Phanfiction recs to warm us on lonely nights

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

somethingsketchy wrote:
Susanisnotafish wrote:
somethingsketchy wrote:I am bringing you two WIP recs today. The first one is all sorts of not sleeping by kay_okay. There are currently only two chapters available, but since they work well as one-shots, you should give this fic a go even if you don't usually read WIPs.

The other one is The Serenity Prayer by TwistedRocketPower. It is a YouTuber AU where Phil is the AmazingPhil we all know and love and Dan is a Christian vlogger. They meet at a YouTube convention and become friends (and I am assuming the story is heading in the romance direction). I don't usually go for this kind of fic where one of the pairing is religious and the other one isn't because it can easily turn disrespectful of people's personal faith, but the author really seems to know what they are writing about. So far the story has been gripping and characters well-written. Also, the author has a track record of updating regularly and finishing their works, which is why I feel like I can recommend this even though it isn't finished yet.
These are both really good! Found this one today that I enjoyed. What We've Been Hiding-Secret Project and More! by tooqueerforyou on AO3. (Sorry, can't link on my tablet.)
Here's the link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/11659020
Ah, sweet wish-fulfillment.
Thanks for the link! Here's another good fic I read today:. Tall Tourists in Singapore by Natigail on AO3. They linked all the beautiful Singapore fics and wrote backstory. Not too shippy, very realistic.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
nerdysporks
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her or they/them

I don't know if these have been already posted but I adore them

Here's Where I Feel Safe: http://ficster28.tumblr.com/post/504266 ... -feel-safe (a fic about DnP's early relationship, basically, but /really/ well done)

A Dementor's Kiss: http://archiveofourown.org/works/178527 ... rs/3849472 (one of the best Harry Potter AUs I've ever read. There's also a good podfic of it at http://ficster28.tumblr.com/post/790705 ... ing-that-a)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

holy shit if you want something filthygorgeous go read The Other Phil by iihappydaysii
gnostic
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote:holy shit if you want something filthygorgeous go read The Other Phil by iihappydaysii
You need Jesus

I need Jesus

We all need him and ain't that a glorious thing
Just here for the marketing skills
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Hello! i'm going to recommend a WIP that it's amazing! I don't know if you are into the omegaverse thing, but this is incredible. It's called Heaven Scent by snowbunnylester they are the writer of Venus's Looking Glass (i love it).
It's on AO3. http://archiveofourown.org/works/11682513
I hope i'm doing the link thing right

Thanks to this thread a fell down hard down the phanfiction rabbit hole.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm sure you all follow dizzy's work religiously, but just in case you don't, here is a beautiful fic about 2009!Dan talking to his mum about Phil. It's so heartwarming and made my day better :)

in the light of day
http://archiveofourown.org/works/11804130
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I'm pretty sure a lot of the people here have already read it, but in case some people were holding out til it was done, I'm happy to announce that
(Steal My Heart, Steal My Whole Life Too) by INeverHadMyInternetPhase and Snowbunnylester (formerly Insanityplays) has now been completed! So to anyone who hasn't read it, do read it. It's one of the best AUs I've ever read. :D
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Veritine
tol bean

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:I'm pretty sure a lot of the people here have already read it, but in case some people were holding out til it was done, I'm happy to announce that
(Steal My Heart, Steal My Whole Life Too) by INeverHadMyInternetPhase and Snowbunnylester (formerly Insanityplays) has now been completed! So to anyone who hasn't read it, do read it. It's one of the best AUs I've ever read. :D
I've been waiting for it to finish before diving in, so this is great news! Thanks RiRiPandaHeart2 for posting that :-)
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Because You and I Shine. It's a short read but it was so good. It provides an interesting take on Dan's POV about people thinking that he can do better than Phil. <3

credits to Galactic_Howell who posted this on Twitter, so I was able to read it. <3
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
Lain
eclipse shirt

Lain wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:17 pm The second is Exogenesis Symphony (the WIP) - A friends to lovers vampire fic.
It's complete now (with 12 chapters instead of 10), save an epilogue, and it's one of the best things I've ever read. :love1:
Lain
eclipse shirt

Lain wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:06 pm
Lain wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:17 pm The second is Exogenesis Symphony (the WIP) - A friends to lovers vampire fic.
It's complete now (with 11 chapters instead of 10), save an epilogue, and it's one of the best things I've ever read. :love1:
The_Blonde
living flop

Lain wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:06 pm
It's complete now (with 12 chapters instead of 10), save an epilogue, and it's one of the best things I've ever read. :love1:
Oh my GOODNESS - what a fic. Some of the best writing I've read in this fandom, I can't even begin to start writing a comment on it yet. Thank you for reccing because I would never have found it otherwise!
Lain
eclipse shirt

I know! I wouldn't shut up about this fic for so long and even my greatest irl avid-fic reader friend probably wanted me to chill. I put off commenting for so long because how do you even articulate¿? after reading 400,000 words of pure beauty? In the end my comment was a mess, but I had to leave it.

Anyway I'm so glad you loved it too! I was hoping more IDBers (& lurkers!) would read it!
000dia000
emo goose

Lain wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 pm I know! I wouldn't shut up about this fic for so long and even my greatest irl avid-fic reader friend probably wanted me to chill. I put off commenting for so long because how do you even articulate¿? after reading 400,000 words of pure beauty? In the end my comment was a mess, but I had to leave it.

Anyway I'm so glad you loved it too! I was hoping more IDBers (& lurkers!) would read it!
I was actually waiting until they completed the story entirely to rec it here, it's such an amazing read, it's so complex and amazing to read. Everyone should go read it. I'm pretty sure though that they have another chapter in the works, or so they say, a more "final" epilogue. I think? I will probably post in this thread again when they have published it.
:cactus:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

life is what happens by waveydnp is everything I could have ever wanted in (about-to-become) Parent!Phan.

This ficlet about Dan's mild jealousy from today's Phil/Tom Daley exchange by @queerofcups is a masterpiece.

And in that vein so is this ficlet from @alittledizzy that made me emotional in a record-breaking number of words.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I highly recommend @nihilist-toothpaste's newest fic english countryside - 08.25.17 - it's a beautiful introspective piece about Dan and Phil's trip back from Edinburgh to London last month, it's all very in-character and believable, I loved it <3
rizzo wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:50 am life is what happens by waveydnp is everything I could have ever wanted in (about-to-become) Parent!Phan.
I loved this so much, it was obvious the author was writing from experience and that really made the fic shine. Genuinely a fascinating read, and a must-read if you're into thinking about dnp as parents :')
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

i'm not in the swing of things (yet) by luminaryhowell - best Dan-at-uni slice of life fic I've read yet, hands down. the detail and the email and the characterization are all spot on.
sparkle
blobfish

When It Rains It Pours by wordsongs

This is so good - so so so so so good. Its extremely graphic though (the content warnings are needed) but ugh it made me feel so many different things. Like the entire time i've been reading it I've wanted to go down to London and give the two of them big hugs :sobs: and its not even real. Its not even FINISHED yet and I'm a mess :lol:

(it feels like Dans headspace is accurate, I've had a few things happen to me that have really deeply affected me and the way the author has written Dans reactions and thoughts feels like someone wrote down the overarching feelings and then attributed words to them. Like i'm really scared of the dark after a few things that happened in 2014 and one part is written about Dan being scared of the dark and thats EXACTLY how it feels)

please someone else read this so I can talk with them about it :love1: - this is literally in my top 3 fics of all time (and one of them has been there since 2007 so you know this is good :stan:)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I read this: hearts like ours earlier today and it was so gorgeous - a really beautiful exploration of the 2009 era and the early stages of falling in love :love2:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Sorry to double-post but everyone should read Holy Roller (Roll Over Me) by the amazing cosmogeny, I have no idea how they managed to write such an incredible, poignant fic in such a short amount of time but they did, and it's brilliant. A beautiful snapshot of Dan and Phil roller blading, 10/10 would recommend :love1:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Definitely seconding the Holly Roller fic rec, plus these:

in the violet hour by commonemergency
rolling dance and glitter by waveydnp
some untitled phanthony brilliance by @queerofcups​
some untitled glitter Spain sex from @iihappydaysii​
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Guys, I hope you can help me out! I'm looking for a fic that I found in this thread but didn't bookmark. I've gone through all 600 replies in here already but I must have missed it.

It was posted on ao3 as protected (so you need to be logged in to see it and Google doesn't find it) and it was about Dan and Phil buying a cottage somewhere out in the countryside that they continue to refurbish when they have time. It's a bit longer and multi-chaptered.

Hope that someone with well organised bookmarks can help out! I know there's a Tumblr dedicated to helping people find fics again but I don't have an account or really understand the platform.
Flomy
sofa crease

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:09 pm Guys, I hope you can help me out! I'm looking for a fic that I found in this thread but didn't bookmark. I've gone through all 600 replies in here already but I must have missed it.

It was posted on ao3 as protected (so you need to be logged in to see it and Google doesn't find it) and it was about Dan and Phil buying a cottage somewhere out in the countryside that they continue to refurbish when they have time. It's a bit longer and multi-chaptered.

Hope that someone with well organised bookmarks can help out! I know there's a Tumblr dedicated to helping people find fics again but I don't have an account or really understand the platform.
It might be this one!?

https://archiveofourown.org/works/67955 ... s/15519862

I read it and (if I remember correctly) it fits your description, though I don't believe this one is protected.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Flomy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:02 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:09 pm Guys, I hope you can help me out! I'm looking for a fic that I found in this thread but didn't bookmark. I've gone through all 600 replies in here already but I must have missed it.

It might be this one!?

https://archiveofourown.org/works/67955 ... s/15519862

I read it and (if I remember correctly) it fits your description, though I don't believe this one is protected.
Thank you! :stan:
I don't know why I was so convinced that it was protected and that I wasn't able to find it... :hmmm: Already read through it again and I can only recommend it; it's just the right amount of angst and fluff and loveliness for a Sunday afternoon in autumn.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I just read this absolutely delightful alien!Phil AU fic and couldn't help coming here to recommend it right away!

other worldly by domniall