transheart:
majitzu
angel bean

Phangate was the most fun we have with the phandom in the year. This is how we discovered Phil had 2 wifes and a kid. Deppy talked about ot in their liveshows
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

It be great if phangate post something really whacky on April Fools day ;)
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

It'll be great to see Deppy collaborating with Phangate ;)
[offtopic]Same here! I'm just so happy to see other people from my country! [/offtopic]
houseplant
squish

CallMeAyana wrote:It'll be great to see Deppy collaborating with Phangate ;)
[offtopic]Same here! I'm just so happy to see other people from my country! [/offtopic]
i was just thinking this. or, like, deppy reveal that they're the ones behind phangate and do that thing where they go, 'but are we? yeah we are...' and phil with his amazing poker-face just shaking his head and nodding in counterpoint to dan.

also, this, basically

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/Fvj ... 8935830449" data-did="c40012450c1eb0927709eabec1ad6ddab975828d">[/tumblr]

and i was SOOO looking forward to that exact thing damn daniel
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The more I think about it, the more I think that they might just be pre-filming right now. I mean, I do think there's a secret project in the works, but I'm no longer confident that it's what is making them cancel the liveshows currently.

Australia cons are April 15/17, and Playlist Live is May 5-7. Between then (or possibly before Aus con, since they didn't really clarify) they also plan on spending extra time in Hong Kong, and Phil has a family vacation (I assume in Florida, which may mean it happens either before or after Playlist.)

They're about to basically be traveling for a month, and since youtube is (as far as we know) their biggest moneymaker this year (no books, no tours, no merch table at shows) I imagine keeping up the 2-3 videos a week schedule is gonna be pretty important to them. They need to have anywhere from 10-15 videos banked, depending on how long they're really gone, plus main channel ones unless they put those up before they leave.
pilotlight
#relatable

Butch Hartman made a video where he drew a bunch of different youtubers in the style of his Fairly Odd Parents and he included .
Starts at 1:01 for their part:
Or just the final product:
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

pilotlight wrote:Butch Hartman made a video where he drew a bunch of different youtubers in the style of his Fairly Odd Parents and he included .
Starts at 1:01 for their part:
Or just the final product:
Wow... deppy as a pair of Fairly Oddparents... Would that mean that they are married and are the fairies for some kid? Dil perhaps?

Butch Hartman ships phan confirmed
I am always on Phil Lester's side
jhamba
procrastinator

houseplant wrote:also, next serious question (sorry for the bother), but "insiders" in this phandom, do they exist? because instead of bringing together fandoms, they usually just cause chaos and general mistrust.
This forum was kind of created because of someone who claimed to be an "insider" on GG (and eventually was promoted to mod). So, yeah, don't trust insiders unless they have solid proof. Especially if they get mad when they're questioned
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

with regards to voldy, are there any convincing arguments that would justify the idea that it was made as a joke or anything like that? i like to go through the falsification process before i totally commit to a things veracity
000dia000
emo goose

cherrybomb3 wrote:with regards to voldy, are there any convincing arguments that would justify the idea that it was made as a joke or anything like that? i like to go through the falsification process before i totally commit to a things veracity
honestly, in my opinion, there's more evidence to prove that it is real, than it isn't
the only thing that people say makes them think it's fake, is the behaviour Phil has in the video, some say he acts too cheesy/reading off of a script/too "perfect" (how there was a literal trail of evidence from twitter and dailybooth to support events mentioned in the video)

however, these things can be discredited by, Phil being a generally cheesy person, him ACTUALLY writing a script/bullet pointed things he wanted to say for him to stay on point and make what he say sound more earnest than thrown together (this IS a video, not a letter, it's harder to redraft what has already been said).

Also, the trail they left on twitter, makes sense, in that they were constantly tweeting at the time, they couldn't shit without you hearing about it
:cactus:
DatCog
blobfish

Oooh this was a surprise!
Edited to use Twitter link instead
Last edited by DatCog on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Edit: Oops the link above didn'tshow up
Pleasant surprise :D
Last edited by SexyTrashCan on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:D
simmehchan
butt chair

Cushionstack.com that Phil mentioned in the video redirects to danandphilshop.com. I am impressed.

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

I really enjoyed this video! I find stuff like this very interesting. I am a bit disappointed that his DNA wasn't more interesting lol but the Neanderthal bit cracked me up!
I am always on Phil Lester's side
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I really enjoyed that video.

Now we know that Phil is more neanderthal than the average European.
DatCog
blobfish

I sneeze if I look at the sun...I also sneeze if I drink Baileys (alcoholic beverage made with cream & whiskey, for those unfamiliar). Never knew it was my genetics that caused it!

Nice little video, thanks Phil :thumb: